Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

room and toilet was not bad, it kept sort of cleanliness which made me satisfied a bit. About location, needs to take underground, but it is okay. friendly staff and good atmosphere. Wanna give my score of 8 our of 10.

Very beautiful building with nice rooms.

• 5th Apr 2014

Such a lovely location. Great staff too!

• 5th Apr 2014

It was a very pleasant stay. The location is one of the best and the staff is very nice. I would recommend it to anyone on a short trip to London.

• 4th Apr 2014
  • India

Very clean but four bed rooms were very small. A lot of staff living there weren't so sociable. Difficult to get to know people if you are a single traveller.

great location, next to hyde park and a bunch of museums but bad breakfast system and the fire alarm started during the night with no reason, that was really bad!!! also one toilet (for all our needs...) for 10 people is not sufficient..

Overall I found it unexceptional. The only thing I was happy about was that it was so low cost in such a high cost neighborhood. However, that should be a given considering I shared a room with 11 other strangers. I didn't like that we didn't have our own outlets and that the building was kind of grimy, but I suppose it's just old.

Nice hostel but the lockers are kind of a pain to use and it's in a very posh neighborhood so there aren't a whole lot of options for eating or drinking on a budget nearby. It is right near the park and not too far from the tube and bus stops though.

The hostel was really good in terms of stay and comfort

• 30th Mar 2014
  • India

Great place, really friendly, location fantastic right near Hyde Park. Had a couple of great nights sleep here

Really cool place, perfect location. Breakfast was too simple. Super clean and lovely staff!

Very nice atmosphere and staff helpful and smiling

• 29th Mar 2014
  • Switzerland

Pros: VERY clean, beautiful house, great location and amazing staff! Cons: lack of outlets -- 4 for a room of 10! the breakfast can't really be called a breakfast...rolls and cereal Guests have to wash their own dishes after breakfast...which is okay except when some just rinse them off or don't wash them well at all

Very nice hostel, everything looks clean and there's enough space. Nice lounge etc. Very impressed!!

• 24th Mar 2014

I love this place I have stayed here before, last time I didn't think it could get any better but some how it is. It's even cleaner then before I saw the kitchen being cleaned 3 times in one day any my room was spotless well apart from the mess my room mates made but I can't fault the hostel on that. The staff are super friendly answering all of my question and chatting and partying with us even if they weren't working. I will always come back to Astor every time I'm in London. Thanks guys

Staff was very welcoming, friendly and helpful, and the place was great!

The staff were extremely considerate and inclusive of lone-travelers and are in tune with general environment. (One male quest who was making women uncomfortable was quickly asked to check-out.) They perform maintenance daily so the premise always feels clean. Towels, locks, and outlet adapters are available for a small fee. The location is great if you're a museum-junkie and it's a safe 0.6 mile walk to the nearest tube stop if you are an anything-else junkie. It's perfect for young travelers.

• 21st Mar 2014

The location of the hostel, just south of Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens, was great! A little more than I was willing to spend for just 2 nights, but with our own toilet and shower in our room, I was very satisfied.

Staff was very helpful. Even when questions did not concern anything about the hostel or travel in general, they where willing to help.

• 20th Mar 2014

Beautiful building located near the most beautiful parks in London! Staff is very friendly

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7