Arts Factory Lodge Reviews

Skinners Shoot Rd, Byron Bay, Australia

I really enjoyed my stay at the Arts Factory, it has everything you need, the staff are megga helpful and the location is very central to everything.

• 15th May 2015
  • British Indian Ocean Territory

arts is all about the atmosphere, the price was the highest I paid in all Australia, the room and common areas were clean but the bathroom was not, there were no cups or oven in the kitchen, its out of the town but the shuttle is going all day so location is not an issue. it has a pool and great common areas. The room was not worth the price, a girls only room that didnt have any mirrosr

Cool place, lots going on and. A great locations. The food the sell is good in the bar opposite and delicious smoothies,

• 8th May 2015

Very Nice hostel. Nice vibe, nice people, and nice shuttle bus driver ;)

Arts Factory is one of the most amazing places I have ever stayed in. The jungle is a world of it's own, away from modern day distractions and the whole hostel has an incredible atmosphere and layout. There are plenty of activities such as morning yoga next to the lake, african drumming, bracelet making etc. The bus to town from 10pm till like 3/4am is great and comes every 5/10 mins and they pick you up from the bus stop in town on arrival day. Overall an amazing stay and I hope to return :)

Good atmosphere and the common facilities and parklands are great. The bunk beds are terrible and noisy keeping everyone awake.

No lockers in 4 man dorm, bathrooms felt unclean, didn't want to put my contacts in. The room was very small and got very warm at night. But the atmosphere was good and probably all worth it for the experience of staying there.

The location is a bit out of the way but they have a shuttle bus that runs every 10mins during the night which is good. Every morning I was woken up by loud noises from staff doiing maintenance outside of my room. The kitchen is too small for the amount of ppl staying in the hostel. Every night it was jammed full of people. Travia night and the talent show night were pretty fun.

FUN hostel with lots of character! Other backpackers don't seem to respect common areas too much so I can see why the reception staff has an "so over it" attitude. Upon arrival I checked into my room to find 2 used "unmentionables" near the powerpoints and hairs on my sheets... GROSS!! I asked the guy at reception who took care of it with a half-hearted effort.. left the "unmentionble" wrapper on the floor! Cleanliness wasn't the best but worth staying to experience the Arts Factory's community.

• 9th Apr 2015

Really nice hostel. Great atmosphere and a lot of Nice activities. A perfect hostel if you want to have a good time! The rooms itself were not that great, but not bad either.

you should get a modern water heater

Really good vibe at the hostel, would be great if the rooms had lockers as well

I had a great time and enjoyed the atmosphere there. The beds could have been more comfortable and air conditioner would have helped. Everyone was really helpful aside from one staff with short dark hair who went out of his way to be rude when I asked for a wifi voucher to fill out. Still I recommend it due to the staff and atmosphere.

• 3rd Apr 2015

The kitchen is not clean at all, the staff is rude and not comprehensive, we have to give our passport if we want to use a pan ... The worst backpacker I've ever been.

in a swamp which gives a resly relaxed feeling. so many relaxed people and a good complimentary van to get to town. it is about a ten minute walk but after going out it is most welcome. some of the toilets were out of order multiple times during my stay and pretty grose. i loved my stay here though

This hostel is a great place to stay if you want natural surrounds. With teepees and permanent tents by the pond with bushland settings. And activities such bushland tucker walks and plant bracelet making. But just watch your step with the water dragon/lizards and bush turkeys, who roam throughout the grounds. Also they had the best talent show I ever experienced with musicians, singers, beat-boxers, fire-twirlers and didgeridoo players. And the Byron Bay Brewery is just across the car park.

Great atmosphere at the hostel. Stayed in the Lakeside Cabin which was great - had its own bathroom and mini kitchen. A lot to do at the hostel with different activities every day. Town is very chilled and about a 10 minute walk from hostel but there is a shuttle every day. There's live music everywhere! We had a few problems with the room in which we had to remind reception a few times until something happened. Make sure you bring bug spray, most of us were eaten alive!

I love this place, stayed here 4 years ago and it still has that great atmosphere and vibe. The only problem my friend and I ran into was when booking a skydive the lady at the desk mucked us around no end. She happily booked it and then informed us about a 10% admin fee if cancelled, under a minute later we had a text to say it was cancelled due to bad weather! She shouldnt have booked it up and taken our money in the first place. We are still waiting for a refund 4 days later.

In the room were spider nets everywhere. They started construction outside of our dorm at 6 am which made it impossible to sleep any longer. Construction workers walked in our dorm to use electricity for their tools. When confronting the staff they didnt really care about our complaint.

• 18th Mar 2015

We had a fantastic stay, there was loads to do with great activities, just a fifteen minute walk to town :) only issue on security is the door to our room was left open and my friends kindle was stolen so that was a major negative. But the place was incredible, such great people and the food in the cafe was great price and so good!!