Arsenal Tavern Hostel Reviews

175 Blackstock Road, London, England

l felt good, as at home! no stress problem or other, everytime l've been in here, professional staff, friendly, everything ok!

• 15th Jan 2015

The employees were moderately friendly/helpful. On arrival there was not enough room for our suitcases in storage. There were spiders in my room. The lack of running water on the floor was incredibly inconvenient; anytime one person was showering, there would be no water in any of the other sinks or showers on the floor. The building is old and needs to be updated. I would not recommend this hostel.

• 1st Jan 2015

Very dirty, especially bathroom, bed and water boiler. Location is not good as well. If guest plan to go to center, must take subway for 20 mins.

The ugliest hostel I have ever seen. Very dirty showers and toilets, no cleaning staff, dirty rooms. Some people got sick when I was there. Very thin mattresses (2 cm). Simple breakfast and lockers. At least it is the cheapest hostel in london and there is a pub in front of the hostel. However, I will never stay there again.

Very good. Remember to bring your own tower as there will be additional charge for that.

The shower is unexpected as being need to push a button from time to time to make it run.

The hostel is really cheap and that's why I stayed there, but the beds were unconfortable and the bathroom were dirty.

• 11th Dec 2014

Hostel could be a lot cleaner, maintenance to shower facilities is necessary, during our stay on multiple occasions there was no hot water.

Excellent location and great value.

unhealthy . not a "youth" hostel. staff can hardly speak english. only for long term visitors. insecure . stay at your own risk.!

It was really ok, we didn't stay much in the hostel. but evrything worked out for what we want.

Another lovely stay . thanks

it is a place mostly suited to workers unable to find a place to stay which cost less than their income for that period. So they stay there for months. No tourist in site. Bed has that crematory quality. if you're sensitive, stay somewhere else

• 23rd Nov 2014
  • Greece

Disgusting place, with very rude staff, absolutely unwilling to help. What the potential visitors should know is that this hostel is mostly occupied long-term by people who can't afford to rent a house in London and they think they own the place. I had to argue a few times with some of my neighbors since they would take over the tiny amount of personal space I had. Another day I came back to my bed, only to find some clothes I had left there on the floor!I honestly felt like I was in a pig farm.

1. During my three-night stay two laptops, one iPad, and a whole bag of documents were lost and they did not care. 2. One of the receptionists there are awful. At the time of my checkout, he was just sleepy and did not care and said later. I insisted that I will be late for work and stood just in front of him and he refused to take any action until another receptionist came. So I was late for work and had a challenge with the bus just because of the irresponsibility of the receptionist.

Asked for clean bedsheets. Was told they would be cleaned and changed. They weren't. Staff extremely rude and frankly miserable. Shower rooms covered in graffiti. Overall the hostel was a miserable mess.

• 14th Nov 2014

Another lovely stay, The new showers on the top floor are great and very welcome . Thanks

The mattresses definitely needs to be changed. I think it's not good for health

The hostel was pretty dirty and old. The beds were really basic and uncomfortable. Rooms were too small for the amount of people hosted and the doors were doing a damn noise when opening and closing. Finally the breakfast was really basic too, I would have expected some true coffee at least.

For a budget traveller, its ok. But dont expect anything more. There is no atmosphere and the beds are bad quality

• 8th Nov 2014