Arsenal Tavern Hostel Reviews

175 Blackstock Road, London, England

I stayed at the hostel for four nights, and I was positively surprised as this was also my first hostel experience. The hostel is situated 5 minutes from the underground and the city centre can be easily reached in under 10 mins by tube. I liked the breakfast, and the room was clean but very run down. The women's bathroom can be a little cramped since there are only three showers. Overall, I really enjoyed my stay. Will come back if I visit London again. :)

• 3rd May 2015
  • Spain

Convenient location, just 5 minutes from Arsenal stadium. Good staff

• 3rd May 2015

Had a great experience, and met new friends. Staff members, particularly Luke, was awesome and friendly. i would definitely go back there again.

I will say that the staff seemed really on top of it. And they did a through clean of the toliets in the morning. But the rest was spectacularly horrible. I think I read a review before I booked that said it was like a jail... No I've been in a jail cell nicer than this. The mattress is plastic and about 2 inches thick. That's it. 2 inches. The sheets and bedding are old. I was itchy. Triple bunks with the bottom one literally on the floor (on a 2 inch thick mattress). Showers disgusting. BAD.

Its okay.

• Sweden

great location... easy to get to... excellent staff! See you again guys

• 29th Apr 2015

For the price I was expecting a real sh*thole but it wasn't so bad if you just use the dorms to sleep it. The common room and bar are pretty impressive. Shame the rooms are so poor. Staff are excellent.

• Ukraine

I could check in right away when I arrived which was excellent. The hostel is nice with a good atmosphere but might not be something for everyone. Staff was really nice and helpful! I only stayed one night but I enjoyed myself.

• 29th Apr 2015

Nice place with good people

• 29th Apr 2015

Excellent value for money and I would definitely go back. Thanks for all the help guys!

• 28th Apr 2015
  • Latvia

Really well located hostel. 20 minutes to Camden and Central Lindon without the high prices of other hostels. Good staff.

• 27th Apr 2015

This hostel is old and needs to be updated in a major way. My 9 bed dorm smelled really bad with all the people in it. It scares me to imagine what the bigger dorms were like.The staff were excellent but are trying to put life into an old dog. Old dogs get shot. Builders were in carrying out some work so maybe this place will be awesome as it certainly has the potential. Top marks for effort I suppose.

• 26th Apr 2015

The security at the hostel is very good. You must show card to get in. Showers new and nice. Staff were very nice.

• China

Very helpful staff, great pub and power outlets available all over huge common room. Was two funny and comfortable nights indeed.

• 26th Apr 2015

this is not a hostel this is a jail

• 18th Apr 2015
  • Algeria

Hello and thanks for the review! Can confirm we are not a jail but definitely a youth hostel for backpackers. We hope you found something more suited for yourself. Take care.

dirty and smelly everything broken and said to be fixed 'tomorrow'

So sorry to read that you had a poor experience here. We will continue to work hard to improve the hostel. Thanks for the review.

The showers (as other reviewers have said) were really dirty. The stalls were really small (I'm underweight as it is), not to mention that some stalls not working and for the showers that did work there was no light in the stalls at times. There were 9 people in a room, it was very cramped, not to mention the walls were dirty. THERE IS NO KITCHEN, only a microwave and tea kettle and one fridge for everyone. There is breakfast, I have an allergy so I did not have it. I won't stay there again

• 16th Apr 2015

Very sorry to read you did not have a good stay with us. The final stages of upgrading the female showers are just begining now. We don't have a kitchen, but don't advertise that we have one. To avoid future disapointment its always best to check a hostels facilities, description and pictures to make sure you know what to expect before you book. Take care!

Very poor

• 15th Apr 2015
  • Morocco

Lockers are a bit small, would be good to have lockers in the rooms too. Toilets were blocked a few times, and they are tiny, my knees hit both walls when I was sitting and had to have an arm on the sink. Showers have NO privacy, not even frosted glass. Two bars in the chill out lounge, neither was ever open. Couches and seats in the lunge need replacing, lots of holes in fabric etc. the lounge always had people in it, but 'twas only for the wifi. Everyone was plugged in and quiet.

Fantastic place! Clean and Nice hostel. Not far from Central London took me 20min get to Oxford street. Helpful staff. Big common area. Breakfast was very good. Its ony 2£ which is cheaper than other hostels I've stayed. :) Will recommend!!!

• 7th Apr 2015

Fantastic review! I hope you felt like a king while staying here. Thanks for the review.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4