Art Hole Hostel Reviews

Soukenicka 34, Prague, Czech Republic

I loved this hostel. The atmosphere was so welcoming. There were a few solo and group travellers and we all hung out in the social area, then headed for dinner together on a recommendation from a staff member. The staff were so lovely and friendly - one girl made us all delicious cheesecake! I stayed in two different rooms because I booked late, but the staff helped store my things and both rooms were cosy and felt totally safe. There's a feeling of relaxedness and homeliness here.

• 19th May 2015

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!! Best hostel I have ever stayed at... And I have stayed at a lot of hostels. Very clean and well equipped, great location, great atmosphere, and most of all; the very best staff you will ever find in a hostel. The only way this place could be any better would be if the beer was free. Stay here!

This would probably have been different had I been on the second floor, because the breakfast and having tea available was nice. But the first floor room is too noisy - its right between the reception/lounge and the kitchen, so its loud when people are up in the lounge at night and then eating in the morning. The second floor showers are also bigger and nicer as well; the first floor ones barely have room to stand. It was a good stay, central location, but stay on the second floor if you can!

• 17th May 2015

Very nice hostel. Pros, great staff, big lockers, was clean. Cons, walls not very sound proof, thin mattress. Overall I would recommend this place.

WONDERFUL staff, real location, much better than right in the center (noisier, full of tourists, clubs and vulgar souvenirs shops), here you will see how actually the locals live, at the same time you arrive to the center by walk in 10-15minutes. Con: If you are a couple, like we were, for a little more money you can find a private room in a hotel.

Loved the calm atmosphere and the short walking distance into the city.

Great value, nice to have breakfast included. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Would Recommend.

I can recommend Art Hole, nice relaxed atmosphere, good as a solo traveler

Nice hostel in the center of Prague! Bathrooms were clean, rooms idem dito! The main attractions are on walking distance from the hostel. The atmosphere in the hostel wasn't really special, but i didn't really come to party. I had a nice stay at the place.

I stayed here for the weekend with a few people I met in Berlin. We loved the Art Hole, especially the incredibly friendly and helpful staff. They gave us recommendations for where to convert money, where to get great coffee, and tours to go on. (If Martin reads this - the Prague Castle Tour you recommended was very good). Our group was also up pretty early each morning, so it was nice to have a person at the desk all the time - they were great to talk to! We had a great time in Prague! Thanks!

• 8th May 2015

I had a great stay here. Good atmosphere for meeting people/ going out. Super friendly, helpful staff. Walking distance to all the main tourist areas, good restaurants and bars. Clean bathrooms, dorms and kitchen. Nice, chilled hangout area. :)

This hostel is great to meet people! It's literally impossible not to considering the common lounge area confines you all together in a small space. The place is small, but super clean. The staff are all really great! The only thing that's somewhat awkward is that the showers are all outside of the room, so you have to pass by everyone in the common area & kitchen afterwards. Also, the 16 bed room can be somewhat noisy if you are a light sleeper since it is directly next to the common area.

• 6th May 2015
  • Austria

We stayed just one night, but even so had a solidly good experience! The facilities and breakfast were all I could have asked for (at least at an 11eur/night place); the staff were very accommodating and did their best to figure out answers to all our transport questions. Although the location didn't seem ideal at first glance, it turned out to be very walkable to all the touristy attractions, the Jewish quarter, and the train station. On a budget I would definitely recommend this place!

Highly recommended. Free breakfast was much appreciated. Be aware you might be staying on the third floor, could be tough with heavy suitcases. Lots of rooms to hang out and chat.

A really nice stay overall. Super comfy beds and free towels and breakfast. Really social atmosphere for those looking to meet other people. A little bit of a walk to the main square in Prague, but the whole city is really small and walkable so that's not a big concern.

Nice hostel! Near the old part of town, shops, bars ans restaurants. The hostel Is clean, great common areas, 2 kitchens (1 on each floor), the layout is a little weird (some rooms next to the kitchen or reception), it was fairly quiet though. I would stay there again.

The info about how to get from the airport to the hostel is out-to-date.

Beds are comfortable. Las camas son comodas.

A nice and cozy hostel. This is somewhere you go to discover the city of prague and meet the travelers at the hostel. It is not big, yet it is the best place if you just want to chill and lay back. The staff is always there to help, and lots of flyers to know what goes on around prague.

We had an amazing time at Art Hole! We participated in the delicious 2 euro vegetarian dinner which was wonderful, and breakfast was great too. The staff was always helpful and friendly and the lounge was a great place to hang out and meet people. Showers and bathrooms always seemed very clean. We had a great stay!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6