Art Hostel Reviews

Via Enrico Pessina, 66, Naples, Italy

Upon booking,the picture of the facility was so attractive.. We spent time looking for the hostel which looked alike it but could not find such place. The front door looked worse than any hing that I could imagine. The lady reception with the strange hairdo was the worst reception I ever encountered in 30+ years of traveling. I used to stay in some hostels in Switzerland and Germany about 5 years ago, those facilities were awesome. So this was the worst experience ever.

• 16th Aug 2015

It was a basic stay, we wasn't planning on staying long so it more a pit stop than anything. Nothing really stood out.

Aircon in Naples is nice, bathrooms not so nice. No lockers in rooms.

Stay here was great! I only stayed one night, so I wasn't put off by some of the things others have been! The sheets were clean, there was water and a toilet and the location was perfect - what more do you need? Met a group of the lost lovely people after I arrived (10pm) and we all went to a piazza round the corner, drank peroni and chatted until early morning :) Security: no issue.If you're bothered about leaving your luggage in the restaurant's storage room, then you shouldn't be travelling!

• 12th Aug 2015

The rooms were okay the beds were very rikity there were no lockers so didn't feel very safe. couldn't even lock the room door. entry to the building fed quite secure thoough. It was a good location and the reception were friendly and helpfull. The bathroom was not clean.

I stayed during 2 nights here, and i think i was a good choice, probably not the best but good value for money! The location is great! close to theold city center and piazza bellini if you want to grab a drink at night, and 10 minutes walk to most of the napoli attractions. Although the "Big Mamma" Nadia keeps the room clean in the morning i found that the shower courtains let all the water to come out of the shower and that makes the room/bathroom messy. staff is friendly but very desorganized.

Very good value for money!

This hostel was nice and simple.. It had great air con in every room, and relatively comfortable beds. There was no kitchen, however the restaurant down stairs was really good, and not expensive ! In terms of location, it was on a good street in the nicer area of Naples, however it was about a half hour walk from the main train station, and it was not a particularly flat walk, so this was difficult with large rucksacks in the heat! The guy at reception was also really nice!

• 1st Aug 2015

WARNING! Stay away from this hostel! Security- We got robbed inside our room inside the hostel. Location- Thugs all around, got robbed time number 2. Staff- No where to be found only when they got in the room in the morning like 5 times to get cleaning supplies. Atmosphere- No meeting place for the people to interact, no kitchen, negative vibe. The good reviews come from the two good rooms they have. Cleanliness -None existent!!!!!!!! all disgusting with more than 100 cockroaches around.

• 30th Jul 2015

Finally a proper free breakfast! All-in-all, I really enjoyed my stay here. Albeit security was an issue for me (no lockers, room door doesn't lock) so I locked my bag to the bed and made sure I took all my valuables with me. Close to Dante Metro. The english direction on the confirmation email need to be improved, but we found the place. *once you arrive at Dante, exit the station and go right (up the main road) and it's literally 3mins on that road.

Lovely rooms with good food in attached restaurant.

Brilliant location near the metro and just outside the old city.

The hostel was easy to meet people.

Quite possibly the worse place I've ever laid my head to rest. Bypass Naples & head to Sorrento or Positano

• 17th Jul 2015

I loved staying here! The manager was amazing, always ready to help, give suggestions and had a smile on his face! The other staff were great too! It was clean, AIR CON, and a pleasant atmosphere. One bathroom poses as a problem at times but most people accommodate the needs. Breakfast was authentic Italian and delicious!

A nice hostel with wonderful location just at the edge of the Old Town. Half an hour walk to railway station through nice historical streets, Archaeological museum just in 2 minutes. Clean, with good air conditioning (crucial!) and wifi. Disadvantages: no locks on the doors of the rooms, a tiny public space, no kitchen.

The location is excellent, makes it very worthwhile staying here.

Cool old building but no kitchen. No common rooms. Nowhere to wash clothes. My 4 bed room changed to a 6 without warning. My bathroom had no toilet seat. The owner would come in and turf off the air con all the time aswell.

• 1st Jul 2015

Stayed here for one night. The area seems a bit dodgy but I didn't mind it too much, though females travelling on their own might. The staff were friendly and helpful though their English wasn't quite fluent. I noticed a few random men came and sat in the hostel common area before I left in the morning. I assume this is a regular thing.

All the reviews already said it, but the rooms did not lock and there was no locker. The shower was mostly cold water, very rare to have hot water. The beds were not really confortable. On the plus side the location was okay, a bit sketchy at night, but Naples is kind of sketchy at night. Also the staff was really nice and helpful.