Art Hostel Rio Reviews

Rua Silveira Martins,135, Catete, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Great location - very close to busses and metro to get to all the sights/beaches and right by Lapa and Santa Teresa. Hostel is a bit dilapidated (e.g. broken window on the bathroom door in the dorm). The breakfast is excellent compared to other hostels and the breakfast staff were lovely.

We found that the man working at reception named Bruno was really lovely and helpful, he was able to book a your for us last minute and settle a billing dispute. Bruno was so helpful that in one day of working all day he lost his voice in an attempt to please everyone. Aside from that the hostel was pretty good, the location is a bit out of the way but there are lots of buses to catch.

Pictures of the roof top patio were a bit misleading.

• 25th Jun 2014

Facilites are pretty old , there is a big lack of luxury .....

I booked this hostel back in december 2013 for the world cup in june 2014. For a triple private room the cost was $400 US a night and when we arrived the cost was only $200 the staff said since i booked through hostel world there was nothing to been done. I was a little disappointed as you can imagine, also are room was more of a double room with a make shift cot bed, and a bathroom door which would not close. after 2 nights we where able to move suitable room. not a very good experience.

Miserable breakfast, no air condicioning, no privacy and full of bugs and mosquitos. My husband left the hostel full of bites and red dots becoming really ichy and bloody. I dont recomend my worst enemy. Reception really polite and helpful though but the rest is awful.

Dorms and beds pretty pathetic. Toilet and shower facilities were unsanitary. Breakfast was awful. Reception staff helpful enough. Location was ok - central. Building overall was dilapidated. Wifi was ok in common areas. I wouldn't stay there again though. Get some new bunks and some AC for god sake.

Sergio is the best host that we can meet in a hostel : ) Gentile and kind!

Really close to the metro station. Nearly no dishes in the kitchen. Nice roof terrace. Breakfast could be better (especially juices) but is ok.

• 3rd Sep 2013

Sergio was fantastic... What I felt needed to be looked at again was prices in relation to other places. The rooms were ok. We still in a lot of different hostels in Rio and really it was a little over priced!

My stay at Art Hostel was amazing! It felt like my 2nd home. Especially the staff are awesome! Luciana, Romulo and Joao made me feel at home from the beginning! Miss u guys! Loved the stay and for sure I am coming back!

• 2nd Jun 2013

The staff was excellent even while corresponding with us before arrival. Everybody helped a lot and knew answers for all our questions about Rio. Good breakfast on terassa -fruits,cakes,bread,cereals really nice start of the day. Located near Metro,restaraunts, Shops justfew minutes from hostel. Thanks A Lot!

• 9th Apr 2013
  • Russia

The room was like a hotbox and the staff were pretty rubbish. A sign on the back of the bedroom door said lockers were provided at reception. We asked the staff and they didn't know what we were talking about. Later we asked some general info about getting to the bus terminal, they didn't know this either, even though later we found the info in their common room. We also found staff passed out in the common areas in the morning. Pretty grim. Breakfast was the only upside.

After HostelWorld booking and payment, they requested me my credit card number by e-mail. I didn't send it, but I really think this is so stupid and insafe. I had paid to Hostelworld and I can give my credit card to anyone. Ok, I kept my booking and, once at the hostel, I saw a extremely unclean and messy place.

Dear Mister Deivison, we are deeply sorry that your stay by us has been so unpleasant... In order to explain, we just ask the security number in case of no show. If the person doesn t appear, we make a payment of 90% of the first night ONLY (by the way, this is a Hostelworld rule...). About the cleaninless of the place, I am surprised... Of course, the place would need some works and renovation but our clean ladies do their job. But fell free to think and express yourself. Any constructive opinion will help us to improve. Thank you

Bad internet connection, it works just around the reception.

All in all I liked the hostel although they were not very organized. They didn't know how much I should pay and only made me pay half and then asked me for more, than said it was ok and so on, everyday until I left when they said it was okey and then a few days later again said that I had to pay. It was very confusing for me and also tiring that they didn't have their payments organised. Also they force you to send your securitynumber on your creditcard to confirm the booking which I dont like!

• 9th Oct 2012
  • Sweden

Once again, we are deeply sorry about the problems we had. This was actually the first time we had such a problem at the reception. Next time, we will offer you a good voucher! Best regards

Staff were extremely helpful and friendly. When we arrived there had been some confusion with our reservation, Francisco was so apologetic and manager Andreaz personally met with us and had organized an alternative. We felt valued and would definately stay again!

It has been our pleasure dear Declan! Thanks for everything and sorry again for the problems! Best wishes from Rio de Janeiro!

I think this Hostel has great potential but is not there yet. Some of the staff make up for where it lacks. I think there a few things that would great improve the hostel and the overall value as well. One is the cleanliness in the shared rooms. There must be more room made for people to put there belongings somewhere so it does not black the doors or walking in the room in general. One thing that really concerned me was how dark it was walking in the hallway, I was scared of falling.

• 17th Aug 2012

Bom Hostel ! Staff competent et sympatique . Je recommande fortement !

• 9th Aug 2012

Merci Frederic! Cela a été un plaisir de vous accueillir ici! A une prochaine!

Very good located specially for those who are applying for the USA visa. I took just one bus to go to the CASV and it is just two metro stations away from the EUA consulate. Very helpful and frinedly staff as well.

• 25th Jul 2012

Obrigado Eduardo! Foi um prazo em receber-lo aqui! Fique com Deus e até a proxima!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7