Aso Base Backpackers Reviews

1498 Kurokawa,ASO-shi, KUMAMOTO-ken, Kumamoto Pref Volcano Aso, Japan

Possibly (probably) the nicest backpackers I've ever stayed in! Nice and social but also very clean with very friendly staff. Thank you!

Everything is in good condition, staff friendly and extremely helpful. Very close to the train station but peaceful. It's the best one backpackers I have stayed before.

• 18th Nov 2014
  • Hong Kong
  • Couple, 41+

The best hostel I've ever been in in terms of cleanliness and facilities. There was however not really a "hostel" atmosphere. But i did not see this as a problem.

What a wonderful place! I think I have never stayed in a hostel so well kept and so beautiful. Thanks for a memorable stay and we hope to go there again.

The place is really nice. Everything is in good condition and well-prepared. Lovely and homey atmosphere. We really love it. Helpful staff. Very close to the train station but peaceful.

Cosy, feels like at home. Very friendly atmosphere, great and helpfull staff.

great place to stay, excellent facilities and staff

• 1st Nov 2014
  • Couple, 41+

It's the best one backpackers I have stayed before.

• 30th Oct 2014
  • Taiwan

wow, wow, wow..

Very nice hostel and very comfortable.

• 25th Oct 2014
  • Macau

Probably the best hostel I have ever stayed in. Impeccably clean. Lots of lovely little touches. It felt as if they had thought of everything. Staff friendly and extremely helpful. They went out of their way to help us plan day trips and walks.

One of the best hostels I have been so far on my World Travel. Really nice House, all looks and feels like absolutely new and has a great athmosphere like at home. Was sleeping in a dorm, very comfortable. The best thing was the Rental Service for a Motorbike ( a bike is available too)

• 18th Oct 2014

Fantastic place and the most clean place we had around in Japan! We really miss the clean hostels in Japan. We are now in Darwin where everything is dirty.

• 14th Oct 2014
  • Denmark
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Fantastic place, great staff and beautiful atmosphere to chat and relax.

• 8th Oct 2014

The best hostel I have been to. Very clean, well designed and great attention to detail.

• 7th Oct 2014
  • Scotland

A fabulous hostel in a beautiful setting. The local onsen is very cheap and nice, the bakery around the corner sells divine chou pastry, and the walk to Mt Aso and area is stunning. absolutely loved our stay

Beware of the limited size of the lockers provided. Better bring a smaller suitcase or else it won't gonna fit in the locker. Poor wifi connection in female dorm but it works well in common area. Overall nice experience. Especially good for solo travellers.

Aso is a wonderful little town, the Onsen (recommended by the hostel staff, close to the hostel) is the best Onsen we encountered in Japan.

Nice, calm atmosphere in the common dining room. You can feel in each and every detail that the hosts take care.

Excellent Hostel: The rooms, the kitchen, the beautiful lounge... THE BEST HOSTEL AFTER 3 WEEKS IN JAPAN LOVELY PLACE TO STAY IN ASO.

« first « Prev 1 2 3