Superb 750 Total Reviews
Superb 750 Total Reviews
Aso Base Backpackers Located at 1498 Kurokawa,ASO-shi, KUMAMOTO-ken, Kumamoto Pref Volcano Aso.
Japan
Kumamoto Pref Volcano Aso 869-2225 1498 Kurokawa,ASO-shi, KUMAMOTO-ken,
97% 750
32.9354869 131.0804986
    Rooms available

• Ireland, Female, 25-30
6th Jul 2016

Perfect hostel, spotless and comfortable with friendly staff who have good English. Highly recommended!

• Austria, Couple, 25-30
11th Apr 2016

This is by far THE best hostel we've stayed in all over asia. Nice private rooms, comfy beds, super clean facilities, very helpful owner, great common area,... We loved this place!

• England, Male, 41+
8th Apr 2016

We visited the weekend before the dreadful earthquakes. I scarcely need say anything about the hostel as the other reviews speak for themselves - it is a wonderful place. There's a note on the Japanese language blog which I gather says they are safe and the damage is not too bad in the immediate area, but I'm not sure whether is was posted after the first or second quake. Anyway, we wish Yoshi and his family all the best and hope that life can return to something like normal in due course.

• Belgium, Female, 31-40
6th Apr 2016

By far the nicest hostel I have ever stayed in! Extremely clean, beautifully arranged, very cosy, zen atmosphere, so comfortable beds (!!), ... It felt like home! Unluckyly, we had the worst weather ever (we couldn't set a foot outside), so we spent the whole day in the hostel's common room, reading books that were at our disposal. When it was time for us to leave, even though the station was only a 3-min walk, the owner offered us a ride so we wouldn't get wet. We just loved this place!

3rd Apr 2016

This is easily the loveliest hostel I've ever stayed at. The owner was super helpful, and the decor is just incredibly cute and homey. I want to live here forever. Also, the bakery nearby (~1 min walk) sells what is undoubtedly the world's most delicious custard filled pastry. A great place for lone travelers as well as families with kids!

• Belgium, Male, 18-24
31st Mar 2016

Great hostel for visiting the aso caldera. This a hostel way above average and worth every yen you pay for it. Highly recommended!

• edellerina9422
  • Ireland, Female, 25-30
29th Mar 2016

One of the best hostels I've stayed in! It was beautifully decorated, super clean, staff were friendly and helpful and the atmosphere in the spacious and comfy common area was great. There were even multiple flavours of free tea to choose from! I could recommend this hostel to people travelling solo, in a group or couples of all ages. Anyone really. Great place!

• England, Male, 41+
29th Mar 2016

Ticked really all the boxes for me and well above my expectations

• Germany, Male, 31-40
23rd Mar 2016

Such a nice, calm and warm location. Staff is very helpful but not overwhelming family like :) I really enjoyed being there- not to mention that the location is just perfect to get to Asosan and around

• Croatia, Female, 25-30
23rd Mar 2016

One of the best hostels I've stayed at. Clean, cozy and comfortable. I would recommend it and come back to stay again