Asterisca Reviews

Balmes 16 Principal Primera, Barcelona, Spain

I'm glad I read some reviews about this before I booked so I'll repeat the helpful things here: this hostel is hard to find if you don't know that it doesn't have a sign out front and it is next to a restaurant. It is on the first floor of the building. The woman who runs it is wonderful, but only speaks Spanish. I'm glad I knew all of that before hand! It made getting there fairly easy. The place is in a great location. Not fancy, but our private room was great!

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • American Samoa

Good location however it is organized in private appartment with owners living there too, what makes us feel strange... If you get room room situaited to center of building (window to internal square) you will not see daylight...

If you do not speak Spanish, you will have some difficulty understanding the address, as I had. There is no doorman or no information on the entrance door of the building, then you should call when you arrive. That was the only problem we had. The room was as we expected and we were lucky to have a balcony.

If you're looking for just a bed at a very goog location for a reasonable price, this is a perfect hostel. Hostel owner doesn't speak any English and the room is very basic (although there's a shower and toilet in our room).

Firstly, there was no name or sign that lets me know what apartment to ring to get in. The restaurant staff downstairs helped to confirm that this hostel was in this building. I finally got into the building when 3 police officers came out. They looked at my hostel reservation and then let me into the building. When I got to the apartment there was a middle age lady who spoke no English. Apparently she is the one who runs the hostel. She showed me the room and asked for payment.

• 3rd Jul 2014

The hostel has a very good location is just 5 minutes near to Ramblas and the room was very clean. A small problem was the improvised bathroom that had a water pump(used to evacuate water from the toilet and sink). That water pump was a bit noisy and can wake you up if you're sleeping. Another small issue was that the stuff that gave us the key did not speak English, but we manage to understand each other.

On the promo pics they have the mistery room which propably get the lucky guests. ASK FOR IT! We got something that was clean but looked old, worn, it was a nice looking air-raid bomb shelter. It was on the 1.floor with windows to the backyard (no noise from the street), not much natural light was there. Shower room was very small. We have all keys for ourselves. Only Spanish-speaking lady was OK.She charges extra money for changing towels that is ridiculous. No replies email/sms from management

Our stay in Asterisca was terrific. The room was bigger than I imagined, clean and the location is perfect (only a 1 minute walk from the metro). The hostess didn't speak English but was friendly and helpful. We had a nice stay.

• 16th May 2014