Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

I've been to London loads of times but it was my first time at Astor Hyde Park. Loved it from the moment I walked it. It is very spacious, clean and has a relaxed atmosphere. My friend and I did the pub crawl and Kat helped us get there, even making sure everyone knew how to buy tickets for the tube. Laura was also a great receptionist. Would definitely stay here again.

I had a great experience at Astor Hyde Park. It was my first time ever staying in a hostel, and so I appreciated that linens were provided. The staff was friendly and were able to answer all of my questions regarding transportation, restaurants, etc. The rooms were very clean and at a comfortable temperature. My only suggestion would be to add reading lamps to each of the bunks because I stumbled over someone's luggage basket in the dark.

• 16th Apr 2014

Fantastic hostel, great staff, good atmosphere, good facilities and common areas, activities and generally a great place to stay. Note that there is no lift and it's a tad far from the tube, but a great neighbourhood. Would stay again.

We were at Astor Hyde Park in April 2014, which was a wonderful time in London , what with the lovely weather and the average temperature of +17. The staff were extremely helpful, the location is good but maybe a bit too tame and well-behaved). One of the worst things was, we were staying on floor 5 and there's no lift, that was a bit difficult. Also, a window in our room was broken. But for the weather it might have ruined the stay. The bathroom was clean, I walked around in my socks.

• Russia

I had a great stay at the Astor Hyde Park. The only minus, if I can call it that, is that there is no elevator, and we lived on the 4th floor.

• Norway

This was the best hostel I've ever stayed in. I was blown away by the friendliness of the staff. The building itself was fantastic, with a huge, well furnished lounge and a great kitchen. The rooms were clean and far more spacious than I expected them to be.

• 14th Apr 2014

A very nice place with a great staff. We chose this hostel because it was one of the cheapeast to stay there, and we really didn't expect so much about the place. And it was a really nice surprise to see that it is fantastic. When we come back to London, we will stay in this hostel again for sure.

• 10th Apr 2014
  • Spain
  • All Male Group, 25-30

This hostel is by far the best i've stayed in. It's very spacious and clean, people are friendly, staff helpful and welcoming. And one thing that's rare: the wi-fi worked great!! The huge home-cinema in the living room is the cherry on the cake.

room and toilet was not bad, it kept sort of cleanliness which made me satisfied a bit. About location, needs to take underground, but it is okay. friendly staff and good atmosphere. Wanna give my score of 8 our of 10.

the nights staying at Astor Hyde Park was great! i love where the hostel locates, especially it is easy to be reached by buses and plus, i used to cycle inside hyde park every morning and every evening when i was in london, because the hostel is just next to the hyde park!

• 7th Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

My only complaint is that the room was very cold and the radiators didn't work.

This hostel was great. The staff was phenomenal and the hostel was very comfortable and homey. No bar on premise, but the free breakfast was nice. The location was great and tube was very easy to access from multiple parts of the city. I definitely recommend the free walking tour that they advertise in the reception area.

the location of the hostel is very good and locates near the big city lung - Hyde Park, also it is near national history museum, where it is a place good for a walk

Very beautiful building with nice rooms.

• 5th Apr 2014

Such a lovely location. Great staff too!

• 5th Apr 2014

It was a very pleasant stay. The location is one of the best and the staff is very nice. I would recommend it to anyone on a short trip to London.

• 4th Apr 2014
  • India

Very clean but four bed rooms were very small. A lot of staff living there weren't so sociable. Difficult to get to know people if you are a single traveller.

great location, next to hyde park and a bunch of museums but bad breakfast system and the fire alarm started during the night with no reason, that was really bad!!! also one toilet (for all our needs...) for 10 people is not sufficient..

Overall I found it unexceptional. The only thing I was happy about was that it was so low cost in such a high cost neighborhood. However, that should be a given considering I shared a room with 11 other strangers. I didn't like that we didn't have our own outlets and that the building was kind of grimy, but I suppose it's just old.

It was great staying at the hostel. The staff was great and very helpful, the hostel location was amazing and I have a great time during my ten days there. I will definitely come back if I can!

• 1st Apr 2014