Aso Base Backpackers Reviews

1498 Kurokawa,ASO-shi, KUMAMOTO-ken, Kumamoto Pref Volcano Aso, Japan

A great place to stay - clean and tidy and with a nice atmosphere. Staff were helpful and informative.

The hostel was ridiculously clean all over - I've never seen a cleaner hostel in my entire life. Staff were efficient, got great sleep and met nice people there too. Impossible to find anywhere better in Aso. Keep in mind Aso itself is completely dead at night however so if you don't like solitary company or hanging out with people from the hostel then you should probably stay in Kumamoto instead.

Nice place, nice environment, excellent location

• 2nd Sep 2014
  • Hong Kong

Very clean hostel with laid back, mellow atmosphere and helpful staff.

• 27th Aug 2014

The hostel was very easy to find. Also - we were worried that we might be arriving after reception hours, but the staff was very nice and helpful about it. The hostel itself was very nice and cozy, had a nice feeling to it. Also it was very clean. Free shampoo, soap and other toiletries were also a very nice bonus, especially for anyone traveling light. And the view from the porch! Simply amazing. If I ever come back to Aso I will check this hostel first, for sure!

Best guest House We had in Japan

The cleanest hostel I have ever stayed in anywhere, really friendly staff, and very easy to find out of Aso Station. Easy to get to a number of tourist attractions with busses leaving from the station. Also there is Onsen nearby and places to eat or buy your own food all within walking distance.

This place was absolutely wonderful, it was clean, well equipped, and the staff were so lovely, this place is definitely worth every penny!

i think it is so nice of the hostel, It is my pleasure to stay in there. I can enjoy my time when i was in ASO. There is so nice of the environment in hostel. THANKS hostel provided the drink for the backpacker. Apple tea is nice. where can i buy it?? I would recommend for my friends to live here if they come to ASO. It is great for the location.

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Hong Kong

Hands down the most amazing hostel I have stayed in, and I stayed in a lot of of hostels. Spotlessly clean, with great atmosphere, attentive and friendly staff.

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Poland

This is the best hostel i have ever stayed in. Clean, easy to find and great shared area. All the appliances are great quality. Herbs and spices in the kitchen, lots of showers and toilets. Better than staying in a hotel in my opinion.

this was my first time staying in a hostel and it was very pleasant experience. granted, i stayed in a regular room rather than dorm type accommodations. but i am interested in trying another hostel elsewhere sometime. also, most of the reviews i had read of aso base backpackers was right on the money. the staff were excellent and made me feel welcome and at home there. bottom line: i was very satisfied with my stay there.

• 28th Jul 2014
  • Thailand

Very good base for the Aso region.

Very peaceful place ! Right next to the station. Very nice accommodation, décoration...

Exceptionally clean, excellent location, wonderful mountain view, great kitchen

• 15th Jul 2014
  • Taiwan

I really love the atmosphere of the hostel. Everything is clean and tidy. I feel so comfortable during my stay. I stayed in the twin room and it was more spacious than i have expected or compared to other hostels in jp. The host is friendly and decorates the hostel so well. The open kitchen is well equipped. It's enjoyable staying there and I'll definitely stay there again! BTW, it takes only a few min walk from Aso JR station and around 10-15 min walk to local supermarket and daiso!

• 6th Jul 2014
  • Hong Kong

We really enjoyed our stay here. It exceeded our expectations in every way. We had a rental car, so it is hard to comment on location.... but if renting a car and visiting Mt. Aso, this is a great place to be!

I think the best guesthouse I've been!

Very stylish and new hostel, location is an ideal starting point for Aso. Staff could be more open, though.

Best hostel I've ever stayed in! Really clean and new. Kitchen looked more like a magazine kitchen than a hostel kitchen :) If you get the chance, stay there!!

View all Kumamoto Pref Volcano Aso Hostels