Arthouse Hostel Reviews

20 Lindsay Street, Launceston, Australia

nice helpful staff hostel in a good location clean and tidy

I loved the hostel, it was clean, easy to find and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. I'll happily stay there again.

• 8th Aug 2015

Thank you so much ... and we would be happy to have you stay again! :-)

The room rates are very competitive. They are lower than those of YHAs in Australia. It also does not charge any fee for wifi. The kitchen has good facilities. It has a big dining room. The staff are friendly and helpful.

Thank you so much for the amazing compliments and high ratings!

Great stay, staff very helpful!

Thanks for the compliments and high ratings. It makes our job worthwhile! We are very happy you found us helpful and hope we made a positive difference to your Tasmanian journey.

Beautiful building and a good location - not too far from CBD but peaceful. Staff went above and beyond to help us settle in and plan our trip. Comfortable with good facilities.

Thanks so much for the high ratings and great review. We really appreciate you taking the time to rate and comment.

The architecture was vintage and beautiful. Staff was helpful and friendly. The room was basic, with the necessities - sheets and blanket provided. Free wifi was good, bath room was clean. Though the location is across the river (opposite from the city), it was nice quiet spot and provides you a nice walk across the river each time you get to the city centre.

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comprehensive and complimentary review. I think it really helps people get to know us through a travelers eyes. Did you know that boardwalk on the river in front of us leads all the way from Cataract Gorge to Heritage Forest!

Thank you Grant for a fantastic stay at Arthouse! My partner and I had three nights in a double room in June 2015. Grant showed us friendly hospitality, giving us all the information we needed about Launceston with a suggested itinerary and tourist map. Our room was well fitted with furniture and the double bed fully set with linen, and as many extra blankets as needed from reception. The kitchen was well-equipped and the lounge area had plenty of space. Recommended!!

• 19th Jun 2015

WOW. Thanks so much. Grant will really appreciate the mention and I thank you for the rest of those amazing compliments. It makes our day when we have had such a positive difference to someones stay in Tasmania.

Had a great stay in the double bedroom - close to the footy ground too

Yes, very close to Aurora stadium. We are an excellent option for any AFL followers. Thanks for the high ratings and review.

The man at the front desk was very helpful and nice. Will definitely recommend the Arthouse to my friends wanting to visit Launceston in the future.

Thanks you Kelly, that was me! :-) Very happy to help and thanks for the comments and high ratings.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Kitchen is excellent as are the washing machine and dryer.

• 11th May 2015

Thanks for the comments and ratings. Our washing machines get a work out each year with Overland Track mud and dirt!

Beautiful building, close to town, friendly staff. Atmosphere was a bit disappointing as there weren't many people.

Thanks Emma. It is a bit hard in Winter with not too many people. We often do movie and popcorn nights, or mulled wine - all free of course. Sorry we didn't do it on your night.

The hostel was in a good location and close to town. They gave us a free upgrade to a smaller dorm room because there were not many bookings at the time. The staff seemed friendly and approachable. They were happy to answer any questions we had. The hostel is located in an old building and the age showed. If there are many more people staying there, there might not be enough showers for everyone. The mattresses and pillows were not the most comfortable, but I would probably stay there again.

I quite like to see rooms have a small locker for a little extra security for passports/camera/ect. but saying that the atmosphere in the hostel never really made me concerned about my stuff.

Thanks for taking the time to comment and also review us highly. We do not have lockers in the hostel/rooms, but we do offer free storage of any valuables at reception. In saying that, we have not had a single incidence of theft from a guest room in the 10 years that we have been open! You intuition was spot on :-)

I love how spacious the kitchen is, with plenty of utensils to accommodate everyone. The newly renovated girls' shower room is also spacious and clean...it felt too good to be true for a backpackers hostel. The spaciousness also extends to the rooms: A fair amount of walking space, compared to many backpackers that try to cramp as many bunks into one room as possible. Definitely had a good night's rest here.

Thanks so much! We do try to make the rooms comfortable for space. We ourselves never liked staying in cramped backpackers when traveling!

I think the bed was the best I've ever slept in! Would definitely stay again.

• 27th Apr 2015
  • jannehar

Thanks so much for the high ratings and that amazing compliment! I don't know what to say but thanks again.

Nice place, feels more like a hotel than a hostel but is very homely. Comfy sofas in the common area. Clean but the windowsills in the dorm need a clean as there was quite the collection of cobwebs and dead insects there! Good wifi, cheery staff that care about the guests, handy location. Lockers would be appreciated.

Thanks for the compliments and we will look after the window sills. The WiFi is now on the NBN so we get amazing speeds and of course it is totally free and unrestricted.

The fellow on reception was helpful and cheerful. This was a handy place to stay for a night. Both nights we stayed the person who shared our room was good.

Thanks for the compliment - I am that fellow at reception! :-)

Loved the rooms, and great kitchen setup. However, did not find the shower super clean .... All in all good value for $$. Great location as well.

Ahh, we will check the showers thanks. During winter the cold walls build up condensation and we have to keep on top of it. Glad you liked the rest of it and thanks for the good ratings.

The facilities were great and the staff was very nice. We were supposed to be going into an 8 share bedroom but we were upgraded to a 5 bedroom and it was perfect! We got there after checkin hours and they had an envelope with out keys and further instructions to feel welcome.

Thanks for the highest rating! The upgrade was out pleasure - we do it when we can. And It's great to hear that the late night procedures are working well. Thanks

Really nice place. The room was a little messed up, with a lot of things on the floor. But not hostel fault. Beautiful building. Recommend Arthouse for your stay.

I think Room 13 had some workers staying in it for a few days and yes, we had to get them to clean up! Sorry for that. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and your recommendation is appreciated.