Art Hostel Taurus Reviews

Zamocka 24-26, Bratislava, Slovakia

Great location. There was a mix up with my booking but staff were very helpful in sorting it out

We only stayed there for a night, but it was very satisfying. The beds were good, the lockers worked just fine and our rooms were cool and spacious. The breakfast is good as well. They let us leave our bags there for the day after check out, although they didn't have proper lugagge storage.

We stayed just one night in Bratislava in July. Nice hostel, close to the city center, good atmosphere, kind staff and very clean! Recommend it!

Good location: easy walking distance to the castle and to the old street. The dorms (both 4 and 6) are great except the lack of proper curtains?! Not the biggest party hostel in the world, was pretty chill when I was there and that's probably due to the fact there's no massive communal hostel. Great value for money.

This hostel had the best staff I've ever encountered while travelling. I was sick when I arrived in Bratislava. I needed to find a doctor, however I speak no Slovakian. The lady who was working reception went above and beyond to help me out - she wrote me notes in Slovakian, made phone calls to doctors offices, found me clinics to visit, and even took phone calls from the doctor I ended up seeing so she could explain my situation an act as a translator. Absolutely phenomenal. Highly recommended.

Good location, clean, gentle staff! Very calm! Worth the price!

Really nice hostel, but complete lack of atmosphere (which is the most important aspect for me). Maybe we were just unlucky with the other people that stayed there, but it just felt very awkward and uncomfortable.

Great, central hostel with very helpful staff. It seemed quiet when we were there which was perfect for us to sleep and relax. Breakfast is until a reasonable hour and the showers and wifi work well. Excellent value.

Totally loved this hostel. Incredibly helpful staff. Incredible location and beautiful sites to see

probably the best location you could get, right next to the castle and near the old town area. very very friendly and helpful staff, comfy beds. cheap beer for sale too and about 200m to a brewery.

Very friendly stuff members and the hostel is good locaterd in next to the castle.

• 10th Jun 2014

Best hostel I've stayed in!

This was a pretty nice hostel with artistic interior but firmly lead, which was good for me, because it made the place quiet and organised. However the behaviour of the middle-aged lady in the staff remembered me too much of the Nurse Mildred Ratched of the movie One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

The location is very close to the castle and since Bratislava is a small city the old town is also close-by. The hostel is clean and has nice decorations and a chill-out area. The staff was friendly and helpful on check-in, but otherwise seemed quite uninterested in providing extra information on what to do or visit. Events and the weather forecast are written down on a blackboard. Breakfast between 8 and 10 was good but basic.

Great hostel!!

Great breakfast, cool looking hostel, very modern. Location is allright, cole to the Castle, but not incredible. Anyway Bratislava is a small town so it doesn't really matter. I would go back since it was pretty cheap and was a really good quiet place.

Could be the timing (Monday), but the atmosphere was pretty low. Was reading in the 'living room' around midnight and they just turned down the lights. On the other hand : clean, decent, safe and cheap.

This hostel is very small like Bratislava but this is not a bad thing. It's very quite, clean and the staff is so gentle and try to be helpfull as much as possible. Just 5 minutes from the castle, the symbol of the city, this is hostel is probably the best solution for a traveller in this city!!

Fine hostel but BE WARNED SINCE THEY DON'T SAY THIS ON THE SITE: if you're not a student or a retiree you'll be charged an extra fee that came out to us to EUR 1.50 per person per day. I know this isn't a huge sum of money but it was annoying nothing was said about this. Also, the hostel is on a hill so be prepared for a nice little walk if you don't take a cab.

Hostel is near the historic city centre, market and tram station. The room and the bathroom were clean. The staff was very helpful. Breakfast was ok, nothing special, but good. Parking is 10€/day.