Arthouse Hostel Reviews

20 Lindsay Street, Launceston, Australia

Nice big hostel with lots of character. Clean, good facilities and within walking distance to some great bars and pubs. Grant on the reception desk was particularly friendly and helpful and went out of his way to give us a warm welcome and some great tips about where to go and what to see in Launceston.

• 17th Nov 2014

I had a great stay - had booked a six bed dorm but when I arrived the staff member working gave me a four bed dorm where I was the only person in my room which was wonderful. He also gave me a free towel and was very helpful giving me instructions and a map on how to get around. The bathrooms were very clean - I stayed on the ground floor and snuck up to the top level where there was no one and had the bathroom all to myself. Thanks for a great stay

• 5th Nov 2014

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and the upgrade, etc. We do try to spread people out if we have the space. The bathrooms upstairs are certainly very nice and have those great views over the historic Inveresk. I enjoy going up there for the views (and sunsets) myself. Thank you so much for the recognition of our efforts and the great compliments.

Super friendly staff, very clean, well located, doors are locked at night, free wifi !!

Thank you so much for the high ratings and compliments. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and hope that you enjoyed the rest of your Tassie adventure! :-)

Good location and excellent staff (Jozie being ridiculously cute helped!) who were very welcoming and super helpful and proactive, making sure I was getting the most out of my stay. Room was basic but clean and comfortable. I'd definitely recommend it.

Thanks so much. Jozie is definitely ridiculously cute with a captivating chirpy character. What a gal. Thanks for the compliments and high ratings. Going into summer it is great to know that we are getting it right.

Great hostel, lovely staff, great value for money

I love this hostel! The owner Grant is so nice, and really wants all the guests to be comfortable and have a good time. On cool nights he leaves out extra duvets to make sure no one's cold, on nice days he sometimes buys a flat of beer to sell to guests for $2/beer. When he saw my friend and I pouring wine into a mug, he went and got us wine glasses. Besides that, the building is also really nice, it's an old beautiful hotel with balconies, fireplaces and lovely wooden staircases. Stay here! =]

What can I say ... thank you so much. I think you have captured exactly what we try to do here. It is great to know that our efforts are noticed and appreciated!

Good location, friendly helpful staff and good kitchen facilities. But the dorms have no storage which makes rooms crowded. And the rooms aren't very clean (probably related to having everyone's gear strewn around). Also no lockers to secure valuables and only one light per room. Final gripe is having intolerant long term travelers staying in dorms - if they can't deal with room mates, they should get a job and a share house!

All Excellent

Thanks so much for the great ratings and comment. We are very happy to have helped you enjoy your trip to Tassie.

I arrived with no idea where to go in Tasmania, but was shown by the helpful staff the beat places in the time I had. The hostel has a really great feel to it and the owners have really made an effort to make it feel like a home from home. Kitchen is a decent size, hostel is cleaned regularly, films available at reception, wifi available. Stayed there an extra night and met alot of interesting people. Dorm room was huge. Highly recommended.

Pretty basic place, but I would stay again. It's cheap, relatively clean - it will do for Launceston.

Thanks for taking the time to review and comment, and we would love you to stay again. I will take the clean compliment myself this time because housekeeping was sick last weekend and I had to do the job myself! Again I learned respect for the work they do, and I am happy to hear that I did a reasonable job! :-)

one of the stand alone showers didnt have hot water on a number of occasions when i used it. our double room was great and clean and the kitchen was very well stocked as well. staff was also helpful in providing travel advice.

Was very Happy with my stay The staff are fantastic and friendly And the location is good as it walking Distance to every were

• 24th Sep 2014

Thanks so much for you comments. We pride ourselves on our friendly & knowledgeable staff and it's always great to hear feedback. You're absolutely right: we are an easy walk to everything & the view across the river to the city is just a bonus :)

I really enjoyed staying at Arthouse. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The building also has a nice charm that you don't usually get at a typical hostel. For anyone coming to Launceston I would highly recommend staying there.

Thank you so much for the comments and high ratings. We really sincerely enjoy doing what we do, and having you enjoy your stay at the Arthouse and in Tasmania makes everything worthwhile.

Great place with friendly staff - even in the middle of winter!

Thanks! We are glad you enjoyed the Arthouse even in the middle of Winter. Thanks for staying with us and taking the time to rate and review us.

Great, friendly staff and lovely décor!

Thank you so much for the lovely comments and high ratings. The Arthouse was built in 1888 and we have tried to keep as much as we can feeling comfortable and classic - except for the bathrooms which are modern! We are glad you liked it.

Great staff really helpful and really nice.

Thanks so much for the great ratings and comments. We really do enjoy helping people like yourself - and who wouldn't enjoy giving advice for people to enjoy this beautiful place. We hope to see you again Hamish - travel safe.

The staff there are really friendly. It was really nice of them to leave me a room key and all sheets needed with a candy. The staff there are really helpful and would like to give advises for your trip.

• 13th Jul 2014
  • Hong Kong

Thank you so much for the high ratings and lovely comments. We all love Tassie here, so it is a pleasure to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and found our advice helpful.

Pete (the receptionist) was an amazing help. We had a loose itinerary for things to do around Launceston but he really helped provide us with a realistic itinerary/ the best places to see not only around Launceston but around Tasmania. He would be the reason why i stay there again. The free WiFi was also awesome too. The only negative was that the heater in the room did not do much. It often got really cold at night.

• 3rd Jun 2014

Wow, thank you so much. It is a real pleasure for me (Pete!) to help with itineraries. I travel around Tasmania as much as I can and I get a real kick out of sharing experiences and stories with people like yourselves. Thanks for the comments great ratings - and I have heard you with the heater and placed a 2nd heater in both Room 13 (yours) and 16 (lots of windows there too). They should be toasty now.

Thanks to the friendly staff, Deb who gave us many useful information. The house and facilities are beautiful and nice. Really enjoy staying at Art House.

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • Taiwan

Thank you so much for the great ratings and lovely comments. We are very happy to have helped you enjoy your Tasmanian journey.