Ashfield House Reviews

19-20 DOlier Street, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Great location, savage breakfast ...will stay again

Great staff, good value, fantastic location

Everything was fine except for some rude staff other than that for what I was paying it was good.

Incredible location and value for money. Other than the rude receptionist when we arrived at the hostel, other staff were great. Thank you!

• 13th Sep 2014

Everything about this place was awesome.

• 9th Sep 2014

Very nice place in a good location! Suff was really kind and helpfull. Shower worked and room were nicely decorated and cleen. Breakfest was good. I would stay there again at eny time! :)

Nice central location, clean and very friendly staff who were super helpful with helping is get where we needed to go.

My friend and I loved staying at Ashfield. It was a great location and the staff were lovely. I would not hesitate to stay there again!

A point off for the outlets being badly located in the dorms. I would still stay there though. It's a high quality hostel and very central. Right next to the major bus stops. The complimentary breakfast is great quality and the prices are great value. The dorms are not overcrowded and unlike some hostels you can stay just one night at the weekend.

I stayed at the dormatory in the first floor. Till 3am it was quite noisy due to the disco next door.

• 5th Sep 2014

Ashfield had a great location, friendly and helpful staff, and good rooms for a good price. I would definitely stay there again, and definitely would recommend it to other people!

We stayed there 4 nights and had a great stay! Staff is friendly and super helpful . There are lockers, but they're rented hourly. Not super clean, but good! Over all we had a great time.

Great location and vibe inside. Rooms are small and washrooms are average at best. Most staff were very helpful while there was one creepy bald guy that was inappropriate w all the young students. I would still recommend this hostel, however, despite these setbacks.

Location was great.

• 1st Sep 2014

We had a good stay at Ashfield's, the location is good, and the staff were really nice, helpful and fun. The atmosphere was good with the exception of a big group of Germans that left the kitchen really dirty several times. We stayed in the Ashfield Room, and our complaint is that some of the lockers were missing or broken. Also, you need a big lock, small ones don't work. The showers would improve with some hangers as well. Apart from that, excellent wifi, and plugs and usb in the beds.

On arrival the staff member was good but the rest of the stay they were rude and would disappear. You had to return your key every time before leaving, and although staff were serving someone they could have got our key from us so we could go, instead had to wait there for 10 or so min to be acknowledged or dump it on the desk and run n hope for the best. Private room was cold and not comfortable. felt like in a jail cell and bathroom was tiny. hotel would have been same price n more value 4 $

• 31st Aug 2014

Too many great things to say about Ashfield! I stayed there for a month last summer while doing research and the staff could not have been more welcoming! They really made it feel like home. I recently returned back to Dublin and Ashfield House was the first place I went and stayed. The people behind the front desk are incredibly helpful, friendly, warm, and go over the top to help you during your stay. I have recommended Ashfield to many friends and we have all had great experiences!!

• 30th Aug 2014

Amazing hostel for such a good price! Friendly (singing) staff, good kitchen and nice rooms. Only the showers should be "modernized" some day ;-)

Let's start off by saying that I really enjoyed my stay. The common area was clean and comfortable. It did however somewhat bother me that I seemed to have drawn the short straw on the rooms. I was sleeping in room number 9 and that was simply not a very comfortable room. The window didn't open so the air got really stale, and the dishwasher was right on the other side of the wall. This diswasher was turned on every morning rather early which made quite a noise.

• 25th Aug 2014

Really fun place.. Great outdoor deck area.. Good vibes.. Helpful staff. Don't park overnight in outside car park it's real sketchy.. Car got broken into first night..definitely park in secure parking area.. Otherwise great hostel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7