Arusha Hostel Lodge and Adventures (AHLA) Reviews

Ngulelo, Arusha, Tanzania

I was mainly disappointed that I was the ONLY person booked into the hostel (didn't get to meet any fellow travelers). I was also dismayed with the one staff member. All the bedrooms were available (except for mine) and he chose to sleep in the common area... which would have been fine in he were up when I wanted to be up and not 3 hours later. It just felt very awkward.

• 17th Oct 2013

We left 20 minutes after we arrived. There were no other guests around, we had to walk uphill from the road 15 minutes through locals yards and sewage to get there. The amenities would have been similar to staying in a locals hastily built home. The sheets and pillows were very dirty and stained, shower towels were still wet. To top off the random creepiness there was no sign or reception at the place to denote that it was AHLA and the windows in our room were broken out with no mosquito nets!

• 15th Aug 2013

Valle and Justin are super stellar hosts and individuals.

• 28th Jul 2013

A bit surprised that we had to climb a "mountain" to get to the hostel. The view was amazing but that was about the only amazing thing about it!

• 29th Jun 2013
  • Sweden

we stayed one night at AHLA and when we arrived, two bungalows were still under construction. The hostel is not easy to reach, but Justin (manager of AHLA) guides you up and provides you with his self brewed ginger tea. The hostel still needs a lot of work, I think, but Justin is busy with that and when it will be finished, it will look much better. I have to say, Justin is one of the most welcoming people I have ever met, and he will bend over backwards to do anything to help you.

• 5th May 2013

Hi Evelien! Thank you for your comment. AHLA bungalows are officially complete as of this week (5/22) with views of the entire Arusha city! We also completed an outdoor restaurant! You are welcome any time again. It was a pleasure hosting you.