Ashfield House Reviews

19-20 DOlier Street, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Toilet was very clean, surprising for such a large room with so many people. The floor mats were a very nice touch. The breakfast was good value for the price. Everything was great!

• 6th Apr 2014
  • Singapore

perfect !!

• 4th Apr 2014

very close to the city center, great breakfast, clean. I've stayed here twice and would go back again. also economic.

• 3rd Apr 2014

We stayed in a mixed 8 bed room which was too small for 8 people. There was not enough room to store the luggage. The showers in the bathroom were mouldy. Other than that the hostel is OK.

They also helped us when we got stuck in Dublin because of Lufthansa strike!

• 29th Mar 2014
  • Czech Republic

Super friendly staff, great location. good simple hostel.

• 28th Mar 2014

PERFECT PLACE TO STAY IN DUBLIN LONG OR SHORT TERM.

Great value for money . I stayed for one night and it was fine .

i stayed in the 18 bed dormitory. It was very cheap, and you get what you pay for. It was doable, but just barely. A lot of loud drunk people returned at all hours of night. There was a lot of snoring going on and guests talking in sleep. the bathroom facilities were not very clean, and toilets didn't flush well. I was surprised to arrive very late and to be handed my sheets to put on my top bunk quietly in the dark. Bedding was fresh and clean though. breakfast was poor.

The breakfast was one of the best I've had in a hostel. The only thing that would be nice would be to have lockers in the room for extra security.

• 22nd Mar 2014

The bedroom was really noisy at night, because it was next to a night club.But the rest of the issues were fine!If you want a night of party it is perfect!

• 21st Mar 2014
  • Spain

We only spent one night, just because they didn't had the chance to stay more days, We spoken with Connor at the reception for ask some Question and he Was Just Super!! Thank you!!Everithinhg was excellent! the 3 Italian girls

Very welcoming staff at reception. Great location!

The worst hostel I've stayed during my 1 month trip. The place is old and not well maintained. The staff is not very helpful sometimes, I talked to 3 of them and only 1 really helped me. There are some tables and couches on the common area, but no atmosphere at all. There is no control of who goes inside the hostel, but every time you go out, you have to leave the room key at the reception and get it again when you return. No lockers in the room, only paid-lockers at the reception.

The staff that checked us in was mean and there was no hot water in our first room. Must pay to use lockers so don't count on using the luggage room

Mold in the shower flys in the kitchen and some people didnt bother washing up after themselves but if you dont mind that its a great hostel lovely staff and great location. cleaner cleaned the rooms everyday and beds were actually quite comfortable! If I go back to dublin I will be staying here!

• 13th Mar 2014

Do not stay in the 18 bed dorm. Worst experience ever even for 11 €. Could not sleep through the night due to the amount of people. No lockers in the room for valuables. Only two toilets. Three showers but two were in the same little room so there was no privacy without taking over two stalls. Location and included breakfast were the only pluses.

I had a great time met some great people the staff were really nice

• 9th Mar 2014

The staff was really friendly when I arrived and was really helpful when I needed directions. The rooms are nice and clean, the breakfast is good, and the location is amazing. Great wifi and the 24 hour reception is super convenient. Overall a great place to stay.

After reading some of the negative reviews I was a bit concerned - actually I had nothing to worry about!. This hostel exceeded my expectations. The location was fantastic, staff were very informative but the best thing was the breakfast - you could have as much food as you wanted, plus free tea and coffee all day and a self catering kitchen with a spar next door. We had an ensuite and got fresh towels every day. The place was very clean. It is definitely the best hostel I have ever stayed at.

• 6th Mar 2014