Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

This was the best hostel I've ever stayed in. I was blown away by the friendliness of the staff. The building itself was fantastic, with a huge, well furnished lounge and a great kitchen. The rooms were clean and far more spacious than I expected them to be.

• 14th Apr 2014

This hostel is by far the best i've stayed in. It's very spacious and clean, people are friendly, staff helpful and welcoming. And one thing that's rare: the wi-fi worked great!! The huge home-cinema in the living room is the cherry on the cake.

room and toilet was not bad, it kept sort of cleanliness which made me satisfied a bit. About location, needs to take underground, but it is okay. friendly staff and good atmosphere. Wanna give my score of 8 our of 10.

My only complaint is that the room was very cold and the radiators didn't work.

This hostel was great. The staff was phenomenal and the hostel was very comfortable and homey. No bar on premise, but the free breakfast was nice. The location was great and tube was very easy to access from multiple parts of the city. I definitely recommend the free walking tour that they advertise in the reception area.

Very beautiful building with nice rooms.

• 5th Apr 2014

Such a lovely location. Great staff too!

• 5th Apr 2014

It was a very pleasant stay. The location is one of the best and the staff is very nice. I would recommend it to anyone on a short trip to London.

• 4th Apr 2014
  • India

Very clean but four bed rooms were very small. A lot of staff living there weren't so sociable. Difficult to get to know people if you are a single traveller.

great location, next to hyde park and a bunch of museums but bad breakfast system and the fire alarm started during the night with no reason, that was really bad!!! also one toilet (for all our needs...) for 10 people is not sufficient..

Overall I found it unexceptional. The only thing I was happy about was that it was so low cost in such a high cost neighborhood. However, that should be a given considering I shared a room with 11 other strangers. I didn't like that we didn't have our own outlets and that the building was kind of grimy, but I suppose it's just old.

It was great staying at the hostel. The staff was great and very helpful, the hostel location was amazing and I have a great time during my ten days there. I will definitely come back if I can!

• 1st Apr 2014

Hostek stay in April was good. The rooms were very clean and spacious for a hostel. I was in a 6dorm with ensuite. The atmosphere was ok not much happening alot of the people staying there are full time workers. Its in a very nice area but i thought had to travel too far to get to things. The train station alond is around a 10 mintute walk and its just a pain if you need to quickly duck back get changed at hostel then go back into the city.

• 1st Apr 2014

Nice hostel but the lockers are kind of a pain to use and it's in a very posh neighborhood so there aren't a whole lot of options for eating or drinking on a budget nearby. It is right near the park and not too far from the tube and bus stops though.

The hostel was really good in terms of stay and comfort

• 30th Mar 2014
  • India

Great place, really friendly, location fantastic right near Hyde Park. Had a couple of great nights sleep here

Really cool place, perfect location. Breakfast was too simple. Super clean and lovely staff!

Very nice atmosphere and staff helpful and smiling

• 29th Mar 2014
  • Switzerland

Pros: VERY clean, beautiful house, great location and amazing staff! Cons: lack of outlets -- 4 for a room of 10! the breakfast can't really be called a breakfast...rolls and cereal Guests have to wash their own dishes after breakfast...which is okay except when some just rinse them off or don't wash them well at all

Very nice hostel, everything looks clean and there's enough space. Nice lounge etc. Very impressed!!

• 24th Mar 2014