Ashfield Hostel Reviews

19-20 DOlier Street, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Just had a brilliant stay at Ashfield house. The location of the hostel was perfect and the staff were extremely friendly and very helpful throughout our trip. Would definitely stay again when I next return to Dublin

Ashfield was exactly what we were looking for. Staff were very helpful. Excellent location.

• 26th Mar 2015

Hostel is very good, the breakfest is very good! The only things is that is a little bit old the hostel. But, all things work very well. It's a familiar ambient, it's a good thing.

• 22nd Mar 2015
  • Denmark

This hostel is ok if all you want is a central location.the foyer is a bit grubby, run down looking. A dorm with 6 beds has only one light no individual bed lights.lots of very narrow dingy looking stairways, no lift, be prepared to haul your bags up several flights of stairs.

I have never seen Dublin from this hight , also breakfast was class

• All Male Group, 25-30

Great location, great staff - thanks!

• All Male Group, 18-24

We spent 5 nights at Ashfields and we have been warmly welcomed. We shared a 4 beds mixed dorm with an adorable Ozi couple. Beds were clean, and the bathroom was just "ok". Location is absolutely ideal and allows quick access to every must-see point of Dublin. We really enjoyed our stay and definitely recommend this hostel. Morning breakfasts are a plus and -once again- the reception staff is very helpful and kind.

• 20th Mar 2015

When we checked into our hostel there were people still in our beds. When we told the hostel people they solved the problem by taking the persons things off their beds and putting it in the corner . It was clear that the hostel didn't clean the rooms in between guests. The security was also very weird. There were only three keys for the six person room, so the people who got back late to the hostel had to knock on the door and wake everyone up to be let in. Wouldn't stay here again.

The rooms too much little

The evening front desk guy was fantastic. Very helpful as we figured out out way around, made sure breakfast was set it early so we could eat before our day tour and helped us book our shuttle back to the airport. Great experience!

• 18th Mar 2015

Loved Ashfield! Felt so safe here which was the most important thing for me. Was a little out of my budget and could've been cheaper but overall, I would recommend this hostel to anyone and I'd definitely stay again.

• 15th Mar 2015

I stayed here at St.Patricks Day and this is the reason for the negative value-for-money rating as prices were (as I guess like over Dublin) exorbitant higher than usual.We paid as much as for a high class hotel room but got a tiny room with only space for 2 beds and a cupboard-nothing more.Anyhow,we enjoyed our time,especially thanks to two great members of staff.The location is excellent,but given the age of the building that has a huge disadvantage-noise,noise,noise.But:free earplugs ;)

Loved the atmosphere at this hostel! It was in the perfect location near all the major bus stops and very easy to walk around Dublin.

The hostel is located right in Dublin Center. Shopping area, sights, pubs and stations are in walking distance. Staff is helpful and friendly.

Staff was super awesome, helpful, and friendly. They showed me a map of all the good restaurants and bars.

• 12th Mar 2015

This hostel was great! The staff were super nice and friendly and they were very accommodating. They let me use their luggage locker even after I had checked out. Everyone was super friendly and they even had printers where you could print out your boarding pass. Also the location was great. It was right next to temple bar and an easy walk to everything.

Everything was amazing at this hostel, and the front desk staff was very attentive and helped with whatever you needed. They would even help you find things to do in Dublin. I will be coming back to Dublin and I will stay in this hostel again for sure

• 11th Mar 2015

perfect hostel. note: They recommend one-day tour to moher,there are two company,one cost 50euro,anothe cost 45euro. one staff did not told me the truth, but another staff (hair shvened) help me to correct. thanks to the honest.

Ashfield Hostel , my first experience in a Hostel but not last because I stayed well . Known a lot of people and staff really friendly , they give you many opinions and informations about the city !!!

• 10th Mar 2015

Great location in the center of dublin with easy access to buses, but in walking distance to everywhere you want to go! The 747 airlink bus drops you off 2 minute walk from the hostel so it's easy to find as well. staff were always offering help and suggestions in where to eat/drink/what to do. kitchen was clean with lots of facilities to use and the brekky was great with a few options! dorm was clean (for an 18 bed). bathroom decent. hot water was good!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7