Arsenal Tavern Hostel Reviews

175 Blackstock Road, London, England

Horrible place, probably the best hostel I have ever been at! A madhouse for desperates, run by people who don't even look at you when you talk to them. They didn't even change sheets on the beds to "save time". Never ever!

• 21st Jul 2014

the worst bathrooms and toilets of London!

• 19th Jul 2014

They gave my sister and I a bed that has already been rent so we had troubles for the first night finding our stuff on the ground... I didn'T feel safe letting my bags in the room with strangers charing it, but there was no option for me to lock my bags somewhere.. After all, our stuff was still there when we came back. Otherwise, the reception was nice.

• 18th Jul 2014

Dirty toilets and bathroom

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

The toilets by the rooms are tiny and you cant get in them unless your really slim but there is toilets downstairs in the bar/ lounge area that are bigger. You're assigned a bed number when you check in but the people in the rooms don't take the bed they were given so your just going to have to guess and hope you don't take a bed that belongs to someone who is going to check in after you. There's triple bunk beds in the room. The beds have clean bedding, There's a good breakfast I the morning.

Very dirty, no lock on bathroom in mixed dorm, unfriendly staff. On the plus side, breakfast is a nice touch.

It was an acceptable place for the price. good value for money. I was glad and it was near the station too. cool. bathroom ensuite for dormitory is good.

• 12th Jul 2014
  • Cameroon

very dirty, very loud, slightly rude staff but very very very cheap. would use for a few hours sleep, but not much else.

• 12th Jul 2014
  • Afghanistan

It's so far away from metro station! It was a mess, there were panties and toilet paper on the corridor, the bathrooms outside the rooms doesn't have any privacy and were always dirty. The shower had two temperatures: burning like hell or freezing like Alaska. Doesn't have wifi in the rooms. I don't recommend it at all!

When I arrived I left my luggage in a so call luggage room which has not been closed with a proper key. After one hour I realized that it was better to check the luggage and found out that the luggage room (also very close to the door that leads to the Tavern Bar) was completely open. Then I took my luggage and kept waiting in from of the front desk for more than ten minutes after somebody came. I left, fortunately, with my luggage. Zero safety is what this give as a luggage roomfacility

Staff were very supportive, room was quiet for sleeping, common area quiet and cool for using wifi, nice walk to subway. I'd recommend it and stay again. Thanks, Paul Tagney

• 3rd Jul 2014

This hostel was very dirty, especially the bathrooms. There was no proper kitchen which made it very difficult to prepare your own meals. I have special dietary requirements so this was the main reason why I decided to leave and stay in a hotel.

• 3rd Jul 2014

The bathrooms and the bedroom are very dirty.

• 30th Jun 2014

One of the less clean hostels I've stayed in, there was trash everywhere in the rooms and bathrooms and black mold on the walls. The location is decent, only a few blocks from the tube and tons of good food places near by. The atmosphere is nothing special, there wasn't much socializing between guests and the lounge is set up more like a library study hall. I also had some issues with a few sketchy employees there. The male employees kept hitting on myself and other female guests. Inappropriate.

Worst of all is dirty of bathrooms and toilets. rooms are too small for the number of people in the room. in the room also has no air and it stinks. praise the guys at the reception, very friendly and helpful. I do not know his name but understands Croatian because he has friends from Serbia.

Don't want to get in to much details here. The list of problems would be endless. Total rip off. Avoid ! At least its a warm and dry place when it's cold and rainy outside.

This was the most disgusting place I have ever stayed in my life. There were MUSHROOMS growing on the shower and my sheets had blood stains and hair (that was not mine) all over them. None of the showers worked properly and our ensuite shower was broke so we couldn't use that! The curtains didn't block any of the 4am sun coming in and everyone I stayed with got sick from staying here. This place is a health hazard and should be shut down.

• 19th Jun 2014

Decent place - get what you paid for. Use the middle shower though on the third floor! The other two are scalding hot!

Some people are saying "you get what you pay for", but I disagree regarding this hostel. I have stayed in other cheap hostels and they were not nearly as bad as this one with regards to cleanliness. The showers and toilets are extremely dirty. They have rugs by the shower, so it gets wet, smelly and full of mold. Where am I supposed to stand coming out of the shower? The room is somewhat what I expected. I wouldn't recommend the hostel because it's impossible to take a proper shower!

• 7th Jun 2014

The room and the facilities weren't clean at all, and the room was very small.

• 5th Jun 2014