Astor Hyde Park

Fabulous 9145 Total Reviews
8.8
Fabulous 9145 Total Reviews

17th Feb 2017

I live in southwest england so I've been to London many, many times and this hostel is in one of the safest and poshest areas of London... and I can tell you the price is AMAZING not only for the location but for the quality. The staff were wonderful and held my luggage before and after my stay. The dorm and bathrooms were clean. The only issue was that although they advertise "24 hour reception," I arrived at 630am on the sleeper train, and when I rung the bell for reception nobody answered.

• England, Male, 25-30
15th Feb 2017
6.6

Not a bad place to stay, but London has better places for the same price or lower. Guest kitchen is well equipped and there's lots of common space to meet people in, bathrooms were... okay. Stayed three times and most of the staff I've spoken to have been stand-offish, unhelpful, verging on rude on every occasion. Security was a bit lax in that our room didn't lock properly, and the only plugs were next to the door. £1 breakfast is good, but I'm likely to stay elsewhere next time I'm in London.

14th Feb 2017

Really wonderful, friendly staff. Great atmosphere for meeting people. Very young and vibrant place.

• USA, Male, 18-24
14th Feb 2017

Hands down- Astor Hyde Park is the best hostel I've ever stayed in! I never leave reviews, but my experience at Astor was so perfect that I feel compelled to share his experience with as many people as possible. The staff are so friendly, fun, caring, helpful and knowledgeable about London. From the managers to all of the staff, everyone was so kind and in just a few days we became friends! The hostel is extremely clean and the atmosphere and location couldn't be any better! I Highly recommend!

13th Feb 2017

I absolutely loved my week here. The staff and the other people staying there were great. I felt extremely safe and comfortable in the hostel and in the surrounding borough. It's only about a block away from Hyde Park, which made it a great location for anyone who wants to run or even just observe the mornings of lots of locals who spend their mornings running or walking their dogs through the park. I would definitely recommend here and would stay here again if I find myself in London again.

• Netherlands, Female, 18-24
7.1

There were no adapters and padlocks available anymore, we counted on them because the site mentioned it was possible. We were not able to charge our phones or lock our valuables.

11th Feb 2017

The bed was clean, the bathroom was clean and the receptionist Becks was very nice and informative. There are events every night like pub crawls and movie nights so if you're solo, it's extra easy to meet other people. The location is a bit secluded from where most people would want to be (Central London). It's in a luxury residential neighborhood. However the train is a five min walk and the city is 3 stops on the train. Only complaint is there are no same sex rooms; only mixed dorms.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
8.0

Great location, not too much intraction with other guests but staff were friendly

8th Feb 2017

My stay at Astor Hyde Park really couldn't have been any better. From the friendly staff, to the clean rooms to the perfect location- it was worth every penny! Specifically Paloma from Australia was super kind and helpful and really went out of her way to make us feel welcome. I've stayed in a few hostels in London in the past but none of them come even close to my experience at Astor. If you want to stay in central London in a safe, clean, affordable and fun place, choose Astor!!

• Canada, Female, 18-24
7th Feb 2017

Great place - lockers for bags in room, can get locks with a deposit, plenty of plugs, beds don't squeak, well equipped kitchen, lots of space to relax in common areas. Breakfast was very basic - just cereal and toast. The road outside is noisy all night, but you will want earplugs in a hostel anyway. All the staff were very nice, except the long haired guy whose name starts with an M at the reception. Location is really great by the park, near a tube station, with restaurants and grocery stores