7.0
Very Good 1,732 Total Reviews
7.0
Very Good 1,732 Total Reviews
Arsenal Tavern Backpackers Located at 175 Blackstock Road, , London.
England
London N4 2JS 175 Blackstock Road
70% 1732
51.5609596 -0.0984235
    Rooms available

20th May 2016
8.0

After having read the reviews for this place, I thought it would be a real rat hole, but it was fine. Nothing was too loud. Everything was pretty clean. The beds were sort of like prison beds, but the toilets were functional and the showers were hot and private enough. The bar next door was pretty cool and cheap, and all the other lodgers seemed to be extremely considerate. It wasn't the party hostel I thought it would be. Overall, it was a nice place to stay. Don't bother with breakfast though.

20th May 2016
6.3

This hostel is dirty. The showers have standing water at all times on the floors and the rooms carpet has comit stains everywhere. It is a party hostel so i was expecting dirty but this was insane. Don't expect to ever feel clean at any point here. But, on the other hand the staff and everyone was really great and they had a pool table and playstation 4 anyone could use. It's super cheap to stay here so thats why i couldnt drop the rating below 6. You have to expect something will be bad.

18th May 2016
4.6

Pros: Close to the tube station, security lockers are available, breakfast available for 2 pounds, most of the staff was helpful, pressure and temperature in the showers were good, cheap. Cons: The whole place was filthy. There was mold on the walls in my room and dust and trash everywhere. The bathrooms and showers were really dirty. All the people in my room were living there. The mattresses were so thin you could feel bars underneath you. The overall atmosphere was uncomfortable.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
4.0

Pictures are deceiving. Uncomfortable atmosphere. Dirty rooms. Location far from city center.

Hi and thanks for the review. We are only ten minutes from Kings Cross and the city centre. That is excellent for London. I can only apologise for the rest of your experience. Enjoy the rest of your travels

• Smuainteach
  • Scotland, Male, 25-30
7.4

I was looking, quite simply, for a bed for two nights in London while I visited friends. For what I paid, Arsenal Tavern provided me with a bed, somewhere to wash and a lounge. The cleanliness was adequate - there was some mould on the ceiling in my dorm, but otherwise it was fine. Staff were helpful and baggage could be locked away. The showers were cramped and wet but this isn't unusual for a hostel. The mattress was surprisingly noisy, but I had no issues with the bed otherwise.

Thank you for the fair and honest review! We hope to see you again someday.

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
3.7

AVOID!!!!! This hostel's pictures are very misleading. The place is falling apart, the common area is runned down, the place smells bad and their furniture looks like it's been taken off the street. They claim to have a policy of strictly 18-35 year olds but when we arrived, there were older men hanging out in the common area who apparently live there. Not a good atmosphere at all and we felt very uncomfortable. The room was dirty and we couldn't even see the floor. Overall, terrible experience!

I am very sorry about your experience you had in the hostel. Nobody lives at the hostel and if a guest turns up outside our age policy, we allow them to stay for one night to find a more suitable accommodation. We find it is better customer service to do this rather than kick them to the kerb. Enjoy the rest of your travels.

12th May 2016
4.0

Small and thin mattresses, small beds. The worst hostel ever seen and I have seen quite a lot of hostels.

Hello and thanks for the review. We do try and warn people before they arrive not to have high expectations. We have taken on board all of your comments and we will use them to improve.

9th May 2016

Very good WiFi, big common room with pool, table tennis and even PS4. Also the stuff is very nice and helpful.

• Bulgaria, Male, 25-30
6th May 2016

The nicest hostel I have been to located in a very nice area. The place is full of people of anywhere with very nice atmosphere, smiled and friendly staff. Enjoyed my stay a lot and will recommend to everyone. Will use again 100%. This is your place!!!!!!

• Greece, Male, 18-24
4th May 2016
3.4

You get what you pay for, yes indeed yet this place was horrible. It has a moldy smell from the moment you enter, the toilets are horrible and the beds are just like in prison maybe even worse. Even if i get offered to stay there for free I will prefer sleeping outside... The activity room is build from things that have been collected from outside. Apart from that there is a bright side, you have a PlayStation to play with!

Did you not read our warning! All of your comments have been noted and we promise we are going to upgrade the hostel in the future. We hope you come back again someday and give us a second chance. You won't find a PlayStation on the street either my friend. Yamas!