Aso Base Backpackers Reviews

1498 Kurokawa,ASO-shi, KUMAMOTO-ken, Kumamoto Pref Volcano Aso, Japan

Unbelivable! If you have a plan for Aso district, considerable!!

• 25th Jul 2015
  • South Korea

Best hostel I stayed in in Japan! Very clean, cozy and nice interior. Staff was very helpful! I would recommend this hostel for anyone who would consider a stay in Aso.

nicest hostel guy i have ever met! he goes above and beyond to provide good service. location is nice, very close to a lawson and the train station. huge locker under the bed for your stuff. large common room to hang out with the other guests.

This is possibly the best hostel in Japan. If you are going to do some hiking in Aso this is the best place. Best kitchen and common rooms ever.

Very clean and good cooking facilities. We were impressed with the shower that you had to keep pressing to run as thought it would be a good addition to our house for our teenagers. The hostel looked after our luggage before check in while we went to look at the volcano. ( The volcano walk has been closed since last August but you can still see the smoke so still fairly impressive)

The staff is great, I came 30min after they closed the check in and they were ok with it. I am very pleased with the hostel, the atmosphere is better than many cheap hotels I've stayed. It's cheap not far from the station. The big crossing might take some time even if it's 2min walk, that is how I missed my train and that is my own fault. Besides that the area seems pretty good.

Aso Base is a great backpackers. Dorms are really nice, kitchen facilities are good and everything is nice and clean. Staff is really friendly and helpful and there's a really cozy atmosphere.

I was very very happy in this hostel.

• 7th Jun 2015
  • South Korea

Thank you very much for the great stay in your cozy hostel. It was very tidy, near the station and the host were very friendly and helped us with many information! Thanks for the great time!

• 1st Jun 2015

The most incredible hostel I have ever seen. Beautiful details and thoughtful touches that make it rival some 5 star hotels I've stayed in. Sadly it was let down by the manager during our stay, it was a real shame. We constantly felt like we were a huge inconvenience by using their facilities. It seemed to kill the atmosphere for others too.

This is the absolute best hostel that I have ever stayed in. it is beautiful, like a higher priced ryokosan . I stayed an extra day and wish that I was still there. This is my personal recommendation.

Brand new and comfy, close to the station but quiet at the same time.

• 23rd May 2015

We had two great nights at the base backpackers. Cool interiors, nice people and good information about activities.

• 10th May 2015

This is most probably the classiest, most luxurious and comfortable I ever ever stayed at. I can't believe that was gonna happen in Aso. Most probably the best hostel choice if you come here.

Very clean and well designed rooms. This hostel is like a luxury hotel! Totally recommend

Aso base backers was a great hostel with a very kind staff. The rooms, bathrooms, shower areas and lobby were all extremely clean with a fresh new smell to them. The area was quiet, and made it so it was very easy to sleep. The staff was helpful and knew their way around Aso in a very convenient matter. Definitely recommend this hostel to everyone traveling to the area.

• 30th Apr 2015

Awesome stay! Insanely clean, modern amenities and great social atmosphere (lounge area). Kitchen is neat and has everything you need. Couldn't be closer to the train station, which is great for day trips to the volcano or nearby areas. Also, very good/discounted onsen within a quick walking distance.

Very nice hostel, everything is clean and the staff is als very nice. Best location in Aso, close to Aso Station where the train arrives and the bus for Mount Aso takes off. Although you cant get close to the crate Mt. Aso is realy worth a visit as it offers great nature.

• 26th Apr 2015

The atmosphere was very friendly and Mont Aso is simply something you have to see

Very close to the station ( 3 minutes by walk), and there is onsen near hostel. Managers speak english, korean very fluently and are kind. Perfect quality, Cozy atmosphere.

• 19th Apr 2015