Art Rijeka

Fabulous 401 Total Reviews

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
14th Sep 2017
6.6

We were the only ones there, which was great! Maybe if there were more people kitchen and bathrooms would have been not as great. Guy who runs it was very helpful. Lock on door quite stift but manageable.

• Lithuania, Female, 18-24
7th Sep 2017

Nice place to stay and cool hosts!

30th Aug 2017

Good location, quiet room and friendly staff. :)

• bradleymackenzie1998
  • Australia, Male, 18-24
  • Globetrotter
26th Aug 2017
4.9

So many things wrong with this hostel. Rooms and carpets were filthy and uncomfortable. No A/C made for a very hot room. 1 shared bathroom for the whole place, which had a urinal in it making it uncomfortable for everyone. The cubicles were so small you could barely stand and open the door. 2 Showers with limited hot water were dirty. And the door was broken so you could see in. Definitely not a place i would recommend. On the plus side the staff were quite friendly.

So many things are wrong with this review. We accept any criticism if it is true. I do not understand what it means that carpet was uncomfortable, you are supposed to sleep on the bed. A/C is not provided for any of our rooms and that is no mistake. We never mentioned A/C on the hostelworld website. There are 2 shared bathrooms, urinal could make you feel uncomfortable only if you do not know how to use it. Hot water is unlimited and possibility that the showers are dirty is only if you went in the bathroom after some irresponsible guest. Doors are working normally and no one can see you while you are showering, no one actually wants to look at you while you are showering. Cubicles are very small, that is true. Staff says thank you and goodbye.

24th Aug 2017
6.0

If you need a cheap bed to sleep in, this is tolerable, but it isn't a place that I could recommend to anyone. Kind of a dank lower floor hostel, marginal showers and bathrooms, no real place to congregate. If you book this place, write down the directions on how to get there otherwise you may not find the place.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
17th Aug 2017

This place is great! Lovely staff, nice Croatian feel! :)

• Canada, Female, 18-24
13th Aug 2017
8.0

Not the nicest place I stayed in, finding it was difficult, its in the basement of an apartment complex basically. The staff were really helpful as I was deathly ill while I was there. The beds weren't great and I don't think I would walk to it by myself at night, but maybe that's just me.

• Netherlands, All Female Group, 25-30
13th Aug 2017

Great hostel with very nice staff. The location is perfect, it's only 10-15 minutes walking to the centre and in a safe area. The hostel also offers free parking at the back. I only thought that the bathroom was quite dirty, but in all the other reviews I read that it's a clean place so I guess we had some bad luck. Overall it's a great place to stay!

• USA, All Female Group, 25-30
25th Jul 2017

When you stay at Art Rijeka, you feel like a visitor, rather than a tourist. It has a sweet, relaxed vibe that is hard to come by, especially during peak season. It's easy to feel at home and to connect with the other folks who were drawn there, which again, feels rare during peak season. My friend and I loved it so much we decided to book an additional two nights:)

Thank you Kelly, we were delighted to have you here!

• Netherlands, Male, 18-24
22nd Jul 2017

Very nice hostel, the staf is the best. We were taking a night train and it was no problem at all to leave our bags at the hostel till 19:00 and we even could keep our keys. The staff even offered us a lift to the train station when it was raining cats and dogs :)

Thank you for your lovely comment... if all our guests are like you, our job would be a dream!

×