Arsenal Tavern Backpackers Reviews

175 Blackstock Road, London, England

Nice hostel to stay for a few nights, the only downside was that the showers had only boiling hot or ice cold water- nothing in between. Otherwise everything was okay.

Thanks for the review. That shower in your dorm was out of order, sorry for the inconvenience. Glad you liked our hostel.

The twelve bed room could do with a lick of paint and the fan needed fixing but overall the hostel was well looked after and had a great atmosphere! The staff amazing and totally made our trip! Would recommend to anyone!

• 14th Jun 2015

Hi and thanks for the review, fantastic to read that you had a good stay.

This hostel is quite cheap for London, so you get what you pay for... Nothing horrible, but the mattesses are super thin, the dorm had a horrible smell, the staff never smile, there are 2 shower for the hostel and absolutely no atmosphere at all. When I was there, people got their phones stolen and the roof of my dorm broke, letting the water from the showers. above ran in the room. The common space is big, free tea and coffee - no kitchen -.

Hi and thanks for the review. The staff never smile?! Bit surprised to read that as we're a happy bunch round here. We also have 15 showers, your room wasn't damaged and no phones were reported stolen. We hope to see you again someday. Enjoy your travels east!

Cheap drinks in bar! Basic hostel but fun times.

• 8th Jun 2015
  • Japan

Yay another happy camper!

They must care about the beds, sheets and toilet. the bed is small and uncomfortable, in addition to it's dirty. Most of toilets are flooded, they don't accept credit card and It's far away. Positives: The staff are nice and helpful, there is pool and very big commen area to meet people.

Thanks for the review. But were are we far away from? Brighton?! It only takes 10 minutes to the city centre, 5 to Kings Cross, 20 to Camden or a quick 10 minute walk to Stokey. All of your comments have been noted and we will work on improving our hostel. We also now accept credit cards! Take care

The room we were in had a hole in the roof the size of a small paddling pool and all the debris still sat on the roof of the ablutions. I'm all for cheap and cheerful but the roof caving in is quite a concern!!!

• 6th Jun 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

We're going for the 'shabby chic' look in some of our dorms. That interior desinger cost us a small fortune. Everything is safe, trust me :)

Spacious communal area (though the enormous Jack Daniels advert that takes up the majority of the wallspace I found a bit vulgar). Friendly staff. The bed I was given was atop a triple bunk and had no sidebars. Not wanting to wake up impaled on the radiator next to it I asked to move and the guy at the desk happily obliged. We laughed about it, but I'd have been less inclined to see the funny side if a safe bed had not been available. The deathbunk aside, can't fault it for the money.

That bunk has been repaired, sorry for that. Guessing you’re not a bourbon fan?! Not my first choice either, so I’ll get in touch with Glenfiddich and check if they want to advertise. Glad you enjoyed your stay.

With a few improvements* the place could be super hot. As it is, it wasn't great. * Improvements such as: - an overhaul of the bathrooms (some of the showers were faulty and lack privacy) - better wifi provision (signal barely reached my bed, didn't reach further parts of my dorm) - some adjustment to the common areas to create a better atmosphere (it's not actively bad, just quite dead),

• 4th Jun 2015
  • Greece

Thanks for the review. All of you points have been taken on board. The WiFi now reaches all rooms! The rest will follow soon. Enjoy your travels!

Wish i stayed longer

• 4th Jun 2015
  • Poland

We wish you could have stayed as well. But you can always come back!

Horrible experience. Unconfortable matresses. Accepted above aged people in the hostel and keep your documents when you take the room keys.

• 2nd Jun 2015

Hi and thanks for the review. We keep documents as per our terms and conditions stated before booking. We occasionally let over age people check in rather than kick them to the curb when they arrive late. We're nice like that! And what’s wrong with us old people anyway! :D

Smells like urine. Affordable but you pay the price with cleanliness. I'm my room all the plugs are in one corner so it hard to charge everyone's phones.

I've asked Azat to change his cologne. We are looking into adding individual charging points to all bunks. Thanks for the review.

Negatives first; the hostel was seriously unclean, unwashed sheets, hair on duvet, etc. Positives; great location, some staff were super friendly. Incredibly cheap and pretty relaxed.

Whoops, not sure what happened here as we are normally very clean and I’m very sorry that you were given an unclean bed. We encourage all guests to come to reception with any problems like this. We love to help.

The toilet was clogged, the bed was uncomfortable, just not a good hostel in general.

• 29th May 2015

Thanks for you comments. Sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay.

This is definitely the worst hostel I have ever stayed in, and I have traveled quite a lot. The facilities are dirty and have no privacy whatsoever so you end up sharing a bit more than expected with total strangers. The rooms are disgusting and stacked like sardine cans(with triple bunked beds, the lower bunk being on the floor) The covers were dirty, I ended up using my coat to cover myself. I actually cut my stay short and went at a friends house for the rest of it because of the gross room!

Hello. We’re aware that we need to update our showers. Quite a few people tend to vent in reviews about the lack of privacy in them, as it can be a bit like a nude beach on the Med in there sometimes. But hey after 5 minutes you realise we are all the same and you just go with! Sorry about the cleanliness, that should not have happened.

excellent location; very good value for money; great breakfast

• Malta

This was the secund time that I stay in this hostel and I will recommend it to friends still. Thanks

• Haiti

The wifi was inconsistent in the rooms. The hostel common room is a bar which is fine until it would get really crowded in the evening. It would be nice if there was a separate space just for people staying in the hostel who don't necessarily want to be drinking etc...

• 27th May 2015

The location is really good - just 10 minutes from Hyde Park. athe staff is friendly and our dorm was clean, Deninately a place to stay again so a big thumbs up for the hosstel from Germany!

• 27th May 2015

Did not get one decent nights sleep in 3 nights. Money went missing and asked staff for help but the brushed me off and said there was nothing they could do. Asked them to look in the cameras and they said they can't. Shocking!!!!

• 25th May 2015

I slept on Saturday night in the 12 bed female dormitory . I could open a bit the window to oxygenate the room and the other people appreciated it. In late evening when I turned off the light nobody switched it on. The girl who arrived late used her mobile to light. The night was very silent. We showered outside the door because our shower was out of order. The hostel is well served both by bus and tube. Bus nr. 29take you directly to Camden market

• 23rd May 2015