Arthouse Hostel Reviews

20 Lindsay Street, Launceston, Australia

Good hostel!

The staff were very helpful. It's only that we had a very moody and strange dorm mate.

• 10th Dec 2014
  • Malaysia

Fantastic place to stay!!! Great location andandf simply ththge best and most helpful staff!

Wifi is capped and unreliable.

The FREE WiFi has an allowance of 15 gigabyte per day. We find it very highly reliable unless on rare occasion it is all used up. It is actually the same network we use at reception.

its a nice hostel.. staff is really friendly.. atmosphere was a little weird there.. but all in all its ok

Loved this hostel and the wonderful staff, great place to stay!

Loved the hostel. Great atmosphere, great staff. You can walk over to the Museum and catch the Tiger Shuttle anywhere around town, super convenient; though we did only use it when we got tired as the hostel is close to the main street anyway.

The environment is quite clean. The staffs are really nice and patient. The kitchen is average, not extremely clean but ok. Location is a little bit far from CBD takes about 10~15 minutes to walk there.

The ONLY downside I could possibly find to this extremely affordable and cosy hostel, was that only 1 unisex toilet stall was available on the ground floor, as the other one had a broken light. Otherwise: very well run hostel, with a friendly atmo!

• 23rd Nov 2014

The arthousehostel is the loveliest hostel i've ever been to. The people are very friendly and staff courteous. There us free wifi, popcorn for watching TV, a courtyard with herbgarden, free coffee... If I come back to launceston I'lll definetely stay there again!

• 20th Nov 2014

The staff is super friendly and very helpful. Nice communal areas so it is easy to meet other travellers. I booked one night and ended up staying four, because the place is so nice! I had a great time here and definitely recommend this hostel.

• 17th Nov 2014

Thanks so much Anna. I hope your trip to Hobart today is as good as Launceston (and I hope Martins bag doesn't break on you!). Come and visit us again.

Nice big hostel with lots of character. Clean, good facilities and within walking distance to some great bars and pubs. Grant on the reception desk was particularly friendly and helpful and went out of his way to give us a warm welcome and some great tips about where to go and what to see in Launceston.

• 17th Nov 2014

Thank you so much for the high ratings and great comments. We are very happy that you have a great time with us here and in Launceston. Grant certainly does have good tips for bars, etc ... he spends a lot of time researching the best drinking holes! :-)

I had a great stay - had booked a six bed dorm but when I arrived the staff member working gave me a four bed dorm where I was the only person in my room which was wonderful. He also gave me a free towel and was very helpful giving me instructions and a map on how to get around. The bathrooms were very clean - I stayed on the ground floor and snuck up to the top level where there was no one and had the bathroom all to myself. Thanks for a great stay

• 5th Nov 2014

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and the upgrade, etc. We do try to spread people out if we have the space. The bathrooms upstairs are certainly very nice and have those great views over the historic Inveresk. I enjoy going up there for the views (and sunsets) myself. Thank you so much for the recognition of our efforts and the great compliments.

Super friendly staff, very clean, well located, doors are locked at night, free wifi !!

Thank you so much for the high ratings and compliments. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and hope that you enjoyed the rest of your Tassie adventure! :-)

Good location and excellent staff (Jozie being ridiculously cute helped!) who were very welcoming and super helpful and proactive, making sure I was getting the most out of my stay. Room was basic but clean and comfortable. I'd definitely recommend it.

Thanks so much. Jozie is definitely ridiculously cute with a captivating chirpy character. What a gal. Thanks for the compliments and high ratings. Going into summer it is great to know that we are getting it right.

Great hostel, lovely staff, great value for money

I love this hostel! The owner Grant is so nice, and really wants all the guests to be comfortable and have a good time. On cool nights he leaves out extra duvets to make sure no one's cold, on nice days he sometimes buys a flat of beer to sell to guests for $2/beer. When he saw my friend and I pouring wine into a mug, he went and got us wine glasses. Besides that, the building is also really nice, it's an old beautiful hotel with balconies, fireplaces and lovely wooden staircases. Stay here! =]

What can I say ... thank you so much. I think you have captured exactly what we try to do here. It is great to know that our efforts are noticed and appreciated!

Good location, friendly helpful staff and good kitchen facilities. But the dorms have no storage which makes rooms crowded. And the rooms aren't very clean (probably related to having everyone's gear strewn around). Also no lockers to secure valuables and only one light per room. Final gripe is having intolerant long term travelers staying in dorms - if they can't deal with room mates, they should get a job and a share house!

All Excellent

Thanks so much for the great ratings and comment. We are very happy to have helped you enjoy your trip to Tassie.

I arrived with no idea where to go in Tasmania, but was shown by the helpful staff the beat places in the time I had. The hostel has a really great feel to it and the owners have really made an effort to make it feel like a home from home. Kitchen is a decent size, hostel is cleaned regularly, films available at reception, wifi available. Stayed there an extra night and met alot of interesting people. Dorm room was huge. Highly recommended.