Aso Base Backpackers Reviews

1498 Kurokawa,ASO-shi, KUMAMOTO-ken, Kumamoto Pref Volcano Aso, Japan

It seems that there is no cup in the hostel. It's a little bit inconvenient when we brush our teeth^^;

• 29th Dec 2014
  • Hong Kong

The heater in the dorm area is a little bit colder, but its okay with the good beddings and comforter provided. The hosts are wonderful, good english spoken Wonderful fireplace to be with around the common area.

Probably the best hostel I have stayed at and ever will stay at.

Nice deco, clean facilities, warm atmosphere and helpful staff ! Highly recommended !

• 13th Dec 2014
  • Hong Kong

Great Location, 2 mins walk from station. Nice, warm and cozy hostel. Aso is the beautiful city. I promise I will come back here again.

I had a wonderful stay.

• 26th Nov 2014
  • Hong Kong

Perfect hostel, very clean and nice atmosphere... I stayed double room, I liked everything... they have really nice terrace with awesome view. It's actually very easy to find but as we arrived late night it was too dark, I couldn't find it. So I called to hostel and staff explained me to go straight and left :D after a while I found it, go straight from the station until you come to main traffic light, cross the street and look left, cross the road again. Then you'll find it!

bed is very comfy and the location is very good and it is within 3 mins walking distant from Aso train station

Possibly (probably) the nicest backpackers I've ever stayed in! Nice and social but also very clean with very friendly staff. Thank you!

Staff members are hikers so they really know all the trails and mountains around Aso volcano.

Everything is in good condition, staff friendly and extremely helpful. Very close to the train station but peaceful. It's the best one backpackers I have stayed before.

The best hostel I've ever been in in terms of cleanliness and facilities. There was however not really a "hostel" atmosphere. But i did not see this as a problem.

What a wonderful place! I think I have never stayed in a hostel so well kept and so beautiful. Thanks for a memorable stay and we hope to go there again.

The place is really nice. Everything is in good condition and well-prepared. Lovely and homey atmosphere. We really love it. Helpful staff. Very close to the train station but peaceful.

Cosy, feels like at home. Very friendly atmosphere, great and helpfull staff.

great place to stay, excellent facilities and staff

• 1st Nov 2014
  • Couple, 41+

It's the best one backpackers I have stayed before.

• 30th Oct 2014
  • Taiwan

wow, wow, wow..

Very nice hostel and very comfortable.

• 25th Oct 2014
  • Macau

Probably the best hostel I have ever stayed in. Impeccably clean. Lots of lovely little touches. It felt as if they had thought of everything. Staff friendly and extremely helpful. They went out of their way to help us plan day trips and walks.

View all Kumamoto Pref Volcano Aso Hostels