8.5
Fabulous 405 Total Reviews
8.5
Fabulous 405 Total Reviews
Art Hostel-Usually We Spend Our Time In The Garden Located at 21/A Angel Kanchev Street, , Sofia.
Bulgaria
Sofia 21/A Angel Kanchev Street
85% 405
42.6910710 23.3221507
    Rooms available

• USA, Male, 31-40
15th Jul 2016
7.4

Booked a private room since I had a lot of mountain gear with me. Turns out the room is in a separate building that was barely getting setup. As a result of the newness, it's lacking basic traveler accommodation like wifi. The separate building is also away from the garden, bar, & social area. Requiring someone to buzz you through the gate is annoying. I had an early flight and early checkout. The desk was not responsive and actually quite rude that we interrupted his sleep.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
14th Jul 2016

Beautiful place, great location, lovely people. Such a great base to experience a beautiful city.

7th Jul 2016

An amazing time as always. The crew was friendly and helpful, the place remains its magic and the environment is quite special. There was a couple of concerts during this time and it was easy to get along with locals and travelers the same. Absolutely recommended to anyone who wants something backpacker.

• England, Female, 18-24
5th Jul 2016

Great fun hostel with comfy outside area and nice bar. Lovely stylized rooms that feel spacious. Very clean and free breakfast. Amazing location. Major issue in not being able to get in front gate on your own, receptionist has to let you in every time - felt I was bothering them and after 11 it seems down to luck how quickly someone let's you in as away from the desk. Would stay again for sure despite this though.

4th Jul 2016
8.0

Well long story, my train was so late because of shitty Serbian border patrol that I missed my connecting train to Istanbul and I booked this out of panic haha. But then later that night I found a bus to Istanbul. But I give them a good rating (even though Ive never been there) just for being willing to host me on short notice:)

• Czech Republic, All Female Group, 18-24
23rd Jun 2016
7.4

- no lockers in the room, luggage before the check in also wasnt locked, just lied in the commen room, two bathrooms is not enaugh, + atmosphere, great evening concert in the garden, great music taste of the man on the reception:) and he also gave us a lot of information

10th Jun 2016

Very helpful staff which I needed trying to deal with traveling in a different alphabet. Cool neighborhood. Great music vibe. Highly recommended!!

9th Jun 2016
7.4

As the name suggests people in this hostel do indeed spend most of their time in the garden - it is lovely, it's connected with the bar and almost every evening they have some live music in the garden. The overall atmosphere is very artsy, relaxed, easy going. What I did not like so much - weed aroma. But that is just my preference. I had no issue with that, but some people might not like sleeping in a three-level bunk bed (sleeping actually 30cm from the ceiling). Also - the staff is great.

• Ireland, Male, 25-30
9th Jun 2016

A ideally-located spot right in the middle of Sofia. Restaurants, bars as well as the tourist trail are all nearby. The hostel has its own bar with good beer, music and table football (flashback!). The communal breakfast is filling and a fun way to meet people and find out more about the city from your fellow travellers. All very good value for money too. We will return next year!

• England, Female, 25-30
7th Jun 2016

Best hostel I have ever been to. Beautiful venue, friendly and helpful staff, gorgeous rooms and an amazing chilled atmosphere. I only wish I could have stayed longer. Cannot recommend this place enough!