Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

If you are carrying heavy luggage be prepared, they don't have any lifts and there are a lot of steps to the rooms. The wifi works in the room, which was great! Some of the staff were not very friendly. The location is perfect, close to several museums and parks, the tube station is about a 10 minute walk and can take you all around. Even though breakfast was included it was not very good, but you can buy your own and leave it on the fridge. The rooms from the 2 floor up can become very hot!

A short, but very good stay at the Astor Hyde Park. Clean, convenient location, nice hostel with good service!

Everything you need, not a particularly social atmosphere but perfect for those who plan on spending most of their time out of the hostel.

I had an amazing time in there, highly recommendable. The only thing I found was the hot, it was very soffocating inside the hostel because the don't have enought fans and it was a hot summer and that the wifi signal didn't made it to my room because of the double door. Otherwise I had a great experience, the staff was very friendly, the breakfast was ok, the bed was comfortable, my room was quiet beside it was next to the kitchen (has double door) and the location was excellent ;).

• Mexico

Awesome staff, amazingly clean, super amenities and fantastic location! Can't ask too much more of a hostel. Has to be one of the best hostels in London!

• 17th Jul 2014

The only issue I really had was there are only 3 or 4 plug ins in each room. This is clearly insufficient for a 10 person dorm. Also, the wifi was very good in the lobby but not so good in the room.

great staff so helpful and really friendly made you feel like more than just another number. location is in a great safe area close to atm's and the tube. cleaned every day very tidy, good luggage room to store your things. they also have a computer you can borrow very handy.

• 17th Jul 2014

This hostel was not what I would expect for the price tag. It was far away from almost everything, the common area seemed small, the staff were very hit and miss and the breakfast was gross. Additionally, we counted the number of steps to our room and it totaled 100. The room was incredibly small and the bathroom was always messy. The experience overall was sub par.

Very clean, friendly staff, great area - my favourite hostel that I've stayed at!

• 14th Jul 2014

Clean hostel, good location with a few museums around and the metro not to far away. The room was big and spaces, nice thing that the room had his own bathroom with toilet. Breakfast is what I expected at a hostel buns and some muesli.

Lovely location, staff, and common space. A treat to walk up the gorgeous stairs, or hang out in the large common lounge - each with great atmosphere. The kitchen was a kitchen, and breakfast wasn't much (brown buns, various spreads).Our washroom floors got wet quite quickly and noisy late-night party folk kept us awake with their hallway shouting about their love lives (do wish the staff could have addressed this more quickly). Netflix in common space was fun. Beds were clean, but room too hot!

• 13th Jul 2014

This hostel is very expensive for being a hostel. However it´s a great place to stay: there is a very big living room, free internet in the whole buiding, and staff is very nice and helpfull. I would say it worth the price.

Clean, spacious, and in a nice neighborhood!

• 9th Jul 2014

Excellent value for money. Standard hostel, quite a large one, many floors. Close-ish to South Kensington station and Kensington Gardens / Hyde Park. Unremarkable breakfast. Quiet area, upscale, no security concerns. Ok beds, ok storage, clean all around. Bathrooms/WCs not too amazing. Staff OK.

• Finland

Clean, neat and conveniently located place. Stable and free Wi-Fi. I was really satisfied with the level of the hostel. Leo, Ukraine

• Ukraine

The front desk guy ( the cool guy 😜) didn't let me in because my partner was 36 years old . And I missed to read that they occupy only upto 35 years old. It was 8 pm. New country new city . Everything else booked . I requested this guy to give Atleast one night stay but he didn't . As if helping in an unfortunate situation was a crime . Finally we walked out , and we got an apartment at 5 am . We continuously walked with heavy bag packs and didn't get any room till 5 am . Worst experience ever

Great hostel in an excellent location for the price. Second time staying here and I will definitely come back.

The staff is really friendly and ready to respond at all your enquiries. They pay attention to speak clearly and slowly for whom are not good english speaker (as me). The hostel is cleaned daily with a lovely smell which fly through corridors. Adaptors can be hire for 5£ deposit.

• 8th Jul 2014
  • Belgium

Breakfast could have been better.

generally it was a good. however room cleanliness is weak.

• 7th Jul 2014