Ashton House Hostel Reviews

Ashton House, 196 Corporation Street, Manchester, England

What a terrible environment!!! Like back to 18th century!!! No light in showering room, no lock in bathroom, people can come in freely when you take a shower. Do not book it, although it's a little cheaper compared to others, but it doesn't worth it at all. Never come back again!!!

• 25th Apr 2014
  • China

Dear guest, I am sorry to hear you had a bad experience at Ashton House. I just need to add one correction - there are definitely locks on all toilet doors. The shower room is communal and features multiple shower cubicles so therefore cannot be made private to one guest. In future, may I suggest booking an en-suite room which features a private bathroom.

I loved the location. It is close to the megabus station and city center. They have free storage, free wifi,laundry, washing tablets. etc. which I liked. However, the first night was very noisy approximately at 11pm-00:30am. Drunk people talking and laughing too loud in the common room. So, it took time to fall to sleep. Morever, sometimes it was very hot in the rooms. However, I would have returned because its good for its price.

• 25th Apr 2014
  • Kazakhstan

Not a bad place if your not after much more than value for money. No real common room for socialising.

We just stayed one night there. On the same day evening I got a call from the hostel asking my checkin time. As I was trapped in motorways traffic jam I informed them that I'll be late but they warned me to checkin within night 11, as per hostel rule. But at last we managed to reach there at night 11:45 but still they have welcomed us, I really thank them for their help.

The place is Wellington located, and at first sight it is good, but the staff is not nice and the services are poor and abandoned, not clean and far away from the rooms.

1 2 Next » last »