Arthouse Hostel Reviews

20 Lindsay Street, Launceston, Australia

Good location, friendly helpful staff and good kitchen facilities. But the dorms have no storage which makes rooms crowded. And the rooms aren't very clean (probably related to having everyone's gear strewn around). Also no lockers to secure valuables and only one light per room. Final gripe is having intolerant long term travelers staying in dorms - if they can't deal with room mates, they should get a job and a share house!

All Excellent

• 7th Oct 2014
  • Hong Kong

Thanks so much for the great ratings and comment. We are very happy to have helped you enjoy your trip to Tassie.

Pretty basic place, but I would stay again. It's cheap, relatively clean - it will do for Launceston.

Thanks for taking the time to review and comment, and we would love you to stay again. I will take the clean compliment myself this time because housekeeping was sick last weekend and I had to do the job myself! Again I learned respect for the work they do, and I am happy to hear that I did a reasonable job! :-)

Was very Happy with my stay The staff are fantastic and friendly And the location is good as it walking Distance to every were

• 24th Sep 2014

Thanks so much for you comments. We pride ourselves on our friendly & knowledgeable staff and it's always great to hear feedback. You're absolutely right: we are an easy walk to everything & the view across the river to the city is just a bonus :)

I really enjoyed staying at Arthouse. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The building also has a nice charm that you don't usually get at a typical hostel. For anyone coming to Launceston I would highly recommend staying there.

Thank you so much for the comments and high ratings. We really sincerely enjoy doing what we do, and having you enjoy your stay at the Arthouse and in Tasmania makes everything worthwhile.

Great place with friendly staff - even in the middle of winter!

Thanks! We are glad you enjoyed the Arthouse even in the middle of Winter. Thanks for staying with us and taking the time to rate and review us.

Great, friendly staff and lovely décor!

Thank you so much for the lovely comments and high ratings. The Arthouse was built in 1888 and we have tried to keep as much as we can feeling comfortable and classic - except for the bathrooms which are modern! We are glad you liked it.

Great staff really helpful and really nice.

Thanks so much for the great ratings and comments. We really do enjoy helping people like yourself - and who wouldn't enjoy giving advice for people to enjoy this beautiful place. We hope to see you again Hamish - travel safe.

The staff there are really friendly. It was really nice of them to leave me a room key and all sheets needed with a candy. The staff there are really helpful and would like to give advises for your trip.

• 13th Jul 2014
  • Hong Kong

Thank you so much for the high ratings and lovely comments. We all love Tassie here, so it is a pleasure to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and found our advice helpful.

Pete (the receptionist) was an amazing help. We had a loose itinerary for things to do around Launceston but he really helped provide us with a realistic itinerary/ the best places to see not only around Launceston but around Tasmania. He would be the reason why i stay there again. The free WiFi was also awesome too. The only negative was that the heater in the room did not do much. It often got really cold at night.

• 3rd Jun 2014

Wow, thank you so much. It is a real pleasure for me (Pete!) to help with itineraries. I travel around Tasmania as much as I can and I get a real kick out of sharing experiences and stories with people like yourselves. Thanks for the comments great ratings - and I have heard you with the heater and placed a 2nd heater in both Room 13 (yours) and 16 (lots of windows there too). They should be toasty now.

Thanks to the friendly staff, Deb who gave us many useful information. The house and facilities are beautiful and nice. Really enjoy staying at Art House.

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • Taiwan

Thank you so much for the great ratings and lovely comments. We are very happy to have helped you enjoy your Tasmanian journey.