Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

Interesting place in amazing part of the city. Easy to get anywhere you need. Very friendly and helpful staff. Breakfest for 0,5 pounds is also great opportunity for those who eat breakfest. If I had to visit London again, I would book this place again.

• 16th Apr 2015
  • Croatia

Really nice staff and great atmosphere!! One suggestion: they could put individual power outlets next to each bed.

Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review we appreciate your feedback! We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us and know our staff is always here to help! Next time, please let us know about the power outlet situation. We would be more than happy to place an additional powercord in the room for you. Safe travels, Astor Hyde Park xx

super fun place, staff was awesome and the building was gorgeous. slight walk to the tube station but the natural history museum is just right around the corner. all in all, it was great

Hey, Thanks for the awesome review, we appreciate it! We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us and can't wait to welcome you back!! Lots of love, Astor Hyde Park xx

Overall, this place was pretty good! The location's very nice, the free anytime coffee and tea service was appreciated, the 50p breakfast was solid, good wifi speed and signal, the bed was comfortable and the room was clean. My only real problem was with the under the bed storage crates, which were really noisy, and the complete lack of ventilation in the en suite rooms. If you're going to bolt the windows shut in a room with a shower, you have got to put a fan in the bathroom. Yuck!

• 6th Apr 2015

This is the best hostel I have stayed at in london. The staff are super friendly and helpful and the location is perfect! It's an awesome place if you want to party or just chill out. Would recommend everyone stays here!!

• 5th Apr 2015

Great location, great facilities, clean, friendly staff.

• 5th Apr 2015

Had a really good stay, and staff were helpful by taking my bag up the numerous stairs for me etc. One issue was that despite the sign saying otherwise, staff and guests were often loitering on the stairs smoking, which was uninviting. The room was comfortable and the shower was great. A bit noisy but not bad for a hostel. Very close to museums and the tube. Would stay again!

Hello, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us! There is a strict no noise policy in the hallways after 10pm. If there is ever an issue please let reception know and we can resolve it immediately. As for the no smoking on the steps, we have a strict policy where no one is to hangout on the steps past 8pm and we enforce that rule nightly. We're looking forward to having you here again. Safe travels, Astor Hyde Park

The experience in your hostel was awesomea especially the people and the atmosphere. For me, one of the strengths of this hostel, is that they oragnize a lot of activities so it is a good opportunity to meet people all over the world.

• 4th Apr 2015
  • Spain

Hello, We're thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us! Our staff is always here to help and yes, we do organise events daily to ensure there is always something going on here. We're glad you participated in our events and enjoyed yourself! We thank you for the review and are looking forward to seeing you again!! Lots of love, Astor Hyde Park xx

Very nice hostel, the attention was very correct and didn't have any problem. The location is ok, near Hyde park and not to far from the center but to get the tube you have to walk like 10 minutes. For the bus it's only 3 minutes.

There should be more electric sockets in the bedroom, because 12 people trying to charge their batteries (mobile phones) in 3 or 4 sockets, could be a bit complicated.

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Spain

Booked my stay last minute because my prior arrangements cancelled on me - ended up having a better stay than I would've with my original plans! The staff is great and there are lots of free things to do nearby!

Hi there, We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We loved having you here! We hope to see you again real soon. Lots of love, Astor Hyde Park xx

It was a perfect location; 15 minutes to walk to the city centre/Harrods, plus buses stop all along the street (Kensington). The people were friendly, and I had a great time. The only downside is that it is a little expensive, and if you're looking for a budget stay you may find cheaper places. Wi-fi didn't work too well in my room, only in the lounge/common areas. The shower was also weak; if these are not problems for you, then this is a great place to stay. :)

• 3rd Apr 2015

I had a fab time here! The hostel is in a really nice area with excellent access to buses/the tube so there are no problems with getting anywhere. If you (really) enjoy walking you needn't even pay for public transport to get to Westminster/ West End. Cleanliness was pretty good- our bathroom/shower smelled a bit funny but otherwise no issues there. Only other small complaint is that the under-bed drawers have a latch that is too big for a luggage lock and they were out of padlocks.

The staff was FANTASTIC. They were very welcoming and helpful with planning day trips, where to eat, and where to go out at night. I never felt worried about safety and found all of the fellow travels to be very kind and friendly.

Hi there, Thanks for the awesome review! You guys we're great! If there is every anything you need please do let us know, we are here to help! Hope you guys are enjoying Greece and that we get to see you again soon!! Safe Travels, Astor Hyde Park xx

We stayed at Astor Hyde Park for only one night but were very impressed. The place was clean and in a great location with fantastic facilities. All the staff were very helpful and friendly and there were a range of activities each night. The mattresses were surprisingly comfortable and there was a proper pillow, unlike the usual uncomfortable pillows-that-aren't-even-enough-if you-fold-them-in-half things you normally find at hostels. Overall we were very impressed.

• 1st Apr 2015

Hello, Thanks for the awesome review! We appreciate it. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope next time it can be for longer than one night! We work hard to ensure our hostel is the best in London and are glad you felt that way. We hope to have you stay with us again soon. Safe travels, Astor Hyde Park

I felt at home; the staff and other guests make you feel like you are a part of the Astor Family. I will definitely be staying here again.

• 31st Mar 2015

one of the best hostel ! very kind and helpful staff clean , confortable , quiet , the kitchen and the meetings area , r isolated from rooms , so , no noise , u can sleep well !

전철역이랑은 거리가 좀있는데 위에 파크쪽으로 가시면 관광지로가는 버스들많아요 전 4일묵는데 오이스터카드 25불충전하고 9불남겨왓네요 아 불이이니고 파운드요 리셉션친구들 굉장히친절하고 엘리베이터없어서 올라갈때 힘들긴하지만 한번이니까요. 주변조용하고 안전해서 특히여성분들한테 추천하고싳네요

• 29th Mar 2015
  • South Korea

I stayed at the Astor Hyde Pard for about two weeks and in those two weeks the hostel became a home. The hostel itself was welcoming and organized, making living there extremely easy and effortless. The staff knew their trade and were so helpful and just amazing individuals. I have no ill word to say about my experience and I will surely return!

• 28th Mar 2015
  • Finland

Great experience! Very friendly staff.

• 27th Mar 2015