Ars Hostel & Bar Reviews

ul. Koletek 7, Krakow, Poland

Very clean hostel. Staff always around. Mattress was thin but apart from that couldn't fault much. Included breakfast is just bread with cheese / salami or cereal.

We have agreed on private bathrooms, and instead we were provided shared ones, not only with the residents of our floor, but with the rest of the hostel visitors, which made the use of bathrooms very poor and we felt extremely uncomfortable to use them as we would desire. Moreover, we had agreed upon having one room of 10 persons, and instead two out of the 9 persons of our group had to sleep on a shared room with 4 other persons.

• 4th Apr 2015
  • Greece

We spent a very short time at the hostel but we it was very good. It is a beautiful renewed building with simple clean and warm rooms. There is a wide common living roo and a little nice kitchen. Shared toilets are comfortable. The guys at the reception was really very friendly and helpful, they gave us lots of suggestions about what to do in Cracow and they was very useful in the booking of guided tours. They welcomed us with typical vodka and they were very nice

• 4th Apr 2015

Very very friendly staff and good location!! I definitely recommened it!!

Only a short walk from the main square, hidden bars in the opposite direction (Ask for the Jewish district) cheap! Only bad thing to say is the tours they book are extremely overpriced. Pays to walk towards the main square for better deals. Otherwise a decent choice for a weekend away.

a couple of times the staff entered the room where me and my girl were staying without knocking, thinking probably that we weren't there. but they showed to be very sorry actually. the heating wasn't working properly, the toilets are completely unprovided of it and they are very cold. the shower was far too little and the window of the men toilet had no curtains, so all neighbours could possibly see you naked coming out of the shower.

I arrived pretty late, but the staff was really friendly, gave all information and the welcome shot of vodka was pretty cool! Too bad the showers are small, but besides that, the bathroom is big and clean!

The hostel was closed because of no guests. So we got shift to green hostel instead. The staff was kind to helped us and bring us to green hostel. as for green hostel it is abit old but overall stay was still quite ok. Not much complain other than the weak Internet.

The reception guy/owner, Slawek, is the best hostel employee I've ever met. Free coffee and vodka shots. Over all its wondrful

• 6th Jan 2015

The older guy who must own the place is AMAZING. He was the best part, the other staff members English isn't that great and they weren't that helpful, but they do come around every night with free shots. Location is good, 10 minutes walking to the main square and close to the Jewish Quarter. Some nights there were no people and another night (when we wanted to sleep) there was a party in the common area. The beds on the bottom bunks were more like pads- super uncomfortable and we were cold

The best staff I have ever met in all hostels I stayed. They are really helpful and friendly, and of course the hostel is clean, highly valued for money.

This was my first journey in Krakòw and I couldnt find a better place to stay ! The staff is lovely !

Only two bathrooms for all the guests. Cold water in the shower, heaters didn't work well and the rooms had a bad smell. The living room was cool but Cold. The kitchen had just plastic knives, no forks or spoons

Overall the hostel is very nice, the rooms in the first floor are ok, the bathrooms are clean, the living room is cosy and big, there is a small kitchen for everyone and there is free breakfast. The staff is very friendly and helpful. In winter time, be sure to ask for a heater when you get the ground floor, it is a bit colder than upstairs.

• 21st Dec 2014
  • Poland

I had an awesome stay at ARS. I was given a complimentary shot of polish vodka upon arrival. All rooms were very clean. Great location with easy access to old town and the Jewish quarter. Would stay there again!!

I really enjoyed my stay here. The only minus point I have, is that there is no full kitchen present. Only a microwave, but no stove. So cooking pasta wasn't an option, and as a backpacker on a budget, that's what I usually do. But it is Poland, so eating out was cheap :-) A big plus is the cozy living room

• 12th Dec 2014
  • Belgium

Had a great time here, and the staff was really friendly. They gave us good recommendations for restaraunts and a free bottle of wine, completely unprompted!

• 7th Dec 2014

Great bunch of guys here! Definitely recommend