Ashfield Hostel Reviews

19-20 DOlier Street, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

It was a great experience! My friend and I got there early, but they let us store our bags in the luggage room and even offered us breakfast (we were really early). They also helped us figure out what transportation we needed to use and where we needed to go. The room and facilities were all clean. Overall it was a great hostel experience, and I would definitely stay there again.

It was good and I would come back.

• 13th Nov 2014

Wonderful hostel.

• 6th Nov 2014
  • Slovenia

staff were splendid and great location! wish they had lockers in rooms, but not a deal breaker!

Excellent hostel but wi-fi was terrible on the room.

This was my first stay at a hostel and it could not have been better. The staff really made it: they were friendly, hospitable, and helpful, volunteering suggestions I had not thought of in terms of sights and recommendations on how to get around the city. And they were always smiling! Will definitely stay again when I am in Dublin. :)

• 4th Nov 2014

Great Hostel, definitely stay there again :)

Very friendly atmosphere and obliging staff.

• 3rd Nov 2014

Our room was quite cold...but it's the only bad point.

• 3rd Nov 2014

I stayed the night before the web summit in Dublin and I was pleasantly surprised that this had no effect on the comfort of the stay. It was nice to see that families, elderly, web visitors and other more regular hostellers all fitted in well. iwould stay again

Friendliest staff ever. Conor, especially, gave great recommendations as to what to do around the city and in Ireland. Stayed in the 18-bed bunk which was fine, liked the individual bed frame lights and plug outlets. Showers may be a bit strange but nothing to worry about. Breakfast was basic but free and well-appreciated. Great location and great people, would highly recommend.

Decent hostel, the house itself is obviously old but everything was clean, breakfast (included in fare) is good. Best thing about the hostel was the staff: very welcoming and very helpful, for this I would like to thank them, it really made my stay a pleasant one!

Excellent location. Highly recommended. Great staff, very helpful. Close to temple bar and within walking distance of most Dublin has to offer!

• 31st Oct 2014

The hostel is well located. Breakfast is good. The atmosphere is good. The reception staff is nice. The shower room is very small. The hostel level is acceptable but improvable

Awesome Hostel, Great breakfast, and fantastic location. Really helpful staff, can tell you where to go and what to do. Defiantly recommend staying here and would go back in a heart beat!

I stay in ashfield for only one night with my boyfriend in a double room with bathroom. The hostel is in city center, so you can see everything just walking for a few minutes; there's a guest kitchen well equipage and you can use it for dinner until 10 p.m. Our room was a little bit noisy because in the street there's a lot of traffic. The other bad thing is that it's a bit dirty, especially the common bathroom and the food supplies.

At first we (2 females) booked a dorm room (18 people) but it was disgusting! not inadvisable for young ladies. the bathroom was dirty and it smelled very ugly. then we rebooked and had a 6-bed room (but luckily we were alone there). way better but the bathroom still was like in the 80s. Though the location was perfect (central!!).

• 27th Oct 2014

Great weekend in a clean, quite and comfortable hostel, with a very nice service and more facilities than I would expect!

Conor, the guy on reception, was really helpful and friendly. As a budget option in central Dublin this place isn't bad but it isn't very clean, there isn't a lot of communal space for relaxing, a lift would be helpful for people with luggage and luggage racks under the bunk beds would give peace of mind when you go out and leave your luggage in the dorm room.

Everything was great! The shower had black mold, so avoid room 9, but it was good otherwise!

• 23rd Oct 2014