Arsenal Tavern Hostel Reviews

175 Blackstock Road, London, England

this is not a hostel this is a jail

• 18th Apr 2015
  • Algeria

Hello and thanks for the review! Can confirm we are not a jail but definitely a youth hostel for backpackers. We hope you found something more suited for yourself. Take care.

dirty and smelly everything broken and said to be fixed 'tomorrow'

So sorry to read that you had a poor experience here. We will continue to work hard to improve the hostel. Thanks for the review.

The showers (as other reviewers have said) were really dirty. The stalls were really small (I'm underweight as it is), not to mention that some stalls not working and for the showers that did work there was no light in the stalls at times. There were 9 people in a room, it was very cramped, not to mention the walls were dirty. THERE IS NO KITCHEN, only a microwave and tea kettle and one fridge for everyone. There is breakfast, I have an allergy so I did not have it. I won't stay there again

• 16th Apr 2015

Very sorry to read you did not have a good stay with us. The final stages of upgrading the female showers are just begining now. We don't have a kitchen, but don't advertise that we have one. To avoid future disapointment its always best to check a hostels facilities, description and pictures to make sure you know what to expect before you book. Take care!

Fantastic place! Clean and Nice hostel. Not far from Central London took me 20min get to Oxford street. Helpful staff. Big common area. Breakfast was very good. Its ony 2£ which is cheaper than other hostels I've stayed. :) Will recommend!!!

• 7th Apr 2015

Fantastic review! I hope you felt like a king while staying here. Thanks for the review.

My stay was absolutely awesome! Breakfast is cheap for only £2 you can have a proper continental breakfast!! Loved the movie night... The hostel was clean and the staff was kind and helpful! I definitly will come back

• 7th Apr 2015

Hey thanks for the great review you handsome devil you! Enjoy the rest of your travels!

A decent hostel, value for money, helpful staff, good location, comfy beds! Would ask for a ticket system for luggage being left, felt like anyone could take it. Other than that, would definitely return!

• 5th Apr 2015

Hey thanks for the great review! We have already purchased tags for guests luggage and are just waiting for them to be delivered. However our luggage room is already very secure as it can also be accessed by staff. Take care and we hope to see you again someday.

Loved it, especially the atmosphere. Staff was really helpfull and nice. New showers were great. Bar was pretty cool too.The only thing i didn't like was the fact that they had no alternative to milk for breakfast - not everyne can digest dairy products. I don't mind drinking tea without soy/almond/oat milk but it'd be nice if I could.

Thanks for the review. We do provide alternative options to milk, sorry you were not made aware of this. Very happy to read that you had a good time here! Thanks again and enjoy your travels.

Hi, well from where to start ? It was the worst Hostel I never stayed in. Very very dirty all over the premises,9 people in a Small room,bed frames staffing 3 persons Horizontally reaching the selling, in that kind of room it should be only 4 people!! All bathrooms and toilets are very very tiny,you suffer to find a way to close the doors behind you. water is cold,showers outside rooms are fixing them forever.BRIEF AVOID,it should not be in Hostel world list!!!??SHAME

We stayed in a female dorm for two nights and it was not bad. The staff were really helpful and friendly. Breakfast was £2 and you could eat as much toast and cereal as you liked. The room contained three triple bunks and was quite small, so it was a bit crowded when everyone was getting ready at the same time. There was a bathroom in the room, but the shower didn't really work, and more showers and toilets outside, which were ok. Overall good value for money for London and easy to get to.

Hello and thanks for the review. It was great having you guys here and we are happy you had a good time. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Most rooms had triple bunk beds which were very basic with pretty much a yoga mat as a mattress. Some of the showers weren't working, however they said they're currently undergoing improvements. However for the price you can't expect a lot. The staff were all very helpful if you had a problem. Also it's only a short walk from Arsenal or Finsbury Park tubes which is really useful. Wouldn't recommend staying longer than a couple of nights due to showers but my experience was ok.

• 2nd Apr 2015

Sorry about the showers, but the works are nearly complete and once ready we will have 18 in total! Happy to read you found our location good. Take care and thanks for the review.

Thanks guys for all the attention and for being so nice to me all the time!

• 1st Apr 2015

I've stay for a night in arsenal travern. The location was closed to arsenal underground, 5 minutes walking. The staffs are nice, and the price is affordable

• 1st Apr 2015
  • Indonesia

Another happy camper! Thanks for the review my friend.

Free breakfast on my first stay. But, this time no more. Anyway, still good value for money in general.

The place was very dirty, shower didn't work, breakfast was free but in the last day they charge 2,00 with no reason

Hi and thanks for the review. Sorry to read that you found the hostel to be very dirty. We will work even harder to improve on this. We have upgraded our breakfast and you should have not been charged for it. I have refunded the £2 back to your credit card. Take care and enjoy the rest of your travels.

Very kind and helpful staff, maintenance work of showers highly appreciated, hostel could be cleaner but bathrooms were all right, furnitures in the bedrooms could be modernised e.g. curtains around each bed, plugs and a little light for everyone would be great. All in all value for money was good, I felt safe and generally enjoyed my stay.

• 28th Mar 2015

Hi and thanks for the very fair review! We accept that the hostel can be cleaner and we have employed extra cleaning staff to help. We have plans to modernise our bunks and we hope you choose us again to see the upgrade when complete! Hope you had a great time in London.

Even thought i felt safe during my stay at the Hostel, It was not very nice. I had payed for a 9 bedroom all girls, and got a 12 bedroom all girls. Breakfast was included in the price, but after a few days, I had to pay 2£.. It was very cheap and all of the staff were friendly. Someone cleaned the showers and bathrooms every day, but the condition of the rooms, beds and shared showers were horrible. Very few of the showers worked, which meant boys had to go shower in the girls bathroom..

• 27th Mar 2015
  • Denmark

Hi and thanks for the review. I suspect we may have had a bit of a joker staying with us during your stay as are showers are definitely not mixed and single sex only. Either that or they may have made a genuine mistake. Our female dorm has always been 12 beds. We have upgraded our breakfast and we now charge only £2 for it. However we only started this last week but had advertised it over two months ago on all websites that it was no longer free. Sorry this was communicated to you better.

Good location, easy to find. The rooms are very airy and have lots of room, comfy beds and solid bunk beds. Not the cleanest but okay. Includes breakfast too :)

Hi and thanks for top review! We are working hard on the cleaning and have employed extra staff to help.

The beds were a little basic and not too comfortable and the room was a little stuffy. Other than that, good value for money, friendly staff and good breakfast.

Hello and thanks for the review. Your comments about our beds have been noted and it is something we will improve on. We are glad you had a good stay overall, take care!

Good hostel. Just needs bath mat in the bathrooms so the floors aren't so wet from the showers. Otherwise good facilities and price

Shower mats have been ordered! Thanks for the tip :) Glad to read an experienced backpacker rate us so highly, it makes all the hard work worthwhile! Enjoy your travels

It has only one shower for males and it smells like sulfur. They are working on extra showers for the summer season though. The common areas close at 3am i.e. you cannot stay till late talking with friends.

• 13th Mar 2015

Hello and thank you for the review. Apologies for the disruption while you were here, we are currently updating our showers which will be all shiny and brand new soon. We close our common area at 3am so the night team can clean the hostel; I hope it didn’t spoil your night. Take care.

« first « Prev 1 2 3