Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

one of the best hostel ive ever stayed, its clean, safe, has a 1 pound breakfast, really close to subway, buses etc,

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Some key points: It's beautiful, especially the common room that looks like the living room of a fancy house. Everything is very very clean. Comfortable beds. Private bathroom inside the room. Breakfast for 1 pound (which is donated to charity). It is SO cheap. The location is excellent, near Hyde Park and in a pretty neighbourhood. And the staff was always helpful and answered with a smile. What's not to like? Thank you Astor staff!

Clean, comfortable and very friendly staff which made you feel very welcomed. Would definately recomend if its your first time experiencing a hostel. Brilliant place!!

• 1st Feb 2016
  • Scotland

Fine experience. Nothing particularly excellent stands out, but no terrible experiences either.

• 30th Jan 2016
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Hi, thank you for taking time to leave us a review and we are glad you had a pleasant experience. We are sorry to hear you did not get the chance to enjoy the number of events and exploring opportunities we offer, our staff are always willing to help you with anything you need and we make sure we keep everyone updated. We hope to see you next time and get a better view of what our hostel stands for, but please do recommend us any ideas at feedback@astorhostels.com, we love to hear from our guests! Safe travels, Astor Hyde Park team.

Awesome location, friendly, helpful staff, good pricing. Only impracticality I found was, there was just one bathroom for a dorm of 10, so when one of the other guests are taking a shower, you can't use the bathroom or toilet and vice versa.

• 29th Jan 2016

Hi, we are really glad you had a pleasant stay and enjoyed all our services! All our rooms are indeed en suite but we also have bathrooms and showers outside the rooms in the building to avoid long waits during the morning rush hour. We hope to see you again and welcome you in our beautiful city. Safe travels, Astor Hyde Park team :)

Can't believe I've only just discovered this place. It's such good value for such an amazing location. Really friendly staff and always something happening. Love how it's next door to a 5 Star Hotel in such a prestigious place and I paid less than £20 including breakfast for a night. Absolutely brilliant hostel.

• 29th Jan 2016

Thank you very much for your amazing review! Our staff love throwing events and help guests explore our city. We do take pride in our location, such a picturesque and central neighbourhood, just a minute walk from Hyde Park. You will be always welcome to stay with us again and we hope to see you soon :) Astor Hyde Park team.

Felt safe the entire time, lots of friendly people (Staff included) although there was a general cliquishness from people who live at Astor full time. The beds were dated and the room was very hot (Another dude kept closing the window as soon as I opened it and got back into bed which was frustrating. Showers are small, but had no problems co-ordinating it's use with the other residents. Nice kitchen and close to the metro. Overall a great place.

Thank you very much for your feedback, we are very glad you enjoyed your stay. We do have windows and ventilation in all our rooms and bathrooms, we are sorry to hear that some other guest in the room kept closing the window, probably they were feeling more of the cold. Our staff are always willing to help with anything and reception stays open 24 hours, always happy to give solutions. Hope to see you again. Safe travels, Astor Hyde Park team.

Astor Hyde Park was by far the best hostel I have stayed at throughout my travels. Not only was the hostel itself a perfect compromise between convenient location and price, the bubbly personality of the staff and made my stay extremely enjoyable. Thanks to the willingness to accommodate by the employees, my stay was stress free. I will recommend this hostel to all of my friends who plan to visit London. I hope to come back one day. Thanks for making my trip memorable!

• 28th Jan 2016

Thank you for giving us a perfect rating! We do take pride in catering to our guests’ needs and make sure they get the best service and have the best stay. If you’re travelling to our area again soon, don’t hesitate to contact us, you will be always welcome here :-) Safe travels, Astor Hyde Park team

Very nice and welcoming staff. This place was recommended to me by a friend and we decided to take a last minute trip to London. The only downsides were that it was a long cab/bus ride to all of the attractions and that the price was a little high for a private room. Very welcoming and mostly clean.

• 27th Jan 2016

Thank you very much for your lovely words, we are glad our hostel was recommended to you by a friend and it was worth it! Sorry to hear you found it a bit tricky to commute, we are a close distance to most major attractions in London and we have very good transportation links with 24 hour buses that offer very convenient and cheap transportation to all the important sites and train stations. We hope you visit us again in the future, we will always be here to help you have the best stay! Best, Astor Hyde Park team

Lovely place. Was worried about a 12 bed mixed dorm but was fabulous! Had our own attached bathroom and shower which was nice and clean. Great charging centre in the room also. Kitchen facilites were outstanding! But missed breakfast because it only starts at 8am, a bit late!! Hostel in a beautiful part of the city :)

Hey there!! We really appreciated your comment thanks!! All our rooms have their own bathroom, what is pretty cool!! Our staff works so hard to ensure that everything is perfect for all of you!! We're located in one of the most luxurious hoods in all Europe with Hyde Park just next to us, the royal Albert hall round the corner and three awesome museums just down the street!! Hope to see you again soon!! Take care till then!! Lots of love Astor HP team.

