Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

Very helpful staff! My bus was at night and I could have the chance to leave my luggages in the hostel all day and then, even took a shower before taking the bus. Very understanding staff!

• 20th Apr 2015
  • Turkey

Great stay. Thanks!

Lovely and helpful staff, comfortable beds, clean, beautiful building, good breakfast - yep, highly recommendable!!!

The hostel provided everything I needed, but I expected more. No way to charge my devices in the 4-bed-dorm. There were two sockets: One was right by someone else's bed where they put their head, and the other one was in the corner where you could not reach it. There were no bedside lamps. WiFi did not reach my room (at least my iPad didn't catch it), which was basically right next to the reception. I loved the location, security and common areas. Staff was very friendly. Bathroom was ok.

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our amazing property as much as us! We appreciate your feedback about the sockets and lights and are currently in the process of having individual lights and sockets installed for each bed! Woo Hoo! Our wifi connection is strong throughout the whole building so if there is ever an issue just advise reception so we can rebut the router so you can surf the net at ease! Lots of love, AHP xo

Interesting place in amazing part of the city. Easy to get anywhere you need. Very friendly and helpful staff. Breakfest for 0,5 pounds is also great opportunity for those who eat breakfest. If I had to visit London again, I would book this place again.

• 16th Apr 2015
  • Croatia

Very nice Hostel, excellent staff, really friendly and helpful. Good breakfast. The rooms were a little small and the bathroom too.

The 24 hour reception desk was very convenient and the staff was wonderfully helpful. I was a little nervous about staying in a hostel for the first time but Astor Hyde park was great. My friends and I were able to stay in one room with our own bathroom and our bunk bed were pretty comfortable. Overall I was very pleased with my first hostel experience.

• 13th Apr 2015

Really nice staff and great atmosphere!! One suggestion: they could put individual power outlets next to each bed.

Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review we appreciate your feedback! We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us and know our staff is always here to help! Next time, please let us know about the power outlet situation. We would be more than happy to place an additional powercord in the room for you. Safe travels, Astor Hyde Park xx

super fun place, staff was awesome and the building was gorgeous. slight walk to the tube station but the natural history museum is just right around the corner. all in all, it was great

Hey, Thanks for the awesome review, we appreciate it! We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us and can't wait to welcome you back!! Lots of love, Astor Hyde Park xx

Overall, this place was pretty good! The location's very nice, the free anytime coffee and tea service was appreciated, the 50p breakfast was solid, good wifi speed and signal, the bed was comfortable and the room was clean. My only real problem was with the under the bed storage crates, which were really noisy, and the complete lack of ventilation in the en suite rooms. If you're going to bolt the windows shut in a room with a shower, you have got to put a fan in the bathroom. Yuck!

• 6th Apr 2015

Hi there! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We are pleased you enjoyed our amazing location and took advantage of our free facilities provided! We apologise if the fan wasn't working in the bathroom for your stay. All of our bathrooms have ventilation and we have checked that the systems are working in all rooms now. See you next time you're in London! Lots of love, AHP xo

This is the best hostel I have stayed at in london. The staff are super friendly and helpful and the location is perfect! It's an awesome place if you want to party or just chill out. Would recommend everyone stays here!!

• 5th Apr 2015

Great location, great facilities, clean, friendly staff.

• 5th Apr 2015

Had a really good stay, and staff were helpful by taking my bag up the numerous stairs for me etc. One issue was that despite the sign saying otherwise, staff and guests were often loitering on the stairs smoking, which was uninviting. The room was comfortable and the shower was great. A bit noisy but not bad for a hostel. Very close to museums and the tube. Would stay again!

Hello, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us! There is a strict no noise policy in the hallways after 10pm. If there is ever an issue please let reception know and we can resolve it immediately. As for the no smoking on the steps, we have a strict policy where no one is to hangout on the steps past 8pm and we enforce that rule nightly. We're looking forward to having you here again. Safe travels, Astor Hyde Park

The experience in your hostel was awesomea especially the people and the atmosphere. For me, one of the strengths of this hostel, is that they oragnize a lot of activities so it is a good opportunity to meet people all over the world.

• 4th Apr 2015
  • Spain

Hello, We're thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us! Our staff is always here to help and yes, we do organise events daily to ensure there is always something going on here. We're glad you participated in our events and enjoyed yourself! We thank you for the review and are looking forward to seeing you again!! Lots of love, Astor Hyde Park xx

Very nice hostel, the attention was very correct and didn't have any problem. The location is ok, near Hyde park and not to far from the center but to get the tube you have to walk like 10 minutes. For the bus it's only 3 minutes.

There should be more electric sockets in the bedroom, because 12 people trying to charge their batteries (mobile phones) in 3 or 4 sockets, could be a bit complicated.

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Spain

Hola! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! Thank you for your recommendation. We are currently in the process of installing more power sockets in the rooms to accommodate all our guests powering needs! See you next time you're in London! Lots of Love, AHP xo

Booked my stay last minute because my prior arrangements cancelled on me - ended up having a better stay than I would've with my original plans! The staff is great and there are lots of free things to do nearby!

Hi there, We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We loved having you here! We hope to see you again real soon. Lots of love, Astor Hyde Park xx

It was a perfect location; 15 minutes to walk to the city centre/Harrods, plus buses stop all along the street (Kensington). The people were friendly, and I had a great time. The only downside is that it is a little expensive, and if you're looking for a budget stay you may find cheaper places. Wi-fi didn't work too well in my room, only in the lounge/common areas. The shower was also weak; if these are not problems for you, then this is a great place to stay. :)

• 3rd Apr 2015

I had a fab time here! The hostel is in a really nice area with excellent access to buses/the tube so there are no problems with getting anywhere. If you (really) enjoy walking you needn't even pay for public transport to get to Westminster/ West End. Cleanliness was pretty good- our bathroom/shower smelled a bit funny but otherwise no issues there. Only other small complaint is that the under-bed drawers have a latch that is too big for a luggage lock and they were out of padlocks.

The staff was FANTASTIC. They were very welcoming and helpful with planning day trips, where to eat, and where to go out at night. I never felt worried about safety and found all of the fellow travels to be very kind and friendly.

Hi there, Thanks for the awesome review! You guys we're great! If there is every anything you need please do let us know, we are here to help! Hope you guys are enjoying Greece and that we get to see you again soon!! Safe Travels, Astor Hyde Park xx

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7