Artel Artistic Hostel Reviews

Teatraniy Proezd, 3, (through the arc), Moscow, Russia

The worst hostel I have ever been in. Dirty, unhelpfull. The staff was the worst, they don't help you at all and can ignore you and just laught doing it. They lie to, is in this page that they have a tour desk and they don't even have a map, and don't want or will gave you any directions. When I ask the staff to help me they told me "use the internet". Please, if you go to Moscow, DONT GO TO THIS HOSTEL. It's true there is a disco, but is 24 hour. I'm shure you can find a better option.

• 12th Feb 2014
  • Chile

The price and the location cannot be beat! So close to the Metro, Bolshoi & Red Square. My only issue was finding it! Even with an address and google maps it was hard. Not a big deal but you ought to know. It's on the 3rd floor of an unmarked building down an alley. It's basically in the alley across from the Metropol Hotel. There are 2 bars and there is loud music and some thumping but I don't really care about that and fell right to sleep. The art inside is crazy/great. Definitely unique.

We'd heard rumours of late night noise & surly staff but found neither at this excellent little budget boutique hotel slap bang in the middle of Moscow. Other than a little distant drum 'n' bass around 9am the noise concerns didn't hold up & we found the staff to be very unsurly. The hotel is pretty basic, so if you are looking for Savoy style comfort, you'll find it round the corner. But it has everything you need & the location is superb. A great bar on the second floor also helps.

• 22nd Oct 2013