Arsenal Tavern Hostel Reviews

175 Blackstock Road, London, England

The hostel is very nice if your in budget going to London! I would recomend this hostel to everyone if you want to spend £140 for 5 days! All the shop near in the hostel is really cheap! Arsenal Tube and Finsbury Park is very access to all tourist attraction in London in 15mins you can be in the place you want to! So, I highly recomend this hostel if you want a really cheap place to stay!

Hey thanks for the great review. We are happy you had a good time and we agree our location is amazing! Enjoy the rest of your travels.

Facilities such as showers and toilets exist, but are rather small and the shower has a rather peculiar mechanism to start(one needs to ask somebody if one does not wish to remain dirty the entire stay). the rooms are also overly crowded; i stayed in the 9 person room which meant that there were 3 sets of 3 overlapping beds in a 12mp enclosed space- in the morning the air was very heavy. on the other hand, the hostel was cheap and the beds quite comfy and there was a breakfast included.

• 10th Feb 2015
  • Romania

Hello and thank you for the review. We have noted your comments about the dorm you stayed in and we will reduce the number of beds in it very soon.

They need new showers ,new bed they need almost evrithing new

Hello and thank you for the review. We are currently updating our showers so please stay again, you'll be presently surprised

Although I enjoyed my time at this hostel I'm presently very annoyed at a bad business decision just implemented by the management. They have forced me to leave the hostel on the basis of a maximum stay term per year for any individual of 14 days. I've been paying on time every Monday, never cause the staff grief, and have been earning them steady profit and they've now lost a loyal and good customer for no reason whatsoever.

Hello and thanks for the review. I appreciate your frustration, but we are a youth hostel for backpackers. I hope you find something more suitable for yourself. Take care.

The rooms are not well maintained and the toilets are in quite a bad condition. And I paid a little extra just so that I could be in an all girl dormitory however there was a guy who was staying in there as well which defeats the purpose of me paying extra in the first place.

• 31st Jan 2015
  • Malaysia

Hello and thank you for the review. We are very sorry about the experience you had and I would like to apologise again as per our telephone conversation today. As advised the hostel is now under new management and we are working very hard to improve the place. Take care and we hope you enjoy the rest of your travels.

It was cold and the kitchen was just a toaster, microway and a broken waterboiler. but the staff was cuit nice and the beds felt clean and thats what matters for me.

Hi and thanks for the review. The hostel is now under new management and we are currently working hard to improve. Thanks for the comments about the team, it’s really appreciated! Take care.

Very environmentally friendly hostel- you will save water by not having a shower because they're awful, but you can clean yourself in the toilet after. Great 1950's styled beds and awesome mattresses that are good for your posture as they are like sleeping on the floor. The old plastic coated mattresses and squeaky beds are a nice touch- they double as a free wakeup call when someone gets into bed. Free jungle gym in every 12 person dorm- no storage so you have to climb over bags to go to bed ;)

Wow, not a happy camper! We have noted all of your criticisms and we are hard at work here to improve the hostel. We admit the place has been let get run down, but the hostel is now under new management and will get better. Come check us out again in the future. I have sent you an email with details of a free stay with us!

I could tell the worst hostel ever. I spent 10 days in 15 bed dorm without working ventilation. Stinky, untidy. Totally stay from this one away. One thing which was good was price. 7-10 pounds per night.

Thank you for the review. Very, very sorry to read about your experience here. The hostel is now under new management and we are all working hard to improve the place. I'm sure you will agree the hostel is like an old vintage car that just needs some work done on it. Come stay with us for free some day in the future to see the improvements. I have sent you an email with a 100% discount. Enjoy your travels!

It was cheap and close to where I wanted to go, but I wouldn't stay there for more than 2 nights. Rooms are small, packed with beds (15 beds on 15 square meters) and windows are blocked, so you can't really breathe inside. Not to mention that the floor is covered with luggage. Everything seemed to be functioning though and staff was helpful, but the overall state of things was low (been in better hostels in Ukraine, if you know what I mean).

• 23rd Jan 2015
  • Slovenia

Hey thanks for the review. Windows shouldn't be blocked so I will look into that. We are also reducing the number of beds in a room. Come back again, I'm sure you'll find us a lot better than Ukraine hostels!

It was okay.

l felt good, as at home! no stress problem or other, everytime l've been in here, professional staff, friendly, everything ok!

• 15th Jan 2015

The employees were moderately friendly/helpful. On arrival there was not enough room for our suitcases in storage. There were spiders in my room. The lack of running water on the floor was incredibly inconvenient; anytime one person was showering, there would be no water in any of the other sinks or showers on the floor. The building is old and needs to be updated. I would not recommend this hostel.

• 1st Jan 2015

Very dirty, especially bathroom, bed and water boiler. Location is not good as well. If guest plan to go to center, must take subway for 20 mins.

The ugliest hostel I have ever seen. Very dirty showers and toilets, no cleaning staff, dirty rooms. Some people got sick when I was there. Very thin mattresses (2 cm). Simple breakfast and lockers. At least it is the cheapest hostel in london and there is a pub in front of the hostel. However, I will never stay there again.

Very good. Remember to bring your own tower as there will be additional charge for that.

The shower is unexpected as being need to push a button from time to time to make it run.

The hostel is really cheap and that's why I stayed there, but the beds were unconfortable and the bathroom were dirty.

• 11th Dec 2014

Hostel could be a lot cleaner, maintenance to shower facilities is necessary, during our stay on multiple occasions there was no hot water.

The room was very messy and the showers dirty, I won't come back but it's okay for 1 night if you don't have choice

Excellent location and great value.