Aso Base Backpackers Reviews

1498 Kurokawa,ASO-shi, KUMAMOTO-ken, Kumamoto Pref Volcano Aso, Japan

Very nice hostel, clean, classy and with a nice atmosphere. The staff was really helpful and gave me lots of information about possible activities to do and the surroundings. I think it's one of the best hostels I have ever been in.

Nicest hostel I've ever stayed at (and there are some nice ones in Japan). I would go back to Aso just to stay at this place!

By far the best hostel I have ever experienced! Super clean, large and cosy common room, extensive facilities and helpfull staff.

第一次住这么有调调的青旅!

• 13th Mar 2015
  • China

"Can this place be as good as the reviews say?" I asked myself before I arrived. "Hell yes!" Is the answer. I've stayed in a LOT of hostels over the last few years a I've travelled around the world, and this is the very best. The attention to detail is simply breathtaking. Where do I start?... Beautiful common area, heated by a wood burning stove, constantly replenished by the manager. Modern, fully stocked kitchen (pots, pans, knives, spices, oils). Clean and modern rooms. Loved it here!

Great Youth Hostel, with a very nice and helpful staff, and a perfect location if you arrive by train and if you want to go to the volcano (and there are great chances that you do both I guess). When I was there the other travellers were just great, and the common room makes spending time together really enjoyable. Conclusion: I clearly recommand this place, even if it is a little pricy. Enjoy !

This hostel is amazing!

Great spot, very clean and spacious. Nice living room area with a fireplace and one of those tables with a heater under it.

• 1st Mar 2015

Flashest hostel I've ever stayed in. Clean and organised. Helpful owners

Very nice place! Thank you for helping me during my stay, and even going out of your way to order ramen for us! This place is really clean, neat, modern and all in all nice!

It seems that there is no cup in the hostel. It's a little bit inconvenient when we brush our teeth^^;

• 29th Dec 2014
  • Hong Kong

The heater in the dorm area is a little bit colder, but its okay with the good beddings and comforter provided. The hosts are wonderful, good english spoken Wonderful fireplace to be with around the common area.

Probably the best hostel I have stayed at and ever will stay at.

Nice deco, clean facilities, warm atmosphere and helpful staff ! Highly recommended !

• 13th Dec 2014
  • Hong Kong

Great Location, 2 mins walk from station. Nice, warm and cozy hostel. Aso is the beautiful city. I promise I will come back here again.

I had a wonderful stay.

• 26th Nov 2014
  • Hong Kong

Perfect hostel, very clean and nice atmosphere... I stayed double room, I liked everything... they have really nice terrace with awesome view. It's actually very easy to find but as we arrived late night it was too dark, I couldn't find it. So I called to hostel and staff explained me to go straight and left :D after a while I found it, go straight from the station until you come to main traffic light, cross the street and look left, cross the road again. Then you'll find it!

bed is very comfy and the location is very good and it is within 3 mins walking distant from Aso train station

Possibly (probably) the nicest backpackers I've ever stayed in! Nice and social but also very clean with very friendly staff. Thank you!

Staff members are hikers so they really know all the trails and mountains around Aso volcano.

View all Kumamoto Pref Volcano Aso Hostels