Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

Loved staying here! Came alone for two nights before another flight. The best aspect of the hostel is the location, which was an easy walk from the underground. Since I was only here for such a short time, being close to the muséums and hyde park meant I could see more than I'd thought. Breakfast was also a nice touch :)

Its one of excellent place to stay during London visit,

• 24th May 2014
  • India

Loved this hostel. I had a really great stay, such a great location being so close to Hyde Park and easy to get around. Good security and met some cool people. The common area was great to watch movies and provided a good social area to connect with other travellers. Staff was great and gave some great recommendations. Breakfast was very basic. I would definitely stay here again.

very good location besides a little bit far from the subway. The bathroon was not so clean and we have to share to all the people in the room. Poor breakfast. Good hostel but very expensive.

Probably not the best if you're traveling alone, as most people are just passing through or with their own groups. The guy at the desk was very friendly and helpful, definitely brought a great energy to the place.The rest of the staff didn't seem very interested in talking to the guests, but were still helpful. Beds are great, and I loved the cages beneath. The shower started flooding! Breakfast was cereal and juice. Quiet location, not much of a nightlife. Good quality, not very personable.

Our stay here was pleasant, mostly because of the very nice and helpful staff, the very safe area and the fact that there was breakfast included. Yet the place could really use some work on the rooms - maybe a locker with password, since the rollers under the bed were very easy to just push your hand into. The windows were "thin", meaning that it felt like standing on the street from the noise, and you had to open them at night because of the lack of airconditioning. Very very nice staff though!

It was a definitely good stay there. Staffs were very friendly and the location was very close to main centre in London. If I visited in London again I would stay there.

Good location; close to Hyde Park. Interesting old building. No air conditioning makes for a really warm room on the high up floors. Staff is ok. Free Breakfast and access to the kitchen. Wifi is slow.

Great location, clean, helpful staff.

Very homey feel to this hostel. Which is incredible considering how big it is. Really enjoyed our stay here, the staff were so helpful and friendly. It is in a pricey neighbourhood but being next the Natural History Museum and Hyde Park means there is plenty to do. Highly recommend this hostel!

Loved my stay! Everyone was really friendly and welcoming, and I had a great time.

I really had a good stay in London due to the Hostel. Staff was friendly and eagle to help you. If you want a fun environment and meet nice, new people, this is the place to go.

• 17th May 2014
  • Spain

It was a mixed bag here. The facilities are good. I paid with a credit card, and he didn't tell me till after it cleared that they were adding a percentage surcharge to the payment since I was paying with my credit card. They charged me in USD, and used an inflated exchange rate, without asking. I would have rather paid in Pounds. Later, I forgot something in my luggage, which was in the left luggage area, and the front desk lady would not let me go in at night and was quite rude.

Good atmosphere, enjoyed meeting people staying there. The girl at the desk was helpful/nice each of the three times my door key card didn't work, and organising the shuttle to the airport. Only complaint would be the lack of power points. In a room of ten, charging of a night-time meant an hours charge before being unplugged.

• 16th May 2014

Really nice hostel and good atmosphere! Easy accessible and excellent with good weather as it is close to Hyde Park. Walking distance of all the bigger Museums like the National History Museum and Science Museum.

• 16th May 2014

Great place to stay, excellent atmosphere. Facilities are clean. Breakfast is included and it's really tasty.

Little things like no elevator, small dorm rooms, only one computer made things bit inconvenient but I thought it was a good enough hostel.

Great place to stay. Close enough to Metro's. Cages under beds are great for security and ease of access. Second time stayed here, and would go back again.

I absolutely loved it here. Great part of London to stay in. Close to thereto and museums. The staff were friendly and full of recommendations. Staying here if I ever come to London again

It was my forth time in London. Best hostel so far