Arsenal Tavern Hostel Reviews

175 Blackstock Road, London, England

one stuff very ugly arrogant unprofessional,

Staff were polite, This is one of the cheapest hostel recommended if you want a value for money. But the room is very tight 15 people for average size room and the Restrooms were too small.

• 3rd Jan 2014
  • Philippines

I love this hostel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I strongly recommend you this place! Stay there and don't think about anything. Only you and London:)

I sometimes stop here when visiting London, and as hostels go it's good value. One or two of the bathrooms could do with redecorating, and I was bit saddened that I mistakenly got the key for somebody else's full locker, as locker security has always been one of the good elements of this hostel. Mistakes happen though, and for the price, it's pretty good value for London.

It was waaaaay to hot in the rooms. I coudn't sleep because of the temperature. There was no water on the second day, so I coudn't shower. Would never go again if the temperature would stay the way it is now.

• 14th Dec 2013

i would not recommend this hostel to anyone. when we reached there, the rooms were in a really bad shape. the bed covers were dirty and the wash-rooms looked freshly used. it was very smelly and dirty. the hostel has no security, some drunkard tried to enter one of the rooms claiming to be from the reception, while the receptionist had no clue about it. overall it is not a good hostel to stay at.

• 30th Nov 2013
  • Anshita
  • India

Good deal, cheap and well located. Kind staff, good atmosphere.

I already knew this place was bad, but I needed a place to stay on a Saturday night and the rest were booked. The rooms are very small and with a lot of beds, I guess it is normal for London to have triple bank beds, but if I compared with other hostels I have been it awful!!! I hope I never have to come back there.

The hostel appeared to be in a pretty bad part of the city and was at least a ten minute walk from the nearest tube station. The room was tiny, the bunk beds were three high, we couldn't shut the window for the life of us, and there was only one stall in the bathroom for everyone. On the flip side, the attendant was really nice and seemed to be able to speak at least three languages, and the common area was huge.

Crammed 3-bunk-bed rooms. Incredibly dirty.

For a girl's first experience in backpacking, it was a little bit shocking, but in the end everything went well. :)

• 30th Oct 2013
  • Mexico

the bathrooms could be a lot better...

Icy water in the room's shower, and no water at all or extremely hot in the common ones... somewhere to sleep and to wash is the first purpose of a hostel, isn't it? I was really disappointed on this point. Moreover, in the room there were 12 lockers for 12 beds but for some reasons there was not one for me, I didn't really fancy to walk to the other part of the building to get my stuff.

• 25th Oct 2013

I was in horror film!!! Firstly is really far from everything. When I arrived there there was someone using my bed and they didn't change the sheets. The toilets are really dirty and they put naphthalene in the urinals! It's so disgusting!!! The bedroom was small and totally messy! There is no kitchen, only a dirty microwave. I was seeking for cheap hostels because I couldn't spend much money though I realised that it doesn't worth. It's better spend more money in a better place! DO NOT GO THERE

Gross, gross, gross. I've been in almost 100 hostels in Europe in the past years and this is definately one of the grossest (if not THE grossest) hostel I've seen. It's simply not clean. Showers are gross and and toilets (accomodating ALOT of people) become very gross very fast. Sink was gross in the room too. Since they fit 12 persons in one very small room, with all the luggage, it becomes very messy. Breakfast is the most boring. Very big common room downstairs is nice.

• 20th Oct 2013