Arsenal Tavern Hostel Reviews

175 Blackstock Road, London, England

Very dirty, no lock on bathroom in mixed dorm, unfriendly staff. On the plus side, breakfast is a nice touch.

It was an acceptable place for the price. good value for money. I was glad and it was near the station too. cool. bathroom ensuite for dormitory is good.

• 12th Jul 2014
  • Cameroon

very dirty, very loud, slightly rude staff but very very very cheap. would use for a few hours sleep, but not much else.

• 12th Jul 2014
  • Afghanistan

It's so far away from metro station! It was a mess, there were panties and toilet paper on the corridor, the bathrooms outside the rooms doesn't have any privacy and were always dirty. The shower had two temperatures: burning like hell or freezing like Alaska. Doesn't have wifi in the rooms. I don't recommend it at all!

Staff were very supportive, room was quiet for sleeping, common area quiet and cool for using wifi, nice walk to subway. I'd recommend it and stay again. Thanks, Paul Tagney

• 3rd Jul 2014

This hostel was very dirty, especially the bathrooms. There was no proper kitchen which made it very difficult to prepare your own meals. I have special dietary requirements so this was the main reason why I decided to leave and stay in a hotel.

• 3rd Jul 2014

The bathrooms and the bedroom are very dirty.

• 30th Jun 2014

One of the less clean hostels I've stayed in, there was trash everywhere in the rooms and bathrooms and black mold on the walls. The location is decent, only a few blocks from the tube and tons of good food places near by. The atmosphere is nothing special, there wasn't much socializing between guests and the lounge is set up more like a library study hall. I also had some issues with a few sketchy employees there. The male employees kept hitting on myself and other female guests. Inappropriate.

Worst of all is dirty of bathrooms and toilets. rooms are too small for the number of people in the room. in the room also has no air and it stinks. praise the guys at the reception, very friendly and helpful. I do not know his name but understands Croatian because he has friends from Serbia.

Don't want to get in to much details here. The list of problems would be endless. Total rip off. Avoid ! At least its a warm and dry place when it's cold and rainy outside.

This was the most disgusting place I have ever stayed in my life. There were MUSHROOMS growing on the shower and my sheets had blood stains and hair (that was not mine) all over them. None of the showers worked properly and our ensuite shower was broke so we couldn't use that! The curtains didn't block any of the 4am sun coming in and everyone I stayed with got sick from staying here. This place is a health hazard and should be shut down.

• 19th Jun 2014

Decent place - get what you paid for. Use the middle shower though on the third floor! The other two are scalding hot!

Some people are saying "you get what you pay for", but I disagree regarding this hostel. I have stayed in other cheap hostels and they were not nearly as bad as this one with regards to cleanliness. The showers and toilets are extremely dirty. They have rugs by the shower, so it gets wet, smelly and full of mold. Where am I supposed to stand coming out of the shower? The room is somewhat what I expected. I wouldn't recommend the hostel because it's impossible to take a proper shower!

• 7th Jun 2014

The room and the facilities weren't clean at all, and the room was very small.

• 5th Jun 2014

Average sums it up. Good value for London. Minus points; small toilet, no shaving mirror.

The 9 bed accommodation with 3 bunks was poor no room for clothing and general items ,damp on walls ,min ventilation .electrical appliances all over the floor ie cables for lab tops showering was dirty as well as the toilet apart from that downstairs was much better.

• 1st Jun 2014
  • Wales

The bathroom and toilets needs regular cleaning and maintainance.

I gave such a bad feedback, cause the hostel is probably one of the most discusting and dirtest things in my life if have ever seen. You cant take a shower without being scared to get a really bad disease. Also the bedrooms are horrible, cause you dont have a real matress, that piece of sh*t that they call matress is not thicker than 4 or 5 cm.. The fact that sucked a lot was that you could not open the windows in a room with 9 sweating adults.. I hope I made clear that even for that price- NO!

• 29th May 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I expected worse after seeing the reviews but it's pretty much 'you get what you pay for'. Spent pretty much zero time in the room. The bar is brilliant, nice location too.

• 23rd May 2014

Everything was good and the staff was so helpfull!!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3