Ashanti Lodge Gardens

8.7
Fabulous 644 Total Reviews

16th May 2017
6.3

Dorms smell bad, upstairs bar can be loud if you're sleeping in a dorm beneath.

I am so sorry that you had a smelly dorm - sometimes those unwashed backpackers are gross!!! Sorry about the noise from the bar - it can be loud when there are sporting events on!

• USA, Female, 18-24
1st May 2017

I had a great stay at Ashanti Lodge Gardens. My room was nice, the location is ideal, and the people are awesome. My only complaint would be that the wi-fi connection was sometimes spotty in my dorm room, but that wasn't a big deal. I would definitely recommend Ashanti without reservations.

Thanks so much for your comments. We are currently upgrading our entire wifi connection to fibre so hopefully if you come back again you will find the wifi great!!

• Hong Kong, Male, 25-30
27th Apr 2017

Faculties, staff, location are all good, but don't expect to get much sleep here - the bar is located above the rooms, and the music is loud enough to shake the ceilings, and it doesn't stop until midnight. So don't come here if you want a good night's sleep.

Thanks for your "mostly positive" comments. Sorry about the loud music, but its not always like that... must have been a party when you were there. So sorry.

• Brazil, Male, 31-40
15th Apr 2017
7.4

Tem tudo para ser ótimo. Tirando algumas funcionários do staff que podem ser sem educação.

Obrigado por seus comentários embora I do se sentir que tenho a peço desculpas que você sentida que alguns dos funcionários são "Uneducated".

• Australia, Female, 25-30
15th Apr 2017

Really enjoyed my stay, the place was neat and tidy my dorm room was far enough away from the bar and kitchen that the one night there was a party until the early hours of the morning it didn't wake me up. Bed was comfortable and room had a good layout. Your cat is super friendly and got in to the room to sleep when someone left the door open.

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us!

14th Apr 2017
8.0

prices is ok. bar people some are nice some are not, receptionists are awesome. beds are ok. had no hot water one morning.

Thanks for your comment - I am sorry that that some of the bar people were not so nice. They are supposed to be super friendly with everyone! We did have a problem with the solar heating of the geyser, but that has now been resolved.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
10th Apr 2017

A great place to stay and meet people! The staff were fun to hangout with, great drink specials and activities. Quiet time at 11pm so it's easy to get to sleep! The rooms are spacious and provide security lockers for your stuff! I would love to return!

Please do come and visit us again!

• England, Female, 18-24
19th Mar 2017
6.9

Nice hostel with nice dorm rooms. However, I found the staff somewhat unapproachable sometimes, rarely getting a smile back in the mornings etc. I didn't venture into the kitchen as there was no space anywhere for any fridge food. The social area/bar was nice though, and the bar staff were a lot friendlier. The use of the safes in the rooms was the best aspect of the hostel in my opinion. Definitely room for improvement

• Scotland, Female, 25-30
14th Mar 2017
6.9

Travel agent was incredibly unfriendly, other members of staff couldn't be bothered with you. The bar area is nice. Bathrooms could be cleaner. You have to pay a completely unnecessary deposit of 50R when you check-in for a piece of paper. Absolutely no idea what the benefit of this is, nor do the staff that I asked! This hostel doesn't live up to its reputation, mainly because of the unfriendly staff!

I will certainly have a word with our sales rep and I apologise for her unfriendliness. I find it strange that you mention the other members of staff couldn't be bothered with you as the majority of our guests find them friendly enough. The upstairs showers have recently been renovated and it seems that all dirt shows up really quickly even if we have the cleaners in there multiple times during the day. The bed tag payment of R50 ensures that guests check out! Granted, some people DO forget, but 99% don't. Also - the number on the bed tag is the same number that your reservation is on our computer and ensures that we know exactly who is in what bed i.e our control system.

13th Mar 2017
6.0

The place had everything to be the greatest hostel in CPT, however: - The dorms were not fully equiped (missing power outlets near the beds, for example) - Some showers didn´´'t work properly - Staff not always kind (though they found a lost watch and returned me) - For 2 days, there was a dead cockroach in our room (we had to beg for they to remove it)! But besides that, it is a good place, with a nice swimming pool, bar and good location.

Oh dear - I am so sorry that everything wasn't to your liking. Our building is a Victorian mansion and it is tricky with installing power outlets but we are in the midst of putting USB chargers at every single bed which should help a lot! I am horrified about the dead bug... that should have been removed immediately, so I apologise for that! I trust that you still enjoyed your stay in our wonderful city. Regards Lisa