Arthy's Guesthouse Reviews

Avenida Montes N� 693, La Paz, Bolivia

Very, very clean toilets and bathrooms. The water pressure in the shower wasn't very good. Bedroom was spacious and really glad there was a mirror and a window we could open. Even though it's on the busiest street, there was hardly any noise in the room - fantastic! Beds were super comfy and had two pillows!! Best sleep in weeks. Staff were helpful and the hostel was very secure. I really liked the Salon area with tv and tables. Very easy to find, would highly recommend!

A place to feel at home. More a Hotel Feeling than hostel Feeling. Kitchen facility, friendly staff, very quiet and good sleeping place

The staff was very helpful, the showers were great. We were traveling by bicycle so security was important and there were no problems. A better stove would be a plus. Cheaper places are available but overall a good deal for the price.

• 24th Sep 2015
  • Couple, 41+

The Stuff is very friendly and helpfully. There is a homelike livingroom and as well free wifi. The toilets and the bathrooms are clean. The kitchen is small but has everything you need.

Nice, chilled hostel in La Paz nicely positioned midway between the bus terminal and the Middle of town. Our room was small but very comfortable, the showers were hot and the kitchen was well equipped (if small). Breakfast costs an additional 10BOB. The hostel were very helpful with any requests about the city and were very accommodating in looking after our bags when we went to Coroico for a weekend. A good, safe bet in La Paz and an island of peace in hectic city

Showers were terrible but everything else was pretty great. Warm, safe, comfy beds, secure rooms, no complaints.

• 14th Aug 2015

Lovely staff but it's was always freezing cold. Shower was the worst I have ever had considering the hostel was freezing cold, the floor of the shower room was like ice and the shower itself dribbled out a narrow flow of luke-warm water. I showered every other day as it was so unpleasant. Breakfast was unacceptably terrible, yes it was very cheap (10 Bs) but they should really just charge a bit more and make it better. I feel a little bad leaving these comments as the staff were really nice!!!!!

This hostel is clean and in a good location. The staffs there were very nice and friendly, they all speak English very well and provided me lots of information I needed. At the moment one of a senior staff helped me to carry my big heavy luggage to downstair and got a taxi for me, I was touched. I will choose here again if I come back La Paz.

Nice Hostal with friendly staff, however it felt overpriced when compared to similar accommodation/facilities/location etc. in other comparable large cities.

Good stay for more mature travellers. Staff are very friendly and there is a nice shared common room. Accommodation is a little on the expensive side as breakfast is not included (can be purchased for 10b, but is pretty basic) no ensuite and showers need improving. However, I highly recommend staying at this hostel for its location, friendly staff and relaxed atmosphere.

Nice but pretty basic. Showers were terrible!! Not much power and quite cold. Stayed here after a 3 day salt flats tour with no showers and were not overly impressed! Wifi was good though and the staff were very helpful! Note the midnight curfew - not a party place!

This is a very clean and cosy hostel, the staff all speak excellent English and were very helpful. There is a kitchen available for use and a large communal living/dining area with a TV and DVDs. One of the nicest places we stayed on our trip!

A really excellent place with very, very helpful staff. I was very, very impressed.

Very nice hostel, perfect location (close to bus terminal and food hall and main shopping area). The kitchen facilities are useful and as I was awaiting some results I was thankful for the computer (surprisingly fast). The staff were lovely - helped us book taxis etc. The only thing that would improve this hostel is more powerful showers, but at least the water was nice and warm.

Paid extra for the luxury of a private room - unfortunately was underwhelmed. Internet connection was okay, hot water intermittent in electric showers with tiny shower heads &very little water. Can find equal lodging for less.than half.the price in the surrounding areas.

An absolute oasis in bustling but brilliant La Paz. We ended up booking extra nights after our stay in Madidi national park. It was great to come back to Arthys when we arrived back in La Paz. Basically everything you need for your stay. Highly recommended.

View all La Paz Bed and Breakfasts