Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

My stay at Astor Hyde Park was very nice. The staff at the hostel was incredibly helpful and nice. Loved the common room and the living areas, which had from fussball to a piano. The atmosphere at the hostel is incredible, I enjoyed my stay there and I wish I could have stayed longer.

Breakfast area could be more organized (where you find the cup, sugar etc.)

My first time in a youth hostel and it was absolutely fantastic. The guy on the welcome desk when I arrived was really lovely and chatty, the rooms were really clean and the bed was super comfy I had a great night sleep with little disturbance. Others in my room were friendly, the bathroom facility was good and breakfast in the morning was great too. Definitely reccomend this youth hostel as great connection to tube and museums!

• 14th Nov 2014

Nice location and neat area. The first day in London, we were able to walk to all the sites from the hostel.

The staff were really friendly and helpful and I liked the lounge common room, which is especially good for a cold rainy night in London (pretty usual) to watch some movies or just laze about with other guests. The included breakfast was decent and the beds were comfortable enough (just the pillows which are typically too small in most hostels). Overall, a good, clean and safe hostel in an excellent location, definitely recommended.

Stayed in a 12-bed mixed dorm. Surprised that there was only 1 shower room and 1 open sink in a room for 12 people. Wifi was supposedly in all rooms but not in ours. Luckily there was signal maybe 3 feet from our door. Location is alright.. a little far to walk to London city, but 5 minutes from Hyde Park and the 3 museums near South Kensington Station. Cost £2,20 for the Underground to get into the city. Comfortable beds and clean facilities make it worth the trek though.

Best Hostel ever I'll be back soon 😃😃👍👍✈️

The location is the best thing about this hostel. For the one week that I stayed in London, this was conveniently located and I was able to meet some nice people. Aside from sleeping in the room which is what I used the hostel for, I didn't spend a whole lot of time in the hostel because I wanted to go out and experience the city, which I accomplished and I look forward to coming back! Breakfast was lacking any sort of nutrition but nothing to complain about, it's free. :)

The Astor Hyde Park is a quaint, little place nestled in one of London's nicer areas, Kensington. Location is excellent, as this hostel sits adjacent to the Kensington palace and gardens and not too far from two different Tube stops (Gloucester or South Kensington). The lounge and lobby areas imbue a very chill atmosphere which is nice for getting to know others or mapping out your plan to see the city. The rooms and bathrooms aren't the largest but nice and clean.

-one Personal bathroom in a room so when staying at mixed dorm with 10 people, you can be uncomfortable. I hope separate washbasin and toilet./ a bit far from underground so i took bus 70 -street outside the hostel is very nice. Near kensington and hyde park. Staff is very nice. Free breakfast. Quiet at night.

• 6th Nov 2014
  • South Korea

My stay at Astor was top notch! The staff was friendly and super informative and the place was clean and fresh. Lots of options for keeping your things safe. I was struggling to find a place to sleep for an additional night but the staff managed to find me a bed for an extra night, saving me from sleeping at a station or something! They know all the ins and outs of London and their locations are perfect for the average tourist. And prices are at the low end for London without losing quality.Thnx

• 6th Nov 2014

The bathroom was not good and very often dirty. Just one girl from the staff was not kind. Breakfast it's not good, but at least the Hostel offers something. Some rules should be warned guests before booking such the 5 pounds deposit in cash to get a locker, room card. They also accept your ID.

Great hostel! Great location just 10 min by subway from Picadilly Circus or about 30 min walking, superfriendly staff and cozy atmosfere. The breakfast was good but I'll recommend maybe buying some yoghurt just to get a breakfast that's more nutritious! Otherwise - perfect place. I'kl definitely go here next time!

• 5th Nov 2014
  • Sweden

We had a great time in London and at this Hostel! Our room wasn't big, but it was enough for us! Is was warm and quiet! The underground is near, about a 10min walk! It's really close to Royal Albert Hall and the National History Museum! 😊 You have restaurants and supermarkets near too. The staff is helpfull and nice! We liked it and recommended it!

Ideal place to stay for the Albert hall

Great location, clean rooms, and very helpful staff!

It was a good stay for the money but we were placed in the most awkward beds I've ever been in at a hostel and were the bunk in basically the middle of the room with a ceiling light directly over where your head should go so unless you put your head by the ladder you're about two feet under a light. Really good power bar situation and I felt safe leaving my phone charging over night. I didn't have a problem with anything except the completely obnoxious people in our room. Not the hostels fault.

very clean and comfortable hostel!

• 31st Oct 2014
  • Japan

Great hostel. We enjoyed our stay here. Was clean and the rooms are nice. The staff are very friendly and helpful.

• 31st Oct 2014