ArrowRock Lodge Reviews

Rock House, Ballynary, Lough Arrow, Co. Sligo, Sligo, Ireland

This is a great place to stay if you are wanting to relax, and get away from the city. Out of my three weeks in Europe, this place was where I felt the most at home. Definitely very safe. Craig is very friendly and will solve any problems to the best he can for you.

Beautiful, cozy place to get away. Very nice and helpful staff. Beautiful landscape, hiking trails. If you have a car you should totally go there.

• 5th Sep 2015

If you don't have a car, it's very hard to get to the hostel. However, the location itself by the lake is really nice! Maybe the hostel could offer a shuttle-service to the main street for those who don't have a car. If they charge a fair price, I think this would be win-win.

The only thing I regret is that I only stood for one night. The former hotel has a unique athmosphere and character, it is just the right place to spend a few days away from the city. Bring your swim suit and enjoy the cristal clear lake, have a hike to the ancient tombs up the hill and enjoy the great landscape :)

Great hostel, great staff. It is one of the best options that you can choose in Co. Sligo. You need car.

Great place to stay- clean, helpful staff. We stayed there for only one day but if we will be in the area we will visit again. Lovely atmosphere, large garden, no problems with parking.

• 14th Aug 2015
  • Poland

In their booking confirmation they tell that you can phone if you have questions. The helpful guy at the desk told me that there is no direct telephone line into reception but the given number is the private number of the owner...

We actually stayed here in Sept, just past the end of their season. It was a bit musty and the kitchen was a bit of a mess (possibly because of the season being over?) but otherwise it was lovely. The showers were perfect with hot water and pressure, it's right by the lake, and the owner knows about all kinds of things to do in the area. We checked out the Carrowkeel Tombs and tried our hand at clay pigeon shooting and also caught up on sleep. I'd love to come back during high season and see it!

Was a good place to stay in a very quiet and pretty area. It is a great place to stay if you are driving around Ireland

The best staff I have met in hostel in Ireland so far, they're just so nice and friendly. When u stay there u don't think u are in hostel, just like in a friends home.., talk and play with the staff there. moreover, the hostel environment is very nice...