Art Hostel-Usually We Spend Our Time In The Garden Reviews

21/A Angel Kanchev Street, Sofia, Bulgaria

Hostel is OK, stayed just one night, beds arent that great but the garden and the bar in the basement are awesome!

It's an interesting place since the bar is also a local hang out - I had fun meeting Bulgarians. Great place to stay if you are backpacking - especially alone.

We were 4 friends staying here for 3 nights, the art hostel staff were friendly, helpful and welcoming, the garden is beautiful and has the best atmosphere, the bar is also wonderful and the art decor is brilliant. The place has a lot of character and there are lovely people to be met. Pub crawls come through the hostel garden/bar often so there is chance to meet even more people who aren't staying in the hostel. We had a great time here and met some great people!! Definitely recommend.

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Scotland

Their private rooms are beautiful and immaculate. Staff is so friendly and helpful. Unfortunately I found some bugs on my pillows in the dorm rooms, told staff and they took care of the situation right away. Really good people and stay all around, very central location. Definitely want to stay in their private rooms again, they were perfect!

Great Place, loved it.

This hostel is pretty good but I really wanted to like it more. Staff is good. Garden is nice. Good bar downstairs. Met lots of cool people. Was a bit disappointed with the 3 high beds and the showers never having hot water.

Great place for fun. Friendly staff and excellent location. Live music in the bar downstairs and a nice yard to hang out with folks from around the world. It's a perfect place for lively and fun holidays. But if you want a quiet night, avoid weekend when the music and buzz in the bar and in the yard continues 48 hours.

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • Japan

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Art Hostel, Martin couldn't have been more helpful. The most enjoyable times for us were the morning breakfasts where we met people and had great discussions, Sometimes lasting until midday. Met some stimulating and interesting people. The staff were always on hand giving information. or finding it. Lovely location and a great place to be, would recomend it to all our relatives and friends. Thank you..

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • All Female Group, 41+

Cool hostel!! I really great vibe. Wish we went in the high season because it has real potential. The staff were extremely friendly and knowledgeable. Took a while for them to bring breakfast a couple of times. I think the staff party pretty hard too. Great place. Would recommend!!

They stuffed up my booking which isnt a good start but they sorted me out with a lovely old lady (with a room that is). From what i saw the hostel was OK, nice garden out back. Saw a very cool band in the bar. Just note that the whole "locals in the bar" thing manifested itself with mostly local couples chatting amongst themselves although Im sure they're all splendid folk as I found all Bulgarians to be. Except those curmudgeons selling train tickets.

Good vibe, bar, garden, staff promptly handled all my requests. Would recommend. Plus: locals come here a lot.

The toilet floor got wet quickly and I was bitten in the night by something, but overall it was good to stay here

Staff were genuinely helpful and tried their best to make you feel comfortable. Great place to stay for music lovers and good to meet others as bar is open to public - music in bar at night - if you want to sleep early, bring earplugs/drink or choose a double rm as music can be loud til ~2am (bar is below a mixed dorm) which is fine if you don't have plans to go out early the next day but it's very annoying if you want to get up and explore. Comfy beds.

I had the best time there!

• 19th Feb 2014
  • Belgium

The Art Hostel totally lived up to its name, I had an amazing stay here. The staff is really nice and helped me with all my questions, the place looks absolutely amazing, though don't go shower in the mornings if you prefer some hot water, but that's the only negative thing that can be said. Also check out the bar in the hostel, you'll love it! ;)

Best hostel I've ever stayed!

• 19th Feb 2014

I loved this hostel! Staff were great and the atmosphere was also good however, my only complaint was that the hostel did not have enough showers and toilets.