Aso Base Backpackers Reviews

1498 Kurokawa,ASO-shi, KUMAMOTO-ken, Kumamoto Pref Volcano Aso, Japan

Probably the best hostel I have ever stayed in. Impeccably clean. Lots of lovely little touches. It felt as if they had thought of everything. Staff friendly and extremely helpful. They went out of their way to help us plan day trips and walks.

One of the best hostels I have been so far on my World Travel. Really nice House, all looks and feels like absolutely new and has a great athmosphere like at home. Was sleeping in a dorm, very comfortable. The best thing was the Rental Service for a Motorbike ( a bike is available too)

• 18th Oct 2014

Fantastic place, great staff and beautiful atmosphere to chat and relax.

• 8th Oct 2014

The best hostel I have been to. Very clean, well designed and great attention to detail.

• 7th Oct 2014
  • Scotland

A fabulous hostel in a beautiful setting. The local onsen is very cheap and nice, the bakery around the corner sells divine chou pastry, and the walk to Mt Aso and area is stunning. absolutely loved our stay

Beware of the limited size of the lockers provided. Better bring a smaller suitcase or else it won't gonna fit in the locker. Poor wifi connection in female dorm but it works well in common area. Overall nice experience. Especially good for solo travellers.

Aso is a wonderful little town, the Onsen (recommended by the hostel staff, close to the hostel) is the best Onsen we encountered in Japan.

Nice, calm atmosphere in the common dining room. You can feel in each and every detail that the hosts take care.

Excellent Hostel: The rooms, the kitchen, the beautiful lounge... THE BEST HOSTEL AFTER 3 WEEKS IN JAPAN LOVELY PLACE TO STAY IN ASO.

Excellent hostel!! Highly recommend!

• 22nd Sep 2014
  • Hong Kong

A great place to stay - clean and tidy and with a nice atmosphere. Staff were helpful and informative.

The hostel was ridiculously clean all over - I've never seen a cleaner hostel in my entire life. Staff were efficient, got great sleep and met nice people there too. Impossible to find anywhere better in Aso. Keep in mind Aso itself is completely dead at night however so if you don't like solitary company or hanging out with people from the hostel then you should probably stay in Kumamoto instead.

Nice place, nice environment, excellent location

• 2nd Sep 2014
  • Hong Kong

Very clean hostel with laid back, mellow atmosphere and helpful staff.

• 27th Aug 2014

The hostel was very easy to find. Also - we were worried that we might be arriving after reception hours, but the staff was very nice and helpful about it. The hostel itself was very nice and cozy, had a nice feeling to it. Also it was very clean. Free shampoo, soap and other toiletries were also a very nice bonus, especially for anyone traveling light. And the view from the porch! Simply amazing. If I ever come back to Aso I will check this hostel first, for sure!

Best guest House We had in Japan

The cleanest hostel I have ever stayed in anywhere, really friendly staff, and very easy to find out of Aso Station. Easy to get to a number of tourist attractions with busses leaving from the station. Also there is Onsen nearby and places to eat or buy your own food all within walking distance.

This place was absolutely wonderful, it was clean, well equipped, and the staff were so lovely, this place is definitely worth every penny!

i think it is so nice of the hostel, It is my pleasure to stay in there. I can enjoy my time when i was in ASO. There is so nice of the environment in hostel. THANKS hostel provided the drink for the backpacker. Apple tea is nice. where can i buy it?? I would recommend for my friends to live here if they come to ASO. It is great for the location.

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Hong Kong

Hands down the most amazing hostel I have stayed in, and I stayed in a lot of of hostels. Spotlessly clean, with great atmosphere, attentive and friendly staff.

• 1st Aug 2014