Ashanti Lodge Green Point Reviews

23 Antrim Road, Green Point, Cape Town, South Africa

There were bed bugs in the bed, got bitten badly. But other than that, a great place.

OMW Stephano!!! This is the first that we have heard about this and I am horrified. I will email you directly for details as we have a policy in place to deal with this situations - both preventative and also to clear the problem. As I am sure you are aware these critters are sometimes brought into the property from other establishments as we pride ourselves on keeping everything very clean and neat. I will investigate immediately. Regards Lisa

I really enjoyed staying here. It was very cheap, and close to an absolute beautiful view of the ocean! I met lots of intersting people. It was my first time in a hostel, and it was a good one. I would definitely go back.

• 30th May 2014

Hello Katie Thank you so much for your review. I am glad that we managed to convert you to hostel living and we look forward to seeing you again. Regards, Lisa

There was a lot of noise from the kitchen, hall, and outside, when trying to sleep during the night!

Hello MAria Thank you for your review - I apologise for the noise, but if you had said something to the night manager I am sure that he could have quietened things down. Regards, Lisa

The staff seemed annoyed if we where asking for a pillow... Cleanliness in the kitchen was awful, everything else was clean and nice (bedrooms/ bathrooms and living room).

• 4th Apr 2014

Hello Fanziska - thanks for your review. I am so sorry that one the staff members seemed annoyed by your request.... and you should ALL have pillows anyway. As the kitchen is self=catering, sometimes other guests DO leave a mess and it is difficult to have a cleaner on stand-by 24/7. I appreciate your comments though. Regards Lisa

I have stayed here before and will definitely stay again.

• 24th Feb 2014
  • South Africa

Glad to hear that Brendan!

Loved it! I'll come here again if my no 1 hostel is booked out. Very good dorms, good lockers and places to store your stuff. In the morning you can prepare your free pancakes from a dough provided. Staff is very nice and helpful. Thanks.

Hi Jennifer - we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. Regards Lisa

There are some restaurants in the area, but it's about a fifteen minute walk to the waterfront and longer to get downtown. That said, tour companies will all pick you up and drop you off right at the hostel for day tours. Staff are friendly and helpful and you can book high quality tours right at the front desk. There's no soap in the bathrooms so bring your own.

Hi Jaclyn Thanks for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay! We do have soap at the sinks in the bathrooms - just not in the showers! Thanks Lisa

My stay there was very enjoyable. It made my visit to cape town a great pleasure.

• 1st Nov 2013

Fabulous - come again!

Very nice place to stay!!!! It's good, I came back here for more 3 nights :)

Great stuff!!!

Great hostel, very clean and well located in Cape Town. Choose one of the rooms upstairs or in the annexe in the back if you want some peace and quiet.

Thank you for your review Mathew. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay, but am surprised that you found it noisy as it is usually very quiet. Many thanks Lisa

Very slow to check in but otherwise the staff were very helpful

• 14th Jul 2013

Hi Jane Thanks for your feedback. I am sorry if the check-in procedure may have been a bit slow, but sometimes it is best just to make sure that things are correctly done. I am glad that you found the staff helpful though - that's the main thing :-) Regards Lisa

Excellent place to stay. Good breakfast with make-your -own pancakes. WiFi was free and worked well. You need to bring your own lock for the locker under your bed (in dorms). they do not sell locks at the hostel. The location is a good 45 minute walk from the city center, but there is plenty to do and see. The staff was quite friendly and helpful. However, the hostel could provide better public transport directions from the airport. I would certainly stay here again!

Thanks for your review David - I will ensure that we update our airport directions as soon as possible :-) Regards Lisa

Excellent package, safe, secure and very helpful and courteous staff. Well run, clean and the pancakes were very good. Within walking distance of most facilities, eateries and shops etc. Friendly atmosphere. Beds were very comfortable and room security was very good

• 27th Mar 2013
  • Northern Ireland

Thank you for your review Richard - I am glad that you have had such a great experience staying with us. Regards, Lisa

I didn't like the oh 2.5% extra for paying with your card, which i didn't see anywhere on the site or in any of the mails i received and when i paid the deposit, it took it off in $ even though I'm in and from South Africa, so instead of paying R 120 it was R 150, but the outstanding amount wasn't adjusted. Otherwise it was a good stay.

• 27th Mar 2013
  • South Africa

I really enjoyed my stay and would go again anytime the staff are friendly and helpfull really great place

• 3rd Mar 2013
  • South Africa

Hello Jeryd - thank you for your review and hopefully we will see you back again one day. Regards Lisa

Nice, calm hostel. no problems at all.

Thank you so much for you review and I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully we will see you again soon.

Great hostel and people!

• 8th Feb 2013
  • Switzerland

A very luxurious hostel, hotel quality at hostel prices.

Can't fault Ashanti really - very clean, helpful friendly staff and good facilities. It's a little out of town so not great if you want to be in the thick of the party with bars etc, but within walking distance of the Waterfront and Long Street, as well as reachable by taxi so not a problem for us. Would stay there again :)

Dear Rachel Many thanks for your comments, it was wonderful to have you stay with us and we look forward to having you stay here again. regards, Ashanti Lodge Green Point management.

This place is loud at night, and the staff don't seem to do anything about it... It's a bit overpriced for what you get and it's location isn't great... I've stayed at a few hostels in CT now and this one would be a 'back-up' if you can't get into one of the better ones.

Dear Troy Many thanks for your feed back, its always good to hear back from our guests so that we can improve our hostel. I have just done some quick research on prices for Cape Town Backpackers and see that we are actually average if not cheaper than most hostels, AND we include FREE tea, coffee, sugar, milk, 1 hour WIFI per day per person, pancakes (every morning) and a 24 hour reception. All our private rooms also have satellite TV and personal safes in the rooms and all our dorm beds have a personal reading light, safe and lockers. I also see that you stayed twice with us, the last time being at the beginning of the Cape Town International Jazz Festival. Unfortunately this is a international very popular event and everyone is in a party mood and this may have caused guests to be a bit more rowdy than usual, especially when we are full, we apologise about that. Hopefully next time you come to Cape Town you will come stay with us and not use us as a "backup" regards Ashanti Lodge - Green Point.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5