Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

Had a great stay here. The staff was very friendly and helped us find our way around the city. They took the time to map out directions for us which was very nice. It was a great location walking distance to Kensington palace. We stayed in the 10 person dorm and felt very safe and it was very clean. I would definitely stay here again!

• 27th Feb 2015

Brilliant staff throughout the whole stay - a warm welcome from Dan at the reception, he was very helpful and friendly. Also thank you to the guy (sorry, do not remember the name) who came to fix the window for us at night. Great facilities and overall atmosphere. And quite cheap for such an amazing location. Would definitely come back :)

• 27th Feb 2015
  • Lithuania

I really enjoyed my stay at this place. People (staff and visitors) are nice, bedrooms too. I was in a room with 11 other people and everything was ok! That's very close from Hyde park and and not very far high street kensigton metro station. Great place

Very nice hostel in a very nice neighbourhood! Only a 3 minute walk from the Natural History Museum (which I would definitely recommend) and close to bus stops/metro stations. The building itself is beautiful, and the rooms and very clean. Great kitchen/dining area for those who wish to cook and a 0.50 p breakfast (money goes to charity) with cereal, toast and spreads, and tea and coffee. I would recommend you bring 1 or 2 padlocks with you as they will ask for a 5 pound deposit to rent one.

• 26th Feb 2015

As usual, great staff, good services, very helpful. When it comes to hostels in London, this is a reference.

The best hostel in London in my opinion

Hey there, Thanks for the awesome review! We appreciate the kind words and are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Can't wait to welcome you back! Lots of love from Astor Hyde Park xx

Great hostel, clean, secure and well located. Really cool staff helpful and friendly. Good value, free stuff. Definetly a place to stay!

• 19th Feb 2015

Hello, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of all that we have to offer. We hope to have you stay with us again soon! All the best, Astor Hyde Park

Maybe put individual lights in the dormitories... So Annoying when someone (a drunk guy) comes back at 3am switches the light on and wakes everyone up, and aggressively refuses to turn the light off.

• 19th Feb 2015

Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We appreciate the feedback. We apologize for the one guest distrubing your sleep and making that nights stay uncomfortable for you. If there is any ever issue like this please inform reception. We will resolve the issue promptly. As for the lights, we are currently in the process of installing lights for all the beds! Hope to see you again soon. Lots of love from Astor Hyde Park (:

the service guy was born on 22.6 lol

• 18th Feb 2015
  • China

I can't rate accurately cause I didn't stay finally. I went there, and a friend confirmed he could host me so I told the receptionist if we could undo the payment. It was undone immediately and I already checked with the bank. They were very kind even though I was leaving. They told me how to get to my friend's house. Always friendly and helpful. I did get to see the room and bathroom, and talk to people. Oh, and there's an age limit: 18 to 35yo.

• Argentina

The staff at Astor Hyde were super friendly! It was very easy to ask them questions. :-)

• 17th Feb 2015

Hey there, Thanks for taking the time to leave us an awesome review! We are thrilled you ejoyed your stay with us. It was our pleasure having you. Our staff is always here to help! We can't wait to welcome you back. Enjoy the rest of your travels, The team @ Astor Hyde Park xx

Great location near Hyde park.Very friendly staff and great value for money

• Czech Republic

Hello, Many thanks for leaving us a review! We appreciate the feedback and are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us! Can't wait to welcome you back next time you are in London. Enjoy the rest of your travels, The team @ Astor Hyde Park

Really lovely place in the nicest neighbourhood in London. Would definitely stay there again, I can't fault it.

To start, this hostel is extremely expensive, about the same price as a decent hotel in the same area. We were put in a 5 person dorm which was EXTREMELY small, there was no room to walk around, you were always in someones way. The bunk beds are so short that you cannot sit up, but there are no chairs either. To top it all off, the walls were covered in mold which made our stuff wreak of mold too. The atmosphere is also very odd and a bit unwelcoming. Would not return.

• 13th Feb 2015

No wifi in the rooms. The bed I slept on was right next to a huge patch of mold

• 13th Feb 2015

Loved staying at Astor Hyde Park. It is located walking distance from the Natural Historu Museum, although it is a little farther from the heart of London. The staff was super friendly and the building itself was beautiful! It's nice staying in one of the best neighborhoods of London for 18 pounds a night! Definitely recommend and will for sure be coming back!

• 13th Feb 2015

I had a fabulous time at the Astor Hyde Park location! It was so central and so simple to get places that I wouldn't have stayed anywhere else. I have recommended it to the other girls in my program for when they travel to London. The people were great, the value was great, everything was outstanding! The price seemed steep upon booking, but once you arrive you realize it is all well-worth it! Hats off to Astor Hyde Park!

• 12th Feb 2015

Hi there, Thanks for the awesome review! We are very appreciative of all the kind words. We love that your stay was exceptional, we are always striving to ensure our guests have the best stay possible! Can't wait to see you again! Lots of love for Astor Hyde Park xx

You need an elevator!!! or at least one to take luggage up to the higher floors. It's not that I'm lazy, it's actually just dangerous as the staircase is so narrow. The linen is disgusting! Just because you are paying less it doesn't mean the linen can be so substandard. I went and bought myself a duvet cover, just to avoid sleeping in yours. It was my first hostel experience and it will definitely never happen again.

• 9th Feb 2015
  • South Africa

Thanks for leaving us a review. Due to the amazing property we have we are unable to install an elevator however all of our staff are at the ready to help you take your bags to your room. We pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our property so if there is ever an issue, please just tell reception and it will be fixed immediately. We are here to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable so letting us know about any concerns you have is appreciated. We hope to see you next time you're in London!

It was great staying there :) I would love to stay here again!

• 9th Feb 2015
  • South Korea

We loved having you here! We can't wait to see you again next time you're in London! Lots of love and safe travels, Astor Hyde Park team xo

I booked this hostel, and later found they have age limit written in the middle of their property information long paragraph , which normally I read in the "things to note" paragraph in other hostel, as a result they canceled my booking, this caused me waste time money.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7