Asok Montri Hostel Reviews

16/19 Soi Sukhumvit 19, Sukhumvit Rd., Klongtoey Nua, Wattana, Bangkok, Thailand

I had a lovely stay in this hostel. Especially the staff was so lovely, kind, and smiling all the time that we were not hesitsted to ask any questions to her. I would love to visit again as it has very convenient location as well.

The staff here are super friendly, nice free drinking water, the room was good, wifi worked great, location is great, right next to a good shopping mall for food, close to bts station, bathrooms are not great but get the job done and breakfast is just bread and jam, would happily stay here again but only one or two nights.

This was my second stay at the Asok Montri hostel. I like this hostel because it is very close to a lot of the fun things to do on sukhumvit. It is clean and private. Good hostel overall.

• 11th May 2015

The hostel is in a great location with helpful and friendly staff.

I have stayed at Asok Montri quite a few times. The staff is always friendly and the location is excellent. I do wish all the private rooms had ensuite bathrooms but that is a minor detail. My recent stay was just as great as all the previous times. I choose hostels because I find they are cleaner and nicer than similarly priced hotels so location and quiet is most important to me. I would recomment this place to anyone coming to Bangkok.

Very friendly staff...just a basic hostel. Not the best breakfast but they let you store food in their frig. The shower never got warm, there was no instructions and the staff member didn't know how to run It. Very accommodating though and a very friendly and secure place on a quiet side street right next to the Skytrain and MRT.

Awesome location. facitilies were adequate, staff was friendly, free breakfast which i can't complain, the fact its near MRT and BTS Skytrain was awesome. Moreover sukhumvit road is one of the most visited roads in bangkok is something worth looking it. Don't expect high end especially when you are paying for low end. Toilet might need to be standardized in terms of facilities and cleanliness.

• 30th Dec 2014
  • Brunei

Best location in the city if you love the city life. As soon as you step out of the Hostel you can see many street kitchens, 7-11, massage places and Terminal 21 is next door if you want to do shopping. Soi Cowboy is a few steps away if you like that kind of stuff. I had a great time there.

I stayed here for 8 days, they have free drinking water and every morning they have free toast and coffee and wifi(I had a loaf to myself). The place is run by a quant Thai family who is constantly saying hello and we're very helpful in helping with my visa paperwork. I will be staying here again

• 30th Apr 2014

Due to an operation I was unable to leave this hostel so ended up spending 9 nights there. There were 4 toilet and shower rooms on the third floor. All were working when I arrived but within two days two were 'Out of Service' for the rest of the time I was there. In the third toilet the shower was broken and never properly fixed. The lock on the door did not work. The floors were kept very clean but above waist height there was grime and dirt everywhere.

I have no idea how this hostel has previously received such good reviews. The pictures are nothing like the actual place. The toilet/showers were dirty as was the bed linen. The air conditioning didn't work and there was no window. We had to leave after one night even though we booked for three and the owner refused to refund our stay. Even though the location is good I'd definitely avoid this place.

• 3rd Mar 2014

The staff Wan is so good !!!

• 20th Jan 2014
  • China

Toilet brushes would be great to have.

• 18th Dec 2013

everything was great in this hostel... I have nothing to complain about!!

a small and quiet hostel in good location, no other choice in this area.

good location. It takes 2or3 mins from asok station(BTS) staffs can speak English and a guy staff can speak japanese.

The Asok Montri Hostel is close to Sukhumvit/Asok Public Transportation. Thats the benefit of it, thats all. The Room was ok, the "ensuited" Bathroom was a catastrophe. There was a lot of mold on the walls and in corners, covered with plastic parts, you can imagine the smell + cobwebs on places easy to reach, so there was no cleaning for long time. "free wlan" didnt work in the room. There was no value for the 25€ for one night. Had way better places even cheaper with same facilities in BKK.

Pros: excellent location, close to BTS and MRT stations. Friendly staff. Cons: Wifi didn't work in the rooms but they are not going to fix it. Toilet seats! What others said were right, all toilet seats were broken!!

The room was very small remind of notice-room for clohtes & shoes and smells bad /damp. so I move to new hostel lost money .

Good location to go otherwhere; you can use easily MRT and BTS. Kind staff. but it's clean on rooms but not on bathroom. bathroon is a little bit unconvenient.

« first « Prev 1 2 3