Arthouse Hostel Reviews

20 Lindsay Street, Launceston, Australia

Great stay, staff very helpful!

Beautiful building and a good location - not too far from CBD but peaceful. Staff went above and beyond to help us settle in and plan our trip. Comfortable with good facilities.

Thanks so much for the high ratings and great review. We really appreciate you taking the time to rate and comment.

Had a great stay in the double bedroom - close to the footy ground too

Yes, very close to Aurora stadium. We are an excellent option for any AFL followers. Thanks for the high ratings and review.

The man at the front desk was very helpful and nice. Will definitely recommend the Arthouse to my friends wanting to visit Launceston in the future.

Thanks you Kelly, that was me! :-) Very happy to help and thanks for the comments and high ratings.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Kitchen is excellent as are the washing machine and dryer.

• 11th May 2015

Thanks for the comments and ratings. Our washing machines get a work out each year with Overland Track mud and dirt!

Beautiful building, close to town, friendly staff. Atmosphere was a bit disappointing as there weren't many people.

Thanks Emma. It is a bit hard in Winter with not too many people. We often do movie and popcorn nights, or mulled wine - all free of course. Sorry we didn't do it on your night.

The hostel was in a good location and close to town. They gave us a free upgrade to a smaller dorm room because there were not many bookings at the time. The staff seemed friendly and approachable. They were happy to answer any questions we had. The hostel is located in an old building and the age showed. If there are many more people staying there, there might not be enough showers for everyone. The mattresses and pillows were not the most comfortable, but I would probably stay there again.

I quite like to see rooms have a small locker for a little extra security for passports/camera/ect. but saying that the atmosphere in the hostel never really made me concerned about my stuff.

I love how spacious the kitchen is, with plenty of utensils to accommodate everyone. The newly renovated girls' shower room is also spacious and clean...it felt too good to be true for a backpackers hostel. The spaciousness also extends to the rooms: A fair amount of walking space, compared to many backpackers that try to cramp as many bunks into one room as possible. Definitely had a good night's rest here.

I think the bed was the best I've ever slept in! Would definitely stay again.

• 27th Apr 2015
  • jannehar

Nice place, feels more like a hotel than a hostel but is very homely. Comfy sofas in the common area. Clean but the windowsills in the dorm need a clean as there was quite the collection of cobwebs and dead insects there! Good wifi, cheery staff that care about the guests, handy location. Lockers would be appreciated.

The fellow on reception was helpful and cheerful. This was a handy place to stay for a night. Both nights we stayed the person who shared our room was good.

Loved the rooms, and great kitchen setup. However, did not find the shower super clean .... All in all good value for $$. Great location as well.

The facilities were great and the staff was very nice. We were supposed to be going into an 8 share bedroom but we were upgraded to a 5 bedroom and it was perfect! We got there after checkin hours and they had an envelope with out keys and further instructions to feel welcome.

• 10th Apr 2015
  • Peru

Really nice place. The room was a little messed up, with a lot of things on the floor. But not hostel fault. Beautiful building. Recommend Arthouse for your stay.

• 5th Apr 2015

close to coles, Kmart. no public transit near by. it takes 10-15mins to transit centre (cornwall square) by feet. unique place to stay. decoration different from the other hostel. (good different)

• 4th Apr 2015
  • Taiwan

the kitchen needs more garbage cans or have the ones that you do have emptied more often. The handles on the kitchen sink kept falling off and need to be replaced or secured.

I must admit that I am a bit surprised that you didn't mention those when you were here for the first 3 days and didn't mention them when you extended your booking for 2 more days, and didn't mention them when you came back today to say "hi". Thanks for staying with us but next time please try to be constructively critical.

Such a wonderful stay at the Arthouse Hostel! The guy who runs is (sorry - don't know your name!) was so helpful and made time to give lots of advice, he makes everyone popcorn when it's time for a movie too! I felt welcome and comfortable. So enjoyable and really easy to get to the park, Gorge or centre of Launceston from there! Friendly atmosphere and I love the bell tower! Thank you. I would definitely recommend this hostel and if I ever come back to Tasmania, I'll stay here again.

There is mold in the showers and large, visible, accumulations of dust below the beds. The walls are paper thin so you will hear everything from the hallway in your room and visa versa. It is an old building, but with some TLC it could be a heck of a lot nicer.

I have spoken to housekeeping about the dust. She had already sorted it but thanks for the tip. The showers do not have mold, they have stains and are a couple of weeks away from being re-painted/re-siliconed (read previous comment). The walls are 2 layers of lathe and plaster over a timber frame - classic 1888 construction. The doors are solid timber, not hollow core. Thanks for taking the time to comment - it was a pleasure having you stay here.

Super helpful staff, friendly people, excellent toilet and shower facilities! Will definitely stay again

Thanks very much and I hope you enjoyed the Overland Track. I didn't get to speak to you much afterwards!

« first « Prev 1 2 3