Arsenal Tavern Backpackers Reviews

175 Blackstock Road, London, England

Negatives first; the hostel was seriously unclean, unwashed sheets, hair on duvet, etc. Positives; great location, some staff were super friendly. Incredibly cheap and pretty relaxed.

Whoops, not sure what happened here as we are normally very clean and I’m very sorry that you were given an unclean bed. We encourage all guests to come to reception with any problems like this. We love to help.

The toilet was clogged, the bed was uncomfortable, just not a good hostel in general.

• 29th May 2015

Thanks for you comments. Sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay.

This is definitely the worst hostel I have ever stayed in, and I have traveled quite a lot. The facilities are dirty and have no privacy whatsoever so you end up sharing a bit more than expected with total strangers. The rooms are disgusting and stacked like sardine cans(with triple bunked beds, the lower bunk being on the floor) The covers were dirty, I ended up using my coat to cover myself. I actually cut my stay short and went at a friends house for the rest of it because of the gross room!

Hello. We’re aware that we need to update our showers. Quite a few people tend to vent in reviews about the lack of privacy in them, as it can be a bit like a nude beach on the Med in there sometimes. But hey after 5 minutes you realise we are all the same and you just go with! Sorry about the cleanliness, that should not have happened.

excellent location; very good value for money; great breakfast

• Malta

This was the secund time that I stay in this hostel and I will recommend it to friends still. Thanks

• Haiti

The wifi was inconsistent in the rooms. The hostel common room is a bar which is fine until it would get really crowded in the evening. It would be nice if there was a separate space just for people staying in the hostel who don't necessarily want to be drinking etc...

• 27th May 2015

The location is really good - just 10 minutes from Hyde Park. athe staff is friendly and our dorm was clean, Deninately a place to stay again so a big thumbs up for the hosstel from Germany!

• 27th May 2015

Did not get one decent nights sleep in 3 nights. Money went missing and asked staff for help but the brushed me off and said there was nothing they could do. Asked them to look in the cameras and they said they can't. Shocking!!!!

• 25th May 2015

I slept on Saturday night in the 12 bed female dormitory . I could open a bit the window to oxygenate the room and the other people appreciated it. In late evening when I turned off the light nobody switched it on. The girl who arrived late used her mobile to light. The night was very silent. We showered outside the door because our shower was out of order. The hostel is well served both by bus and tube. Bus nr. 29take you directly to Camden market

• 23rd May 2015

Great stay in this hostel with a good location, close to central London and Camden Town. The staff is really friendly and available for the customers.

• 22nd May 2015

Very welcoming staff, and sufficient space given to guests. Flexibility in terms of time is also great- a nice stop on any journey

• 20th May 2015

Great location and easy to find! No lockers in the rooms, but outlets near most of the beds. Staff were brilliant!!

• 20th May 2015

The light, we asked twice to fix it. But none came until we check-out. Overall, staffs were friendly and helpful.

• 19th May 2015

Great service and assistance, very fast wifi. No kitchen and rooms were very, very run down.

• 19th May 2015

The hostel had little or no facilities, the bathroom where horrible and so tiny.

Hello and thanks for the review. Very sorry to read that you did not have a good stay with us but happy to see you gave staff and our location top marks. Take care.

I did not enjoy my stay. The upkeep was extremely poor. Tears and holes in couches and chairs. Common rooms, and bed rooms were dirty. The staff was ok, although they did not introduce themselves, which is a big deal. Overall i wasn't pleased and will not be going back.

Sorry to read that you had a poor time here. Our vintage look doesn't appeal to everyone! Take care.

This is a decent hostel, and definitely fine for the price. The best part was the awesome bar. The rooms were a bit crowded and the the beds uncomfortable. The showers lack privacy and you had to change with the door open. However, the staff were really helpful and friendly throughout our stay so that's a definite plus!

• 14th May 2015

Thank you for the excellent review. We have now installed privacy screens in the showers so it doesn't feel so much like taking a shower in the wild!

The people staying at the hostel were really nice and fun!! The guys at the reception were really nice as well and really helpful :D Good hostel and i felt at home

• 14th May 2015

Thank you for the excellent review!

Had a great stay despite being a spurs fan :)

• 13th May 2015

Showers could be a lot better. Helpful staff, good to have a fridge available. Overall, a good place to stay.

Showers could be a lot better and we are going to be ripping them down and starting again with them soon. Thanks for the top review my friend and we hope to see you again.