Arsenal Tavern Backpackers Reviews

175 Blackstock Road, London, England

they need to add breatfash for backpakers!!

• Finland

We do have a breakfast?! All you can eat buffet just like they have at Wombats hostels, except we only charge £2 and not £4! Yay!!

Everything was great, except for the bedrooms (which is kind of the most important thing when it comes to accommodations). The mattresses were poor, the duvet was not breathable, and the rooms were very stuffy. The showers and toilets were perfectly adequate, and the common room was splendid!

• 12th May 2015

Points noted about our dorms. We have big plans for them but for now they do the job. Thats for the top review.

this is the second time ive stayed here the staff are so very helpfull and enjoyed my stay i would use it again keep up yhe good work regards callum

• 12th May 2015

Thanks for the top marks Calum! Enjoy the rest of you trip pal.

This hostel = awesomeness

• 10th May 2015

Welcoming staff member, smiley and made an effort to give a good welcome for this tired guest, who arrived late in the evening, after a long bus ride. When i had to leave in the early morning, a different receptionist was even more smiley. I suggest these kind of people get big bottle of vodka

• 10th May 2015

Very cool hostel and especially for those solo traveling. The staff was very helpful when I had some last minute booking issues. The wifi was incredibly fast. I would absolutely stay here again!

• 10th May 2015

Rooms were very clean until the roof came down! Bar downstairs was fun to meet others. Lounge area was comfy and relaxing. Location was fantastic, we walked everywhere. Breakfast in the morning was delicious! (Although not included)

• 10th May 2015

I stayed in a dorm. It was spacious and clean. The location of the hostel is the best thing about it. The common area is also big and cozy. The bar has some good offers and breakfast is really good for the prize.

• Scotland

I think Arsenal Tavern Hostel is a good choice for everybody, who want a good stay and fun. Location is really excellent, just a cross the street from Station. The staff is nice and helpful if you need anything. Most of all I like the private bathroom in the room. But there is just one thing i didn't like it so much and that was a bar downstairs, for a hostel it closes to early and is expensive

• 10th May 2015

Our bar is actually cheap for London prices, but maybe not for binge drinkers like yourself! Very happy to read you had a good time here and we hope to see you again.

The staff was very nice and helpful. I felt like my stuff was safe when i left it and I didn't have any problems with theft. Overall, the place was sort of dirty and there was little personal space to spend time in. The bathrooms were OK. Hot water worked, but again a little bit grimy. Many of the toilets didn't work. Luckily the place was close to the Finsbury Park Tube stop and it was easy to get to the center of the city from there.

• 9th May 2015

I really enjoyed my stay there. The staff was awesome. I highly recommend it.

• 9th May 2015

You literally sleep on a yoga mat on top of a bed frame. But hey, you get what you pay for.

The cleanness of this hostel is about the worst I'd ever seen. The place is cleaned for only twice a week, bedrooms for once per week, floors of bathrooms and toilet are always full of dirty water. For any public places, cleaning supposed to be done everyday! Half of the showers are broken, and often run short of hot water. Sofas are chairs are torn and broken, tables are always dirty and sticky, the "cooking facilities" is merely a microwave oven. All staffs lack professionalism!

• 4th May 2015
  • Hong Kong

I stayed at the hostel for four nights, and I was positively surprised as this was also my first hostel experience. The hostel is situated 5 minutes from the underground and the city centre can be easily reached in under 10 mins by tube. I liked the breakfast, and the room was clean but very run down. The women's bathroom can be a little cramped since there are only three showers. Overall, I really enjoyed my stay. Will come back if I visit London again. :)

• 3rd May 2015
  • Spain

Convenient location, just 5 minutes from Arsenal stadium. Good staff

• 3rd May 2015

Thanks for the great review! Take care

The hostel was cheap, staff was friendly, but that is it. Toilets and showers not that clean, rooms were smelly and matresses really thin, also breakfast was not that good for 2 pounds and they didnt organiye activities for travellers. So, I would only recommend if you don't have that much money and want to save a bit. Otherwise, go somewhere else.

• 1st May 2015

The thing is that they have a very good staff and that is it. I'd recommend to clean the rooms daily, like settle a time to clean it all.

Hi and thanks for the review. Your comments about staff are really appreciated and we are already working through each room as you suggested. Thanks again.

Had a great experience, and met new friends. Staff members, particularly Luke, was awesome and friendly. i would definitely go back there again.

Hi and thanks for the review. Luke always goes the extra inch when giving his customer service! We're glad you had a good time.

I will say that the staff seemed really on top of it. And they did a through clean of the toliets in the morning. But the rest was spectacularly horrible. I think I read a review before I booked that said it was like a jail... No I've been in a jail cell nicer than this. The mattress is plastic and about 2 inches thick. That's it. 2 inches. The sheets and bedding are old. I was itchy. Triple bunks with the bottom one literally on the floor (on a 2 inch thick mattress). Showers disgusting. BAD.

Hi and thanks for the review. Very sorry to read that you did not have a good stay. All your comments have been noted. We hope you enjoy the rest of your travels

Its okay.