Ashfield Hostel Reviews

19-20 DOlier Street, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

There was no plug in our room so we could not charge our phones and no locks on the windows. The shower was leaking to the room bellow and someone from the staff came to ask us not to use the water, but they came opening our door straight away and I was still undressed so my boyfriend had to shout for them to stop and wait a few minutes. Very upsetting situation. The breakfast was very very poor (horrible coffee powder) and the girl working in the kitchen was not prepared to serve.

This location was perfect for getting around anywhere in Dublin, as well as very close to all transportation ports to travel outside of the city centre. The staff was so incredibly friendly and helpful! They gave excellent recommendations on food, nightlife, hiking, transportation options & even helped book a Wicklow tour for us! They also arranged an airport pick up for us the morning we left. The breakfast was pretty good too with fruit, cereal, toast and juice!

Great service, the guys at the front desk were awesome and very helpful. Rooms fairly cleanly and bathroom not too great. Good location, and overall a good stay.

• 25th Aug 2015

Super save hostel with very friendly and helpful staff. The shower was among the best hostel showers. Unfortunately there are no lockers in the rooms and the rental of a small locker (for a small bag) in the common area is 3 euros per day (medium or large are more expensive)

Awesome hostel! Very clean for a hostel, super friendly and helpful staff, great atmosphere, and great location. The showers and breakfast were fantastic as well!

In the city center, just a few minutes walk to the main attractions. The bed clothes is comfortable and clean. The bathroom inside room is also very clean and easy to use. The breakfast is wonderful, eggs and fruit are available. The lobby is also comfortable and quiet.

The staff were excellent. Very very helpful. Breakfast was basic but tasty. They didn't have laundry facilities, which is the only thing lacking we found.

Had a great stay in Ashfield hostel !!! Staff so friendly and helpful. They know the craic. Big shoutout to man with beard. Location is right next to temple bar and so close to everything else. Stayed in the 18 bed and all very clean with everyone really nice! Breakfast good tooo. Can't wait to come back! Love Bonnie Scotland x

• 21st Aug 2015
  • Scotland

I had a wonderful time at Ashfield! The staff was extremely helpful, I felt my things were very secure, and the location was excellent! The only thing which bugged me was that I had to keep track of such a flimsy piece of paper in order to be allowed back into my room, and I was a bit paranoid about losing it. Other than that, everything was great!

• 19th Aug 2015

Good experience. Breakfast was eggs toast uogurt cereal and other good stuff. Front desk staff were cool. I would reccommend

The breakfast area should be cleaner.

Everything you'd expect time a hostel. Very helpful staff, free breakfast and great location. Awesome stay.

Excellent staff.

Overall we had a good stay. The one daytime clerk in particular was very friendly and helpful with suggestions. Breakfast was continental but fine, and the en-suite shower in our 4 bed room was actually quite nice. People were social in the evening but generally quiet during the late hours which was a bonus. Downsides: The downstairs bathroom was pretty gross while we were there, and the street noise from our room was high but ear plugs fixed it for me.

Stayed in the 18 person dorm, beds had personal lights and outlets. Wifi would cut out for a couple of seconds here and there but otherwise was fast. Location was great! Breakfast was good - had canned fruit and made it easy to meet others from the hostel at breakfast. Staff were very helpful and friendly, lockers were kind of ghetto but still slightly usable. Definitely would stay there again!

The staff was just wonderful! With options on where to go and where to skip. Conor was very helpful in directing me and my friend. I loved this harmonia and could have stayed put and listened to his blues!

• 14th Aug 2015

Great hostel! When I checked in I accidentally over paid by 50 Euro, and when I went back to the desk it was a different guy but he was great and counted all of his cash and sure enough he has an extra 50, so he was great. All of the staff were really helpful and friendly and the location is amazing. The setup of the bathrooms was a little weird but nothing I couldn't handle. :) Thanks Ashfield!

• 14th Aug 2015

this was our first time in an hostel, and it was really the best we could find in Dublin ! I will come back when i go back to Dublin ! Thank you so much, we really enjoyed it! You are the best. There was such a nice atmosphere and you can meet a lot of interesting and nice people !!! See you next time :)

• 13th Aug 2015

The staff are super friendly and helpful. The common spaces are large and fun. Great location for a good value.

My stay was great!! The staff was friendly and helpful. The only thing I would change is the security slip system- too easy to lose the pass.

• 13th Aug 2015