Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

Although it is London, the hostel is very expensive for what they offer. Cleanliness of the room and the facilities may be better, I stayed in backpackers hostels in Asia that were incredibly clean, even looking more to a hotel than to a hostel. There are holes in some ceiling that need to be repaired. Staff was great. They may remove the under 35 years old rule. I met over 40y backpackers in my trips that had younger spirit than some guests I met in the hostel...

• 24th Aug 2014
  • Spain

Really great location. Clean facilities with a really cozy lounge that makes you feel at home! The staff was really kind and helpful! It's bookmarked for a future trip to London.

• 24th Aug 2014

Staff in this hostel deserves for applauds. They are very kind, well trained, not urgent, in positive meaning.

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Poland

Best Hostel ever. Friendly and helpfull staff, really well located, good beds and communal area. Only one things is the lack of sockets and that the bathrooms are inside the rooms.

Astor is a pretty cool hostel. I unfortunately got stuck in a room with 8 sorority sisters so only hung out with one other backpacker. Free wifi which is awesome and comfy beds!

A paradigm of effective Hostel management. While the internet wasn't extremely fast it was reliable, which is a real networking feat for hostels with dozens of devices connected at once - I've only ever been to a few hostels which have managed this. They also really helped me out with something I needed to mail to the hostel. Very comfortable beds, too. Only real downside was that like all of London it wasn't very good value for money.

Everything was fine by me

• 17th Aug 2014

Staff was helpful, location was excellent, a few of the toilets were broken, my room was pretty messy but that's not their fault, it was the girls staying there

Very nice hostal I liked it...!! Definitely if I am travelling once again to London I am staying in the Astor Hyde Park again.

Great place, staff and facilities

Great hostel, my girlfriend and I really enjoyed our stay at the Astor Hyde Park in London. Very clean and well-run place. The metro is a bit a walk (maybe 15 mins away), but there is a bus stop thats closer so you can use that too.

Very quiet and comfortable place :)

Love its location, very lovely!! I wake up quite early and was able to take a walk in the Hyde Park. It is also quite close to V&A Museum and Natural Sciences Museum, a wonderful place! Love its common area as well.

• 9th Aug 2014
  • China

Everything was perfect, the atention of the girls in the reception was great, 100% recomendable...

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Mexico

Best option ever! Hostel very well located and good staff.

• 6th Aug 2014

From the description of the hostel and the price I paid, I expected a better than average hostel but found it mostly average. Positive: Comfortable bed, clean linen, good water pressure in shower, nice staff in reception, close to Hyde park, could borrow adaptors and locks. Negative: No bedlights, sound from street, very basic breakfast after which you have to clean your own dishes, wi-fi not working in room, 10-15 min walk to tube.

This hostel is in the beautiful Kensington area, almost adjacent to Hyde Park. It's a bit of a walk to the tube. The atmosphere was a little lacking: the common room is more like a library in the evenings. The dorm was fairly spacious and clean, although some of the beds are awfully close to each other. Excellent and helpful staff.

Awesome !!!!!

• 4th Aug 2014

It was my first stay at any hostel and i truly enjoyed it. I highly recommend this place. Its clean and relaxed. The staff is really friendly and accommodating esp andrew. The guests are nice and friendly too. The best thing about this place is its location. Its walking distance from hyde park, museums, south ken station and high street ken. Its easy to find and easily accessible.

• Pakistan

Everyone was super friendly and helpful except for the lady who came in to clean our room. She didn't knock and when she opened the door she stood there and made a rude remark about one of the people staying in the room. But other than that it was an amazing place to stay and would definitely reccommend it!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7