Ashanti Lodge Gardens Reviews

11 Hof Street, Gardens, Cape Town, South Africa

Don' t go there, if you actually want to sleep in your room. It is a party hostel for people at the age of 20. We stayed in a double next to the pool. In the evening you hear loud music from the bar until 10 pm and afterwards from party people next door or worst at 4:30 am from people jumping into the pool. At 7 am the cleaning staff starts its work in the communal kitchen, which is next to the rooms around the pool, so even in the morning, you can't sleep. Staff was ignorant of the problem.

Good place to meet people. Good bar areas.

• 10th Nov 2014

I stayed 2 nights. Comfortable beds and rooms, lovely views and atmosphere, free wifi, close to everything. I had a double private room near the pool. The room was very comfortable, however make sure you have good ear plugs. This is a place for people who party all night. They have rules against noise at night but young people who have been out partying don't understand rules or shooshers. If not for the noise I would return again and again.

The place to stay at when in Cape Town. The staff will make you feel welcome to a large group of friends. The facilities are fab and the place is full of charm and character.

Brilliant hostel! A short walk to town but otherwise faultless!

Even though the beds are average and the noise in the rooms are too, the atmosphere and location is great. The kitchen is ok and also the pool, but you can chat easily and always find people to speak with. the bar was right next to my room but I could sleep very well. the tour desk allows to book spontaneous. I enjoyed the stay!!!

• 5th Oct 2014

Hi Nina - thanks for your review. I am surprised that you found our beds average... we designed them ourselves and they are certainly better than most other dorms beds you will come across :-) Nevertheless, I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Regards Lisa

i recommend this place! very nice hostel!

• 29th Sep 2014

This is a party hostel, in case you're someone like me looking to avoid party hostels. If this is your thing, go for it -- there's a (loud) bar and people really seemed to be enjoying themselves. If you want a quiet place to rest at night while you explore Cape Town during the day, maybe look elsewhere. Also, two women in the 6-bed dorm had been living there for 8 weeks and it showed -- I couldn't tell which bed was even available because stuff was everywhere.

Hi Erica I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us - the bar can be a bit of a party sometimes, but it does close early these days :-) We have a couple of volunteers staying for some time but I was not aware that they had taken over the room... I will follow up, so thanks for that. Regards Lisa

Ashanti was a great place to stay, highly recommended.

Thanks Elizabeth :-)

Very helpful people. Thanks

• 10th Aug 2014
  • Switzerland

Glad you enjoyed your stay!

Great hostel, can't complain at all and very very good value, had everything needed, including good showers! hopefully will be back one day! As a single female I felt comfortable and safe there.

• 1st Aug 2014

We felt us very cool at Ashanti. Thank you

• 13th Jul 2014

Great - I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! Regards Lisa

Pros: Dorm was clean and well equipped - each bunk had two secure storage spaces under the bottom bed large enough to fit an entire pack and a passcode safe was available for each bed. Beds were comfortable and clean with extra warm blankets available (a must for cold July nights). Excellent bar/restaurant. Beautiful space. Close to Long Street (bars etc) Cons: Rooms and hostel proper were quite cold due to open layout. Can get very noisy at nights. A bit of a walk to other tourist areas

• 2nd Jul 2014

Good location, only 5 mins walk from Long Street and close to supermarket and table mountain. Bar was cool but there was no place to hang out if you wanted to chill. Needs a communal couch area for people to mingle and meet other than noisy bar. Views of table mountain were epic. Irish guy and French guy were good staff!! So friendly and helpful. Electricity not working when I wanted to cook but got it sorted after a bit. Good wifi. Just would've like a couch area to hang with people

Best Hostel I've ever been to!!!

• 22nd May 2014

Fabulous to hear that!!

I enjoyed my stay at Ashanti Lodge Gardens - it was extremely secure with a code to enter the compound, another code to enter the dorm then personal safes and a locker under the bed to store your bag. In terms of location, it was well situated - only a 20min walk from Long Street, 5min walk from a supermarket/pharmacy and a 2min walk from a HopOnHopOff and MyCity bus stop. The view of Table Mountain from the restaurant terrace is also quite amazing. They also offer a great laundry service.

• 26th Apr 2014

Really good hostel! Great facilities, and not far from the waterfront, CBD and Table mountain. A few improvements could be made: not all the safes in the rooms work, and the French girl who was at reception was pretty clueless, hopefully once she's been there longer she will get better

Hi there Denver - thanks for your review. We do have a notice in the rooms asking us to be informed if something doesn't work, so hopefully by now someone has told us about the safes and they ARE fixed! The French intern has only been with us a few weeks and she would never work on her own, but she has already improved a lot. Regards, Lisa

Great hostel, had everything you needed eg. towels for hire, decent wifi, a pool, bar, cafe, laundry service, comfortable beds, and a good vibe!

Glad you enjoyed your stay Chloe!

we were in a very clean room that was unfortunately directly below the bar. other yhan the noise the place is great and kitchen and pool area is perfect.

Hello Tim - sorry about the room below the bar!!

Beautiful hostel, really good bar with nice food and amazing breakfast buffet! Rooms were nice, everything was clean. Very very secure, had an electric safe each and code entry to the rooms!! about 5 minute walk to Long Street which was pretty good.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7