Art Factory Reviews

Piedras 545, San Telmo, Buenos Aires, Argentina

I just stayed one night at this hostel, but i realy liked. One of the best hostels ive ever been

The shared bathrooms are so tiny, it's very uncomfortable !

• 4th Jan 2015

Great staff, especially the bartender). Nice common rooms, good breakfast (with eggs!). Rooftopterrace is very nice, paintings on the walls are amazing. Kitchen is tiny. Room without airco is killing. Bathrooms are not always clean, especially in mornings.

Lively place on good location.

A pretty cool hostel. Nice communal areas. The bathrooms are a little small and can get messy due to their layout. The dorm room was also a little cramped and hot. Very friendly and helpful staff. More than willing to answer any and all questions. Had a really good time here.

Hostel was ok, the sunny rooftop and hammocks were great. Double with ensuit had the tiniest ensuite I've ever seen, it was a toilet with a shower head directly above it, you could basically do both at once if you like. And as the building and doors are old there is zero sound proofing so make sure you pack some ear plugs and stack some pillows over your head.

Really beautiful and comfortable hostel. I loved the rooftop terrace. Good for getting to know people, but not too crowded/noisy. The only thing I didn`t like is that you were not allowed to bring in drinks and the bar was expensive.

• 22nd Nov 2014

Brilliant hostel - though make sure you get a room on the upper floor as they are wonderful, very comfy and clean whereas rooms on the lower floor are a bit dirty and not as nice beds plus nest to the street and noisy. The staff were very ffriendly, the bar is very cheap and the food is good (though you might have to wait a couple of hours for it!). Excelled place though

Rooms range from with window and air con to without window and hot (but with fan). Cosy atmosphere in general. Kitchen quite small, not well equipped and a bit run-down. Would still recommend the hostel in general due to location and cosyness factor. Breakfast is quite nice.

Art Factory! I wanted to like you. I really did. The breakfast was okay. Wifi was fine. I liked the art everywhere, but the hostel ended up kinda just feeling like a weird labyrinth. After wandering around, I stumbled upon the nice bar room on the second floor that I didn't even know existed (?). Further, the hostel was clean.

nice hostel with very helpfull and friendly staff. but a bit grubby.

Cool hostel

This hostel is in a cool old building and the rooftop terrace is really nice. The wifi worked well in every part of the hostel, which is awesome. The only drawbacks were the extremely tiny kitchen and the fact that you can't bring alcohol in because they have a bar. Also, I have to say that the pubcrawl was a quite a rip off. They did not take us to cool bars, but rather to restaurants that were being used to host the pubcrawl and sell us outrageously priced drinks.

Overall one of the best in BsAs. I stayed also in others in San Telmo but next time I¨ll go there again!

Maybe the bathrooms can be best. Los baños pueden mejorar.

• 12th Oct 2014
  • Argentina

We didn't feel comfortable, too noisy, too much people. Not our kind of hostels, it definitively suits lots of people, but not us. We also had the feeling to annoy the front desk people when we were asking for informations (that's probably the main reason why we have a bad impression of our stay). The bar people were nice though. Our room was next to the bar with no windows, not the best room to stay in. Good point and it has to highlighted: the breakfast was really good and generous.

Great hostel good prices bar and excellent chef, highly recommend the asado! The rooms were great and the roof top is a great place to spend a lazy day in the sun.

Everything was good here, just a slight lack of kitchen equipment and no place to eat at if it is raining!

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed. For me, it was perfect because I was on my own and Art Factory has a great bar and terrace, so we have opprtunities to talk with lots of travellers. The pizza in the bar is delicious and the staff is very helpful. The showers and toilets could be more spacious and some rooms could have more ventilation, but in the end the price is fair and real travellers won't bother. I highly recommend it. It was a great stay!

A lively and friendly hostel in San Telmo. The staff are very helpful and the hostel is clean with interesting art work everywhere. A good option if you want a socialable hostel but not a major party hostel.

View all Buenos Aires Hostels