Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

Well located and impressive building. Nothing extra special otherwise

Excellent location, friendly and helpful staff. Great hostel.

• 21st Aug 2015
  • Wales

Excellent location, very friendly stuff disposed to help you every time that you want help. It has towels and padlocks not free but still good. It's offer a lot of activities to had the best holidays in London. I liked a lot that is very secure. It has password to enter plus the card and it has the luggage room with key and camera.

• 19th Aug 2015
  • Chile

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review! It was our pleasure having you apart of our family for a week! Please know that anytime you are in London you have a home at Astor Hyde Park! Lots of love and all the best, Astor HP xo

Some staffs are really friendly,some are not. No charging points for the one living upstairs. There is only one bathroom in the room, not enough. Not bad,but next time wont stay in this hostel. Thanks again for some nice staffs.

The staff were super friendly and the big screen projector in the lounge area was awesome!! The only downside was a ten minute walk to the tube. Besides that it was cozy, clean and a great place. Would definitely visit again.

Hi there! Thanks for leaving us a review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed our beautiful Hostel located right next to the famous Hyde Park! We can't wait to see you next time you're in London! Lots of Love xo

Quality hostel, been finished to a high standard, all the facilities you could ever need. It's in a upper class neighbourhood of London so very posh, but it's a mission to get to the majority of London's main attractions and nightlife hotspots 30-40mins+. The nearest shop/tube is a 12 mins, walking, always! Atmosphere was library-esque although to be fair it was probably at 40% capacity, livlier with more people I'd imagine. Great staff, the cleanest hostel in London for sure!

Very good location. Staff is good and facilities are alright I'm diffenetly going there again for my next visit to London

I'm only writing this review because I seen the staff love to read reviews and have a giggle (more man buns here than instagram has filters for). Staff were really friendly and helpful, arrival went smoothly, room was a tad hot at times and I swear the girl in the bed above was doing imaginary RKOs in her sleep from the violent jolts she was making. Huge lounge plenty of seats, great kitchen area, you won't be fighting over sockets as there's plenty. Fantastic location next to hyde park.

• Scotland

4 person dorm is too small for 4 people. There wasn't enough space. It would be good to make individual charges and lights for every bed as in some other hostels. Everything else was pretty good and location is perfect!

• Kazakhstan

Really great place and very laid back for London. We had a double room and i couldn't have asked for more. Clean and comfy bed, TV, towels, shower gel, plenty of plugs and tea making facilities. My only quarm being there wasn't any milk and as a brit I found that hard to compute apart from that it was everything we needed. I'd go back there again :)

• 15th Aug 2015

Really secure hostel, staff was fantastic and movies were regularly played in the common room so that was pretty fun. The location is good! A short walk to the tube which really unlocks the city. I honestly have nothing bad to say about this place -- great experience!

The hostel was the friendliest place I could imagine and the staff were lovely. The rooms were perfectly clean and we wanted for nothing. Definitely reccommending. The price was very reasonable and the location was perfect for seeing everything in London.

• 9th Aug 2015

I was alone in London and they made me feel I wasn't. :)

• 8th Aug 2015
  • Spain

Really friendly desk staff. Made me feel very welcome. Kind of a hike to the underground but situated on a really pretty, very safe street.

Excellent hostel in an excellent location. Staff work hard to create a great atmosphere.

Great hostel, been many times. One issue is the bathrooms, showers make the entire place wet and smell of mould.

Improve the toilet Provide better toilet paper Have move washing machine ? Only 2 ( and 1 of it is broke down ) not really enough I guess Beside that everything was great The room n the staff are really good The location is near to Hyde park 10-15 min depend how fast u walk to the nearest train station 3 min to the bus stop that bring to u Central of London Worth staying ^_^ good security as well

• 6th Aug 2015
  • Malaysia

Great staff, great location! Good variety of activities each night.

• 6th Aug 2015

The hostel was a good value for the money. The rooms were comfortable, with places to lock up belonging under each bed. The rooms were quiet for sleeping. Breakfast was offered for 1 pound in the cafe area. My least favorite part was the location, which is a bit far from all of the tourist areas. Overall a good stay though.

This hostel was very suited to our needs. There were 4 girls and we had a 4 bunk room with a bathroom. The negatives were that the Wi-Fi did not reach our room, so we had to be in the common areas to use that and it was about a 10 min walk to the Tube. The staff were very friendly and wonderfully helpful, as were the other guests. Security was great; the 4 of us left for 2 nights to spend in Pairs and left a lot of our stuff unlocked in the room, and nothing was missing when we came back :)

• 5th Aug 2015