Ashton House Hostel Reviews

Ashton House, 196 Corporation Street, Manchester, England

Would have liked the ability to rent an adapter for US plugs. Did appreciate help booking cabs. Bedding was very comfortable, even if mattress was thin.

• 16th May 2015

nice hostel

When I booked I got an email that said the remainder of the payment was due on arrival but they took it out of my bank account immediately anyway without notifying me then I needed to change my booking (nearly a month in advance at that point) and they said it would be fine and they'd refund me the extra but they never have and they've completely ignored all my requests for information. Regarding the facilities, they might as well rename the place faulty towers.

• 17th Apr 2015

Problems with opening the door.

• 26th Mar 2015
  • Poland

6 of us rented a private room and got put in a box room on the bottom floor with no windows. Was very stuffy and the toilets were pretty dirty and the showers half broken. The woman on at reception was really friendly though. Probably wouldn't go back.

The toilets didn't have locks in doors, and they had problems flushing. Using a new shower is always as hard as learning a new language, and took me about 5 minutes to figure out how to use it. Instructions or something would have been nice.

• 13th Mar 2015
  • Finland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I felt safe at the hostel with two pin coded gates. They were doing renovations so was a bit loud and noisey. I stayed in a private double bedroom with my partner. There wasn't much room but the bed was comfy. The shared facilities were ok but had to go all the way down to the basement to use the toilet and bathrooms (we were on the first floor) staff not the most welcoming but answered quequestions. Fire alarm at 1am which wasn't really explained and no one seemed to know what was going on.

what can i say nice to know Ashton House Hostel perfact clean nice rooms nice staff 100% excellent you know what you 1 star hotel i cant bleave how nice are Ashton House hotel

• 4th Jan 2015

Not the best place, pretty loud and dirty. If you're only staying for one night you can manage as it is was only around 14 pounds per night.

They charged me twice (credit card) and now they don't answer my emails. Besides, there is no atmosphere at all, the showers are weirds and there is no free space in the bedroom (at least no in the 6 beds one).

Thank you to staffs very helpful and friendly.

• 27th Dec 2014
  • Thailand

downstairs make bathrooms were awful, water a few cm deep on the main floor, and side was old and needed lots of cleaning, and funny smell. The water did not come out of the futuristic showers at all, my room was very small 6 bed very tight and very cold....no heating on in room at all. It really bad that the showers are on a different floor. It is close to manc city centre and Victoria. This place needs a full renovation and quick otherwise will lose out to other manc hostels..v v disappointed

dirty bathroom

I think you guys should get more charger sockets that is the worst thing about our stay that there was only 1 in the room! :D

• 29th Nov 2014