Asterisca Reviews

Balmes 16 Principal Primera, Barcelona, Spain

I stayed with my boyfriend for 5 nights, in the double private room. the first thing we noticed is that is was so warm & hot in the room, and when we asked for a fan we were given a little tiny one that after 20 minutes stopped working (ended up buying ourselves our own big fan, it was still hot in the room). Also, we always arrived back at the room after 10pm or so, there isn't ANY lights in the hallway, i need to use my flashlight of my phone to see, it's creepy and scary. Location is perfect.

• 7th Jul 2015

There is no room cleanliness nor hot water for bathing. No staff in place. Dark environment that generates insecurity.

The guy who is supposed to wait for us at arriving time wasn't there, we waited a lot of time to enter the room and we had to go around the city and come back after (because the waiter wasn't there!). The wc didn't have the fan working, and it was impossible to not let the water out the shower, that could not be closed. The location was good because it was near plaza Cataluna and the ramblas. It was also clean. But after all I would not come back in this hotel.

• 3rd May 2015

It is a nice hostel with comfortable beds. The staff can speak English. One of the rooms has a balcony but it's noisy at night coz' it's near the road. If you don't want it, choose other rooms. They are very quiet. I will go to this hostel again if in Barcelona again. It's on the first floor. When you walk upstairs, it's just on your left hand side.

• 16th Apr 2015
  • Hong Kong

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A HOSTEL!! I read the reviews before hand, but expectations was to only need somewhere to rest our heads - for this, it was perfect!!! The room IS very noisy due to Road traffic and there is NO way of reducing this which is a shame. The room was clean, tidy and all facilities working. The toilet is noisy and the lady (who is VERY lovely) doesn't speak any English but the location is PERFECT. I'd recommend if only staying for a couple of days.

• 4th Mar 2015