Aston Hostel Rijeka Reviews

Trg Zabica 5, Rijeka, Croatia

When i arrived at the hostel they didn't care about me, they didn't tell me wait a while...i was like a stupid waiting there. A croatian man entered after me and they started to talk to him, they gave them all the things he needed and the key of the room. Ok, at some end she cared about me... I arrived at 3 o'clock in the night, i announced it before...so the check-in was at 10, i didn't have so much time to spend in the hostel.

• 15th Oct 2014
  • Romania

The walls are too thin, you can hear everything what is happening in the hostel.The only window is in front of smoking area in the hall and it might get loud. The location is right in the centre of the city at the bus station. Shame there is no breakfast in the offer.

• 10th Oct 2014
  • Croatia

It was my first time in Rijeka and I have choosen this hostel for price and position but now if i will come back I will choose it for Big Daddy !the guy at the reception was really funny and friendly. He said "if you need anything let me know" and then he really was meaning that! I had a wish (which was going to Rab) and there were no hostel in this period so Big Daddy spentall afternoon making calls and trying to find an accomodation, and he found me one in the house of a friend!!! Thanks B.Dad

Great location for a hostel. Four stories up though. Staff clearly did not want to be there and was only one real shower for the shared rooms (the other was more of a sink).

Pretty good place nothing special. Staff were very unenthusiastic but still nice. The fact it was four floors up wasn't great and the view is blocked by a billboard.

• 7th Sep 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I was welcomed 1st by an old guy jabbing his finger at a phone number (Hello international call expense), a 15 minute wait, then a lot of tuts, but later learned that the lady was pregnant and not well, so can't hold that against her. It's above a bus station on the 4th floor of what looks like an old abandoned Ministry of Truth. There's no communal area and despite the number of bathrooms many of the taps and showers just don't work. The walls between rooms seem to be made of papier mache.

THANK YOU FOR A VERY HELPFUL OWNER, WHO GAVE US VALUABLE INFORMATIONS ABOUT BUSFARES AND SITES TO SEE.

This is A very basic hostel with a small number of rooms. The hostel is on the 4th floor which is never ideal and the rooms were incredibly hot. We opened the window and this opened onto a billboard so we got no breeze. The facilities are limited with one good shower and two very very average ones. I slipped over and cut myself after showering as the floor is slippy and a bit unsafe

Inside the hostel anyone could just walk into the room. The staff was very unfriendly and not helpful. It is just a place to sleep, nothing else.

It was alright, the location is good because its directly across from the bus station and maybe 5 min walking distance from the train station. There was no kitchen/fridge, so don't buy food expecting to cook.

• 6th Aug 2014

perfect location next to the bus shelter, easy to walk anywhere you want to go, and easy to find. also great for moving onto the next place - lots of people said that Rijeka is just a place to stop briefly in, but we sort of liked it! City has a good atmosphere.

for the price is ok but the staff wasn t friendly at all ! Not a lot fo information of the city and not even a smile when arriving or speaking to you. There is only 2 showers for many rooms of 13 people.

Lame!! Don't stay here. There are way better places

Tiny hostel, jamming in a lot of people, hot and poorly maintained. Staff were at first helpful supplying an excellent map of Rajeka, however from then on we're not interested. For god sake stay in Pula if you want to visit the beautiful Croatian coastline! The difference is astounding!

I wouldn't recommend staying at this hostel. When we checked in, the lady behind the counter was quite cooperative, but this soon changed. If we wanted some information about the activities in Reijeka, we had to knock a few times on the door of her room before she wanted to open. When she finally opened her door, she clearly had been sleeping and was very grumpy. There were some other shady looking guys who seemed to work for the hostel, but all they did was smoke in front of the main entrance.

right next to the bus station, so very handy location

Best location as right in the center of town & sea front and right next to main bus stop station. So if you want a bus to the other towns, Krk island beaches (Baska is the best!) or airport, you can sleep in to the last minute as it takes you only a few seconds to the bus! Safe, clean and friendly!

Short walk to the bus and train station. Only about a 1 min walk to the town. Reception staff were amazing and went above and beyond to help us with a question we had. Would definitely stay here again .They recommended we Zrće, thank staff !!!

• 29th Jun 2014

Everything was fantastic except the hostess who needed cheering up. A communal area would have been great, too.

i wrote it all in the answer of why i would recommend this hostel highly :)