Arthouse Hostel Reviews

20 Lindsay Street, Launceston, Australia

Staff are lovely and accomodating, was a lovely hostel to chill on the sofa with a book. Nice comfy beds and good location! Thanks :)

Very helpful,friendly staff. We are 60+ and have not stayed in a hostel/backpacker accomodation before.Usually we camp/caravan or use motels. The bed needed attention (very squeaky),linen was just ok. I would be happy toreccomend to young people,and " tougher oldies"!!!!

• 26th Feb 2015

The rooms were quite nice and comfy beds. The wifi is excruciatingly slow. It's free, but personally I'd rather have to pay and have something I can actually use. Staff is great, super friendly and helpful.

I have not done any other hostelling in Australia so have nothing to compare it with but I thought 27.50 was quite expensive for one night. The room was hot and stuffy and the bunk beds squeaked and rocked alarmingly when the girl in the top bunk moved. I did not have a wink of sleep all night. The showers and kitchen were adequate but the gas stoves pretty old and inefficient. Beating in mind that I'm 65 it struck me as being very much a young persons place as I'm sure most hostels are.

• 18th Feb 2015

The staff was great and helpful, but our stay in Arthouse was little bit unpleasant. The room was damp and a bit smelly because (sorry) people with work and holiday visa whom we shared the room with was hang their laundry in the room. :(

• 17th Feb 2015
  • Indonesia

Best Hostel, I have been to! Very friendly staff, such a pretty, old-fashioned building, kitchen wasn't the best but sufficient. There is a lot of room in order to just hang out and meet new people ( a garden, a large dining room and several couches and a tv in front of the reception which makes it easier to meet new people. The bed (at least mine) was suprisingly comfortable, the 5bedfemaledorm very large. If I ever go to Launceston again, I know where to stay.

• 16th Feb 2015

The city is small. This hostel is easy to reach, right across the small bridge. The house has character. No included breakfast.... but it's not far from a supermarket.

Really tidy and spacious hostel.

This hostel provides the basics. Lamps above the bunks would be good to avoid people turning on the light a 1am. Lockers in the room would be brandy too. My room was next to the common room and it was very noisy until 3am. Both nights I didn't get much sleep.

Hiya, unfortunately it sounds like you did not get a great experience at the Arthouse and we apologise. Lamps above the beds is a good suggestion thank you. We do have free storage at reception for anyone who wants to use it. And sorry for the noise, for anyone else who might be disturbed, we have a 24 hour staff member that can be contacted by a number at reception. We do ask that the hostel is quiet from 10pm, and that is normally well respected.

It was nice stay except kitchen. Some of backpackers didn't clean their own stuff in the kitchen.

Favourite hostel in Oz so far. Incredible and knowledgeable staff, great traveller atmosphere, central location, quirky building, clean, spacious rooms, free wifi, everything a traveller needs. Only gripe was the WiFi seemed throttled after 10/11pm. No biggie. Highly recommended.

Wow, thanks so much. That is an amazing series of compliments. The great news is that your "only gripe" will be fixed on the 26th Feb when our NBN broadband is installed! Unlimited downloads and the fastest speed available in Australia - everyone can download movies, TV, Skype and upload photos with no restriction (can you tell we are excited??)

Best bathrooms I've ever seen in a hostel. The building is beautiful.

Absolutely loved the really friendly and caring staff! Great backpacker vibe to the place!

• 29th Jan 2015

Thank you for taking the time to rate and review us. Your comments really help. We are happy that we were able to help your holiday in Tassie and hope you enjoy the rest of your travels.

Very friendly front desk staff, happy to help with extra information, hiking advice, and acts of kindness!

• 28th Jan 2015

Kitchen was too small for the number of people staying there, with inadequate utensils (2 metal forks and 2 plastic ones for the entire hostel and only 3 spoons?!). Annoyingly I didn't have a pillow for the duration of my stay either, despite reporting this to reception the morning after I arrived, having had late check-in and being assured they'd get someone to bring one up for my second night. I ended up having to use a cushion from a common area instead. A bit poor but not terrible.

Wonderful service and we enjoyed our stay at both places

Thanks so much for the nice comments and the 100% review. We very much appreciate it.

The female bathroom on the second floor appeared to have been not cleaned thoroughly for at least 2-3 weeks judging by the amount of black mould in the shower and on the ceiling. Exhaust on the ceiling was completely blocked by the lint (a fire hazard btw).

• 23rd Jan 2015

I loved watching 'Bridesmaids' on DVD on the huge TV and drinking wine out of real wine glasses with the girls :-) Thank you very much, I had a really relaxing evening after some exhausting travelling!

Haha, that's great. Thanks for staying with us and we are very happy you enjoyed your stay.

was met by super nice staff that anwsered all our questions. room was clean. there was acouple of different bathrooms, it did the trick for a 1 night stay

Thanks for rating us and leaving an informative review. We do have bathrooms (incl. showers) on all floors and a couple of individual showers as well. And thanks for making note that the room was clean. We clean the rooms and hostel every day. It is hard during summer, but we keep up as best we can. Thanks again.

Friendly staff and pretty clean hostel, but the bed mattress was a little uncomfortable. However it was good value for one night's stay.

Thanks for leaving a nice honest comment and high ratings. We have found your room and will check the mattresses today. We have spares, so will replace any that we find that are not good. Thanks for letting us know.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4