9.0
Superb 8,295 Total Reviews
9.0
Superb 8,295 Total Reviews
Astor Hyde Park Located at 191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London.
England
London London SW7 5EU 191 Queensgate, South Kensington
90% 8295
51.5005416 -0.1797294
    Rooms available

23rd May 2016

I stayed here 3 years ago and it is just as nice in 2016. The hostel itself has an older building charm in Hyde Park - a nice quiet area just a 15 minute tube ride from the center. There is a kitchen, the shower and bed were clean, and the location is perfect. I'd gladly stay again. The one downside is that the "older building charm" means no lift - be ready for some exercise if you're on the 5th floor.

• Czech Republic, Female, 25-30
20th May 2016

The stay was perfect, probably the best hostel I have ever visited. Only one comment for those who do not plan partying during weekend: the large shared room is just next to a room where people drink and party at night and they can be very noisy. Otherwise I enjoyed it.

• villalpando_diego6444
  • Mexico, Male, 18-24
19th May 2016

This was my first time staying at a hostel and I have never felt so comfortable and happy with staying here. I would stay here again if I ever find myself in London ever again.

• Hong Kong, Male, 25-30
19th May 2016

Their staff is very nice! All very helpful, everything is very good, just the Wi-Fi is a bit slow.

• TorontoMarky
  • Canada, Male, 25-30
19th May 2016

The staff in this hostel really make this place something special. They're so informative and friendly. They really make you feel welcomed. Add that to the super cheap cost of this place, the quiet location and very clean rooms, and you have yourself a great stay. A bit of a walk to the tube station but that's just me being nitpicky.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
17th May 2016

The staff was really friendly and accessible! The rooms were fine and the bed was comfortable. I enjoyed my stay!

• USA, Male, 18-24
16th May 2016

The only thing that frustrated me was how breakfast is open from 8-10 and then immediately at 10 they kick everyone out to clean the kitchen. It would make more sense to end breakfast at 10 and start cleaning at 10:30 so people who show up at 9:45 to eat don't get the aggressive boot. Other than that good place, nice neighborhood!

16th May 2016

The hostel is very clean and literally down the street from Hyde Park. The beds are a little firm and there aren't outlets next to them, but I have no major complaints. Wifi worked well, breakfast is what you'd expect for £1, and the staff were very friendly. I felt perfectly safe staying there alone.

15th May 2016
7.1

Overall it was a nice place to stay. Comfy beds. The only real issue I faced was a lack of plugs in the room. There were only 4 in our 6-person ensuite room. You would think there would be enough for 1 per person because most people charge at night anyways.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
14th May 2016

From the pictures I had seen I expected this place to be a lot better than it was. It was just pretty boring, the staff were lovely and helpful, if you want somewhere quiet then it would be perfect. Close enough to the tube, having Hyde Park nearby was nice. Was a good hostel I guess, just I was expecting more as I had seen a write up in some blog that made it out to be amazing. Bathrooms were clean.