Art Factory Reviews

Piedras 545, San Telmo, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Really beautiful and comfortable hostel. I loved the rooftop terrace. Good for getting to know people, but not too crowded/noisy. The only thing I didn`t like is that you were not allowed to bring in drinks and the bar was expensive.

• 22nd Nov 2014

Rooms range from with window and air con to without window and hot (but with fan). Cosy atmosphere in general. Kitchen quite small, not well equipped and a bit run-down. Would still recommend the hostel in general due to location and cosyness factor. Breakfast is quite nice.

Art Factory! I wanted to like you. I really did. The breakfast was okay. Wifi was fine. I liked the art everywhere, but the hostel ended up kinda just feeling like a weird labyrinth. After wandering around, I stumbled upon the nice bar room on the second floor that I didn't even know existed (?). Further, the hostel was clean.

nice hostel with very helpfull and friendly staff. but a bit grubby.

This hostel is in a cool old building and the rooftop terrace is really nice. The wifi worked well in every part of the hostel, which is awesome. The only drawbacks were the extremely tiny kitchen and the fact that you can't bring alcohol in because they have a bar. Also, I have to say that the pubcrawl was a quite a rip off. They did not take us to cool bars, but rather to restaurants that were being used to host the pubcrawl and sell us outrageously priced drinks.

Overall one of the best in BsAs. I stayed also in others in San Telmo but next time I¨ll go there again!

Maybe the bathrooms can be best. Los baños pueden mejorar.

• 12th Oct 2014
  • Argentina

We didn't feel comfortable, too noisy, too much people. Not our kind of hostels, it definitively suits lots of people, but not us. We also had the feeling to annoy the front desk people when we were asking for informations (that's probably the main reason why we have a bad impression of our stay). The bar people were nice though. Our room was next to the bar with no windows, not the best room to stay in. Good point and it has to highlighted: the breakfast was really good and generous.

Great hostel good prices bar and excellent chef, highly recommend the asado! The rooms were great and the roof top is a great place to spend a lazy day in the sun.

Everything was good here, just a slight lack of kitchen equipment and no place to eat at if it is raining!

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed. For me, it was perfect because I was on my own and Art Factory has a great bar and terrace, so we have opprtunities to talk with lots of travellers. The pizza in the bar is delicious and the staff is very helpful. The showers and toilets could be more spacious and some rooms could have more ventilation, but in the end the price is fair and real travellers won't bother. I highly recommend it. It was a great stay!

A lively and friendly hostel in San Telmo. The staff are very helpful and the hostel is clean with interesting art work everywhere. A good option if you want a socialable hostel but not a major party hostel.

Dirty, noisy and staff not so friendly, as said. There is certainly better hostels in BA.

The staff here were the best - we stayed here again on our return to BA. Great location and excellent info to explore the city. Rooms were good size and clean etc. The private bathroom wasn't great though - preferred sharing the better one. Breakfast pretty good - they'll even cook you eggs so it's not just bread.

It is located in San Telmo which is perfect as you can get everywhere. We were there at Winter time and the hostel was quite quiet. It wasn't easy getting in touch with others- especially Latin American people preferred spending time with each other. High season starts in September. The hostel itself offers many opportunities (BBQ, free city tour,pub crawl... etc) which are fun. The kitchen isn't well equipped. Breakfast was ok. (juice,bread,jelly,coffee,tea,scrambled eggs,cornflakes)

Amazing staff! Everybody was so nice and so helpful, they all recommended the best and coolest activities.

The good- great breakfast (coffee, tea, hot chocolate, juice) with scrambled egg and you just need to ask the kitchen staff. Nice and quiet but provides activities upstairs like BBQ, tango lessons etc. The only thing I didn't like very much was the staff, I asked them a few questions like the ferry to Uruguay etc and I feel like the staff aren't informative enough because I had a few problems with the website and the area where the hostel is, they don't know much like cost of laundry etc.

The best staffs ! I'm Brazilian and easy to speak portuguese or English with me! Everything was good . Ps: I went with mom and sister , both more olders than me. They really liked!! My room was realy worm ! Fantastic ! Just one thing not too good is the kitchen a little dirt all the time some noises too .

Really cool hostel. Some of the male toilets could do with updating but aside from that would highly recommend.

Great hostel with great set up, but poor atmosphere due to people being spread out in different common areas. Quite cliquey with not much interaction between groups. This might be due to the large size of the hostel and people being so spread out at breakfast too. There were evening activities available but not publicised enough to get people involved. Could be a great hostel as it has all the facilities there and lots of potential.

View all Buenos Aires Hostels