Art Factory Reviews

Piedras 545, San Telmo, Buenos Aires, Argentina

It is located in San Telmo which is perfect as you can get everywhere. We were there at Winter time and the hostel was quite quiet. It wasn't easy getting in touch with others- especially Latin American people preferred spending time with each other. High season starts in September. The hostel itself offers many opportunities (BBQ, free city tour,pub crawl... etc) which are fun. The kitchen isn't well equipped. Breakfast was ok. (juice,bread,jelly,coffee,tea,scrambled eggs,cornflakes)

Amazing staff! Everybody was so nice and so helpful, they all recommended the best and coolest activities.

The good- great breakfast (coffee, tea, hot chocolate, juice) with scrambled egg and you just need to ask the kitchen staff. Nice and quiet but provides activities upstairs like BBQ, tango lessons etc. The only thing I didn't like very much was the staff, I asked them a few questions like the ferry to Uruguay etc and I feel like the staff aren't informative enough because I had a few problems with the website and the area where the hostel is, they don't know much like cost of laundry etc.

The best staffs ! I'm Brazilian and easy to speak portuguese or English with me! Everything was good . Ps: I went with mom and sister , both more olders than me. They really liked!! My room was realy worm ! Fantastic ! Just one thing not too good is the kitchen a little dirt all the time some noises too .

Really cool hostel. Some of the male toilets could do with updating but aside from that would highly recommend.

Great hostel with great set up, but poor atmosphere due to people being spread out in different common areas. Quite cliquey with not much interaction between groups. This might be due to the large size of the hostel and people being so spread out at breakfast too. There were evening activities available but not publicised enough to get people involved. Could be a great hostel as it has all the facilities there and lots of potential.

Eggs for breakfast included! Big thumbs up for that. Great atmosphere and the staff are fantastic. Some of the bathrooms are a little small but nothing to really complain about!

Staff was very friendly, especially the guy who is at the reception in the morning (I didn't ask his name). Breakfast is fine and the whole hostel was very clean. Very comfy and clean beds and hot showers. If your room isnt the one close to the bar, you'll have a good night of sleep, otherwise, get ready for all the noise that comes from the bar. The kitchen is very small considering how big the hostel is. There werent enough pans and plates for everybody to cook. But I'd stay with them again

Good hostel in a good location. Breakfast was pretty good too.

This is a great hostel, good location, nice staff and I met some really cool people there. The only thing that caused me bother was the toilet situation: there is 1 large bathroom on the 1st floor and some other cubicles. Luckily, I never had to use the cubicles, as the big bathroom was always available, but I imagine your stuff would get soaked if you tried to take a shower in them. Also toilets were really cramped, kinda dirty too. No big complaints, I enjoyed the hostel and had a great time!

Awesome hostel, in the wonderful San Telmo neighborhood (imo a much better area to stay than El Centro or Recoleta) Beautiful and spacious old building, nice beds and super friendly staff. They serve eggs with breakfast if you ask. Staff puts on a lot of good events, and there is a great rooftop terrace to chill on. Fantastic atmosphere, would definitely stay again.

we stayed in the double room with the cow painting and it was very damp and smelled alot, the shower was held together by a plastic bag!!!! the room was very big and was fine other then the damp. You had a small heater which helped as its a big old building and gets cold at night. The staff were lovely, the bar was nice and had a good vibe and you could not hear the noise although other guests arriving home was extremely noisy it echo somethinh on every night and you could not hear the noise

• 30th May 2014

I really recommand this hostel. Very nice location, helpful staff, nice terrace, good breakfast. Not very clean and very noisy but it's really easy to make new friends !

The hostel is really nice, the workers were all amazing with us and very kind. The place is close to almost everything and the arts on the wall are all beautiful!

I really liked Art Factory. The staff were helpful and friendly - with special mention to Diego at the front desk. The facilities, rooms and beds were comfortable, and I especially liked the street art and graffiti and art works covering the walls from top to bottom. Recommended.

A very good choice. Quiet street between San Telmo and city. Good rooms, but no day-light in the rooms. Enough toilets and showers, although shower cubicles very small. The best is the friendly and easy going staff and the nice rooftop bar. Also very good breakfast. Beautiful old house with nice paintings.

I've stayed at four different hostels in Buenos Aires, and this one is definitely the best. Really nice outside area and the staff is really friendly.

The room was clean and fun but the kitchen was already very durty, it was the same for the bathroom --> durty but it isn t the false of the personnel but of the client ... The room was cleaning ! Our room was at the first, just the stairs and we couldńt sleep with te other Who did a party ! And i think if You sleep at bar floor You gave to do party . The positif, the décoration was really great and location was good.

As our first hostel on our South American adventure it was a great place to get a feel for Buenos Aires. Helpful staff and a lot of events and hostel gatherings to help get to know the city and other people at the hostel. The art work is amazing!

Everything was perfect. Staff pleasant and extremely helpful

View all Buenos Aires Hostels