Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

I had a fantastic time here :D

Very good hostel!! Near city center!!

It was my first time in London and I'm so happy I stayed here! The staff was nice and helpful, the beds comfy, and 50p for breakfast with proceeds going to Nepal is something no one should complain about. It's a little loud on the weekend (but not obnoxiously loud) and quiet during the week. Overall very happy with my stay.

• 21st May 2015
  • dvorakengineer2

The staff and atmosphere was absolutely awesome! Would of loved to stay longer :)

• 18th May 2015

Best hostel ever. Super clean (everything was absolutely spotless) with super friendly staff.

• 18th May 2015

Solid all around. Clean, great location, free breakfast, free coffee and good vibes. Get a room on the first few levels so you don't have to take the stairs.

This was a great hostel. Clean, friendly and in a great location. It's worth every penny.

just a perfect hostel. everything is included. breakfast has a suggested donation for reasonable charity events. rooms simple, but OK and clean. no lift, but a beautiful stairwell and old wooden stairs. nice common room (I wish I have such a nice living room). Staff friendly and helpful.

We really enjoyed our staying there. However, our bathroom wasn't very clean, toilet bin was full and there was hair on the toilet floor.

• 15th May 2015
  • Spain

Only thing missing: a power socket next to every bed (in the room I stayed in).

• 15th May 2015
  • Norway

Only one bathroom for 12 people. Ended up in a dorm with all girls so like no shower time. Everyone there was strictly for pub crawls so they slept all day and then left as we were going to sleep and came home all early morning. Very noisy and hard to sleep. No curtains around the beds so no privacy. There was a skylight in the bedroom so when the sun was up so were we. The breakfast was not free it was 50p and all it was was 3 types of cereal with bread and 3 jams. The juice tasted like water

My stay at Astor Hyde Park was absolutely great. The staff was super nice, everything was clean, and the location was perfect.

• 14th May 2015
  • Slovenia

Staff was very friendly and its been my best stay at a hostel ever!

• 14th May 2015

Hello, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, it was a pleasure having you here! We hope to see you again real soon (: Safe travels, Astor Hyde Park xx

Had a great stay, the room was lovely and clean, the tea with the mints was a lovely touch and it even had a sash window which opened fully! Would recommend to everyone!

• 13th May 2015

Hello, Many thanks for the review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and to see that everything was as you expected! We work hard to ensure our hostel is at the same standard as most hotels. We can't wait to see you again. Safe travels! Lots of love, Astor Hyde Park

This was an average hostel, but I'm glad that we were only staying for one night. I wish that the bathrooms would have been cleaner and it smelled really bad in the morning. Also there isn't a lamp near the bed or an outlet to charge your phone. There were outlets near one side of the wall. Also no elevators, but nice kitchen area.

Hello, Thanks for the review. As you can imagine the bathrooms do get used quite frequently as they are shared dorms. We clean our building 4 times daily to ensure all of our facilities are up to standard. We are unable to place an elevator in our building as you must have noticed it is a very historic building. Shower caddies and lamp lights are currently in the process of being installed throughout the building. Next time, please inform reception of any issue. We would be glad to solve it!

some fruit for breakfast would be nice

• 12th May 2015

This hostel is extremely well looked after, very well managed and the guys/girls who work there are super friendly and are always willing to help, I cannot say enough nice things about the place, absolutely no complaints.

Literally nicer than the hotel I was staying in my first night in London. Beautiful rooms, nice common area and pretty good wifi. Overall I had a great experience staying there and I'd highly recommend it to any traveler.

Great value for money! The hostel is very clean, the location couldn't be better and the staff is incredibly nice!

Very friendly staff, clean room, good location! I also liked the breakfast:) Everything was perfect!! 너무 좋았어용 여기ㅎㅎ 스텝들도 엄청 친절하구 짐도 엄청 무거웠는데 다 들어주시고 청소도 깨끗이 해주시고! 그리고 주택가?쪽에 위치해 있어서 한적하고 좋았어요! 주요 관광까지도 지하철로 금방 갈 수 있는 곳이라 아주 만족스러웠어요>_

Hello, We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us! We loved having you here :) Hope to see you back real soon! Enjoy the rest of your travels!! Lots of love, The team @ Astor Hyde Park

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7