Superb 575 Total Reviews
Superb 575 Total Reviews
Ashanti Lodge Gardens Located at 11 Hof Street, Gardens, Cape Town.
South Africa
Cape Town 8001 11 Hof Street, Gardens
91% 575
-33.9330525 18.4124314
    Rooms available

• Canada, Couple, 25-30
11th Jan 2017

Good place to stay in capetown. Safe and secure with security guard patrolling at night. Kloof street is just a block away with really good restaurants and bars.

9th Jan 2017
6.9

Nice hostel with a nice bar. But I had some problems. First, I reserved a room with double bed and got one with twin bed. The guy at the reception just said there was nothing he could do. I paid the full amount on arrival. But they said on two other occasions that I didn't. The pool, one of the main reasons I booked this hostel, was most of the time green as a swamp. I would also suggest some more variability on the Bar´s playlist: hours straight of minimalistic deep house kills every mood.

• Germany, Female, 18-24
2nd Jan 2017

Very nice hostel, especially great staff: Best thing about it was the travel agency inside where Lizette kindly helps you organising trips around CT or even cars (when there are actually no cars left).

Thanks for your great comment s- I will let Lizette know :-)

30th Dec 2016

Great hostel within close proximity to city center. Best facilities I experienced on my trip through Cape Town staying at multiple different hostels.

• pellebthygesen143
  • Denmark, Male, 25-30
30th Dec 2016

So good places to stay. Not last time I will stay there, so good service and friendly people.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

• South Africa, Female, 25-30
19th Dec 2016
3.4

Very very noisy. Staff don't enforce quiet rules. And too much drugs being sold in the hostel to the point where people who don't even stay here come to the bar just to buy weed and hard drugs. That poses a security risk in itself. For the price I paid, I expected much better. And my bed was never made for more than 8 days. They don't clean the rooms if no new guests are checking in. And the kitchen is ridiculously small. The bathrooms are nice but not cleaned Ogden enough for so much traffic.

I am shocked by your comments and will certainly follow up on your points - drugs are not acceptable at Ashanti!! I am sorry if you did not find aspects of your stay enjoyable... most of our other international guests are quite happy. Regards, Lisa

• Hungary, Female, 25-30
27th Nov 2016
5.7

My negative rating goes to the theater going on during the night I was staying. A fight in the hall kept me awake for hours. Crazy woman shouting and crying just at our window as she apperantly had a room in the hostel ( clearly on drugs and alcohol) staff could not handle situation. Kept her shouting and fighting and waking up each one of us in the room. Felt very annoyed and no chance to sleep.

I am so, so sorry that you had a bad experience at Ashanti. Sometimes we do get guests that misbehave and it can be very difficult to manage the situation. So sorry about that! Regards Lisa

• elkeverplancke2413
  • Belgium, Female, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
24th Nov 2016

This hostel has a nice location, in walking distance from many of Cape Town's highlights and vibrant streets such as Kloof Street and Long Street. Bars and restaurants all around. But quiet at night because it's off the main streets. It has a cool swimming pool and clean facilities. Solid hostel!

Good!! I am glad that you enjoyed our location as well as our facilities. Regards Lisa

18th Nov 2016

Nice hostel, amazing atmosphere, 20 min walking from Long Street (not so central). Everybody was friendly with me there and the room was very nice.

Glad you enjoyed your stay - see you again soon one day?

• Germany, Female, 25-30
16th Nov 2016

Great staff, great location, great bar! Good place to stay!;-)

Thanks so much - safe travels!!