Arthouse Hostel

Very Good 656 Total Reviews

• Australia, Couple, 41+
14th Mar 2017
8.0

Comfortable accommodation, good security, central location and lovely old (renovated) building. My only comments would be that the showers nd stoves could have been cleaner. Otherwise an enjoyable stay and excellent value for money!

Thanks for taking the time to comment and rate us. The bathrooms are about to get a spring (autumn) clean and I will let housekeeping know to have a good look at the ovens. Thanks for the input.

10th Mar 2017

Great stay at the Arthouse, only suggestion would be lockers. As usual, minority of guests unclear on the hostel concept and don't clean up enough.

Thanks for the great rating and comments. Yes, it is only a few few people who don't clean up after themselves, but we do understand that it impacts the majority. We work on that continually.

25th Feb 2017
4.3

The staff was one girl with minimal interest. The locations was a walk to anything you would want to see/do and the entire hostel was filthy. When I first got my bed I noticed it was really dirty and the girl just assumed it wasn't cleaned yet!!! She was less than thrilled to get me clean sheets. they also gave away beds to new arrivals when the previous guest hadn't even checked out yet, which left at lest one person without a bed each night is my stay.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
23rd Feb 2017

Really great place to stay in Launceston, the house is a beautiful old building and the staff were super friendly. Kitchen and dining room was comfortable and easy to hang out in. Rooms were good as well, my ONLY problem was that my bed was quite literally falling apart! I was on the top bunk and when I climbed up for the first time the whole thing creaked and a bar fell off.

Thanks for leaving a review. We would have appreciated it if you told reception that the bed broke. We would have given you a new bed immediately. We found the broken bed after you checked out and it will be fixed or replaced. In the meantime we are not using it obviously.

19th Feb 2017

Gorgeous building, excellent wifi, good service.

Wow, thank you. Our WiFi has 100Mb/s speed regularly, so yes it is better that anywhere else I know.

• England, Female, 25-30
18th Feb 2017

Great hostel! I stayed in a female only dorm in one of the attic rooms...single beds rather than bunks and lots of space. Showers were good. The hostel building is really nice and by the river. Close to the museum which I'd highly recommend. I ended up extending for another 2 nights! Would stay here again!

Thanks very much for the great review and recommendation! We very much appreciate it.

18th Feb 2017
7.4

Better than the average hostel .good location

Thanks for taking the time to rate and review us. We are glad we are "better than average"! :-) We hope you enjoyed the rest of Tassie too.

• Uruguay, Female, 25-30
30th Jan 2017

Very good!

Thanks for the great rating and comment! :-)

27th Jan 2017
8.0

Location was better than expected. Beds are quite uncomfortable and the kitchen could be better equipped but there is a lot of space to hang out and lounge around and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

Thanks for the rating and review. We are glad to have helped. We will locate your room and check the mattresses - it may be time to replace which we do regularly.

24th Jan 2017
6.0

This hostel is in one of the most beautiful buildings in Launceston. It has a nice common area and a big kitchen. The inside is charming but the bathrooms desperately need a deep cleaning and some maintenance work. There is also almost no atmosphere, they don't put on any events even though it would be so easy (group dinners, game night, etc.) so it's a little hard to meet people. The rooms need lockers, especially the ones off the balcony as anyone can walk into them. I would stay again though!

Thanks for taking the time to comment. The bathrooms see very heavy use over summer but are cleaned 3 times per day. I can assure you that 'group dinners, game nights' etc are not very easy at all. And there is free valuable storage at reception. If anyone reads this and is concerned about the "balcony doors", they are lockable and and it is not true that anyone can walk into them. We have not had a case of theft in the near 10 years that we have been open.