Arsenal Tavern Backpackers Reviews

175 Blackstock Road, London, England

great location... easy to get to... excellent staff! See you again guys

• 29th Apr 2015

For the price I was expecting a real sh*thole but it wasn't so bad if you just use the dorms to sleep it. The common room and bar are pretty impressive. Shame the rooms are so poor. Staff are excellent.

• Ukraine

I'm happy we proved to be better than you expected! We are improving the hostel on a weekly basis. Make sure to come again as we'd love to have ya.

I could check in right away when I arrived which was excellent. The hostel is nice with a good atmosphere but might not be something for everyone. Staff was really nice and helpful! I only stayed one night but I enjoyed myself.

• 29th Apr 2015

Brilliant review! Thanks for the top marks. We hope to see you again someday. Goodbye

Nice place with good people

Thanks for the review!

Excellent value for money and I would definitely go back. Thanks for all the help guys!

• 28th Apr 2015
  • Latvia

No problem, and thanks for the excellent review!

Really well located hostel. 20 minutes to Camden and Central Lindon without the high prices of other hostels. Good staff.

• 27th Apr 2015

Glad you had a good time. Thanks for the review! Take care.

This hostel is old and needs to be updated in a major way. My 9 bed dorm smelled really bad with all the people in it. It scares me to imagine what the bigger dorms were like.The staff were excellent but are trying to put life into an old dog. Old dogs get shot. Builders were in carrying out some work so maybe this place will be awesome as it certainly has the potential. Top marks for effort I suppose.

• 26th Apr 2015

You can't shoot old dogs! You got to love them tell the end. But thanks for the very fair and honest review.

The security at the hostel is very good. You must show card to get in. Showers new and nice. Staff were very nice.

• China

Very helpful staff, great pub and power outlets available all over huge common room. Was two funny and comfortable nights indeed.

• 26th Apr 2015

Hi and thanks for the review. we're very happy to read you had a good time. Take care

this is not a hostel this is a jail

• 18th Apr 2015
  • Algeria

Hello and thanks for the review! Can confirm we are not a jail but definitely a youth hostel for backpackers. We hope you found something more suited for yourself. Take care.

dirty and smelly everything broken and said to be fixed 'tomorrow'

So sorry to read that you had a poor experience here. We will continue to work hard to improve the hostel. Thanks for the review.

The showers (as other reviewers have said) were really dirty. The stalls were really small (I'm underweight as it is), not to mention that some stalls not working and for the showers that did work there was no light in the stalls at times. There were 9 people in a room, it was very cramped, not to mention the walls were dirty. THERE IS NO KITCHEN, only a microwave and tea kettle and one fridge for everyone. There is breakfast, I have an allergy so I did not have it. I won't stay there again

• 16th Apr 2015

Very sorry to read you did not have a good stay with us. The final stages of upgrading the female showers are just begining now. We don't have a kitchen, but don't advertise that we have one. To avoid future disapointment its always best to check a hostels facilities, description and pictures to make sure you know what to expect before you book. Take care!

Very poor

• 15th Apr 2015
  • Morocco

Lockers are a bit small, would be good to have lockers in the rooms too. Toilets were blocked a few times, and they are tiny, my knees hit both walls when I was sitting and had to have an arm on the sink. Showers have NO privacy, not even frosted glass. Two bars in the chill out lounge, neither was ever open. Couches and seats in the lunge need replacing, lots of holes in fabric etc. the lounge always had people in it, but 'twas only for the wifi. Everyone was plugged in and quiet.

Fantastic place! Clean and Nice hostel. Not far from Central London took me 20min get to Oxford street. Helpful staff. Big common area. Breakfast was very good. Its ony 2£ which is cheaper than other hostels I've stayed. :) Will recommend!!!

• 7th Apr 2015

Fantastic review! I hope you felt like a king while staying here. Thanks for the review.

My stay was absolutely awesome! Breakfast is cheap for only £2 you can have a proper continental breakfast!! Loved the movie night... The hostel was clean and the staff was kind and helpful! I definitly will come back

• 7th Apr 2015

Hey thanks for the great review you handsome devil you! Enjoy the rest of your travels!

A decent hostel, value for money, helpful staff, good location, comfy beds! Would ask for a ticket system for luggage being left, felt like anyone could take it. Other than that, would definitely return!

• 5th Apr 2015

Hey thanks for the great review! We have already purchased tags for guests luggage and are just waiting for them to be delivered. However our luggage room is already very secure as it can also be accessed by staff. Take care and we hope to see you again someday.

Loved it, especially the atmosphere. Staff was really helpfull and nice. New showers were great. Bar was pretty cool too.The only thing i didn't like was the fact that they had no alternative to milk for breakfast - not everyne can digest dairy products. I don't mind drinking tea without soy/almond/oat milk but it'd be nice if I could.

Thanks for the review. We do provide alternative options to milk, sorry you were not made aware of this. Very happy to read that you had a good time here! Thanks again and enjoy your travels.

Hi, well from where to start ? It was the worst Hostel I never stayed in. Very very dirty all over the premises,9 people in a Small room,bed frames staffing 3 persons Horizontally reaching the selling, in that kind of room it should be only 4 people!! All bathrooms and toilets are very very tiny,you suffer to find a way to close the doors behind you. water is cold,showers outside rooms are fixing them forever.BRIEF AVOID,it should not be in Hostel world list!!!??SHAME

We stayed in a female dorm for two nights and it was not bad. The staff were really helpful and friendly. Breakfast was £2 and you could eat as much toast and cereal as you liked. The room contained three triple bunks and was quite small, so it was a bit crowded when everyone was getting ready at the same time. There was a bathroom in the room, but the shower didn't really work, and more showers and toilets outside, which were ok. Overall good value for money for London and easy to get to.

Hello and thanks for the review. It was great having you guys here and we are happy you had a good time. Enjoy the rest of your trip.