Art Hostel Reviews

Via Enrico Pessina, 66, Naples, Italy

We booked a twin room at the art hostel and get a double at the locanda del Arte (same owners)... and it was quite problematic for us (not a couple nor friends) but nothing could be made. The room was small but ok, the bed was really bad (we could feel every spring of the mattress) and the shower was not exactly clean (hairs, limescale and some mould). Otherwise, the beakfast was good, the situation nice too and it was noisy but that is probably the case in a lot of places in Napoli.

• 16th May 2015

The doors to the rooms should require the key to enter them.

3min walk from Dante station. ADVICE: after you get buzzed in, walk straight through the courtyard and take the elevator/stairs to level 2. This is where you check in but possibly not where you will sleep. Rooms have no lock and no lockers. No wifi in our room. The "common area" was a table with a TV and wooden bench. You do get a free breakfast (pastry and coffee). Not all beds have access to power outlets. Weirdest part, the guy that checks you in (speaks minimal English) also sleeps in hostel

The hostel location was good, close to the metro and along one of the main streets in Naples. The room was very nice and the staff was helpful when we needed to make a call to a local tour company. The breakfast was good and you get a 20 percent discount at the restaurant which we used multiple times.

I booked this hostel last minute at I was passing through Naples. I was pleasantly surprised! I stayed in a dorm with 6 beds and met 3 other friendly travelers. The hostel is located in a prime location to walk around but is also very peaceful at night. In the morning you can go to a little restaurant around the corner for a free cappuccino and pastry. Should I ever find myself in Naples again I would definitely stay there!

A nice place and nice people. Hard to find though. It is in the second floor and that's not marked. They also sometimes close and do not specify a return time. That can be unnerving if you arrive and wonder if they will ever open or went out of business or something. Thank goodness the people downstairs had a guest that spoke English. She took me in, fed me pizza and a capachino, then reassured me that things would be OK. After I got in things went well. Knowing Italian would help.

there wasnt many people staying at the hostel when i was there,well none that spoke apart from the staff it was nice and clean in a good spot ,but need a better seat to sit in ,in the common room for comfort had a nice place to go to for breakfast ,or a meal with 20 per cent off