Ashton House Hostel Reviews

Ashton House, 196 Corporation Street, Manchester, England

Mattress springs dug in a bit. I wouldn't call it a boutique hostel either. It's pretty basic. Girls showers weren't as high tec as the boys.

• 27th Sep 2014
  • Mexico

I like the place it had every thing and it was value for money and it was always clean and the staff were good to.

Not the best hostel ever. No circulation in the 24 bed dorm so they cover up the smell with air freshers. Pillow was flatter than a pancake, very dusty, unfriendly staff, bathrooms are old and need improvements like locks on the door perhaps, walls are paper thin so don't expect to get a good sleep. Futuristic showers was the only good thing about this place. There were a few other bad things that I can't remember. Don't stay here if possible.

Only one night's stay so limited impression. Hostel is located close to Victoria train station and within easy access of most of Manchester's nightlife, shares its area with a lot of student accomm. Facilities are generally good, dorms very pleasant, lack of locker was a surprise but rooms are on a card lock. Shower units very elaborate for a hostel (worth a visit just for these!). Staff very friendly and helpful. Hostel lacks a common space and seemed very quiet, but was a weekday. Would again

The air in the large room was very stuffy and the airfresheners did not help. Staff was very friendly and the showers were nice.

I love Ashton House Hostel!

Not the best choice. Also beware of £20 penalty for showing up later than 11pm sharp.

• 25th Aug 2014

It really miss a real kitchen in order to cook, only a microwaves is not nought

The room I've stayed in was absolutely beautiful, can't believe I've paid so little for it. The staff on the reception was very kind and helpful and I've enjoyed my stay very much. Only tiny little thing that I've missed was control for the TV, looked everywhere couple of times but just couldn't find it..but that didn't spoil anything, I'll definitely stay in Ashton House again if I've the opportunity :)

bath and toilets are far from rooms building very old, needs refurbishment

• 1st Aug 2014