Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

Great Hostel! The staff is really nice and always willing to help. Everything was just as seen on the website or better. The only bad thing I could point out is that you have to climb up lots of stairs, but is a Youth Hostel, we're young so what the heck? xD Really good in general! I would definitely recommend!

• 9th Sep 2014
  • Spain

Thank you for your comments! We do try and keep everything as perfect as possible for you! Next time just let us know and we are more than happy to carry your bags for you! And if you've done too much walking during the day we can piggie back you up to your room ;) Safe travels, lots of love AHP.

The location of this hostel was fantastic, the building was beautiful and the staff were incredibly helpful. I would recommend this hostel to anyone wanting a nice atmosphere in an excellent location. Was perfect for my stay in central London!

• 9th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

Thanks so much for your stay and kind words! Hope to see you next time in wonderful London!

The staff is kind and friendly, but the hostel is far from the underground station, you need to walk around 13mins to hostel. the hostel is no elevator, so you can imagine how hard when you need to move your luggage to/from 5th or 6th floor..., the breakfast is just ok, you need to wash the dishes by yourself. If you are a simple Backpacker, this is a good place for you, but if you need to shopping a lot and have more luggage, you have to choose other hostel.

Hey thanks for your Feeback. Sorry you did not enjoy our beautiful location! For your next visit there is a bus that leaves from the door of the hostel to the tube station that gets you there in around a minute! And we are always happy to help you after a big day of shopping to carry your bags! Have a wonderful time on the rest of your travels! Lots of love AHP

it was a very nice hostel, we enjoyed our stay in London and were happy to sleep at Astor hyde Park.

Super happy you had a great time with us! Looking forward to seeing you next time in beautiful London!

Location was nice, but not as close to the tube as expected. Initially staff where helpful, but on day 2 directions we were given were incorrect and caused us to go to the wrong area. Obviously it is London so bound to be more expensive and smaller than other hostels, but the bed was horrible, and the bathroom not super clean. Would not stay again.

Good value, nice to make deposits on things instead of having to buy. Staff was friendly when we got there, but only to the point of getting us what we needed and no interaction beyond that. Then new staff came and were very cool.

• 5th Sep 2014

Hey thank you for your feedback! Indeed we believe in providing the best product at the cheapest price without the hidden extras to keep your stay simple and safe! Hopefully the next time you are here you get to meet the whole crew outside of work hours and do something fun! Enjoy the rest of your journey! AHP

Very nice hostel in a great location - one of the best that I've had the privilege of staying in. Friendly staff who are helpful in the face of uncertain travel plans. The one improvement I would suggest is that they monitor the inside of the lock rooms more closely. The reception remotely unlocks the rooms and can see people's faces as the door is unlocked, but I did not notice cameras inside the rooms, so once inside, anything can happen.

Was a lovely stay. You feel pretty spoilt being in the most gorgeous suburb in London close to parks and museums. The staff were super helpful too.

We hope you get to walk down the beautiful boulevard back to our hostel door some day soon! Have a great time in your next destination! The team at AHP!

Good hostel with clean and safe rooms. The breakfast is well appreciated. Located a bit far from the main center, but next to an underground station.

Beautiful location but the staff are a bunch of 'kids' who get drunk every other day and serve breakfast late with long faces.

Would stay there again - Hostel was superb. The only two negatives that I had were the bathroom in the one big dorm room did not have a working fan in the room and the hostel is a little bit of a hike to the metro (the blocks in the area are huge). However, this hostel was awesome, first time I had stayed in a hostel and it was a great experience. The breakfast was good with fresh bread every morning. Common room was also nice. Also this is right around all the embassies a block from Hyde Park.

• 3rd Sep 2014

Not the most exciting hostel I've stayed at, very chill atmosphere.

• 1st Sep 2014

Lovely place. Good location and very nice staff. The breakfast is not so good, but the place is very well located. Is not a real party place, but you can walk around and find some nice pubs.

• 1st Sep 2014

Astor Hyde Park was my first time staying at a hostel and all measurable exceeded expectations. The staff were extremely friendly and I would definitely recommend this place for anyone who needs a cheap place in Kensington. Glad I made the decision to come here.

• 1st Sep 2014

I absolutely enjoyed staying here! This was my first hostel experience! I was a bit nervous at first but the staff made me feel extremely welcome & safe. I met many amazing people and would hands down recommend this hostel to others!

• 30th Aug 2014

It's too low, the height of the first bed. The other thing, i'm very satisfied. :)

• 29th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

My brother and I stayed here for one night before flying home, great staff and hostel. Maybe a little expensive and far away from the tube.

• 28th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

The staff was pleasent and the stay was nice. Breakfast was just cereal and roles, not too bad for us. Neighborhood was quite and there were a couple of good pubs down the street. Lockers under the ness were nice. Location a little far from the action, but very doable. I might would stay again if I wanted a quite place.

Nice and clean hostel in a beautiful building excellently located. I've only came there for one night so didn't spend therre much time but general impression quite good:)

Although it is London, the hostel is very expensive for what they offer. Cleanliness of the room and the facilities may be better, I stayed in backpackers hostels in Asia that were incredibly clean, even looking more to a hotel than to a hostel. There are holes in some ceiling that need to be repaired. Staff was great. They may remove the under 35 years old rule. I met over 40y backpackers in my trips that had younger spirit than some guests I met in the hostel...

• 24th Aug 2014