Ashton House Hostel Reviews

Ashton House, 196 Corporation Street, Manchester, England

Gd location!

I cant complain to be honest, overall the hostel was very good, I slept like a baby, but the walls didnt stop noises from other rooms. I would definitely recommend this if you are just looking so save a few bucks and have a place to sleep. No lockers in the room. Location was good as it is 20 mins from picadilly gardens.

Horrible stay. The toilets were leaking in the male bathroom and after telling it twice to the front desk agent. He just did nothing and did not care. The kitchen was awful the sink always full of disgusting water. Room cards of 4 different guests stopped working in our dorm and we had to wake up to let them in. Again, front desk agent didnt even think about doing something. 0/10 on this awful hostel.

Every aspect of the stay was good apart from the cleanliness of the bathrooms, which could've been better. But otherwise it was excellent for the price it cost.

• 28th Oct 2015

what can u say when u have 28 beds in a room... very simple, plain n nothing special... bed was ok... on street parking was ok... location is noisy due to common/ breakfast room n traffic from roads n railways nearby... suggestion: reduce bed numbers in room n change configuration to provide more privacy in preference to money for heads in beds...

My room was located at the basement which was next to the toilets and I could smell some toilet smell in the room. Moreover, someone were talking and laughing loudly outside the room in the mid night which was really annoying and It was really noisy in the early morning as well, seems someone was playing music or watching TV outside the room. The atmosphere of the hostelwas bad and you are unlikely to meet some new friends there and the price of the bed is not cheap at all.

Delightful structures meet an untimely demise in America often. The gem has a real sense of survival, the location is in back of Shudehill Station. This lovely overnight journey from London was enjoyable as Ashton House is not a third world barracks, thankfully. The computers were additionally £1 the hour. We're learning us Americans to like dining in the basement if the water table cooperates. We have some sayings like "nickel & dime", "hamper scamper", "elbow in the eye" not european

Worst bed I ever slept in, I even thought about sleeping on the floor. The girl at the reception was not very helpful or kind (She had been working for like 14 hours in a row though, so I cannot blame her). There were no lockers in the big dorm and the facilities were dirty and unsufficient. I would not stay here again.

No curtains, no light bulb in lamp on bed stand (they promised to repair both but they didn't). The room was not very clean and stank. The fire alarm went off because a staff member made toast. The reception is not very friendly. I would definitely not recommend it!

perfect for what we wanted

• 29th Aug 2015

Ridiculously expensive, yet still the cheapest in town. Bathrooms were disgusting, the smell on the whole floor even more so. Dorm door was always open, the 28 bunk bed was merely a place to crash - we did not want to spend any minute more than neccessary in there. Staff were ok.

The common area is dark and dirty. There was no atmosphere or any easeasy way to meet people. For a hostel so near the northern quarter and city centre it really leaves alot to be desired. Staff often talking on their phone and did not speak the best english

It took over 24 hours, and complaining 3 times before the men's restroom had a working toilet. One was clogged and smelt deathly and the other had a broken door and no bulb so I had to use a flashlight. The third staff member I spoke to was very nice and fixed the issue. The other two couldn't be bothered to care. One suggested I go to a pub.

• 4th Aug 2015

So dirty and humidity inside the place smelt very bad

The toilets could've been better, both in terms of cleanliness and overall condition. That said, when I found it clogged up, I was allowed to use another in one of the apartments whilst cleaning was going on. I like the kitchen area; plenty of glasses and fridge space available. I found the bed to be very comfortable. If I could have one rule it would be to insist that people don't eat in the room; they should really be eating in the kitchen area (the late night chomping was quite annoying).

Personally, I prefer smaller hostels, so I didn't particularly enjoy sharing the room with some 20 people (the smell wasn't too nice either, maybe improved ventilation system would be in place?). Apart from that, it's a fairly clean hostel (especially considering the number of the guests) and staff are very helpful and friendly.

It appeared to be more of a housing place than a youth hostel with families staying there. It's an old building and seemed quite run down. The lockers are tiny and the room absolutely stank. Not a great experience but what can you expect for the price . The staff (Natalia in particular) was extremely helpful and friendly!

Facilities are bad, kitchen missing a electrical stove is stupid that costs nothing and enables you to cook, instead there is only a microwave though there is plenty enough space for a stove. Bathroom not good, toilet lock broken, kinda smelly, showers rly weird there are 2 but one of them faces the door with transparent shower door, wtf? Too many people in some room, so you get the selfish people making calls in their bed all night while you're trying to sleep. It does annoy everyone. Bad place

the place is average. i mean cmon if you want something nice with luxury you can simply go somewhere else. but if you are just there to get to know the city and not the hostel this one should be enough. the only details i didnt like the wifi seems to have some problems but again you pay what you get. and the door from room 23 ) (i guess) was to loud so in case you go out at midnight your roomates would def. notice. other than that. the location is great and the staff was helpfull enough.

The shower room is only one for people. It is very inconvenient.