Arsenal Tavern Hostel Reviews

175 Blackstock Road, London, England

The bathrooms and the bedroom are very dirty.

• 30th Jun 2014

One of the less clean hostels I've stayed in, there was trash everywhere in the rooms and bathrooms and black mold on the walls. The location is decent, only a few blocks from the tube and tons of good food places near by. The atmosphere is nothing special, there wasn't much socializing between guests and the lounge is set up more like a library study hall. I also had some issues with a few sketchy employees there. The male employees kept hitting on myself and other female guests. Inappropriate.

Worst of all is dirty of bathrooms and toilets. rooms are too small for the number of people in the room. in the room also has no air and it stinks. praise the guys at the reception, very friendly and helpful. I do not know his name but understands Croatian because he has friends from Serbia.

Don't want to get in to much details here. The list of problems would be endless. Total rip off. Avoid ! At least its a warm and dry place when it's cold and rainy outside.

well i think i got what i paid for, the bathroom is terrible. but the staffs are really helpfull. The owner who is always monitoring the hostel a bit scary thou

This was the most disgusting place I have ever stayed in my life. There were MUSHROOMS growing on the shower and my sheets had blood stains and hair (that was not mine) all over them. None of the showers worked properly and our ensuite shower was broke so we couldn't use that! The curtains didn't block any of the 4am sun coming in and everyone I stayed with got sick from staying here. This place is a health hazard and should be shut down.

• 19th Jun 2014

Decent place - get what you paid for. Use the middle shower though on the third floor! The other two are scalding hot!

Some people are saying "you get what you pay for", but I disagree regarding this hostel. I have stayed in other cheap hostels and they were not nearly as bad as this one with regards to cleanliness. The showers and toilets are extremely dirty. They have rugs by the shower, so it gets wet, smelly and full of mold. Where am I supposed to stand coming out of the shower? The room is somewhat what I expected. I wouldn't recommend the hostel because it's impossible to take a proper shower!

• 7th Jun 2014

The room and the facilities weren't clean at all, and the room was very small.

• 5th Jun 2014

Average sums it up. Good value for London. Minus points; small toilet, no shaving mirror.

The 9 bed accommodation with 3 bunks was poor no room for clothing and general items ,damp on walls ,min ventilation .electrical appliances all over the floor ie cables for lab tops showering was dirty as well as the toilet apart from that downstairs was much better.

• 1st Jun 2014
  • Wales

The bathroom and toilets needs regular cleaning and maintainance.

I gave such a bad feedback, cause the hostel is probably one of the most discusting and dirtest things in my life if have ever seen. You cant take a shower without being scared to get a really bad disease. Also the bedrooms are horrible, cause you dont have a real matress, that piece of sh*t that they call matress is not thicker than 4 or 5 cm.. The fact that sucked a lot was that you could not open the windows in a room with 9 sweating adults.. I hope I made clear that even for that price- NO!

• 29th May 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I expected worse after seeing the reviews but it's pretty much 'you get what you pay for'. Spent pretty much zero time in the room. The bar is brilliant, nice location too.

• 23rd May 2014

Everything was good and the staff was so helpfull!!!

No Kitchen. Very small beds, poor showers and not very clean toilets. Location is also not very good as you have to travel 25 minutes to the hostel. The large area to stay and relax was OK as well as the breakfast!

Thanks a lot!

• 26th Apr 2014
  • Spain

I liked the hostel. It was cheap and they offered a breakfast. But the bathrooms were really bad. They were small and dirty. And the same for the showers.

Not a good atmosphere. Too big, and too dark of an open space in the bar/lobby/hangout room. No personality. And the rooms were crowded and beds uncomfortables.

I only stayed here for one night so can't really comment. Staff were really nice but there wasn't anyone at the reception desk in the morning so I had to wait 20 minutes to check out. Breakfast was included which was a bonus. The only toilet that I saw upstairs was male only so had to go downstairs to the pub toilets. Although I think the female toilet was a couple floors above my room.