Art Hostel Taurus Reviews

Zamocka 24-26, Bratislava, Slovakia

This hostel was as clean as a hotel and in a great location. It had huge lockers and felt really secure!

Good all round hostel. Nothing to complain about and im a complainer.

It is a very good hostel. It is clean and has a very good location. There are no bunk beds and the lockers are nice. I had a very nice stay there.

Nice hostel, good facilities. I was only here one night but there wasn't really a very communal feel to the place so as a solo traveller i didn't really get to meet many people. Location is perfect, right between castle and city centre.

One of the best hostels I've stayed. Friendly and helpful staff, clean and quiet room, cosy common area. 5 stars!

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Estonia

This hostel had an excellent location and friendly staff. Our room had a really nice, clean private bathroom and comfortable beds. The common room was large and nice to hang out in. My only complaints were that the rooms had no windows, it could be a bit loud at night when people made noise in the common room and the breakfast was not very good (but hey, it was free!). I would stay again if I returned to Bratislava.

Nice hostel, close to the castle. lots of space in the room and single beds. Large lockers and was clean. Small common area which was pretty quite when i was there.

Great hostel, great rooms and fabulous staff

I have no idea how this compares to other Bratislava hostels. But: Stay here if you like an iron-clad check in time and tersely worded paper signs. There is technically a common area but it is next to the front desk where a stoic receptionist watches loud Slovakian soap operas. The kitchen has no oven, no range, and hardest to fathom, no sink! The free breakfast is something, the beds are fine, the lockers are big enough for packs, but if I were coming to Bratislava again I would stay elsewhere.

Location seems a bit high up at first but easy to reach. With its helpful and smiley staff, satisfying breakfast, spacious rooms, cosy beds and chilly atmosphere, Art Hostel Taurus will be my first choice for the next round in Bratislava. Definitely a more pleasant stay than expected. Highly recommended.

The hostel was very clean and had good facilities. We travelled as a 2 and had booked to stay in the same dorm with 2 other people. When we arrived we were placed in 2 separate rooms which wasn't ideal but we were moved into the same dorm for the second night of our stay. Excellent location- only 5-10 minutes to the city centre.

All good but the shower rooms has insufficent lighting and low privacy.

Stayed here 1 night and had a good experience. Hostel is ideally located for sightseeing (close to castle and old town). Rooms were lovely; they were spacious, clean, big lockers and best of all no bunk beds. Common area was spacious but not too many guests were there socialising. WiFi and the breakfast were both good. Staff were a little abrupt but I think that was just their manner. Would stay here again!

I thought this was an excellent hostel, particularly considering so cheap. Very nice reception staff, good beds, lockers in rooms. Sometimes the wifi signal was weak in the rooms, but other than that perfect.

The place had no charisma, but it has a good location, was perfectly clean and offered breakfast. The dorm was very spacious and had no bunk beds which was good, but the lockers sounded a lot when taking out or putting things in.

Great location. There was a mix up with my booking but staff were very helpful in sorting it out

We only stayed there for a night, but it was very satisfying. The beds were good, the lockers worked just fine and our rooms were cool and spacious. The breakfast is good as well. They let us leave our bags there for the day after check out, although they didn't have proper lugagge storage.

We stayed just one night in Bratislava in July. Nice hostel, close to the city center, good atmosphere, kind staff and very clean! Recommend it!

Good location: easy walking distance to the castle and to the old street. The dorms (both 4 and 6) are great except the lack of proper curtains?! Not the biggest party hostel in the world, was pretty chill when I was there and that's probably due to the fact there's no massive communal hostel. Great value for money.

This hostel had the best staff I've ever encountered while travelling. I was sick when I arrived in Bratislava. I needed to find a doctor, however I speak no Slovakian. The lady who was working reception went above and beyond to help me out - she wrote me notes in Slovakian, made phone calls to doctors offices, found me clinics to visit, and even took phone calls from the doctor I ended up seeing so she could explain my situation an act as a translator. Absolutely phenomenal. Highly recommended.