Art Factory Reviews

Piedras 545, San Telmo, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Excellent hostel: friendly staff, lovely decor and clean. Although the breakfast provision is exceptionally good, the kitchen facilities for making your own food are terrible. It would be a perfect hostel if the kitchen was better equipped and a little more spacious.

Very friendly staff, nice terrace, well located!

• 4th Apr 2014

Stayed here for 3 weeks and then returned or 2 nights, it is my home in buenos aires! The staff are amazing, bar is really cool and the breakfast is pretty good too! Perfect location in San Telmo. I would and have recommended this hostel to anyone visiting BA! Estupendo! Gracias!

Great place. Super awesome and attractive staff. Would stay here again for sure

• 30th Mar 2014

Awesome hostel! Covered in some unreal street art by artists from around the world! Really adds character to the place! Right across the street is a fruit and veggie market and a laundry facility - very convienant! The only down fall was some of the staff were not overly friendly or interested in helping us. But I would still stay here again!

• 30th Mar 2014

Art Factory is definitely a hostel I´d recommend. It´s well worth the 90 pesos a dorm costs per night. The staff - especially Adrian - is really nice and helpful. Breakfast is awesome and the location is so good. Close to subway, bus and walking distance to a lot of cool places in BA. Not the average party hostel, but it´s got a cool vibe and some pretty amazing artwork all over the hostel. Would definitely stay here again!

The hostel itself looks really cool but doesn't really feel clean.

We booked for 5 nights and were given the worst room! We might as well have slept in Reception, it was that noisy. We did change rooms on request.

• 12th Mar 2014

Very good hostel, with beautiful street art on the walls. The roof top is amazing. Close to La Boca and the Centro, and many bars. The staff is very usefull especially Diego!

Loved my stay here! First stop of my trip. They guys at the front weren't funny, friendly and helpful! As was everyone who stayed here. A real mix of cultures. Nights were great! fun atmosphere. I'll definitely be back :)

• 18th Feb 2014

A very nice hostel

this place was the grosses place I have ever stayed, the couches are so nasty your arms stick to them ,, wi fi never worked . the roof leaked so garbage cans collecting the water all over . and the cockroaches so big they tried to run off with my bowl of cereal.... this place was nasty.....people really need to no how disgusting this place really is. I told the maid of the roaches and all she did is laugh , never picked up the dead roaches we killed ... never again.

Every hostel should be like this one. Perfectly located in a great neighborhood, helping smiling taff, giant roof terrac where you can meet people in a minute, bar, clean coomon rooms and amazing building. Seriously what else. I ve been there in february i know i ll be back, as i knew id be back four years ago when i discovred it. Keep on this way folks!

We had a double room which was great, but there was no window and also very close to the front door. The front door is quite loud, especially early in the morning. Other than that we were very happy and the outside bar upstairs is fantastic

• 2nd Feb 2014
  • South Africa

The ambiance from the hostel is very good, all travellers are so great. The only think that I have a negative opinion about, is the shower. They don't have place to let your clothes for they don't get wet. That the only bad thing about this hostel. Everybody was so respectful and I heard nothing passed 11h so I can sleep well but take a beer on the terrasse to!

• 29th Jan 2014

BBQ was a bit poor, few salad, few meet, still hungry after dinner... No real lockers in dorms. But beside this quite a fine hostel!

Lovely, helpful staff, great hostel.

• 28th Dec 2013

Nice place, nice people, nice bar, nice painted walls and atmosphere. Some of the staff are tremendously helpful and easygoing, some seem to be too busy for you. We stayed at a room with private bathroom. The room was ok, but the bathroom had a strange smell in it after the first day. Strange means not terrible, just weird. Despite this we had a good time overall. I would not discard staying at it again.

• 27th Dec 2013

A unique hostal with cool paintings in hallways and rooms. Efficient check-in /-out. A range of room options and plenty of interior common areas and roof-bar (open until it's time to go out elsewhere in the evening!). Plenty of bathroom facilities. At least two flights of stairs to get to foyer, then on up to many rooms - travel light!

• 24th Dec 2013

It was my second time to stay there. It is close to the center of the town and safe to walk around at night. The staff is nice and helpful but the internet connection was not great. It might be a lot better if they clean the washroom more often.

View all Buenos Aires Hostels