Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

Although I stayed for a night. V helpful staffs, good environment and good facilities on that price. Look forward for next time. Check out time is little bit early, would be excellent if they do it until at least 1100 am.

• 29th Jan 2015
  • Nepal

Excellent stay! Very clean, good storage, great location, beautiful building and above all very friendly staff.

Our days there were just perfect. We've got everything we ask for. Staff very helpfull and there was no trouble with anything. No better prices in central London. There were no lies or bad surprises either. We where 8 and there was no problem to be on the same room. We will come back, for sure.

• 23rd Jan 2015
  • Spain

Great place to stay! All the staff are super friendly and welcoming, and because they live at the hostel you get to know them quite well. Really well equipped kitchen and the common lounge room has lots of couches and often has movies playing at night. If you can get past the stairs (no lift) to the rooms then I'd definitely recommend staying here!

The best wifi I've ever had in a hostel- easy to connect, never had any issues with it. Rooms and common areas were always clean. One of the main deciding factors when we chose to stay here was that it had a kitchen and it was great. Short walk to two tube stops, dining options, grocery stores, Hyde Park. We didn't explore the museums but they're literally right around the corner. Everyone in the hostel kept commenting on how nice and helpful the staff were- and they are! Thanks for a great stay

• 21st Jan 2015

Had an amazing stay in the Astor. The staff were all super lovely and welcoming and the facilities were great. My only bad comment is that the drawers under the bed are the most annoying thing ever! I would definitely stay in this homely hostel again

Hey there, we are very glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Thanks for the lovely words and for taking the time to write us a review. Can't wait to welcome you again next time you are in London! All the best, Astor Hyde Park xx

Great hostel with friendly, helpful staff! Loved the location, about 10 min walk to South Kensington or Gloucester Rd underground stations. The atmosphere is very relaxed. I really appreciated the free printing at reception for my plane and bus tickets. The bed was comfortable and warm. There's no lift in the building, so if you're on the 5th floor like I was, you'll have great glutes by the end of your stay from all the stairs! Cleanliness of the bathrooms could do with a bit more attention.

• 18th Jan 2015

This was my first time staying at a hostel so I didn't have high expectations but I was pleasantly surprised at how great Astor Hyde Park was. The staff is really cool and it was lovely to be able to come back at the end of a long day to an inviting atmosphere. The hostel's location was probably my favorite aspect! I loved being able to walk around Hyde Park every morning and it's very conveniently located, only a few stops on the tube from Piccadilly Circus. Overall, highly recommend this place

• South Korea

Hello, We are so pleased you chose to stay with us for your first hostel experience. We are extremely happy that everything was better than you expected. We take pride in offering a homely feel here and that guests do feel like this is their home away from home. Can't wait to see you again. Thanks for the awesome review. All the best, Astor Hyde Park xx

The staff is really nice and they are very attentive to one's need. The hostel is very good located. Rooms are very clean and breakfast is ok ! We definitively recommend this hostel for any trip in London !

• 18th Jan 2015

Hello, thanks for the awesome review! We really appreciate it. All our rooms are cleaned daily and the building is cleaned 3 times per day to ensure everyone is satisfied with our cleanliness. Glad you got to enjoy our delicious breakfast. Coming soon we will be offering fruit as well! Can't wait to welcome you again next time you are in London. Enjoy the rest of your travels, Astor Hyde Park xx

Friendly staff, respectful guests, and nice amenities. The place was clean and certainly a great value. Super close to Hyde Park, which was great. However, we used the tube and the buses to get mostly everywhere else because walking to the city would take unreasonably long. I certainly would recommend this hostel to others!

Awesome place, awesome stay, awesome people. I mean that IS three awesomes in a row, so obviously I had a good time. The facilities and cleanliness are quite nice. They clean the holy hell outta the place everyday. The only negative I found was a lack of hand towels in the common bathrooms downstairs to dry your hands with. I know they do towel rental, but hand towels in the common restrooms should be a normal thing. There was also a bit of staff drama I noticed. Will return for certain.

• 17th Jan 2015

Hello, Thanks for taking the time to leave us an amazing review! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay, we loved having you. Glad you noticed the amount of times we clean our building daily. We truly like to ensure that the building is spotless. As for the drama between staff. I apologize you had to notice that, if you could please e-mail us @ hydepark@astorhostels.com with what you saw, we would like to look further into that. Thanks for staying with us! Cant wait to see you again. AHP

Had a great time . The staff were very professional , helpful and friendly night and day . A little bit of a walk to the tube but was worth the extra few mins . More of a quiet hostel would have been more fun on the weekend if they had some sort of party for those having pre drinks and for those not going out as London can be expensive on a night out , even though they did great pub crawls with reduced prices on drinks . Thank you Astor hyde park for a great experience :)

• 16th Jan 2015

Best located backpakers in London!

Very good location and very welcoming, friendly staff. The room and the common areas was clean. The kitchen had everything you need to make a something to eat. The morning breakfast was very good.

• 11th Jan 2015
  • India

Nice location, lovely staff members. It took a while for them to fix the toilet door, making showers awkward since it was an en-suite with 3 other strangers. But besides that they were very helpful. The walking tour mentioned in their map was awesome (it was free too).

Hello, Thank you for taking the time leaving us a review. On behalf of all the staff at Astor Hyde Park I would like to apologize about the lock not properly working during your stay. The issue is resolved and we are sorry for the inconvienance it caused you during your stay. Glad everything else was fine and that you took advantage of the free walking tour. Hope you had a safe flight to Mumbai! Hope to see you here next time you are in London. Lots of love from Astor Hyde Park xx

Most of all, the staffs are realllly kind ;^)

• 10th Jan 2015
  • South Korea

Hello, Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to write a review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay! Our staff thanks you for the kind words and can't wait to welcome you again once you are back in London! Lots of love from Astor Hyde Park xx

Very clean, very lively and accommodating. This was my first stay in a hostel, so I don't have anything to compare it to, but after talking with other people, this couldn't have been a better stay. Close to the bus and tube, and a walkable distance to various museums and attractions and parks. Would recommend to anyone.

• 9th Jan 2015

Good location. I checked out at 4AM and it was really easy. Good staff. Lot's of stairs but if that doesn't bother you it's great

• 9th Jan 2015

One of the best hostels ive stayed in. Convenient,relaxed and a good place to start if you're new to London. The only problem was the constant vacuuming, but nobody is perfect. But they were close.

• 9th Jan 2015

friendliest staff i ever met, young and full of ideas and suggestions, always helpful and with a smile and their face. talking to other guests i had the impression that it was rather a large family than a hostel. if i had had money i would have left a big tip, hope one day to be able to reward those amazing guys!

• Switzerland