Arsenal Tavern Hostel Reviews

175 Blackstock Road, London, England

I liked the hostel. It was cheap and they offered a breakfast. But the bathrooms were really bad. They were small and dirty. And the same for the showers.

Not a good atmosphere. Too big, and too dark of an open space in the bar/lobby/hangout room. No personality. And the rooms were crowded and beds uncomfortables.

I only stayed here for one night so can't really comment. Staff were really nice but there wasn't anyone at the reception desk in the morning so I had to wait 20 minutes to check out. Breakfast was included which was a bonus. The only toilet that I saw upstairs was male only so had to go downstairs to the pub toilets. Although I think the female toilet was a couple floors above my room.

Bad point: The bath facilities are really lame and the beds are 6/10. Good point: The pub seems to be really traditional in the neighborhood, I watched the match Wigan Athletic vs. Arsenal and the atmosphere was awesome! If you are a Arsenal fan and couldn't buy a ticket to a match this is the place for to watch an Arsenal match.

• 12th Apr 2014

Nice common room, breakfast bare minimum but okay, rooms okay enough, but the cleanliness is a catastrophe, I could barely bring myself to use the bathrooms.

The mattress of the bed I slept on was really uncomfortable. I will suggest regarding to the cleaning that you ask the people who is staying longer to help you to clean at least once every week of every other week, so therooms will seem cleaner and with a little order.

• 8th Apr 2014
  • Mexico

It wasn't such a clean hostel and in the room everything was untidy, but the main area wasn't bad, the location is better than I expected and is good for value, if you just need a hostel to sleep this is not bad

• 8th Apr 2014
  • Spain

BETTER THAN MOST HOSTEL

Really happy with the overall service for the price. Would definately go back.

• 29th Mar 2014

Very nice common room with pool tables and a smoking area. Showers were kinda dirty, but nothing like I had read about for hostels. The location was nice for living there since there were alot of stores and restaurants nearby but for a tourist, very long waltk to the tube station and decently far from anything to see.

really amazing place and great location, deffinately go back

• 27th Mar 2014

The worst hostel I've ever seen. Dirty, smelly, very dirty, showers, toilets, disgusting. Unfriendly staff. Please pay more and choose another hostel.

GOOD HOSTEL

Don't leave keys in the room as probably cleaners steal them for the deposit (it happened to many customers I spoke to) the same for other basic stuff like socks and tobacco. You can't also drink inside. (WHAT?!!) is it a joke?Room I was smelled like s

Good value for money. linen changed every week. Awsome big lobby. Bed could be bigger. Guys in reception are cool :) The big problem is the GUY who cleans the rooms. When you sleep makes it so loud that you wake up, do not pay attention to the customer is rude and loud!!! WTF ???

Beds were not clean, everybody was snoring very loud and I caught aids just by looking at the shower... I even got my both clipper and shaver stolen from my backpack . Really far from all the attractions. I would not go again.

• 15th Mar 2014

The staff were very unhelpful. The atmosphere was not welcoming.

1 2 3 Next » last »