Aston Hostel Rijeka Reviews

Trg Zabica 5, Rijeka, Croatia

Awesome hostel, I recommend it.

A complete joke. I intended to spend NYE in Rijeka and made the mistake of booking a bed in this hostel, almost ONE MONTH BEFORE. Then less than two days (yes, TWO DAYS) before my arrival they send me an email saying my reservation is cancelled. No reason for that and no explanation provided either. To this day (03/01) they still haven't refunded my deposit. Thanks for ruining my New Year's Eve. AVOID THIS HOSTEL AT ALL COSTS, their poor rating is well deserved.

When i arrived at the hostel they didn't care about me, they didn't tell me wait a while...i was like a stupid waiting there. A croatian man entered after me and they started to talk to him, they gave them all the things he needed and the key of the room. Ok, at some end she cared about me... I arrived at 3 o'clock in the night, i announced it before...so the check-in was at 10, i didn't have so much time to spend in the hostel.

• 15th Oct 2014
  • Romania

The walls are too thin, you can hear everything what is happening in the hostel.The only window is in front of smoking area in the hall and it might get loud. The location is right in the centre of the city at the bus station. Shame there is no breakfast in the offer.

It was my first time in Rijeka and I have choosen this hostel for price and position but now if i will come back I will choose it for Big Daddy !the guy at the reception was really funny and friendly. He said "if you need anything let me know" and then he really was meaning that! I had a wish (which was going to Rab) and there were no hostel in this period so Big Daddy spentall afternoon making calls and trying to find an accomodation, and he found me one in the house of a friend!!! Thanks B.Dad