Arsenal Tavern Backpackers Reviews

175 Blackstock Road, London, England

I could not find a toilet with a mirror to be able to shave... Very good for security with in room lockers for free. Close to center, easy free road side car parking nearby on the weekend at least.

• 11th Jul 2015
  • Portugal

We have now bought new mirrors for the bathrooms that were short. Thank you for the good review.

Das Hostel benötigt dringend eine komplette >>>RENOVIERUNG

Rooms were really crowded with beds that had hardly a mattress, more like sleeping on a gym mat. They were clean and the staff was very helpful, especially as my plane was late so I didn't arrive to check in until 1:30 AM. Bathrooms were tiny and disgusting as they were all flooded with water. No real place to change for the showers. Lounge area was really nice with a large tv, plenty of places to sit, purified water, and lots of outlets.

Thank you for the review. Sorry about the cleaning standards, you should not have found the bathrooms in that condition. Glad you had fun in our lounge.

Definately a bad choice to stay. The rooms are dark, there are no Windows in the house at all, the beds are very uncomfortable, most of the showers doesn't work and the toilets and bathrooms are dirty. There is no kitchen onl a fridge and a mikrowave. The whole building has a strange smell and an atmosphere, that didn't make me feel good. The staff is ok, the location is fine as well. Luckily there was a lot of nice people around, so it made the stay ok. I definately DON'T recommend to go there

• 8th Jul 2015

Wow, so sorry to read that you found the building so dire but happy that you still had a good time here. Thanks for the review.

Staff was really kind and helpful, anything else was a joke.

• Hungary

The staff is the strong point of this hostel. Each staff member was friendly and eager to help and to answer questions. The rooms are very run down and need to be upgraded. Everyone I spoke with felt the same but this is reflected in the price. The location was great concerning the proximity of the main attractions in London

• South Korea

My girl friend and I stayed at this hostel for 3 nights. We are both very avid traveller's and have stayed in many hostels.. Arsenal Tavern is by far the worst place we have ever stayed. The staff was very lazy and not at all helpful. The bed mattress was a rubber pad and it smelled horrible. We stayed in a 9 person room that was not even big enough for 4 beds. The washrooms were the most disgusting things we have ever seen I think they were cleaned once in 3 days. Do not stay here!!!!! Lame

• 7th Jul 2015

I stayed in a 9 bed dorm and it was okay. If you have high standards and expect a 5 star hotel its bests to stay away. I shared my dorm with some americans and they were freaking out! Its in a very good location and is good value for July. I would stay again.

• 7th Jul 2015

The room was too hot at the night and i slept in the lounge

• 6th Jul 2015

Brilliant place to stay, very near to Kingscross station. So very near for the tube station. Clean and felt secure. Very good breakfast and very fast wifi.Wouldd highly recommend. Very good value for money.

• 6th Jul 2015

Sucks balls. It is an absolute dump.

• 5th Jul 2015

The Beds were horrible, sleeping in a 12person dorm isn't easy at the best of times however I feel as though im a heavy sleeper and have managed a decent sleep all over Europe on a tour with little effort but it was made considerably worse with the fact the mattress was the thickness of my index finger and every 3 person bunk bed squeeked with little to no movment.. While watching orange is the new black a Tv series about people within the jail they had better beds... Please fix! Staff amazing!!

You need to paint the walls of the rooms to add some freshness, I stayed in the hostel in Penrith ND IT and it was much more modern and relaxing, just because it is a backpackers does not excuse a lack of professionalism. It can smell musty and needs some air freshener. Great staff.

• 23rd Jun 2015

We agree about the painting. Some Egypt Cotton and Bullet grey should do the trick. Thanks for your commnets about the staff.

Super nice staff. Great vibes. Bar is a little lame (they only have cheap alcohol like Fosters) but the bartender is very nice. Funky building with a funky smell that is very cool. Overall a good hostel.

• New Zealand

We're glad you liked the smell! I We do have other beers as well, just Fosters is on special price for hostel guests.

Definitely I'll come again

• 23rd Jun 2015

Brilliant, cause we'll be happy to have you!

Its an old backpackers and it shows. However it has everything you need and i had a good time here. The common room is huge and they play good music throughout the day but the morning you get Family Guy + breakfast = good start to the day!

• 22nd Jun 2015

Thanks for the great reveiw. Glad you enjoyed your breakfast with us!

Stayed 4 nights at the hostel. Location is excellent and the city centre is only a 10 minutte commute away. The facilities impressed, mainly the common room and the men's shower room. The staff were particularly friendly and I would like to mention Vittorio who saw to all our needs and provided welcome company above all. I would recommend the hostel to anyone seeking stay in London I would definitely stay again.

• 22nd Jun 2015

I will pass on your commnets to Vittorio, he works very hard aroun d here and deserves all the praise he gets Very happy that you had a good time.

I liked waking up with the sun shining through the stained glass. The male and female shower rooms are seperate, but you have to change in front of other people (during rush hours) cause the showers are too small. I showered around 7/8am and I had the bathroom all for myself.

• Denmark

Hello and thank you for the review. Very happy to read that you slept well.

The staff was great. They were friendly and helpful.

If you only use the dire rooms for sleeping, you will enjoy this place. I met a lot of good people here as the atmosphere was friendly. Staff were very good. Location is very convenient and its good value.

• 16th Jun 2015
  • Czech Republic

Thanks for the review. Very happy to read that you had a good time here.