Ashfield Hostel Reviews

19-20 DOlier Street, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Don't let the college-dorm-lounge atmosphere in the main common area fool you: the rooms are simple and clean, and the location couldn't be better.

• 23rd Jun 2015

We had an excellent stay! We loved your beds. Finally found a hostel where in the middle of the night you are not waken by your bunk buddy turning around causing earthquakes and noice disturbances! Staff is very nice, always in for a chat and a joke! Just loved it!

• 20th Jun 2015

I gave a "Very Poor" for security because while they have lockers, you have to pay for them, meaning that you're not getting a locker for what you pay for. This hostel has a great location but other than that I don't get the hype.

We had a brilliant stay thanks. The staff were really friendly and thanks to our receptionist who went the extra mile for us, letting us print off our boarding passes on the staff computer and noticing it was my birthday from my passport, saying Happy Birthday and bringing up a birthday tune on the computer for me, sweet.

• 20th Jun 2015

Ashfield house was fantastic. Really great staff and the perfect location, really close to everything Dublin has to offer. As this was my first time in a hostel I wasn't sure what to expect but would definitely stay again.

• Northern Ireland

Had a great stay when we visited Dublin to see Fleetwood Mac,2 minutes from Temple Bar ,GraftonSt,the guys at reception were really helpful,altogether a great place to stay,

Good location, great staff very friendly and willing to help. The rooms could do with a Reno to spruce it up a little, to make it feel more clean and inviting. Overall great place!

The hostel was good, good value. I didn't like that sometimes the employes make you feel like they wanted to sell you tours, and not give you real interesting information about where to go / what to do if you want to be independent and not to pay for touristic "tours". Could be cleaner, but it was alright.

• 17th Jun 2015
  • Spain

I really enjoyed my stay at Ashfield hostel. The staff were so friendly and helpful and made me feel very welcome. I would highly recommend staying here. Very good location and value for money.

• 17th Jun 2015

We loved the staff at Ashfield - and the security was fantastic. We always felt we were walking into a safe environment. It was a great location; within walking distance to trinity college. Our group truly enjoyed our stay. However - there's a club next door some nights. It didn't bother me, but I recommend ear plugs!

Mitarbeiter sehr freundlich, erklären alles verständlich und sind sehr bemüht, Lage perfekt, Sauberkeit deswegen nur durchschnittlich da sich auf der Decke ein Schimmel befindet, ist aber nur minimal ansonsten alles perfekt :-)

• 16th Jun 2015
  • Austria

It was a great place to stay when we had enough people for a private room and shower. I peeked into the other facilities and don't think I would have stayed there otherwise. Great central location near Temple Bar.

Staff were fantastic with us and extremely helpful ...can't thank them enough

Very good security, wouldn't even let us take guests up to the room. The staff were very helpful and friendly and always willing to give advice. The location is good as well, only a few blocks from all the main bars and very close to Trinity College.

I really enjoyed my stay and how helpful the staff were.

Great hostel! The staff were super friendly and the facilities were all clean. The kitchen ended up being a really cool place to meet people.

Great hostel. Located right near O'Connell street and maybe a 15-20 minute walk from the Guinness storehouse and Jameson distillery. Free breakfast is great and the staff are very friendly. My only complaint is the WiFi was a bit spotty in the rooms.

Could be more powerpoints in the room I was in plus the key to The door was a nightmare to unlock. Plus fridges need a good clean. But great hostel, location, and staff

Clean rooms, great showers, location right near temple bar and the river, value for your money breakfast, and fantastic staff.

• 8th Jun 2015

Cheap hostel right by Trinity and Temple Bar. The people were friendly and welcoming. Some of the dishes weren't clean and the faucet didn't turn off in my room, but it's a cheap good hostel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7