Arsenal Tavern Backpackers Reviews

175 Blackstock Road, London, England

You need to paint the walls of the rooms to add some freshness, I stayed in the hostel in Penrith ND IT and it was much more modern and relaxing, just because it is a backpackers does not excuse a lack of professionalism. It can smell musty and needs some air freshener. Great staff.

• 23rd Jun 2015

We agree about the painting. Some Egypt Cotton and Bullet grey should do the trick. Thanks for your commnets about the staff.

Super nice staff. Great vibes. Bar is a little lame (they only have cheap alcohol like Fosters) but the bartender is very nice. Funky building with a funky smell that is very cool. Overall a good hostel.

• New Zealand

We're glad you liked the smell! I We do have other beers as well, just Fosters is on special price for hostel guests.

Definitely I'll come again

• 23rd Jun 2015

Brilliant, cause we'll be happy to have you!

Its an old backpackers and it shows. However it has everything you need and i had a good time here. The common room is huge and they play good music throughout the day but the morning you get Family Guy + breakfast = good start to the day!

• 22nd Jun 2015

Thanks for the great reveiw. Glad you enjoyed your breakfast with us!

Stayed 4 nights at the hostel. Location is excellent and the city centre is only a 10 minutte commute away. The facilities impressed, mainly the common room and the men's shower room. The staff were particularly friendly and I would like to mention Vittorio who saw to all our needs and provided welcome company above all. I would recommend the hostel to anyone seeking stay in London I would definitely stay again.

• 22nd Jun 2015

I will pass on your commnets to Vittorio, he works very hard aroun d here and deserves all the praise he gets Very happy that you had a good time.

I liked waking up with the sun shining through the stained glass. The male and female shower rooms are seperate, but you have to change in front of other people (during rush hours) cause the showers are too small. I showered around 7/8am and I had the bathroom all for myself.

• Denmark

Hello and thank you for the review. Very happy to read that you slept well.

The staff was great. They were friendly and helpful.

If you only use the dire rooms for sleeping, you will enjoy this place. I met a lot of good people here as the atmosphere was friendly. Staff were very good. Location is very convenient and its good value.

• 16th Jun 2015
  • Czech Republic

Thanks for the review. Very happy to read that you had a good time here.

Really you get what you pay for with this hostel, it's cheap and cheerfull, but I have certainly been to better hostels - after paying more. The room was acceptable, and my bedding was clean. The showers were pretty clean, but be prepared to be naked in full view of the hall way. Toilets were also in an acceptable condition. I would agree that the communal room is pretty impressive. The luggage storage is free and the wifi was very fast.

• 16th Jun 2015
  • China

Hi and thanks for the review. All our show rooms have doors, so no one should be able to see you from the hallway. Enjoy the rest of your travels.

Nice hostel to stay for a few nights, the only downside was that the showers had only boiling hot or ice cold water- nothing in between. Otherwise everything was okay.

Thanks for the review. That shower in your dorm was out of order, sorry for the inconvenience. Glad you liked our hostel.

The twelve bed room could do with a lick of paint and the fan needed fixing but overall the hostel was well looked after and had a great atmosphere! The staff amazing and totally made our trip! Would recommend to anyone!

• 14th Jun 2015

Hi and thanks for the review, fantastic to read that you had a good stay.

This hostel is quite cheap for London, so you get what you pay for... Nothing horrible, but the mattesses are super thin, the dorm had a horrible smell, the staff never smile, there are 2 shower for the hostel and absolutely no atmosphere at all. When I was there, people got their phones stolen and the roof of my dorm broke, letting the water from the showers. above ran in the room. The common space is big, free tea and coffee - no kitchen -.

Hi and thanks for the review. The staff never smile?! Bit surprised to read that as we're a happy bunch round here. We also have 15 showers, your room wasn't damaged and no phones were reported stolen. We hope to see you again someday. Enjoy your travels east!

Cheap drinks in bar! Basic hostel but fun times.

• 8th Jun 2015
  • Japan

Yay another happy camper!

They must care about the beds, sheets and toilet. the bed is small and uncomfortable, in addition to it's dirty. Most of toilets are flooded, they don't accept credit card and It's far away. Positives: The staff are nice and helpful, there is pool and very big commen area to meet people.

Thanks for the review. But were are we far away from? Brighton?! It only takes 10 minutes to the city centre, 5 to Kings Cross, 20 to Camden or a quick 10 minute walk to Stokey. All of your comments have been noted and we will work on improving our hostel. We also now accept credit cards! Take care

The room we were in had a hole in the roof the size of a small paddling pool and all the debris still sat on the roof of the ablutions. I'm all for cheap and cheerful but the roof caving in is quite a concern!!!

• 6th Jun 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

We're going for the 'shabby chic' look in some of our dorms. That interior desinger cost us a small fortune. Everything is safe, trust me :)

Spacious communal area (though the enormous Jack Daniels advert that takes up the majority of the wallspace I found a bit vulgar). Friendly staff. The bed I was given was atop a triple bunk and had no sidebars. Not wanting to wake up impaled on the radiator next to it I asked to move and the guy at the desk happily obliged. We laughed about it, but I'd have been less inclined to see the funny side if a safe bed had not been available. The deathbunk aside, can't fault it for the money.

That bunk has been repaired, sorry for that. Guessing you’re not a bourbon fan?! Not my first choice either, so I’ll get in touch with Glenfiddich and check if they want to advertise. Glad you enjoyed your stay.

With a few improvements* the place could be super hot. As it is, it wasn't great. * Improvements such as: - an overhaul of the bathrooms (some of the showers were faulty and lack privacy) - better wifi provision (signal barely reached my bed, didn't reach further parts of my dorm) - some adjustment to the common areas to create a better atmosphere (it's not actively bad, just quite dead),

• 4th Jun 2015
  • Greece

Thanks for the review. All of you points have been taken on board. The WiFi now reaches all rooms! The rest will follow soon. Enjoy your travels!

Wish i stayed longer

• 4th Jun 2015
  • Poland

We wish you could have stayed as well. But you can always come back!

Horrible experience. Unconfortable matresses. Accepted above aged people in the hostel and keep your documents when you take the room keys.

• 2nd Jun 2015

Hi and thanks for the review. We keep documents as per our terms and conditions stated before booking. We occasionally let over age people check in rather than kick them to the curb when they arrive late. We're nice like that! And what’s wrong with us old people anyway! :D

Smells like urine. Affordable but you pay the price with cleanliness. I'm my room all the plugs are in one corner so it hard to charge everyone's phones.

I've asked Azat to change his cologne. We are looking into adding individual charging points to all bunks. Thanks for the review.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6