Ashfield Hostel Reviews

19-20 DOlier Street, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

It was awesome! The staff was super helpful with finding places and day trips to do. There were individual drawers in the group room that could be locked if you had one.

• 16th May 2015

Very nice stay in on of theirs twin room (ensuite). Great location, friendly and helpful staff, good facilities, nice breakfast. The only thing was that our room was on the third floor and there has been a very bad hot water pressure during the 'shower' rush hours in the morning. But you could borrow a hair-dryer at the reception what was pretty cool. So besides the shower issue, everything was great, good value for money that we paid.

Excellent location close to temple bar. Really friendly reception staff. Lovely and clean rooms. Really couldn't ask for more.

• 15th May 2015

Lack of sockets in the room and no towel in bathroom. Lots of flies in the kitchen area. But over all I got what I expected and it was good value.

Great location , friendly and helpful staff

• 13th May 2015

OK Lets be clear here the hostel is very nice, clean, has an amazing staff etc BUT don;t provide any lockers in the dorms... only option is to rent a secured locker at the reception for 3E a day which is simply unadmissible for a hostel. Botom line : I would recomand this hostel should they install locers or offer a free way to go out enjoying your day knowing your stuff are secured

Staff was so lovely friendly and helpfull ..great location..excellent value for money

• 11th May 2015
  • Romania

The location is amazing! Very close to everything. The staff are super friendly and very helpful. Breakfast is awesome!

really friendly and helpful staff

• 10th May 2015
  • Sweden

Brilliantly located and excellent value for money.

• 9th May 2015

We were very pleased with our room and the helpful and very friedlich staff. It was our second visit, and we will book the hostel again next time.

• 6th May 2015
  • Finland

Ashfield hostel was great to stay in! The staff were amazing! They are always willing to help and give great advice for tours! As for the location, it is right near trinity college and a 5 minute walk to all the major attractions! The only thing we had a problem with was the shower was leaking when used, but they were working to get it fixed. I would definitely stay at this hostel again and recommend to future Dublin goers!

The price / quality is unbeatable. I assess very positively their attitude towards those who have to stay some hours more after the check in - letting them use the kitchen or keeping their baggage. This makes a difference.

• 4th May 2015
  • Spain

Great location, easy to get to and from the airport with public transportation. The front desk is 24/7 and there are no curfew which was also very convenient. My only complaint is that you could totally hear the club from next door from the room, making it harder to sleep. But then again, I was still satisfied for what I paid.

Great location and very functional hostel with great staff and decent breakfast, but I wasn't wowed by anything. It is a very good hostel if you want to explore Dublin but it lacked character. I would recommend it if you are visiting the city for a short break, just expect the basics. Would prefer lockers in the room rather that paid lockers in the lobby.

Myself and the other guests would like to say a massive thank you to the staff for being so helpful and welcoming at our first stay. The location of the hostel is ideal and the value for money is brilliant considering how close it is to all the sites we wanted to see. We will definitely be visiting again.

• 1st May 2015

Staff was so lovely and helpful from the moment I walked in. They offered so many suggestions and fun tags to do around the city. Loved my stay at the Ashfield! The location is idea for walking anywhere, with so much to see right around it. Highly recommend

Too noisy to sleep in the night because of the bar beside the hostel.

Unfortunately only good/perfect thing on this hostel is location. Because we had so little room, that we had to have our belongings on the floor. Bathroom was so small, that was impossible to clean your teeth above the sink (for normal size europeans :) Every night was a noise in the hallway, even after 11 p.m. As a bonus, you eventually have to undress your sheets. Unfortunately I will not come back to this hostel...

Ashfield Hostel is in a good location in Dublin next to Trinity. It is very close to Temple Bar. My one complaint was that it can be very loud at night with people coming in late, but you'll find that at most hostels in Dublin, so not really their fault. The staff were very kind and helpful. Breakfast was excellent for hostel standards. Average atmosphere for meeting people as a solo traveler. Pillows are quite awful, but all in all a decent hostel at a fair price.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7