Ashfield Hostel Reviews

19-20 DOlier Street, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Nice atmosphee!

• 4th Mar 2015

Best hostel I've stayed in yet. The staff people at the front desk were so kind and personable. They were genuinely interested in where we were from, where we'd already traveled, and where we were going. They were great about showing us on the map places to eat and things to do. Loved it!

• 2nd Mar 2015

Very nice hostel and staff, nice facilities, a very clean place, and at the very center of Dublin, I will come back there every time I visit Dublin !

• 27th Feb 2015

I've just spend lovely few days in ashfield hostel, the staff is really nice and always here to give you some information. Everything is well organised and according to me this is one of the best located youth hostel in dublin. Emilie

• 25th Feb 2015

Our stay in this hostel was fantastic! what i really liked the most was the cleanliness!what it is relevant in these kind of hostels in my opinion. the location is perfect and the breakfast too!!thank you for everything, I really recommend Ashfield hostel!

• 24th Feb 2015
  • Spain

Great location, very friendly staff and in contrast to the other hostels we stayed at during our journey you get free breakfast here that is quite appropriate!

• 23rd Feb 2015

We had a great time staying at Ashfield Hostel. The staff were super nice and helpful, the rooms were clean, although a little cold. Luckily the blankets kept us warm at night! ;) The free ear plugs were also great to have since we had a room to the side of the very busy D'olier Street. Free luggage storage and breakfast included were excellent services! :)

• 23rd Feb 2015

Great value stay with very helpful staff in a hostel that can hardly be more centrally located. Full marks all round!

The reception staff was extremely friendly. The man with the awsome beart and bolt haed was one of the friendliest hostel staff i have seen in all the hostels around the world where i have stayed sofar. He gave us extreme good information and his kindness was very satisfying

• 18th Feb 2015

Facilities are very old. Toilet didn't flush well. Room was very small. Cold at night. No locker in the room. U should pay if u wanna use a locker. Breakfast is served with cereal, bread, boiled eggs and milk. Not tasty but good value for money though. Staffs were attentive and friendly.

Overall a really good place to stay, the location is amazing as you're only a few minutes walk to both Grafton Street, O'Connell Street and Temple Bar. The staff were incredibly helpful too and really made the hostel a whole lot better. My only criticism would be the bedrooms, we had a loose tap, shower door that wouldn't close properly and a bathroom door that couldn't be locked. Still decent enough place though.

• 13th Feb 2015
  • Wales

Helpfull staff, close to the city centre, clean rooms, fair breakfast. I was very happy to choose staying at Ashfield.

The elevator was extremely slow. The cleaning staff actually threw away a bag that had some food we had bought which we thought was rather bad. Otherwise the locaiton was perfect, the facilities were ok and it a comfortable stay. The staff was very helpful and friendly and gave us very nice trip suggestions.

• Portugal

For a hostel, it was extremely clean, the atmosphere was fun, the staff was very friendly and its location was great. I staying in a 6-bed mixed dorm, the bathroom was very clean and as well as the room. A large mix a ages stayed, mostly young adults. Free luggage storage was safe and secure, breakfast was good too.

• 5th Feb 2015

Very nice place, good rate for conditions! Good breakfast, but with fresh fruit and some cheese it would be amazing! Less positive: very very very HOT bedrooms!

• Portugal

Very nice staff. They were very friendly and helpful. The kitchen was nice and big enough for more people. Just as the place to sit and eat. The location is amazing. 2 minute walk from O'Connell street and Temple Bar. The only downside are the rooms. They were way to small. We slept with 5 in a room that cod barely support 3 people. But overall one of the best choices you could take in Dublin!

It was really a great stay. First of all the staff was wonderful - everyone was very friendly, smiling and helpful to us. We felt like at home. We stayed in a 4-bed dorm for 2 nights and then decided to stay one more night and changed to another room. Both rooms were very clean, tidy and warm. There is a large common area and an open kitchen. The breakfast was excellent. We felt very comfortable during all our stay. Would definitely recommend and stay there again on our next trip to Dublin.

• 4th Feb 2015
  • Poland

Great hostel if you like a calm place. Excellent location. I was very surprised, cause I was sharing a room with other 17 people and it was one of the calmest hostels I've ever been at. It's exactly in the city center, next to everything. Highly recommend it.

Can't fault the place at all. Friendly staff. Superb location. Top security. Highly recommended and I will 100% be back

• 31st Jan 2015

The staff was so so friendly and so helpful. Also, the luggage room was really nice since check out was at 10:30 but my flight didn't leave until 4:30 that afternoon. Overall, excellent first hostel experience!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7