Arsenal Tavern Backpackers Reviews

175 Blackstock Road, London, England

Very environmentally friendly hostel- you will save water by not having a shower because they're awful, but you can clean yourself in the toilet after. Great 1950's styled beds and awesome mattresses that are good for your posture as they are like sleeping on the floor. The old plastic coated mattresses and squeaky beds are a nice touch- they double as a free wakeup call when someone gets into bed. Free jungle gym in every 12 person dorm- no storage so you have to climb over bags to go to bed ;)

Wow, not a happy camper! We have noted all of your criticisms and we are hard at work here to improve the hostel. We admit the place has been let get run down, but the hostel is now under new management and will get better. Come check us out again in the future. I have sent you an email with details of a free stay with us!

I could tell the worst hostel ever. I spent 10 days in 15 bed dorm without working ventilation. Stinky, untidy. Totally stay from this one away. One thing which was good was price. 7-10 pounds per night.

Thank you for the review. Very, very sorry to read about your experience here. The hostel is now under new management and we are all working hard to improve the place. I'm sure you will agree the hostel is like an old vintage car that just needs some work done on it. Come stay with us for free some day in the future to see the improvements. I have sent you an email with a 100% discount. Enjoy your travels!

It was cheap and close to where I wanted to go, but I wouldn't stay there for more than 2 nights. Rooms are small, packed with beds (15 beds on 15 square meters) and windows are blocked, so you can't really breathe inside. Not to mention that the floor is covered with luggage. Everything seemed to be functioning though and staff was helpful, but the overall state of things was low (been in better hostels in Ukraine, if you know what I mean).

• 23rd Jan 2015
  • Slovenia

Hey thanks for the review. Windows shouldn't be blocked so I will look into that. We are also reducing the number of beds in a room. Come back again, I'm sure you'll find us a lot better than Ukraine hostels!

It was okay.

l felt good, as at home! no stress problem or other, everytime l've been in here, professional staff, friendly, everything ok!

• 15th Jan 2015