Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

Breakfast are provided. You can use the kitchen freely and it helps me to save money to have meals outside.

• 2nd May 2014
  • Hong Kong

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We're glad we were able to provide you with facilities that enable travelers to save money wherever possible. Hope to see you again in London! Thanks, the Astor Hyde Park Team :)

Excellent all around! Great location and service!

All perfect! I will just improve the breakfast service!! It was all dirty and i could'n eat anything. I think it's a part the hostel has to improve, putting there someone controlling and offering more food!! The way it works ( auto.service) i think is not the best way.

• 30th Apr 2014
  • Spain

Awesome location and nice atmosphere. Very clean. Great value for money. Would recommend to my friends!

Great hostel. Key cards and lockers, decent breakfast, giant lounge AND dining room area, clean rooms and decent location. Would be great if there were some organized events or excursions. DIdn't have the best sense of community. But I would recommend and stay again.

Very friendly place, chilled out crowd, cheerful staff and good quiet location! Kitchen, Bathroom, Common Room and the WiFi - all facilities were quite good. No complaint at all, would def stay again! (Only that its tab bit of a walk from the Gloucester Road station.)

Loved our stay at Astor Hyde park. Fantastic location, great staff, room gets cleaned everyday, kitchen, free wifi. Would definitely stay again.

Nice place, plus points were the excellent kitchen facilities, huge and well equipped and the great lounge room with a big tv and Netflix available to use on it. Decent location right near hydepark and the natural history and science museum, tube station not very far. Seemed like a lot of people who worked there also lived there and some times felt like u we're intruding on their home but for the most part a very chill place with nice people

stayed in a 12-bed room. too many beds for one shower room.

Nice hostel, kind staff and clean rooms. We stayed in 12 dorm room, had a bathroom only for ourselves. Location is good, but there is almost no night life. You can have a towel for £2 and adapters or hair dryers for free. Only one computer in common room, but it is not a problem if you want to use it. Free breakfast is ok: cereales and milk, bread and jam/honey/nutela. In room there are no lockers, but you can get a padlock for free or use lockers at the reception. I would recomend this hostel.

• 23rd Apr 2014
  • Slovenia

Staff are perfect!

Very happy with my stay at the Astor hostel, the location is great and the house is gorgeous!, I loved the old wooden stairs!. The girls at reception where very helpful and kind.

This hostel was super chill and staff were really cool. They are super accommodating and really want people to have fun, especially during the pub crawls. The location is not too far but it's relatively close to the tub so travelling around wasn't too difficult. Would definitely come back here

This hostel is in a great area of London near the tube. I felt right at home and the staff were so much fun. I liked that this hostel had an age cap of 18-35.

Definitely would stay again. The staff are great, and this hostel really sets the bar high for budget accomodation.

• 18th Apr 2014

I've been to London loads of times but it was my first time at Astor Hyde Park. Loved it from the moment I walked it. It is very spacious, clean and has a relaxed atmosphere. My friend and I did the pub crawl and Kat helped us get there, even making sure everyone knew how to buy tickets for the tube. Laura was also a great receptionist. Would definitely stay here again.

Very nice and clean hostel. The staff is really fun and helpfull!!

First stay in a hostel. Stayed in a four bed shared. Location is great, near bus stops and 10-15min walk to the tube. Staff were friendly and helpful. I stayed on the third floor, and was quiet enough there. Very satisfied with my stay ; ) Would recommend to anyone. Beds were a tad short for a 180cm man, but manageable. Security cages for a padlock were great for security, fits a standard suitcase. Would return for sure!

I've been to countless Hostels all over the world. This is definitely top three! The location is ridiculous. Its a little bit off the beaten path, but its pretty close to South Kensington Station, which connects you to anywhere in the city you'd want to go. Also, its in one of the nicest neighborhoods in all of London. I still can't believe a Hostel was in this Posh of an area. Last but not least, the building is old and gorgeous and the STAFF are AWESOME. A lot of cool Aussies work here :)

I had a great experience at Astor Hyde Park. It was my first time ever staying in a hostel, and so I appreciated that linens were provided. The staff was friendly and were able to answer all of my questions regarding transportation, restaurants, etc. The rooms were very clean and at a comfortable temperature. My only suggestion would be to add reading lamps to each of the bunks because I stumbled over someone's luggage basket in the dark.

• 16th Apr 2014