Arsenal Tavern Hostel Reviews

175 Blackstock Road, London, England

unhealthy . not a "youth" hostel. staff can hardly speak english. only for long term visitors. insecure . stay at your own risk.!

It was really ok, we didn't stay much in the hostel. but evrything worked out for what we want.

Another lovely stay . thanks

it is a place mostly suited to workers unable to find a place to stay which cost less than their income for that period. So they stay there for months. No tourist in site. Bed has that crematory quality. if you're sensitive, stay somewhere else

• 23rd Nov 2014
  • Greece

Disgusting place, with very rude staff, absolutely unwilling to help. What the potential visitors should know is that this hostel is mostly occupied long-term by people who can't afford to rent a house in London and they think they own the place. I had to argue a few times with some of my neighbors since they would take over the tiny amount of personal space I had. Another day I came back to my bed, only to find some clothes I had left there on the floor!I honestly felt like I was in a pig farm.

1. During my three-night stay two laptops, one iPad, and a whole bag of documents were lost and they did not care. 2. One of the receptionists there are awful. At the time of my checkout, he was just sleepy and did not care and said later. I insisted that I will be late for work and stood just in front of him and he refused to take any action until another receptionist came. So I was late for work and had a challenge with the bus just because of the irresponsibility of the receptionist.

• 17th Nov 2014
  • Iran

Asked for clean bedsheets. Was told they would be cleaned and changed. They weren't. Staff extremely rude and frankly miserable. Shower rooms covered in graffiti. Overall the hostel was a miserable mess.

• 14th Nov 2014

Another lovely stay, The new showers on the top floor are great and very welcome . Thanks

The mattresses definitely needs to be changed. I think it's not good for health

The hostel was pretty dirty and old. The beds were really basic and uncomfortable. Rooms were too small for the amount of people hosted and the doors were doing a damn noise when opening and closing. Finally the breakfast was really basic too, I would have expected some true coffee at least.

For a budget traveller, its ok. But dont expect anything more. There is no atmosphere and the beds are bad quality

• 8th Nov 2014

Showers were atrocious. Staff couldn't speak English. Kept getting woken up by people going in & out of the room slamming the door in the middle of the night.

• 6th Nov 2014
  • Wales

Pretty much, you get what you pay for. My biggest complaint is that I paid for a room with its own bathroom and then the shower and toilet didn't even work! And they didn't come look at it after I asked.

It's not fun to stay there but it's cheep. Everything is dirty except the bed sheets.

Great place to find, great staff. Only issues were, toilets were a tad small on space and not enough loo roll, and the shower area was diabolical. There was 1 shower that looked as if the ceiling had fallen in on it. Other than that you get what you pay for.

• 22nd Oct 2014
  • Wales

A plesent stay. Thanks

This was the dirtiest, smallest and least secure hostel i've ever been to. If I could attach photos I would. I paid 12.50 euro per night for a hostel in Nice France that was 100x better and this was the same cost.

• 16th Oct 2014

Another lovely stay. Thanks

The location isn’t that bad yet still far from central. With bus 4 and 19 you are within 20-40min at Waterloo or Tottenham road or bus 29 to Camden. WC and showers are just old, old clean or not clean... beds are far from great. The rooms are with big windows and high ceiling and you will not be gasping for air as in the SMART hostels 20bed bunkers. The common room is basically unused pub which gives a bit of London touch to it compared to the prison like atmosphere of the Arab owned SMART hos

Thank you another very pleasant stay :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4