Art Hostel-Usually We Spend Our Time In The Garden Reviews

21/A Angel Kanchev Street, Sofia, Bulgaria

Art Hostel had a very good vibe. The staff was very relaxed and friendly and answered any of the questions I had. They have a really cool basement bar with a ton a interesting graffiti in it and a cool garden outside to relax. It was pretty easy to meet people and a good location to the main city. The only thing I would say I didnt like was that there was a young school there at the same time of a bunch of 17 year olds so would of been better with more travelers my age. Good Hostel though.

Hostel was really great, with great staff.

Friendly staff, clean place. No lockers/storage for things in the dorm rooms.

Clean, tidy and comfortable hostel. The outdoor patio area is really nice for chilling out in and always provides a way to meet people. The staff are really helpful and they offer a good day-trip to all of the castles for a pretty reasonable price. The rooms are a great size with a locker you can fit your whole pack in. Definitely recommend!

Price wise, there are better alternatives available.However in terms of the whole package, Art Hostel seems to have an edge on it's competition.For instance the breakfast alone in worth 2 euro; it's truly a spread fit for a king.The location is also superb; 5 mins walk from the main boulevard and In terms of security, it certainly keeps the vampires at bay with multiple key doors from the street to the rooms.Alongside it's unique character and charm, it's also clean & tidy and so worth a stay!

Very nice hostel. In the heart of Sofia.

I would love to have stayed at Art Hostel where we booked however they had over booked and sent us to a little old ladies flat to stay in her spare room without warning us. The hostel looked amazing when we waited to be checked in however they then took across town and left us with the little old dear where there was no privacy. we went back

• 14th Aug 2014

The ho are is in the Sofia city centre, is easy to go everywhere!! Has a great atmorsphere in the garden and bar! The room are big but not so confortable! Good the shower no so good the rest room!!

Really great place with excellent staff...the atmosphere is indeed very artsy and the garden and bar are a great respite in the middle of the city.

I am travelling a lot and honestly it was the best hostel i have ever been! The staff was amazing, the garden amazing, the rooms super cool and beautiful! thanks for this experience guys, i will definitely come back!

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • Switzerland

I stayed 3 nights and wanted to stay longer. The garden and bar had a great atmosphere, the location is perfect, and the staff were really and friendly:) A few extra bathrooms would have been ideal and maybe some more breakfast options like fruit. I would definitely stay again.

Great place with great atmosphere. Staff was very friendly and the garden lovely. I had hoped that there would be live music at the hostel during the evening, like it said in the description and som reviews, but there were none, even though I stayed during a weekend. Other than that: super!

Fantastic crue! :) Very helpful and understanding. Thank you for making our stay so enjoyable! :)

Lovely Hostel, great garden, nice staff AND guests.

Nice hostel, good location, garden is a fantastic place to unwind with a beer and bar downstairs gives the place a bit of an upbeat vibe in the evenings. No lockers in rooms and persistent issues with the wifi while i was there, (although a couple of PCs in the lobby were usually free).

• 25th Jul 2014

An amazing hostel, probably top three in the ones I've stayed in. The 'oldness' is definitely part of its charm, in creating a welcoming atmosphere for any travelers willing to meet new people and hear new stories. The facilities can seem a lil old (granted, cause of the setup of the building) but other than that a worthy place to stay for great memories.

Hostel is OK, stayed just one night, beds arent that great but the garden and the bar in the basement are awesome!

It's an interesting place since the bar is also a local hang out - I had fun meeting Bulgarians. Great place to stay if you are backpacking - especially alone.

We were 4 friends staying here for 3 nights, the art hostel staff were friendly, helpful and welcoming, the garden is beautiful and has the best atmosphere, the bar is also wonderful and the art decor is brilliant. The place has a lot of character and there are lovely people to be met. Pub crawls come through the hostel garden/bar often so there is chance to meet even more people who aren't staying in the hostel. We had a great time here and met some great people!! Definitely recommend.

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Scotland

Their private rooms are beautiful and immaculate. Staff is so friendly and helpful. Unfortunately I found some bugs on my pillows in the dorm rooms, told staff and they took care of the situation right away. Really good people and stay all around, very central location. Definitely want to stay in their private rooms again, they were perfect!