Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

Not a bad hostel, but not amazing either. Just okay. Perhaps we just unluckily got a dud room in what looked to be a great hostel. Our bathroom was being renovated so we had to shower in a smelly bathroom elsewhere and the toilets overflowed a couple of times. There didn't seem to be that much of a vibe either, despite some really cool facilities. Location was great- close to Hyde park and public transport. I would stay here again just to give it another go.

First of all the staff! They were absolutely amazing, from the time we checked i (at 2330!) to the time we left, they made us feel like family. Any questions or concerns we had about the city or he hostel itself, they went beyond to satisfy our needs. The £1 continental breakfast was also a life saver, choosing from a wide variety of cereals, toast and juices to start your busy days off. It was our first hostel experience and were extremely pleased with all of what we received at Astor Hyde Park

• 24th Jul 2015

Hi there! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us some feedback! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your first hostel experience! It was our pleasure having you as part of family and we cant wait to see you again next time your in London! Safe travels! Lots of Love, Astor HP xo

My stay was great, everyone was really nice and i will definitely be going back.

• 23rd Jul 2015

Hello! Thanks so much for the review! We are so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time here with us! We can't wait until you return to london! Until then, Safe Travels! Lots of Love, Astor HP xo

This was my first hostel experience and honestly, it was a really fantastic one! The staff was super friendly and helpful. There were a lot of events and chances to be social, which I liked a lot. It was conveniently located with major bus lines and not a super far walk from the tube. Overall, fantastic experience and would definitely stay again.

• 22nd Jul 2015

Awesome place! I'll be back!!

• 22nd Jul 2015

Super comfy bed in our lovely private room with a clean en-suite bathroom, towels provided, and even a tea set included! We had a fantastic stay and the staff was very accommodating. Definitely worth the price. Thanks for making our London trip more special.

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to leave us some feedback! We are so happy to hear that we've made your experience in London that little bit special :) We hope to see you guys next time you're in London! All the best, Lots of love Astor HP xo

The building is very old and has no lift although the building itself is quite beautiful. Staff was okay, not friendly compared to other staffs from other hostels I've been. The 10 bed-room dorm with toilet was horrible as the bathroom is humid and has molds. They provide free breakfast with 1 pound fee for donation. Nice location right by the Royal Albert hall and in the rich neighborhood, Kensington and Chelsea but there are no convenient stores or restaurants nearby.

• 21st Jul 2015
  • South Korea

Very good and safe location in London. Surrounded by many embassies. 10min to subway and then another 15 min into the center. However I missed blow dryers and sometimes even mirrors in the bathrooms.

• 21st Jul 2015

The beds here are comfy, the staff really friendly and helpful and the location is in a very cute neighborhood. The stairs are a bit killer after a while but I would definitely stay here again.

Astor Hyde park is in a great location and close to the beautiful Hyde park and Kensington gardens, and museums and subway stations! The downside to my stay was the bathroom in my room was closed as the sink was blocked and it stunk the whole time I was there! It also meant I had to go upstairs to shower. The wifi also only worked in the common area (or didn't work in my downstairs room!) but the 1 euro breakfast was great and location is so good I would stay again.

Some staff were super friendly and made an effort with the guests, but some others were pretty rude. Faculties were fine and cleanish. Wifi was a bit dodgy. Also beware with suitcases, there is no elevator. Rooms were very basic and not well thought out but the building is old (can't drink the tap water from some levels because of old piping) so they're limited in that respect.

I'm not sure if I would stay at this hostel again. The location is amazing, and the staff are great but what killed it for me were two things: all the stairs I had to ascend with so much luggage and the cramped size of the room. It would be good if, when paying a high price for a 4-bedroom dorm, the bathroom was not separate. Still, it is one of London's better hostels that's for sure.

The staff was great, Manuel in particular managed to help me settle down before I changed my mind last minute due to unforeseen situation when I checked in. On the other hand, Victor was very cool but he doesn't talk much so don't be scared of him! Thanks for everything!

• 18th Jul 2015
  • Malaysia

Had a lovely stay! Will definitely stay again! Room was big and spacious, fan provided which was great, very respectful roommates!

An excellent hostel, one of the west we have stayed in the world! Friendly helpful staff, great location, clean rooms and very comfy beds. Excellent! Definitely coming again!

• 17th Jul 2015

Very welcoming property for hostel-lovers. A beautiful Victorian building whose quaintness has been well-balanced by the fun quirky interiors. Hence, you mostly don't mind the lack of an elevator. They provide a lot of activities & facilities either for free or for a nominal charge. But best part about the hostel is the fun and helpful staff who help you explore the city even better. Only improvement - would be more convenient and efficient if the fixed shower is replaced with a hand shower.

Loved the vibe of this hostel. Staff was awesome, rooms were nice, and I loved the common areas. However, the only thing I did not enjoy was that the bathrooms smelled terrible.

Really nice staff, such a good area and good facilities - hostel organised events and walking tours so lots of fun etc do recommend

Great location among posh buildings, 2 minutes walk to Hyde Park. Nice and welcoming staff. 6-bed-room is big enough but lack of shelf to put personal belongs. Bathroom and shower room is average. £1 for breakfast and £3 for laundry. Overall, it's a good experience.

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us some feedback. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We cant wait to have you stay with us again! Lots of Love, Astor HP xo

Nice hostel overall, but the facilities were cramped. I was in a 5 bed room and there were two other rooms on my floor, all sharing one bathroom. The room itself was on the small side, but that's London, I guess. It had a sink, which was a plus! There were drawers under the beds for luggage storage, too.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7