Asterisca Reviews

Balmes 16 Principal Primera, Barcelona, Spain

Great location, near plaça catalonya. Very good place to rest (not noisy at all and very comfortable bed). Anything you need, you have to give them a phone call because you cannot see the staff at the place. They only leave at the bedroom, bed clothes and one piece of toilet paper. On the other hand, any time you call them, they sort your problem out as soon as posible.

• 24th Sep 2015
  • Spain

Very nice location for the price, in the centre of Barcelona. The room I got was small, but completely equipped (shower and WC). The hostess was sympathetic and helpful, despite her not speaking a word of English. I would recommand.

• 4th Sep 2015

Pipes blocked so toilet, shower and sink drained incredibly slowly. Shower flooded even before the blocked pipes leaving water all over the floor and a 'lake' under the bed.

I stayed with my boyfriend for 5 nights, in the double private room. the first thing we noticed is that is was so warm & hot in the room, and when we asked for a fan we were given a little tiny one that after 20 minutes stopped working (ended up buying ourselves our own big fan, it was still hot in the room). Also, we always arrived back at the room after 10pm or so, there isn't ANY lights in the hallway, i need to use my flashlight of my phone to see, it's creepy and scary. Location is perfect.

• 7th Jul 2015

There is no room cleanliness nor hot water for bathing. No staff in place. Dark environment that generates insecurity.

The guy who is supposed to wait for us at arriving time wasn't there, we waited a lot of time to enter the room and we had to go around the city and come back after (because the waiter wasn't there!). The wc didn't have the fan working, and it was impossible to not let the water out the shower, that could not be closed. The location was good because it was near plaza Cataluna and the ramblas. It was also clean. But after all I would not come back in this hotel.

• 3rd May 2015

It is a nice hostel with comfortable beds. The staff can speak English. One of the rooms has a balcony but it's noisy at night coz' it's near the road. If you don't want it, choose other rooms. They are very quiet. I will go to this hostel again if in Barcelona again. It's on the first floor. When you walk upstairs, it's just on your left hand side.

• 16th Apr 2015