Arsenal Tavern Hostel Reviews

175 Blackstock Road, London, England

Showers were ridiculous. They were either scorching hot or no water was coming it at all. They were generally dirty showers. There was a used pad on the wall of one of them. We paid for an ensuite room but the shower didn't even work. Otherwise nothing else to complain.

• 6th Aug 2014

Nice place, very comfortable, two blocks away from Arsenal Stadium

You should prevent your guests about the RAT in the kitchen

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Spain

Our room had no ventilation and was overcrowded with bunks three beds high. As a result, it smelled awful at night. The wireless internet was slow and the attached pub doesn't serve food. In addition, the bathrooms do not get cleaned nearly enough for how many people are using them. It took a while to adapt to those living conditions.

• 31st Jul 2014

You get what you pay for, everything is dirty but it is only ten quid a night, much better options out there if you spend a little more

Very unclean, but cheap enough for London. Good enough for sleeping a night or two, but would not recommend showering there. A bit of a walk from any Tube stations, but checkin and checkout are straightforward, and breakfast (though small) is appreciated.

• 25th Jul 2014

washroom is dirty and the shower was broken. staff is helpful but cant help much of it

Horrible place, probably the best hostel I have ever been at! A madhouse for desperates, run by people who don't even look at you when you talk to them. They didn't even change sheets on the beds to "save time". Never ever!

the worst bathrooms and toilets of London!

• 19th Jul 2014

They gave my sister and I a bed that has already been rent so we had troubles for the first night finding our stuff on the ground... I didn'T feel safe letting my bags in the room with strangers charing it, but there was no option for me to lock my bags somewhere.. After all, our stuff was still there when we came back. Otherwise, the reception was nice.

• 18th Jul 2014

Dirty toilets and bathroom

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

The toilets by the rooms are tiny and you cant get in them unless your really slim but there is toilets downstairs in the bar/ lounge area that are bigger. You're assigned a bed number when you check in but the people in the rooms don't take the bed they were given so your just going to have to guess and hope you don't take a bed that belongs to someone who is going to check in after you. There's triple bunk beds in the room. The beds have clean bedding, There's a good breakfast I the morning.

Very dirty, no lock on bathroom in mixed dorm, unfriendly staff. On the plus side, breakfast is a nice touch.

It was an acceptable place for the price. good value for money. I was glad and it was near the station too. cool. bathroom ensuite for dormitory is good.

• 12th Jul 2014
  • Cameroon

very dirty, very loud, slightly rude staff but very very very cheap. would use for a few hours sleep, but not much else.

• 12th Jul 2014
  • Afghanistan

It's so far away from metro station! It was a mess, there were panties and toilet paper on the corridor, the bathrooms outside the rooms doesn't have any privacy and were always dirty. The shower had two temperatures: burning like hell or freezing like Alaska. Doesn't have wifi in the rooms. I don't recommend it at all!

When I arrived I left my luggage in a so call luggage room which has not been closed with a proper key. After one hour I realized that it was better to check the luggage and found out that the luggage room (also very close to the door that leads to the Tavern Bar) was completely open. Then I took my luggage and kept waiting in from of the front desk for more than ten minutes after somebody came. I left, fortunately, with my luggage. Zero safety is what this give as a luggage roomfacility

Staff were very supportive, room was quiet for sleeping, common area quiet and cool for using wifi, nice walk to subway. I'd recommend it and stay again. Thanks, Paul Tagney

• 3rd Jul 2014

This hostel was very dirty, especially the bathrooms. There was no proper kitchen which made it very difficult to prepare your own meals. I have special dietary requirements so this was the main reason why I decided to leave and stay in a hotel.

• 3rd Jul 2014

The bathrooms and the bedroom are very dirty.

• 30th Jun 2014