Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

I went to Astor Hyde Park Hostel for the Rugby world cup, so my stay was quite expensive because of the event. The hostel is fairly close to 2 subway station and in a great location in London, close to the Hyde Park and Royal Albert Hall. The staff was very very frindly and helpful, also they had lots of tips and recommendations for travelers (including transpor, culture and party!) The room was ok, nothing special about it. They didn't have individual plugs/lights. I recommend the place!

Very good location! Amazing staff and "value for money" breakfast. The bathroom could be cleaner.

• 28th Sep 2015
  • Greece

100% recommend! Close to Hyde park, tube and bus stops, free museums and loads of dining options. £1 charity breakfast is amazing, love this idea guys! The beds were super comfortable and bathrooms are kept clean. The staff are one of the best assets. They organize awesome events every night, 24hour reception and I always saw then cleaning! The building itself is truly beautiful.

Great Location, Friendly staff, Clean rooms

Great place, generally clean and comfortable. Showers could be improved. Beds are comfortable and kitchen is great.

The rooms were nice and big, the beds were super comfortable. Staff were amazing, they could tell you anything and everything about London, they had great recommendations! The location is definitely the best! Only a few mins walk to the tube and loads of buses near by. The best thing about the location is HYDE PARK and all the free museums and restaurants near by. All in all my best ever hostel experience!

So many stairs!!! Hostel was great, however the window in the room was difficult to close (needed a lot of elbow grease) and secondly only 4 plug sockets in 6 bed dorm which were in the corner away from the beds. Because other guests had a lot of technology we didn't have much chance to charge phones. Perhaps an extension lead could be provided to allow minimum one socket per guest. Also, I selected female only dorm when booking but was put in mixed dorm.

• 25th Sep 2015

Lovely hostel in a nice area! Very helpful staff and cheap breakfast!

Amazing staf and atmosphere, I really loved my stay here! Comfy beds and lots of other lovely travellers. My only suggestion would be to make it even better would be to add a shelf in the bathrooms to put clothes/towel etc while your in the shower. Not a massive thing but would make shower time that little bit easier!

I was only here to sleep. Beds were ok. Had a charger by each bed which was nice. Rooms are a little on the small side. Bathrooms are clean. Staff was super nice!

Best hostel in London :)

London is one of the most expensive cities in the world but I'll say that there are more hostels in London for better price and better service. The good think about this hostel it was the bus. That's all! I didn't like the service, the breakfasts it was oray. I'll think about to stay over again.

Some staff members were rude. As there are few bathrooms for a lot of people, they got dirty very fast.

• 22nd Sep 2015

Friendly and helpfull staff and we very much enjoyed our stay

Great hostel, excellent location. Bathroom was a bit small but besides that very good.

Great location the staff is helpful yang and fun cool place to stay .

Perfect in (almost) every sense!

hey there! thank you so much for take the time to leave a review. we are so glad that you have a great time in our family and we can`t wait to see you again! save travel till then! lots of love Astor HP

I found it OK for the night. I arrived late so the 24 hour reception was a plus, even with the silent staff! I stayed in an 8 mixed dorm and found the beds clean and comfortable, had allocated bed spaces, but limited plugs & you need a padlock for the locker/cages (which you can borrow from reception). 1 shared bathroom which housed the shower & toilet made the morning interesteing, as you had to wait your turn or go in search of another toilet....But the £1 breaskfast was very welcome!

so friendly environment clean staffs are very helpful and friendly

• 12th Sep 2015
  • Sudan

hellooo! we appreciated so much your review, thanks for share with us your time in london! we are more than glad that you have fun with our awesome staff and have a good time in our loved London! lots of love Astor HP

It was a great hostel. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The place is very clean. Breakfast is minimal but that's ok. My main problem was that the hostel is a Bit far from the nearest underground tube station. Not too bad - maybe a 7 minute walk. Once you're at the tube station the rest of the city is easily accessible. Overall was great and I would recommend if you don't mind the short walk to the tube station

hey there! we appreciate so much that you can take a bit of your time to leave a review! we`re close to several tube stations as you comented only 5-7 beautifull mins by walk to our hostel enjoying the awesome Natural History Museum building, that is in you way to the tube! anyway the next time you`ll stay with us, you can use one of the lots of buses only 2 mins by walk from our hostel in one of the Hyde Park gates!! we hope to see you soon, till then take care!! lots of love Astor HP