Ashanti Lodge Gardens Reviews

11 Hof Street, Gardens, Cape Town, South Africa

There was a weird smell in my room and the staff did not assist me in terms of taking me through the facilities. Alos, information regarding check-in was not available on Hostelworld.

Hello Janita Thank you for your review - I am not sure what you mean by "weird smell". All our rooms are serviced daily and if there was something wrong we would definitely have dealt with it! Regards,Lisa

Staff were amazingly helpful & the place has an amazing atmosphere. Pretty disappointing though when a guest gets mugged at knife point when he was dropped off directly at the front gate.

HI Derek Thanks for your response. I must admit we were all pretty shocked but the incident outside but to walk back alone from Long Street at 3am in the morning was probably not the best idea - he was followed from there! Nevertheless, I trust you enjoyed your stay in our beautiful city! Regards, Lisa

I stayed in a private ensuite that was wonderful. The dorms seemed even better, though. Beautiful renovated house with high ceilings and grand rooms. Lovely hostel in a great location - just adjacent to the best parts of Kloof. Great grounds and there's a pool! There's also a cafe/bar upstairs when you. Kitchen could use an update, especially the pots and pans, but I would definitely recommend staying here.

• 9th May 2015

HI Meghan Thanks for your review. I will go and have a look at the pots and pans - constructive criticism is always valuable. Thanks Lisa

Amazing hostel. Great vibe from Liz at the travel desk the moment we walked in. She also gave us some great recommendations! Great food and cheap drinks upstairs. I came here last minute after bad experiences at another hostel, only had 1 night available, I booked my shark dive, and they went out of their way to call the shark dive place and leave a message for me saying they could extend my stay as something opened up. Great customer service! Will definitely stay here again!

Helpful staff, cool atmosphere, great facilities.

Hi Leon - thanks for your kind review :-) Regards Lisa

Lovely place to stay and very central.

• 16th Mar 2015

Hi Rebecca Thanks for your review! Regards Lisa

beautiful house and garden - well managed

Hi Sarah Thanks for your email... I am glad you recognised my management skills :-) Regards Lisa

I Had a Great experience there with All The Staff and the others guests.

Hi Marcos Thanks so much for your review - I am glad you enjoyed your stay! Regards Lisa

Great Hostel! Nice rooftop and pool with a stunning view of Table mountain and Lion's Head.

Hello Gabriel Thanks for your review - safe travels! Regards Lisa

Good location, awesome hostel! Table Mountain in the background when you have breakfast! Good food facilities, nice atmosphere at night at the bar! Safe to walk around at night. Will go back there!

Hi Ken Thanks for your review. Best book soon! Regards Lisa

Cape town has high quality backpackers accross the city.... Ashanti is a good place to stay if in Capetown. Close to everything, organised activities, clean safe and secure...nice

Thanks for your review Aaron!

← Back to search results