Ashanti Lodge Gardens

8.8
Fabulous 629 Total Reviews

• Australia, Female, 25-30
15th Apr 2017

Really enjoyed my stay, the place was neat and tidy my dorm room was far enough away from the bar and kitchen that the one night there was a party until the early hours of the morning it didn't wake me up. Bed was comfortable and room had a good layout. Your cat is super friendly and got in to the room to sleep when someone left the door open.

14th Apr 2017
8.0

prices is ok. bar people some are nice some are not, receptionists are awesome. beds are ok. had no hot water one morning.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
10th Apr 2017

A great place to stay and meet people! The staff were fun to hangout with, great drink specials and activities. Quiet time at 11pm so it's easy to get to sleep! The rooms are spacious and provide security lockers for your stuff! I would love to return!

• Scotland, Female, 25-30
14th Mar 2017
6.9

Travel agent was incredibly unfriendly, other members of staff couldn't be bothered with you. The bar area is nice. Bathrooms could be cleaner. You have to pay a completely unnecessary deposit of 50R when you check-in for a piece of paper. Absolutely no idea what the benefit of this is, nor do the staff that I asked! This hostel doesn't live up to its reputation, mainly because of the unfriendly staff!

I will certainly have a word with our sales rep and I apologise for her unfriendliness. I find it strange that you mention the other members of staff couldn't be bothered with you as the majority of our guests find them friendly enough. The upstairs showers have recently been renovated and it seems that all dirt shows up really quickly even if we have the cleaners in there multiple times during the day. The bed tag payment of R50 ensures that guests check out! Granted, some people DO forget, but 99% don't. Also - the number on the bed tag is the same number that your reservation is on our computer and ensures that we know exactly who is in what bed i.e our control system.

13th Mar 2017
6.0

The place had everything to be the greatest hostel in CPT, however: - The dorms were not fully equiped (missing power outlets near the beds, for example) - Some showers didn´´'t work properly - Staff not always kind (though they found a lost watch and returned me) - For 2 days, there was a dead cockroach in our room (we had to beg for they to remove it)! But besides that, it is a good place, with a nice swimming pool, bar and good location.

Oh dear - I am so sorry that everything wasn't to your liking. Our building is a Victorian mansion and it is tricky with installing power outlets but we are in the midst of putting USB chargers at every single bed which should help a lot! I am horrified about the dead bug... that should have been removed immediately, so I apologise for that! I trust that you still enjoyed your stay in our wonderful city. Regards Lisa

12th Mar 2017

This place is beautiful. Pictures don't do it justice. Incredibly clean, good food at the bar, two balconies (1 with incredible table mountain view), nice pool, comfy beds, big lockers under the bed (fit my 70L pack). Good atmosphere but not incredible fir solo traveler (but has potential depending on who is there). Decent location. Close to restaurants, grocery store, table mountain and buses to get around

11th Mar 2017

Great hostel for younger people looking to socialize and party. Very clean and professional as well. Awesome staff and crew hanging out by the bar each night. Breakfast isn't free but it is very good !

Thanks for your kind comments - hopefully we will see you back again one day?

9th Mar 2017
3.7

1. I was in one of the 8-bed male dorms. The room had lots of stuff left behind from former guests, like water bottles. Some outlets did not work. Rooms are very hot with inadequate ventilation. 2. I was rudely woken up by one of the staffers in the middle of the night, who accused me of overstaying. After about 15-20 minutes of confusion, it turned out they screwed up someone else's booking. I received no apology for this. 3. It's a party hostel; common areas trashed each night.

I am so sorry about this - I think that there was some kind of overbooking situation and it clearly wasn't handled well. We do have fans and windows in all the rooms, but we did have a couple of VERY hot days. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us.

• NathanielLJ
  • USA, Male, 18-24
4th Mar 2017

Overall I'd say this is a very good place to stay considering the price. Although they get booked very easily, so I would recommend you pay for the amount of time you actually intend to stay. If you're like me, and just try to pay night by night, you'll be kicked out of there in a matter of days!

Oh dear... I am sorry that you felt that you were being kicked out!! It's not a case of paying in advance, but of making the reservation for the nights you need. You can still pay day by day, but we do sometimes become fully booked. I am so sorry about that!

4th Mar 2017

Really great stay here in Cape Town. VERY secure - multiple codes etc to get in. Great food, pool, incredible views, and fun staff. Also just an overwhelming number of resources to help you book things to do in CapeTown. Some of the showers didn't really function well, but that is probably partly due to Cape Town's drought and you could always find one that worked. No complaints! And central location allows you to walk down Kloof etc etc

Hi there! Thanks for your kind comments. We recently installed solar panels on the roof and they seem to have messed with some of the pressure in the showers, but we have it sorted now. Regards, Lisa