Fabulous 602 Total Reviews
Fabulous 602 Total Reviews
Arthouse Hostel Located at 20 Lindsay Street, , Launceston.
Australia
Launceston Tasmania 7250 20 Lindsay Street
80% 602
-41.4302833 147.1369636
    Rooms available

• Singapore, Male, 25-30
27th Nov 2016
6.3

the staff were really nice and helpful . The hostel was in a rather acceptable location with shops nearby . However, the cleanliness of the kitchen and toilet can be improved . With very little ventilation in the toilet making it stink up sometimes. The kitchen has half the utensils missing with a very small drying area that can get filled up rather quickly if the people do not dry their cutlery and replace them on the cupboards

Thanks for staying with us. It would have been helpful if you told reception that the cutlery was low. We have topped it up and there is plenty there now. Unfortunately a lot of our cutlery seems to go camping. We clean the kitchen twice per day, and now 3 times per day from December. If someone does not wash, dry and put away their own dishes, it makes it hard for us. I don't think it fair to rate us low because some people do not do dishes.

• Germany, Female, 18-24
8th Nov 2016
6.3

No luggage room, if you are arriving earlier than 2pm you have to put all your stuff on the TV room, but there cameras, but the front door was unlocked so if everyone would've came in and took my stuff it would've been gone. The reception is really closed from 12-2pm. It's an old house clear, but I couldn't open the windows without destroying thousands of spiderwebs. Gladly the bathrooms were clean. The staff was a really old guy and he treated me like a stupid young girl. Linen costs extra.

Hi, 1) We have a luggage room at the back of reception. We are more than happy to look after bags before check-in or after check-out. This is a FREE service we offer. 2) We have never had a bag stolen from the TV lounge room even if people choose to leave them out in the open. 3) Reception is closed from 1-2pm. That is clearly advertised everywhere. 4) Her room, 14, has a window/door onto the balcony. It is used a lot and does not have cobwebs. 5) Yes the bathrooms are clean. The bathrooms are cleaned twice daily at the moment and it will be 3 times daily soon. 6) I am 45 years old. I don't think that makes me "really old". This is my hostel and I love this business, this state, this country and the people who visit here. 7) I have never treated a guest like a "stupid young girl". 8) Bed sheet, pillow and pillow case are FREE. Top sheet and blankets cost $2 per stay (not per night) and is clearly advertised everywhere. Pete Owner Really Old Guy

14th Oct 2016

A nice hostel but reception opening hour is only up to 18:00.

Thanks for the great rating! Reception is open from 9am - 1pm & 2pm - 6pm. If anyone is arriving at 6pm or later, we have a very simple late arrival procedure. Just put your arrival time with your booking and we will sort everything out for you.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
29th Sep 2016
7.4

Pretty decent for the amount paid. The hostel was clean, and had a large common area. The reception closes at 6pm and the hot water was tepid on the top floor. However, it was value for money due to the location.

Thanks for taking the time to rate and review us. For anyone reading this, we have gas on-demand hot water, so there should never be a reason for less than great hot water. If anyone has trouble with hot water, please let the staff know and it will be sorted immediately.

28th Sep 2016
4.0

The showers were moldy and the water was not very warm. The entire building was extremely drafty and cold. All rooms had space heaters in them. If you were not close to the heater it was very cold. The hallways were a good 10 degrees colder than any room since they had to heaters. Only 2 showers and 2 toilets on the ground floor. There were at least 20 people on the ground floor. Need more toilets/showers. Also free parking is ONLY street parking. If its busy no paring available.

If anyone reads this and believes it verbatim - we will never force you to stay a single night. If you dislike our hostel and our efforts this much we will give you are full refund and you can stay somewhere else. The showers on ground floor are obviously being renovated. That is very clear. There are 2 showers and 2 toilets on ground floor, and 4 of each on 1st floor and 4 of each again on 2nd floor. There is a very good ratio of both showers and toilets that exceeds requirements and many other hostels I have stayed in myself. Every room is heated. Every room has it's own heater. If anyone is cold, all they have to do is speak to reception who will provide more heaters. There is plenty of free parking nearby. No matter how busy it may be, there is plenty - but you might have to walk 50 metres. ALL parking is free overnight and weekends. You made use of our $15 per night September special. EVEN BETTER THAN COMPLAINING HERE WE WOULD PREFER TO HAVE GIVEN YOU A FULL REFUND AND LET YOU STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
20th Sep 2016

Friendly, welcoming and knowledgeable staff keen to help you get the most out of Launceston. Great place if you are travelling on a budget.

Thanks for the great rating and wonderful compliments. We love what we do and love to read feedback like that.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
11th Sep 2016
7.4

The hostel is in a great location and in a quirky old building. The facilities aren't bad and there is plenty of room to spread out. The main complain was cleanliness, bins were not emptied for days at a time and smelt bad, broken locks on toilet doors were not fixed and other minor things that added up. It really felt like management weren't paying attention to their own hostel, which is sad as with a little bit of effort this hostel could be really awesome instead of just average.

I can assure you that the bins are cleaned every single day. Twice. Thanks for mentioning the broken lock (although it would have been easier to mention it to the receptionist) and that will be fixed immediately.

• Sri Lanka, Female, 18-24
15th Aug 2016
8.0

Appreciate that the management set us up for the late arrival because we were travelling from the Bay of Fires and couldn't make it in during the office hours. We got two blankets each, it was a thoughtful gesture since it was during the winter. We found that the toilets were a little dirty, and my friend found several strands of dark hair on her mattress and bed sheets (she's a blonde). We only paid $15 per person, so you could say it was worth the money!

Thanks for taking the time to rate and review us. I can assure everyone that the bathrooms are cleaned twice per day during winter, and 3 times per day during summer. Unfortunately after reception goes home there may possibly be a mess left that we will not be aware of until the next day - so late arrivals may see a mess. But there are many bathrooms at the hostel - some on each floor. The sheets are removed, washed and clean sheets are placed on every single bed, I assure you the sheets are clean. $15 is awesome value, but I assure you we do not cut corners with a cut price. Every bathroom and bed is kept as clean as possible no matter what price we charge.

1st Aug 2016
7.4

Great hostel in old bell tower buildling for a great price. Place was very clean and safe as only guests could get past the front door. Very helpful and friendly manager.

Thanks so much for the great compliments and positive points about the hostel. I'm glad that I was helpful to you at reception. :-)

• adairmardi
  • Australia, Female, 41+
27th Jul 2016

I was delighted with the hostel, the host the other travellers and the services. I will promote it widely and look forward to my next visit.

Wow. Goodness gracious me. Thank you so much.