Had the best time at astor hyde park! It's really well located, rooms and bathrooms are absolutely clean at any time. Though the best is the crew, always helping us, even carrying our luggage to the bedrooms. Special thanks to Yago, Silvia, Pablo and Nico!

• 22nd Jan 2016
  • Argentina

We are super excited with the top rating!!! Yago, Silvia, Pablo and Nico say hi and send their best wishes :-) We enjoyed having you in our hostel as much as you enjoyed your stay. See you on your next visit in our beautiful city. Best, Astor Hyde Park team.

The entrance is very impressive, but once you walk inside the room you're not impressed anymore. Twin room has bunk beds which always sucks. Most hostels have two beds in a twin room. Place is crazy expensive, not nearly worth it!

Thank you for staying with us, our building is culture heritage and we have kept its original features. As a hostel, the majority of our beds are bunk beds, but we also have twin rooms with bunk beds or single beds. We are sorry we were full for the dates you stayed and couldn't offer an alternative. We constantly work on keeping our prices low and offer a number of free facilities to our guests such as wifi, lockers, maps, travel information, tea, coffee, adaptors etc. We hope we have a better chance next time. Safe travels, Astor Hyde Park team.

Definitely the best hostel I have stayed in London. Very friendly and welcoming staff. I was in a 10 bed mixed room, it was fairly spacious and clean. If you plan on visiting London then I highly recommend you staying here.

Overall not a bad experience. Location is great, the common room is lovely and they donate earnings from the breakfast to charity, which is nice. Just one day we got back and our padlock was gone along with some cash, fortunately it was just 10£, so it was not such a big deal and we get that one can never provide 100% security, but they didn´t even have the decency to give the deposit back and one of the staff just laughed at us as if it was a good joke, which I found particularly inappropriate.

• 20th Jan 2016
  • Czech Republic

Thank you very much for taking time to leave us a review, we appreciate all your lovely words. We are very sad about this unpleasant incident, the safety of our guests is always our top priority. We have two entrance doors which are code accessible only, 24hr reception, CCTV and CCTV monitored luggage room, keycard entry to rooms, lockable lockers in the rooms and safety deposit boxes in our 24 hour reception. We take security matters very seriously and we work hard to improve our security features. Our staff are very friendly and helpful, can you please spare a second and let us know what happened at feedback@astorhostels.com and we'll look into it to ensure it does not happen again. Hope you had an amazing time in beautiful London, Astor Hyde Park team.

Great location and accessible prices. Really liked the atmosphere, the room was also very comfortable. Would definitely recommend.

• 20th Jan 2016
  • Portugal

Hello! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a lovely review :) We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us so much, hopefully we will see you at some time in the future! Much Love The Astor HP Team :)

Great location, comfy beds, very clean and welcoming atmosphere as well. But what really made my stay here extraordinary was the staff. The fantastic staff here were very accommodating, friendly, and made it feel like home. Next time I am in London, I will definitely be staying here.

Hey Hey! Thanks so much for the kind words! Our staff work really hard to ensure that our guests have the best experience possible and feel at home in our beautiful hostel, so we are so happy to hear that you felt that! Hopefully we will get to see you again at some time in the future :) All the best and much love - The Astor HP family

Stayed here a couple of times now, really really great location, stayed in a 12-bed dorm, warm and cosy, barely saw the people in it. The 2 guys at the reception were awesome, so friendly and ready to help, the other staff around the hostel kinda keep to themselves, so the common room lacks some atmosphere. Good wifi and quite enough so I was happy overall. Gonna try it out again next time I'm in London.

The Astor Hostel is very good. Very safe and very clean. You can also have a lot of fun activities or just relax in the comfortable commune room. And the best thing is the very helpful and friendly staff! Thank you and hope to see you soon!

Hey there!! Thanks for this amazing review!! We really work so hard to ensure a great stay to all of our guest, so when anyone comment that is always an awesome new!! We can't wait to see you again!! Take care till then!! Lots of love Astor HP team.

The staff were amazing and Jax immediately made me feel welcome the first night I arrived. I liked how they had a common room where movies were screened and comfy couches were but the toilets weren't as clean as Smart Hyde Park Inn where there was frequent toilet cleaning. The eating area was also a bit crowded as there was limited seating area as a portion was closed off. Otherwise this is an amazing hostel with wonderful staff to make up for its shortcomings and I would stay there again.

Thank-you so much for the amazing stay at Astor Hyde Park! Everyone was so friendly and respectful, the rooms were clean and comfortable and all the staff I encountered were super friendly and relaxed which made it an awesome place to come back to at the end of the day. The only slight negative was that it was super hot in the rooms at night but other than that everything was awesome!

• 16th Jan 2016

Hello! Thank you so much for your kind words, and we are so happy to know that your experience with us was an awesome one. We trully hope to see you in the future! Happy days, Astor Team

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7