Arsenal Tavern Backpackers Reviews

175 Blackstock Road, London, England

The place was very dirty, shower didn't work, breakfast was free but in the last day they charge 2,00 with no reason

Hi and thanks for the review. Sorry to read that you found the hostel to be very dirty. We will work even harder to improve on this. We have upgraded our breakfast and you should have not been charged for it. I have refunded the £2 back to your credit card. Take care and enjoy the rest of your travels.

Very kind and helpful staff, maintenance work of showers highly appreciated, hostel could be cleaner but bathrooms were all right, furnitures in the bedrooms could be modernised e.g. curtains around each bed, plugs and a little light for everyone would be great. All in all value for money was good, I felt safe and generally enjoyed my stay.

• 28th Mar 2015

Hi and thanks for the very fair review! We accept that the hostel can be cleaner and we have employed extra cleaning staff to help. We have plans to modernise our bunks and we hope you choose us again to see the upgrade when complete! Hope you had a great time in London.

Even thought i felt safe during my stay at the Hostel, It was not very nice. I had payed for a 9 bedroom all girls, and got a 12 bedroom all girls. Breakfast was included in the price, but after a few days, I had to pay 2£.. It was very cheap and all of the staff were friendly. Someone cleaned the showers and bathrooms every day, but the condition of the rooms, beds and shared showers were horrible. Very few of the showers worked, which meant boys had to go shower in the girls bathroom..

• 27th Mar 2015
  • Denmark

Hi and thanks for the review. I suspect we may have had a bit of a joker staying with us during your stay as are showers are definitely not mixed and single sex only. Either that or they may have made a genuine mistake. Our female dorm has always been 12 beds. We have upgraded our breakfast and we now charge only £2 for it. However we only started this last week but had advertised it over two months ago on all websites that it was no longer free. Sorry this was communicated to you better.

Good location, easy to find. The rooms are very airy and have lots of room, comfy beds and solid bunk beds. Not the cleanest but okay. Includes breakfast too :)

Hi and thanks for top review! We are working hard on the cleaning and have employed extra staff to help.

The beds were a little basic and not too comfortable and the room was a little stuffy. Other than that, good value for money, friendly staff and good breakfast.

Hello and thanks for the review. Your comments about our beds have been noted and it is something we will improve on. We are glad you had a good stay overall, take care!

Good hostel. Just needs bath mat in the bathrooms so the floors aren't so wet from the showers. Otherwise good facilities and price

Shower mats have been ordered! Thanks for the tip :) Glad to read an experienced backpacker rate us so highly, it makes all the hard work worthwhile! Enjoy your travels

It has only one shower for males and it smells like sulfur. They are working on extra showers for the summer season though. The common areas close at 3am i.e. you cannot stay till late talking with friends.

• 13th Mar 2015

Hello and thank you for the review. Apologies for the disruption while you were here, we are currently updating our showers which will be all shiny and brand new soon. We close our common area at 3am so the night team can clean the hostel; I hope it didn’t spoil your night. Take care.

I didn't feel safe there at all. There were no individual lamps by the beds which was inconvenient. I did appreciate having so many outlets in the room though. The bathroom was filthy but it was nice to have a bathroom in the dorm. A member of the staff gave us wrong information on the tube even after looking it up, but the staff was very very nice. Free lockers and breakfast which was nice.

Hello and thank you for the review. I am very sorry to read that you felt unsafe here. I can assure you the hostel is very safe and in a safe area of London, staffed 24/7, free lockers, CCTV throughout and access to the hostel controlled at all times. We are working hard on the cleaning standards of the hostel and will work even harder. Enjoy the rest of your travels.

A few communal toilets and two working communal showers. Also had a toilet and shower in our mixed dorm but the warm water was nonexistent. Beds were fine with our first being horrible due to a snorer who reaked and wouldn't wake up to his alarm. Otherwise fine other than a stolen phone charger.

• 12th Mar 2015

Hi and thanks for the review. We have your charger! It got handed in but we had no idea who it belonged too. Our showers are being upgraded and will be ready very soon, sorry for the disruption.Enjoy the rest of your trip.

The manager and staff are very friendly,helpful,welcoming and very laid back.stayed there for few weeks.its close to the tube and it takes 10 mins to get into the city centre via the victoria line.renovations are under way to improve the shower facilities.its cheap too considering the proximity to the city centre!definately worth a stay

• 25th Feb 2015

Hey thank you so much for the great review, we are glad you had a great time here! Take care.

The hostel is very nice if your in budget going to London! I would recomend this hostel to everyone if you want to spend £140 for 5 days! All the shop near in the hostel is really cheap! Arsenal Tube and Finsbury Park is very access to all tourist attraction in London in 15mins you can be in the place you want to! So, I highly recomend this hostel if you want a really cheap place to stay!

Hey thanks for the great review. We are happy you had a good time and we agree our location is amazing! Enjoy the rest of your travels.

Facilities such as showers and toilets exist, but are rather small and the shower has a rather peculiar mechanism to start(one needs to ask somebody if one does not wish to remain dirty the entire stay). the rooms are also overly crowded; i stayed in the 9 person room which meant that there were 3 sets of 3 overlapping beds in a 12mp enclosed space- in the morning the air was very heavy. on the other hand, the hostel was cheap and the beds quite comfy and there was a breakfast included.

• 10th Feb 2015
  • Romania

Hello and thank you for the review. We have noted your comments about the dorm you stayed in and we will reduce the number of beds in it very soon.

They need new showers ,new bed they need almost evrithing new

Hello and thank you for the review. We are currently updating our showers so please stay again, you'll be presently surprised

Although I enjoyed my time at this hostel I'm presently very annoyed at a bad business decision just implemented by the management. They have forced me to leave the hostel on the basis of a maximum stay term per year for any individual of 14 days. I've been paying on time every Monday, never cause the staff grief, and have been earning them steady profit and they've now lost a loyal and good customer for no reason whatsoever.

Hello and thanks for the review. I appreciate your frustration, but we are a youth hostel for backpackers. I hope you find something more suitable for yourself. Take care.

1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » last »