Arthouse Hostel Reviews

20 Lindsay Street, Launceston, Australia

Wonderful service and we enjoyed our stay at both places

• 25th Jan 2015
  • India

I loved watching 'Bridesmaids' on DVD on the huge TV and drinking wine out of real wine glasses with the girls :-) Thank you very much, I had a really relaxing evening after some exhausting travelling!

Haha, that's great. Thanks for staying with us and we are very happy you enjoyed your stay.

was met by super nice staff that anwsered all our questions. room was clean. there was acouple of different bathrooms, it did the trick for a 1 night stay

Friendly staff and pretty clean hostel, but the bed mattress was a little uncomfortable. However it was good value for one night's stay.

Thanks for leaving a nice honest comment and high ratings. We have found your room and will check the mattresses today. We have spares, so will replace any that we find that are not good. Thanks for letting us know.

The hostel was really good, it was the perfect place to fully enjoy the beautiful town of Launceston. We had a twin room which was really spacious and bright. Absolutely recommended.

Nice hostel in a lovely old building. Staff were friendly and helpful. Not far from the city centre and the gorge. Pretty quiet place at night, which is nice if you're getting up early to head out exploring Tasmania. People staying there were friendly and social, but it definitely wasn't a party hostel.

Thanks so much. We couldn't have asked for a better, more accurate review of what we are trying to achieve here. We love what we do, and guests like you make it all worthwhile. Thanks for staying with us.

Might be time to get some more forks and spoons, it was a daily hunt to find some!

I think all our cutlery went camping! But we have topped up our cutlery and crockery now, thanks for letting us know.

We only stayed one night in a private bedrooms. The building is a little old, its not ultra clean but certainly clean enough for a backpackers. There was a private shower room, toilets were clean (and available). The manager in duty was very welcoming, and the view over Launceston from the top of the building is good. About 15mins walk from the central Launceston area. Plenty of onstreet parking out the front.

Thanks for taking the time to leave such a comprehensive review and rate us so well. We really appreciate it and it makes our efforts worthwhile.

suitably out of town but just ten minutes walk to supermarket, shops and cafes/bars. Lovely quiet location with 2nd floor balcony to relax on Was just ideal for me :-)

Thanks so much. The balcony has been enjoyed a lot lately with the heat and the afternoon breeze. Glad you enjoyed it!

Stayed only a night so know nothing about the atmosphere but Hostel was clean and Staff very friendly.

An above average hostel with a pretty relaxed atmosphere located in a really old wooden guest house including a wooden balcony and turret. Slightly cramped kitchen but good common areas and passable bathrooms. Really well priced and certainly the best hostel in Launceston. The one things that drove me crazy was no hot water in the ground level guys shower - but I understand the owner is aware of this and having it fixed.

Arthouse is an awesome hostel, where to begin! The staff are excellent, help me look for work in the local area and have me lots of useful information on the local area. Facilites are excellent and feels like a home from home. - Mitch, Scotland

• 31st Dec 2014
  • Scotland

Thanks Mitch. You are a great bloke and we enjoyed you being here. I hope the rest of Tassie is treating you well.

The rooms and bathrooms were clean and had everything I needed, and the receptionist was very helpful in directing me to the gorge and I know I could go to him with any questions and he would do his level best to assist me.

• 30th Dec 2014

Thanks so much Lauren. You are due back today so I hope I am as much help as Grant was when you stayed last.

Initially didnt seem very promising but incredibly friendly girl behind reception sorted that. Good advice on places to eat and drink as well. Room was pretty much what we expected and clean. The lack of off street parking is probably the only real bad point, our hire car got egged the nigth we stayed.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay here, even given that your car got egged?? I have never heard of that happening. Sorry to hear that it happened here.

A beautiful building and it feels like you're staying in a big mansion. I had a single room which was very spacious. Very friendly staff and a great, huge kitchen.

Thanks for the great review and high ratings. We very much appreciate the compliment to our efforts.

Dirty hostel, no free breakfast, flies flying around the kitchen area. Launceston is a dud of a town, avoid and spend more time in Hobart.

We are not a dirty hostel, we do not advertise a free breakfast, Launceston is not a dud of a town and is definitely worth visiting.

Great guy behind reception, was more than happy to help with all of our enquiries, seemed to really enjoy his job!

• 26th Dec 2014

Thanks for the compliment! I do really enjoy my job - so much so that I bought a backpacker hostel!! :-)

We were eaten alive by bed bugs.

• 25th Dec 2014

Our sincere apologies. Thank you for letting us know. No hostel can stop bed bugs coming in of course, but we can do something about it once we know they are there. We immediately shut the room down and sprayed very thoroughly, then sprayed again, then fumigated. Then we spray again and mop, wipe, vacuum, clean and check. Then after a few days we spray again, then again and THEN we are done.

The Art House is located close to the Gorges and the Seaside so it was very easy to find nice seafood around. It is also located on the edge of the city, which makes it very accessible by foot. The rooms are generally very nice and clean. There were lots of common areas for people to relax or watch a movie. The staff there were extremely friendly and very helpful. We had a few disrespectful people staying in the room and the room was close to the road so it was a little loud.

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a comprehensive comment, and thank you also for the high ratings. You have said everything that we would like people to know about our hostel - not perfect, but we try really hard! :-)

No locks for stuff... heaps of mold in the showers, loud beds, lots of dust on the floor. But the staff was awesomely gentle and the hostel is very nostalgic and in general I can recommend it.

Thanks for the tips. We will tighten the beds in room 16 today to make sure they are quiet again. And I will make sure the housekeeper gets a big rev for the cleanliness. Sorry for that, and we will fix those things.

« first « Prev 1 2 3