Ashfield Hostel Reviews

19-20 DOlier Street, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

it's in the city center, it's clean - had a nice stay there

One of the poorest hostels during travels around Europe and UK. Appeared to be circa 1980s everything.

• 17th Oct 2014

The place was grand and in a very good location and most of the staff there were really nice but there was one particular guy that was there behind the desk at one point flirting with a group of girls and trying to pass himself Irish it wasn't offensive but it was annoying as he kept at it only until the queue got bigger which was over 5mins later all we wanted to do was hand in our room key as we were heading out I don't mind people have the banter but he could've paused and asked were we ok...

• 17th Oct 2014

The bathrooms in the 18 bed dorm I stayed in were very disgusting and in need of some repairs. It would be nice if they were throughly cleaned every day. The locking basket under the bed I was assigned was completely destroyed which was unfortunate as I had to pay for a locker downstairs. The overall experience at the hostel wasn't bad, but just some general every day maintenance would've made it much better.

Not bad overall. Very good position, OK atmosphere and breakfast, it could have been slightly cleaner, but I do not have any specific complaint. I would say that this is a great hostel for a one-two night(s) stay.

To make security better there could have been lockers for valuables in e.g. the rooms. The staff was all really nice and they were all able to give advice concerning good and interesting things to see and places to go for a meal or a drink. The bathroom could have been better, especially because some parts on the toilet were Loose. But all in all it was a nice place with a great location and for that price I didn't expect more, so it was great value for money.

• 12th Oct 2014
  • Denmark

The people in the reception was very friendly and the hostel is located in the very city center. The only inconvenience could be that the rooms heading to the main road are a little noisy. But they have free earplugs in the reception, and the noise was not that extreme anyway.

• 10th Oct 2014
  • Spain

My room was great, very comfortable hostel with a very friendly staff.

The front desk staff were great but when it came to the housekeepers it was quite poor. Obviously 5 star cleaning isn't expected but I stayed in more then one rooms and in all the rooms it was clear the actual beds have never been cleaned. One bed had a band aid stuck to it and another had something that I don't even want to know what it was stuck to it.

• 5th Oct 2014

The location was absolutely fantastic. So close to everything. A short walk took me where I wanted to go everyday. My stay at the hostel was a little on the disappointing side. The fire alarms went off two nights in a row and people were able to push the door open. It definitely made me feel a bit unsafe.

• 4th Oct 2014

weekend night was extremely noisy, no way to sleep without earplugs. plus draughty windows in a dorm- very cold. good music downstairs, if you fancy blues. the harmonica playing receptionist a pleasant surprise. nice breakfast too with good choice of foods, if you early enough

Very expensive but good stay. Personnal sounded angry when I arrived because a girl asked for a room but there were full but it was ok. bathroom in room was correct. breakfast not really really good, was sick after it.

I appreciated that there is a lift, the luggage storage is on the ground floor and there are security lockers for a small charge. The location makes life very easy. Impressed with the possibility of having a really good hot shower. The place could do with some decorating to give it a bit more character.

The American guy on the front desk was swearing and complaining about how bad his job is when I checked in. Not a good first impression

I had a little inconvenient for the space of the room, and the connection. But then it was sorted out. Good communication could solve the issue

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • Ecuador

Well, good location, good breakfast, wifi and linen for free. All in all a normal hostel but nothing special.

My first hostel ever! Great location, staff were helpful, free breakfast (hard boiled eggs, toast, cereal, fruit, yogurt) was fantastic. Met some great people and had an amazing time in Dublin. Only complaints were the slighly mouldy shower and the lack of outlets to charge electronics.

Amazing Staff! Everyone made you feel welcomed and safe.

• 1st Oct 2014

Even when it was his second day working there, the guy at the front desk was really kind and helpful.

• 30th Sep 2014
  • Spain

This hostel really disappointed me. I've stayed in four different hostels in Dublin in the past two months and this was by far the worst one. When we checked in the gentleman gave me the key to the incorrect room, then when I received the correct one it didn't work on my door (the fact that this hostel still uses keys baffles me). The kitchen also doesn't have an oven or stove which was upsetting. The eggs at breakfast are terrible. Pls run eggs under cold water after boiling! Hostel is dirty.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7