Art Hole Hostel Reviews

Soukenicka 34, Prague, Czech Republic

Thank you so much for making me feel at home during my first time abroad. I felt welcomed from the moment I was greeted and the excellent experience continued throughout my entire stay.

• 24th May 2015

I really enjoyed my stay at Art Hole Hostel. The atmosphere is kind, friendly and relaxed. It is perfect for travellers who like to meet and talk to others in a non-party hostel environment. The staff were wonderful and extremely helpful. I would highly recommend this really great hostel.

The hostel was really clean and in a good location. Especially the male staffs were very friendly and helpful. We were a group of four and booked a quad room just for us and locked our room every time we left it. But still someone stole some clothes from us girls (the door was also always locked when we came back to our room) and the staff and owner of the hostel showed no real interest in finding out how this could possibly happen. That was really a crappy ending of a nice Praque visit.

• 22nd May 2015

Excellent staff and complimentary breakfast. Showers are few though and small and cramped but still overall clean.

As before, always a pleasant stay, incredibly helpful staff that this time helped me with some train tickets I forgot. A bit crowded when fully booked, but that is only to be expected.

Great people; good breakfast; wonderful staff!

This is a cute hostel and everything is totally up to par and good for the price!

I loved this hostel. The atmosphere was so welcoming. There were a few solo and group travellers and we all hung out in the social area, then headed for dinner together on a recommendation from a staff member. The staff were so lovely and friendly - one girl made us all delicious cheesecake! I stayed in two different rooms because I booked late, but the staff helped store my things and both rooms were cosy and felt totally safe. There's a feeling of relaxedness and homeliness here.

• 19th May 2015

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!! Best hostel I have ever stayed at... And I have stayed at a lot of hostels. Very clean and well equipped, great location, great atmosphere, and most of all; the very best staff you will ever find in a hostel. The only way this place could be any better would be if the beer was free. Stay here!

Had an awesome time here. We were greeted promptly and politely by Luke the owner, who made sure we had everything we needed before giving us some fun options for things to do around Prague. Atmosphere was awesome and everyone staying there was very open and friendly. Also, good 1 euro beers at the front desk.

• 18th May 2015

This would probably have been different had I been on the second floor, because the breakfast and having tea available was nice. But the first floor room is too noisy - its right between the reception/lounge and the kitchen, so its loud when people are up in the lounge at night and then eating in the morning. The second floor showers are also bigger and nicer as well; the first floor ones barely have room to stand. It was a good stay, central location, but stay on the second floor if you can!

• 17th May 2015

Very nice hostel. Pros, great staff, big lockers, was clean. Cons, walls not very sound proof, thin mattress. Overall I would recommend this place.

WONDERFUL staff, real location, much better than right in the center (noisier, full of tourists, clubs and vulgar souvenirs shops), here you will see how actually the locals live, at the same time you arrive to the center by walk in 10-15minutes. Con: If you are a couple, like we were, for a little more money you can find a private room in a hotel.

Loved the calm atmosphere and the short walking distance into the city.

Great value, nice to have breakfast included. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Would Recommend.

I can recommend Art Hole, nice relaxed atmosphere, good as a solo traveler

Nice hostel in the center of Prague! Bathrooms were clean, rooms idem dito! The main attractions are on walking distance from the hostel. The atmosphere in the hostel wasn't really special, but i didn't really come to party. I had a nice stay at the place.

I stayed here for the weekend with a few people I met in Berlin. We loved the Art Hole, especially the incredibly friendly and helpful staff. They gave us recommendations for where to convert money, where to get great coffee, and tours to go on. (If Martin reads this - the Prague Castle Tour you recommended was very good). Our group was also up pretty early each morning, so it was nice to have a person at the desk all the time - they were great to talk to! We had a great time in Prague! Thanks!

I had a great stay here. Good atmosphere for meeting people/ going out. Super friendly, helpful staff. Walking distance to all the main tourist areas, good restaurants and bars. Clean bathrooms, dorms and kitchen. Nice, chilled hangout area. :)

This hostel is great to meet people! It's literally impossible not to considering the common lounge area confines you all together in a small space. The place is small, but super clean. The staff are all really great! The only thing that's somewhat awkward is that the showers are all outside of the room, so you have to pass by everyone in the common area & kitchen afterwards. Also, the 16 bed room can be somewhat noisy if you are a light sleeper since it is directly next to the common area.

• 6th May 2015