Ashanti Lodge Gardens Reviews

11 Hof Street, Gardens, Cape Town, South Africa

Staff was amazing, always willing to help. The hostel offered many facilities and the place was very clean and everything looked new. Great vibe ! Just wish it was closer to Long Street...

The hostel was perfectm amazing staff, always willing to help. I wish it was closer to long street.

Nice place, comfortable rooms, good central location and helpful staff. Not many people around, although it might have been because we visited in the winter or just during a time that they were not as full. I heard it was very popular though, so it probably is much more full in warmer months. Definitely recommended!

Pretty good hostel. Not the best I've been to but I would still recommend. Always lots of staff on hand to help cater to the large hostel maintenance. Not too vibey in social terms though.

My stay at Ashanti was definitely good. The staff was very nice and helpful and the other travelers were incredibly awesome as well. Only down side was, that the music got louder and louder the later it got, but if you kindly ask them to turn it down, they will. Maybe the security pin for the doors should be changed on a regular basis.

HI Hannah Thanks for your review - we always appreciate constructive criticism and your comments have been duly noted! Regards Lisa

There was a weird smell in my room and the staff did not assist me in terms of taking me through the facilities. Alos, information regarding check-in was not available on Hostelworld.

Hello Janita Thank you for your review - I am not sure what you mean by "weird smell". All our rooms are serviced daily and if there was something wrong we would definitely have dealt with it! Regards,Lisa

Staff were amazingly helpful & the place has an amazing atmosphere. Pretty disappointing though when a guest gets mugged at knife point when he was dropped off directly at the front gate.

HI Derek Thanks for your response. I must admit we were all pretty shocked but the incident outside but to walk back alone from Long Street at 3am in the morning was probably not the best idea - he was followed from there! Nevertheless, I trust you enjoyed your stay in our beautiful city! Regards, Lisa

I stayed in a private ensuite that was wonderful. The dorms seemed even better, though. Beautiful renovated house with high ceilings and grand rooms. Lovely hostel in a great location - just adjacent to the best parts of Kloof. Great grounds and there's a pool! There's also a cafe/bar upstairs when you. Kitchen could use an update, especially the pots and pans, but I would definitely recommend staying here.

• 9th May 2015

HI Meghan Thanks for your review. I will go and have a look at the pots and pans - constructive criticism is always valuable. Thanks Lisa

Amazing hostel. Great vibe from Liz at the travel desk the moment we walked in. She also gave us some great recommendations! Great food and cheap drinks upstairs. I came here last minute after bad experiences at another hostel, only had 1 night available, I booked my shark dive, and they went out of their way to call the shark dive place and leave a message for me saying they could extend my stay as something opened up. Great customer service! Will definitely stay here again!

← Back to search results