Art-Hostel Riverside Reviews

Ante Hadzimitkov 5, Skopje, Macedonia

I really, really recommend staying here! This hostel is very friendly, right in the city centre (not far from the bus/train station) and it feels just like home!

Owner wasn't the most gracious... We felt a little unwelcome. Facilities are fine. Private room was small without storage. Barely fit 2 beds.

The place is beautiful, the staff is great and very helpful, and prices are very cheap. I can recommand this place for young travellers, families... Thanks for all !

Pleasant hostel - cheap and near to the centre. Perfect for one night in November.

this hostel was great to recover, relax and prepare for my next adventure. due to the off Saison i was kind of the only guest but I didn't feel alone, because the owner really cared about me and here children were also staying in the hostel. It felt like home. thank you! I will definitely come back! PS. breakfast was a delicious pastry and the hostel is located between bus station and center.

• 20th Oct 2015

good location, just 5min to the busstation, 3min to shoppingcenter, close to sightseeingthings. really lovely staff, really helpfull and friendly. hostel is not that clean, but I liked this place. would recomment it.

Breakfast just only coffee and bread. nothing.

This beautiful Family run hostel gave us such lovely welcome, it was there sons birthday and they invited us to join for some tasty cake. This is a hidden gem. The showers contain a small air draft but that's nothing to complain about. The people I met here were very inspiring traveller's, artist, poets and writings from everywhere. If I come back to lovely skopje ill stay here for sure. All my love.

• 2nd Oct 2015

Perhaps some improvement on breakfast?

Hostel is in a great location, close to transport and sights. The owner of the hostel is fantastic and made sure we had a good stay.

A budget hostel in Skopje. For money is awesome. Staff supersuper friendly. No lockers in the rooms. Some areas could use more cleaning, but nothing so bad. Next time when I'm going to Skopje I'm staying there.

Staff was nice and helpful and hostel is in a pretty good location, but all the facilities appeared rundown and dirty. Also the room lacked power outlets and the bed/mattress were in a terrible condition.. All in all can`t recommend this hostel.

At first, we were a bit scared of the neighbourhood, but turns out that most of Skopje is that way. Ivana is so awesome, she helped us with our trip to Montenegro and gave us some good recommendations in Skopje. She spent a considerable about of time calling bus companies for us - cause BalkanViator is unreliable. The common area is homely and chilled out and the pastries in the morning where delicious

The hostel is somewhat difficult to find upon arrival from the bus station. And the absence of AC and fans was noticeable in August. But the staff is helpful and friendly, and the hostel is very close to skopje's main sights.

We even stayed for an additional night. Staff was super friendly, helpful, made us tea and breakfast. The centre is easy to reach and the owner gave us directions and recommendations.

When I go there, I realized 5 years ago I came to same hostel. It's realy cosy, nice place. The location is great. Stuff is excellent. If I go back to Skopje, I'll definatelly go back to this hostel.

Very helpful staff and a nice location