Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

This hostel is worth the extra money per night. It is located in an absolutely stunning building on a quiet street within spitting distance of the park. The staff was very friendly and always cleaning. The breakfast was great and I appreciated the luggage cages under the bed and small lockers for valuables at reception.

Overall is fine. Just sometime they didn't clean the room and also the toilet. Staffs are all friendly and helpful. I'm quite happy to stay here.

Thanks for your feedback! We are happy you enjoyed your stay here with us! All of our rooms are serviced twice per day however we are aware that things can get messy from time to time. If you ever require extra services please just let us know at reception as we have several staff on site who are ready to help. We look forward to seeing you next time you're in beautiful London! Lots of love from the Astor Team :)

Excellent location right in the middle of London, very nice guests and staff alike. Only downside: the washing machine costs £3, and the dryer £1, and you have to use the dryer 2-3 times before your stuff is actually dry. Other than that a quality hostel.

This place was perfectly adequate for what was paid. One thing that would be a massive improvement would be to put in powerpoints near each of the beds - it's highly inconvenient to have all the charging points at one end of the room. Other than that everything was fine. Breakfast was great.

Good hostel. Not the best but good. The other Astor across the park has a better location but this place is very pretty. Staff were pretty average which is unfortunate but they were fine. It's a big hostel as are most in London so it is a little tricker meeting people but I though this hostel was fair with what it provided. And it is clean.

Very clean, very good location, nice staff, Best hostel I've ever stayed!!

Walking in, two Irish girls first time to stay in a hostel, we weren't sure what to expect. Once we got to reception we felt right at home. The gentlemen behind the desk was so accommodating and genuine. Its was a brilliant experience and the location is incredible, very safe place. Very reasonable pricing. Will be returning around Christmas to London for some Xmas markets and wouldn't dare stay anywhere else.

• 9th Oct 2014

I booked here for a week when I moved to London while trying to find a flat. The hostel is so nice, the atmosphere is so good and the people are so amazing, that I've been here almost a month and I'm not planning on leaving any soon. It's a great location, with great prices for such a centric area, and the vibe is so nice that it features like home. Totally recommend it.

• 7th Oct 2014
  • Spain

This place needs an elevator (lift) bad. There are not enough bathrooms in the place. I was in a 10 bed mixed ensuite dorm. One bathroom is not enough for 10 people, especially if some of them are girls. There were only three other half bathrooms to use in the entire building, if needed. Staff was decent. Breakfast is cereal and bread with some choices of spread, nothing special but does the trick if you're not looking for anything fancy. Starts too late in the morning though.

The staff of Astor Hyde Park is absolutely amazing, both as being helpful in suggestions for what to do around the city but as well as being good friends. They are always willing to hang out.

I loved my stay at this Hostel! Would definitely recommend it. It has a great atmosphere, lovely staff, and the rooms are pretty big! Can be a bit noisy with the metal lockers under the bunk beds, but at the same time there's lockers to put your stuff and free rental for a lock! Only thing is the wifi isn't really good in the rooms, but pretty good in the common rooms. Thank you!

If you first time to go to self-tourism. Here is a good place for you to learn how to do a backpacker. Wifi is cover the rooms. I like here.

Astor Hyde park was a super chill hostel. Very pretty location and helpful staff.

We had a great time in London thanks to this hostel!

• 2nd Oct 2014