Art-Hostel Riverside Reviews

Ante Hadzimitkov 5, Skopje, Macedonia

When I go there, I realized 5 years ago I came to same hostel. It's realy cosy, nice place. The location is great. Stuff is excellent. If I go back to Skopje, I'll definatelly go back to this hostel.

Very helpful staff and a nice location

It's a very simple and no frills hostel conveniently close to the central station. As much as in Skopje as a whole, don't expect any luxuries bar the niceness and hospitality of the people here. The area around it might look quite dodgy but actually you don't need to worry. The reason why I took this hostel is that I arrived in the middle of the night (2am) and they were still open. It's great considering how little you pay.

Excellent location, although a little bit difficult to find with the instructions! Very friendly when they helped on the phone

• 11th Aug 2015

Very friendly hostess who always greets you with a smile. She also helped us planning our next trip. Hostel has a very home feeling.

• 5th Aug 2015

Very kind staff and nice atmosphere. They will be pleased to give you advices on what to see and do in skopje and neighbourhood, don't miss the occasion to ask them tips!

So lovely people. I had a terrible cold, and both of them gave me tea, medicine, fruit juices, and just genuinely concerned about my well being. I stayed one night, but it made all the difference the care they had for me. And the doughnut in the morning was the best. So nice and so comfortable. Nice people, and great atmosphere, and I wish them all the luck with their plans to expand also a little bar!

+ Lovely staff, friendly, helpful, super nice, easy going. + breakfast was awesome, fresh burek with a good recommendation dipping with yoghurt. + calm, chill-out hostel, respectful with all travellers and their needs due to the hot weather an AC could be helpful at some point

Great place and even better hosts :) will definitely recommend this place :)

Great hostel! Friendly & helpful staff who made us coffee. Great place to chill when it's hot out.

• 11th Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Spent two nights here (with a break in between) and they managed to accommodate us last minute. Our first was the private room which was clean, comfy and cool but could have done with a lock on the door. Our second stay was in the dorm room which unbearably hot and the beds were a bit precarious. The couple who owned it were very lovely and chatty and the breakfast was pretty good too. Overall, excellent value for money and nice atmosphere.

Very very good. Nice friendly staff. And i met some interesting tourists.

A little oasis in the middle of the friendliest cheapest craziest balkan city.

Got a little bit lost trying to find the place, but it is actually really easy and just a few minutes from the bus/train station. Very helpful and friendly staff/owners and great value for money. Would recommend.

Amazing family hosts, great arty vibes around and very convenient location.

The lady working was really nice and it felt more like a home then hostel. There were kids that lived there, they were super cute, but it was kinda weird. The outside looked sketchy, but it was safe. No locks on any doors outside or inside and only one bathroom that I saw. Nice place but kinda odd.

Facilities were pretty small and run down when we were there but the owners were helpful and nice. Good location to the centre but needs work to be a comfortable hostel.

Was a very short stay but I really enjoyed it. The lady at front desk was super nice and it really felt very homey.

Fantascic staff. Nice and freindly. Very convenient location. Next time in Skopje for sure in Art Hostel

The proprietors of the hostel were absolutely lovely! The manager even hung up our laundry for us so that we could go sightsee instead of waiting! (And printed our bus tickets for us, too.) This isn't what I would call a normal hostel - it feels more as though you are staying in someone's home, and the hostel is laid out accordingly. Breakfast was pretty much just tea and toast/a pastry (sometimes more), but there was a very large supermarket nearby and there is a small kitchen available.

• 25th Mar 2015