Art Hostel-Usually We Spend Our Time In The Garden Reviews

21/A Angel Kanchev Street, Sofia, Bulgaria

I would love to have stayed at Art Hostel where we booked however they had over booked and sent us to a little old ladies flat to stay in her spare room without warning us. The hostel looked amazing when we waited to be checked in however they then took across town and left us with the little old dear where there was no privacy. we went back

• 14th Aug 2014

The ho are is in the Sofia city centre, is easy to go everywhere!! Has a great atmorsphere in the garden and bar! The room are big but not so confortable! Good the shower no so good the rest room!!

Really great place with excellent staff...the atmosphere is indeed very artsy and the garden and bar are a great respite in the middle of the city.

I stayed 3 nights and wanted to stay longer. The garden and bar had a great atmosphere, the location is perfect, and the staff were really and friendly:) A few extra bathrooms would have been ideal and maybe some more breakfast options like fruit. I would definitely stay again.

Great place with great atmosphere. Staff was very friendly and the garden lovely. I had hoped that there would be live music at the hostel during the evening, like it said in the description and som reviews, but there were none, even though I stayed during a weekend. Other than that: super!

Fantastic crue! :) Very helpful and understanding. Thank you for making our stay so enjoyable! :)

Lovely Hostel, great garden, nice staff AND guests.

Nice hostel, good location, garden is a fantastic place to unwind with a beer and bar downstairs gives the place a bit of an upbeat vibe in the evenings. No lockers in rooms and persistent issues with the wifi while i was there, (although a couple of PCs in the lobby were usually free).

• 25th Jul 2014

An amazing hostel, probably top three in the ones I've stayed in. The 'oldness' is definitely part of its charm, in creating a welcoming atmosphere for any travelers willing to meet new people and hear new stories. The facilities can seem a lil old (granted, cause of the setup of the building) but other than that a worthy place to stay for great memories.

Hostel is OK, stayed just one night, beds arent that great but the garden and the bar in the basement are awesome!

It's an interesting place since the bar is also a local hang out - I had fun meeting Bulgarians. Great place to stay if you are backpacking - especially alone.

We were 4 friends staying here for 3 nights, the art hostel staff were friendly, helpful and welcoming, the garden is beautiful and has the best atmosphere, the bar is also wonderful and the art decor is brilliant. The place has a lot of character and there are lovely people to be met. Pub crawls come through the hostel garden/bar often so there is chance to meet even more people who aren't staying in the hostel. We had a great time here and met some great people!! Definitely recommend.

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Scotland

Their private rooms are beautiful and immaculate. Staff is so friendly and helpful. Unfortunately I found some bugs on my pillows in the dorm rooms, told staff and they took care of the situation right away. Really good people and stay all around, very central location. Definitely want to stay in their private rooms again, they were perfect!

Great Place, loved it.

This hostel is pretty good but I really wanted to like it more. Staff is good. Garden is nice. Good bar downstairs. Met lots of cool people. Was a bit disappointed with the 3 high beds and the showers never having hot water.

Great place for fun. Friendly staff and excellent location. Live music in the bar downstairs and a nice yard to hang out with folks from around the world. It's a perfect place for lively and fun holidays. But if you want a quiet night, avoid weekend when the music and buzz in the bar and in the yard continues 48 hours.

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • Japan

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Art Hostel, Martin couldn't have been more helpful. The most enjoyable times for us were the morning breakfasts where we met people and had great discussions, Sometimes lasting until midday. Met some stimulating and interesting people. The staff were always on hand giving information. or finding it. Lovely location and a great place to be, would recomend it to all our relatives and friends. Thank you..

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • All Female Group, 41+

Cool hostel!! I really great vibe. Wish we went in the high season because it has real potential. The staff were extremely friendly and knowledgeable. Took a while for them to bring breakfast a couple of times. I think the staff party pretty hard too. Great place. Would recommend!!

They stuffed up my booking which isnt a good start but they sorted me out with a lovely old lady (with a room that is). From what i saw the hostel was OK, nice garden out back. Saw a very cool band in the bar. Just note that the whole "locals in the bar" thing manifested itself with mostly local couples chatting amongst themselves although Im sure they're all splendid folk as I found all Bulgarians to be. Except those curmudgeons selling train tickets.

Good vibe, bar, garden, staff promptly handled all my requests. Would recommend. Plus: locals come here a lot.