Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

The hostel is in a great location. Our beds were clean and other guests were respectful if they came in late. Breakfast was extremely basic. My only complaint is that I wish the staff has showed us around as this was our first time staying at a hostel. Also for my American friends the room gets very hot, no a/c.

• 29th Jun 2015

Astor Hyde park is definitely the best hostel I have ever stayed at while travelling through europe. The facilities are always clean and the building itself is beautiful. The staff are super friendly people and come from all over the world making it more of a global experience. The receptions also have a great knowledge off london and are willing to help with anything you need. I will be telling all my friends about this place and would suggest it to anyone and everyone!

Excellent location and felt very safe while I was there. Located in an absolutely beautiful Victorian townhouse and facilities were always very clean. Beds were comfy and I just liked this place overall!

The perfect location and the perfect cosy room. 24 hour access was extremely useful and it was good being able to drop our bags off early before we actually checked into our rooms. Totally brilliant stay and would choose that over a hotel any day! Thanks so much ^-^

• 23rd Jun 2015

Good location about 12 mins walk from Gloucester Road tube station, nice place, friendly staff, charity breakfast, though toilet was a bit smelly.

• 22nd Jun 2015
  • Singapore

Location couldn't be better, and it's so nice that they have anything your need for hire. Makes for a really comfortable stay!

Stay was very helpful and the bed comfy!

very nice staff, decent location (there are bus and train stops practically everywhere so no location is horrible). only complaint was that in our 10 bed room there was only one area in the room where there were outlets for charging and the bathroom floor was usually wet for the entire day after people showered and it made it a little uncomfortable to sit in water when using the toilet. overall would reccommend!!

Hi! Thanks for the review! So pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Please note that we are currently in the process of having individual lights and power sockets for each bed! They should be ready for your next visit! Our rooms are serviced everyday however if you ever need additional cleaning services please let us know at reception. We'll fix the issue asap! See you next time in London! Lots of Love, Astor HP xo

I had a really nice stay at astor hyde park. It's in such a beautiful location and I liked the breakfast in the morning. THey had a lot of information about pub crawls and free tours you can do. I did one of the tours through undiscovered and it was excellent. I just wish they had a bar attached to the hostel. It's a little bit easier to meet people when you are in a more social setting like that. Also I wish the outlets weren't in one spot. but overall I thoight it was a great hostel!

• 16th Jun 2015

Loved the place, one of the nicest hostels I have ever stayed at. The location is easy to find and a lovely part of london, and the building and rooms are beautiful.

10/10 would definitely stay again

• 15th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

Safety, location, and staff are all really great! I'm not sure how good it is for meeting people but it's a good place for an affordable stay.

• 15th Jun 2015

I loved staying here. The stairs are a killer but for the location and cost it was amazing.

• 14th Jun 2015

Excellent place to stay. Staff were super helpful and polite and friendly throughout my time there. The atmosphere was wonderful with the staff and the other guests. The shared spaces were vibrant and everyone seemed totally open to meeting new folks. Thanks team!

• 14th Jun 2015

Great hostel with amazing staff!!

• 13th Jun 2015

It seemed more like a home than hostel. I loved the late night Netflix marathons, and everyone was just so incredibly nice and helpful!

The only frustrating thing was a noisy group that stayed in my dorm. Everything else way great!

• 12th Jun 2015

Well located and nice environment! I have stayed many hostel through Europe and this is one of the coolest, helpful stuff, good location and chilled atmosphere.

• 12th Jun 2015
  • mtrc
  • Turkey

Extremely nice staff with great attitude! Nice environment for meeting new friends is you are open-minded! Everything is really cool in this hostel! It takes a bit long time from the Gloucester Road tube station but it only take a few minutes from the bus line no. 9 (which is within 5 minutes)

• 11th Jun 2015
  • China

Recpetion was not very helpful

• 10th Jun 2015