7.8
Very Good 585 Total Reviews
7.8
Very Good 585 Total Reviews
Arthouse Hostel Located at 20 Lindsay Street, , Launceston.
Australia
Launceston Tasmania 7250 20 Lindsay Street
78% 585
-41.4302833 147.1369636
    Rooms available

• Sri Lanka, Female, 18-24
15th Aug 2016
8.0

Appreciate that the management set us up for the late arrival because we were travelling from the Bay of Fires and couldn't make it in during the office hours. We got two blankets each, it was a thoughtful gesture since it was during the winter. We found that the toilets were a little dirty, and my friend found several strands of dark hair on her mattress and bed sheets (she's a blonde). We only paid $15 per person, so you could say it was worth the money!

Thanks for taking the time to rate and review us. I can assure everyone that the bathrooms are cleaned twice per day during winter, and 3 times per day during summer. Unfortunately after reception goes home there may possibly be a mess left that we will not be aware of until the next day - so late arrivals may see a mess. But there are many bathrooms at the hostel - some on each floor. The sheets are removed, washed and clean sheets are placed on every single bed, I assure you the sheets are clean. $15 is awesome value, but I assure you we do not cut corners with a cut price. Every bathroom and bed is kept as clean as possible no matter what price we charge.

1st Aug 2016
7.4

Great hostel in old bell tower buildling for a great price. Place was very clean and safe as only guests could get past the front door. Very helpful and friendly manager.

• adairmardi
  • Australia, Female, 41+
27th Jul 2016

I was delighted with the hostel, the host the other travellers and the services. I will promote it widely and look forward to my next visit.

Wow. Goodness gracious me. Thank you so much.

• Australia, Female, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
23rd Jul 2016
7.7

Fairly quiet when I was there. Short reception hours during winter were inconvenient as there were times I needed to contact reception. Lovely old building. Comfortable beds. No lockers in rooms. Very cold in rooms at night, electric heaters are provided in rooms.

Reception is open from 9am - 6pm. There is also the emergency contact number left at reception every night. We also would have been happy to call you during the day, respond to an email or Facebook message. Sorry that you found our open hours inconvenient, but during Winter, we either reduce the hours of close for 3 months.

• England, Female, 25-30
16th Jul 2016
7.7

Great facilities and clean bathrooms but very cold with not much of an atmosphere. I think the inside of the building could do with a renovation. The location was good as it was only a 10 minute walk into town.

Thanks for taking the time to comment. During Winter it is hard to create atmosphere when we are seasonally quiet, but we do try to encourage movie nights, etc. And I'd like to point out to any who read this that the rooms have plenty of heating, and we have spare heaters if needed.

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
4th Jul 2016
7.1

Good value for money, and a little sleepy during winter. We had a private room which was a bit dusty (sheets as well), and the shower head in the ladies bathroom did not stay up right. It's a good place to stay with very helpful staff, and in a good location (although grocery shopping is a good 15 minute walk away).

Thanks for taking the time to rate and review us. I can't imagine why the room/sheets would have been dusty, but we would have changed them immediately had you mentioned it to us. And I can't locate a faulty shower head - although it possible someone tightened the nut and fixed it after you used it. I am glad you found us to be helpful, we enjoy working in this industry and Tassie is an easy place to show people around! Thanks for staying.

• Ireland, Female, 18-24
1st Jul 2016
8.0

Hostel is in a lovely old building, it could easily pass for a fancy hotel. All rooms were quite clean and mine (1st floor) even had a balcony. Kitchen is very bare-bones but does have everything you need. Sitting room was taken up by some older guests watching TV so couldn't really use it without butting in on them. I had after-hours check-in, and their instructions were very straightforward and easy to follow. Great location near the museum, river, walking distance to Cataract Gorge.

Thanks for a great review! We occasionally get some people who are hooked on favorite TV programs, and sorry about that. We are glad the late-night procedure was simple and easy to follow, and you enjoyed our location with all the features nearby. Thanks for staying, and safe travels!

• Australia, Male, 41+
30th Jun 2016
8.0

If you are looking for a economical stay on your next Tasmanian holiday we stayed in the shared dormitory. Using the Arthouse hostel as an overnighter, to get organised for our week long Overland Track Hike at Cradle Mountain. Purchased our camping food, ect. before starting out from here. Staff were so helpful and friendly... they even gave us free Shellite fuel for our camping stoves to use on our hike. Fantastic value for money, with very friendly atmosphere, and handy location.

Thanks for the great ratings and review. We are more than happy to help, and the Shellite, Metho and gas is thanks to past guests leaving extra behind - but we are happy to take credit! :-)

• USA, Female, 25-30
14th Jun 2016

I have stayed at many hostels and I always mean to write a review yet I have never found them time. I am making time for this hostel. It was the best hostel I've stayed in. The owner was extremely helpfully in plan and organize my trip around Tasmania. Idk why anyone would choice to stay at a different hostel. Plus free wifi

Wow, thanks. I am Peter the owner and it is great to read that I have helped someone have a great time around Tassie. I chose to be in this industry because it is what I love, and I chose Tassie because it is an amazing place.

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
11th Jun 2016
5.4

Really cold and bad customer service. Staff failed to pass on a message of our later than stated arrival and we ended up with no beds on the night of arrival. Our friend allowed us to have one of their beds as there was no way of contacting the staff out of hours - which is illegal. When we asked for a refund for them the next morning, the staff member gave a lot of attitude as if we shouldn't have stayed even though we booked, paid a deposit and communicated that we would be arriving later.