Art Hostel Rio Reviews

Rua Silveira Martins,135, Catete, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Great location - very close to busses and metro to get to all the sights/beaches and right by Lapa and Santa Teresa. Hostel is a bit dilapidated (e.g. broken window on the bathroom door in the dorm). The breakfast is excellent compared to other hostels and the breakfast staff were lovely.

We found that the man working at reception named Bruno was really lovely and helpful, he was able to book a your for us last minute and settle a billing dispute. Bruno was so helpful that in one day of working all day he lost his voice in an attempt to please everyone. Aside from that the hostel was pretty good, the location is a bit out of the way but there are lots of buses to catch.

Pictures of the roof top patio were a bit misleading.

• 25th Jun 2014

Facilites are pretty old , there is a big lack of luxury .....

I booked this hostel back in december 2013 for the world cup in june 2014. For a triple private room the cost was $400 US a night and when we arrived the cost was only $200 the staff said since i booked through hostel world there was nothing to been done. I was a little disappointed as you can imagine, also are room was more of a double room with a make shift cot bed, and a bathroom door which would not close. after 2 nights we where able to move suitable room. not a very good experience.

Miserable breakfast, no air condicioning, no privacy and full of bugs and mosquitos. My husband left the hostel full of bites and red dots becoming really ichy and bloody. I dont recomend my worst enemy. Reception really polite and helpful though but the rest is awful.

Dorms and beds pretty pathetic. Toilet and shower facilities were unsanitary. Breakfast was awful. Reception staff helpful enough. Location was ok - central. Building overall was dilapidated. Wifi was ok in common areas. I wouldn't stay there again though. Get some new bunks and some AC for god sake.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels