Very Good 553 Total Reviews
Very Good 553 Total Reviews
Arthouse Hostel Located at 20 Lindsay Street, , Launceston.
Australia
Launceston Tasmania 7250 20 Lindsay Street
77% 553
-41.4302833 147.1369636
    Rooms available

• China, Female, 18-24
17th Apr 2016

Nice place and worth staying!

Thanks so much for the great ratings and lovely comment. :-)

• Australia, Female, 25-30
31st Mar 2016
3.4

I would not recommend staying in this hostel. I have stayed in hostels all over the world and this would have to be the dirtiest hostel I've ever stayed in. The bedroom floors were dusty and covered in hair and the curtains had stains on them. The shower walls were covered with dark mould and the shower had not been cleaned in some time. There were people listening to music and singing in the courtyard until 3:00 am which kept a few people awake.

The same people who kept you awake until 3.00am are the same people that were pigs in the hostel. Sorry you were exposed to this, and we DID KICK THEM OUT. Their behavior is not acceptable. It is unfortunate that you have given us such a low rating because of other guests, but we understand.

• England, Female, 18-24
27th Mar 2016

Good hostel with super helpful staff, offered us loads of advice on places to visit. Also a good place to meet people with a nice communal area, would definitely stay here again.

Thank you so much for the great rating, lovely comments and appreciation of our help. We hope you had a great time around Tassie.

23rd Mar 2016

Generally a really good stay, everyone was very friendly, beds were comfy, wifi was fantastic & you could watch dvds in the common area with others. Location is very close to centre & main Art Gallery. The only thing that lets it down slightly is the kitchen & bathroom cleanliness.

Thanks for the the great rating and compliments. We have kicked out the people who were pigs in the kitchen, and that has improved things greatly. It is rare to get a bunch like that, and sorry it happened during your stay.

3rd Mar 2016
7.7

Could use a new floor mat in the bathroom every day. Needs new paint. Room 14 had a door to the balcony, which we left open for air at night. It also meant there was no security when we did that. The exit door from the garden to the street had a broken lock, so there was no security. The work table in the kitchen should be twice as wide. The space around it is large, so it would be easy to enlarge. The kitchen floors could be a lot cleaner. The rooms were very clean.

Thanks for taking the time to comment. The bath mats ARE replaced every day. The room 14 door has a 2nd spot to secure it open but with a small gap which is secure from entry. The garden door is not a security door, it's a fire exit door - there is entry up the driveway as well, but there are locks on the door to the building of course. Again, the kitchen floors get cleaned TWICE per day.

• Germany, Male, 18-24
29th Feb 2016
6.9

The room I stayed in was nice and I loved the direct access to the veranda where you could hang out with other people or just read a book. The only really negative thing about this hostel is the kitchen. There is just one single sink which makes the kitchen an absolute mess after everyone's had his dinner. You could hardly find a spot to cook your dinner between 7 - 9. Not many showers either!! Apart from that Arthouse has a pretty good atmosphere

Thanks for commenting. The kitchen is not normally a problem, but a current batch of 'workers' have monopolized the kitchen with group meals and not keeping it tidy. We are sorry you experienced that and we ARE on top of them now. Thanks for the compliments!

• Canada, Couple, 25-30
26th Feb 2016
7.1

We only stayed for one night (just over 12 hours) so we can't say much; this is strictly based off a first impression.

Even though you only stayed for 12 hours, thanks for staying and taking the time to rate and comment.

• ascreato9550
  • Canada, Male, 18-24
20th Feb 2016

Fun spot for a night. Good kitchen facilities, social dining area and great showers. Glad I stopped over here overnight!

And we were very happy to have you stay here! Thanks for the great ratings and taking the time to comment.

• Australia, Male, 41+
12th Feb 2016
8.0

I love hanging out at the place and just having a good time. I haven't been there before but it was two stories an the steps were awesome. the best time I had was when I saw a tree fall over and then I went to bed. It was sick lunging darts on the balcony and havin beers out the front. Launy is a wicked place and the pubs were mad. I was by me self but I met a lovely lady and we hung out for the night. I didn't seal he deal but I got her number hopefully I'll return one day

I'm glad you had a good time at the Arthouse, and thanks for the high ratings.

19th Jan 2016
6.6

Quiet hostel with nice people. The kitchen is small and the rooms doesn´t have a locker. The location is close to the Boags brewery and Cataract Gorge is a walk of 15 to 20 min. Coles and Kmart is 15 min away. You can relax there really good. But unfortunately the hostel is a long walk away from the centre. Nice personal which helps you pretty good.