Ashton House Hostel Reviews

Ashton House, 196 Corporation Street, Manchester, England

The air in the large room was very stuffy and the airfresheners did not help. Staff was very friendly and the showers were nice.

I love Ashton House Hostel!

Not the best choice. Also beware of £20 penalty for showing up later than 11pm sharp.

• 25th Aug 2014

It really miss a real kitchen in order to cook, only a microwaves is not nought

The room I've stayed in was absolutely beautiful, can't believe I've paid so little for it. The staff on the reception was very kind and helpful and I've enjoyed my stay very much. Only tiny little thing that I've missed was control for the TV, looked everywhere couple of times but just couldn't find it..but that didn't spoil anything, I'll definitely stay in Ashton House again if I've the opportunity :)

bath and toilets are far from rooms building very old, needs refurbishment

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Greece

The showers were the only positive thing about this hostel. The staff wasn't very helpful and the beds were the worst I've ever had in a hostel. The staff did not keep the luggage room locked. My room was in the bottom level and it was damp and smelled bad. The bathrooms were somewhat clean but there were stains and damages everywhere. The "lounge" was not much and not comfortable.

I was very annoyed with the group of idiots who shouted all night until about 5 am with no regard to the fact that other people were trying to sleep. This being a 24 hour hostel, there were staff who must have heard but did nothing to shut them up. The room I stayed in was fine, although hot as the windows didn't open. The showers were powerful, but beware if you need your privacy - it's an open plan shower room with no curtains. No kitchen so you can't cook your own food, which is a shame.

This place is a huge old building with a huge dorm room of about 30 beds. Some are behind curtains which create private rooms but most are not. If you're just after a bed and a relatively clean bathroom, this place is fine. It is a bit out of town though and it's cold, huge and to be honest a little creepy. Not much of a backpacker atmosphere but I did meet a few cool people.

1 2 Next » last »