Arthy's Guesthouse Reviews

Avenida Montes N� 693, La Paz, Bolivia

Showers were terrible but everything else was pretty great. Warm, safe, comfy beds, secure rooms, no complaints.

• 14th Aug 2015

Lovely staff but it's was always freezing cold. Shower was the worst I have ever had considering the hostel was freezing cold, the floor of the shower room was like ice and the shower itself dribbled out a narrow flow of luke-warm water. I showered every other day as it was so unpleasant. Breakfast was unacceptably terrible, yes it was very cheap (10 Bs) but they should really just charge a bit more and make it better. I feel a little bad leaving these comments as the staff were really nice!!!!!

Nice Hostal with friendly staff, however it felt overpriced when compared to similar accommodation/facilities/location etc. in other comparable large cities.

Good stay for more mature travellers. Staff are very friendly and there is a nice shared common room. Accommodation is a little on the expensive side as breakfast is not included (can be purchased for 10b, but is pretty basic) no ensuite and showers need improving. However, I highly recommend staying at this hostel for its location, friendly staff and relaxed atmosphere.

Nice but pretty basic. Showers were terrible!! Not much power and quite cold. Stayed here after a 3 day salt flats tour with no showers and were not overly impressed! Wifi was good though and the staff were very helpful! Note the midnight curfew - not a party place!

This is a very clean and cosy hostel, the staff all speak excellent English and were very helpful. There is a kitchen available for use and a large communal living/dining area with a TV and DVDs. One of the nicest places we stayed on our trip!

A really excellent place with very, very helpful staff. I was very, very impressed.

Very nice hostel, perfect location (close to bus terminal and food hall and main shopping area). The kitchen facilities are useful and as I was awaiting some results I was thankful for the computer (surprisingly fast). The staff were lovely - helped us book taxis etc. The only thing that would improve this hostel is more powerful showers, but at least the water was nice and warm.

Paid extra for the luxury of a private room - unfortunately was underwhelmed. Internet connection was okay, hot water intermittent in electric showers with tiny shower heads &very little water. Can find equal lodging for less.than half.the price in the surrounding areas.

An absolute oasis in bustling but brilliant La Paz. We ended up booking extra nights after our stay in Madidi national park. It was great to come back to Arthys when we arrived back in La Paz. Basically everything you need for your stay. Highly recommended.

We used Arthy's as a base whilst in La Paz. We loved finding this little gem hidden behind an unassuming yellow door! It's so clean, secure and you definitely feel like you are coming home when staying at Arthy's.

• 22nd May 2015

We stayed here on our first visit to La Paz and it was great....no breakfast, but the street food down the road was the best in Peru and Bolivia that we found. The staff was helpful and their English was perfect. Security was top notch with a locked door and security cameras. This is also about 5-7 minutes walking from the bus terminal, which is perfect if that's your mode of transport. Super clean, quiet, comfortable with a nice communal room. Definitely stay! Hostal Sol Andino was < good

Very helpful staff and a quiet place despite being on a busy street. Comfortable stay and very convenient location.

I really want to highlight the hospitality of the hostel owners - when I arrived as well when I left I felt very welcome and I was even helped with getting a Radio Taxi and the owner brought me down and helped with my luggage - thank you again for this!! I was given great advise in terms of security and where to find good food. The hostel was very clean has a nice and cosy social area - the bed was wonderful too with an excellent mattress. The hostel is close to bus terminal and center.

As per the other comments, this is not a (sigh) party hostel, but for us as a couple, it was a great place to stay. Staff (especially Reuben) were all really helpful, great breakfasts for 10 bobs extra. Rooms were clean, and warm. Really good location, minutes walk to the main squares and markets

Everything you could need is tucked behind the Arty's simple yellow door. Good standard breakfast plenty of space to relax, self cater or meet other travellers. Only downside is the upstairs bedrooms are a flight of stairs away from the bathrooms - surprisingly tough at La Paz altitude.

I felt very safe and secure here. The staff are wonderful and will help in anyway they can with advise etc

• 24th Apr 2015

Located very central at the main street only a few blocks from the action. I had a one bed room, that was weird because there are no big dorms, thus the hostel lacks atmoshpere. Breakfast is not included. Otherwise pretty good for a stay in La Paz, I wasn't spending much time in the room.

The staff were incredibly helpful from the time that we booked in until the time that we left and all spoke excellent English.We really enjoyed our stay there and would recommend Arthys.

The staff at this hostel are fantastic! Very quiet and excellent security. Only problem was the showers... Not very hot. But that is outweighed by how good everything is. Super super clean facilities.

View all La Paz Bed and Breakfasts