Ashfield House Reviews

19-20 DOlier Street, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

The staff was absolutely amazing! We made one inquiry about doing a day trip and they set up a trip for us immediately. I have stayed in hostels with larger rooms, but there is nothing at all to complain about. If I return to Dublin, there is nowhere else I would rather stay than here.

Connor at reception was a great welcome to the place. The location was great and we could explore the city. Thought it was a bit expensive but we are in high season...

• 25th Jul 2014

Excellent security and great location near Temple Bar and Trinity College. Atmosphere was quite relaxed - people didn't really talk to each other. Free breakfast was nice and cooking facilities got used by lots of guests.

We had a wonderful time at Ashfield House! The staff was friendly and knowledgeable. The location is perfect. Wifi worked. Breakfast was simple but satisfactory. You pay for what you get, it's not fancy, but I would come back and recommend friends to stay here.

I stayed here with my boyfriend in an 8 bed dorm room. Location is excellent right in the heart of the city. However the rooms were extremly dirty. The ensuite shower was full of mould and made the room smell. This was made worse by the fact that the window was sealed shut, could not be opened, and it was very humid in the room. Staff gave us incorrect directions to get to the bus stop for the airport.

Staff was friendly and supportive! Big plus factor is to park the car cheaper with a stamp of the hostel! Cleanliness was definitely okay for a hostel. Good choice of breakfast and almost no noise during the night. Anytime again!!

Ashfield House was exactly what we expected, and for the amount we paid, we were very happy. The location is perfect for exploring all areas of Dublin, the staff were very friendly and personable which made the stay very enjoyable.

• 18th Jul 2014

We had a "moving" time nothing could "dampin" are spirits. Nothing "alarmed" us and the bath room was a "bright"sensation .

• 18th Jul 2014

The Ashfield House is situated in the very centre of Dublin and is within walking distance of most major tourist attractions. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room, a double private ensuite, was cosy and clean. The shower cabin was quite narrow but it works for a few nights. In spite the central location, we had a very peaceful and quiet stay. Breakfast was decent and within reasonable time limits. Would definitely recommend it!

Okay for a night or two but nothing special, not really much security on offer.

It is good. very close to city center. and staff is very friendly.

• 16th Jul 2014
  • China

Great breakfast but small kitchen for the number of people in the hostel. Also, the fridges were really quite disgusting and hard to find space in.

Lovely hostel- clean, good value, great location. Staff were very helpful!

• 14th Jul 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at ashfield hostel, the staff was great..always helpful. I met some really nice friends while staying there...its my new home in Dublin.

• 13th Jul 2014

Loved our stay. Friendly people and great location.

Worst night of my holiday. Walked into my room and couldnt see the floor as there was clothes, rubbish and general mess everywhere. Couldn't tell which bed was mine as they all had stuff on them and looked used. Went to use the toilet/shower and the light was broken so this was impossible. Only good thing was the guy at reception was very nice and carried my bag up the stairs for me. There is no atmosphere and is one of the worst hostels I have stayed at!

light continental breakfast was great ! thank you for your welcome and your receptiveness :-)

• 11th Jul 2014

Great hostel right in downtown, its lose to all the attractions. Really great knowledgeable staff and friendly people. Big community area to meet people and a good breakfast.

We stayed for one night in a private room (doublebed, private bathroom). We would recommend this place to other young(er) travellers because of its location and because of the friendly and helpful staff, but private rooms are not exactly cheap... Breakfast: toast, cereals, boiled eggs, instant coffee and teabags, milk, some juice. Yes, it got pretty noisy at night when all the people who had out partying came back...but, well, that's what hostels are like! ;-)

Staying at Ashfield House was a joy. The staff were very friendly and also very helpful in directing us on how to get about. We stayed in a twin room with ensuite which was very clean and tidy and a bus stop was right at the doorstep. I would definitely stay here again, great value and very secure. :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6