Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

It was a good stay for the money but we were placed in the most awkward beds I've ever been in at a hostel and were the bunk in basically the middle of the room with a ceiling light directly over where your head should go so unless you put your head by the ladder you're about two feet under a light. Really good power bar situation and I felt safe leaving my phone charging over night. I didn't have a problem with anything except the completely obnoxious people in our room. Not the hostels fault.

very clean and comfortable hostel!

• 31st Oct 2014
  • Japan

Great hostel. We enjoyed our stay here. Was clean and the rooms are nice. The staff are very friendly and helpful.

• 31st Oct 2014

Staff is friendly when approached and the rooms are clean. If you hate stairs, just pray you don't get the rooms on the higher floors, because its really tiring to climb all the stairs! The bus stop is near the hostel, but the underground is quite a walk away.

Very helpful staff

• 30th Oct 2014
  • Russia

Easy check-in. Super secure luggage storage. Easy to meet people in common areas and kitchen. Rooms get a bit stuffy cause they're ensuite with the bathroom.

My sister and I spent some time in London during Halloween. The staff was great and very helpful with any question and they know how to organize a good party :) I had known the Astor Hyde Park Hostel from further stays, which in the past had been very good. This time we stayed for 3 nights and got a very tiny room, no space to organize our luggage and it was very hot and muggy (no window to open wide ) I actually expected more. Anyway the hostel is well located and I know it can perform better

We enjoyed our time in Astor Hostel, but we lived on 4th floor without an elevator... And for two days we didnt have any toilet paper! The staff is nice and helpful and atmosphere is also good. For this amount of money I can recommend this hostel.

The hostel was good and we had a nice time there. The toilets could be cleaner. Breakfast is very simple but it is included in the price. Some of the staff could also be a bit nicer and politer when the guests ask them something. Nevertheless, I would recommend this hostel.

• 28th Oct 2014
  • Croatia

Everything was great but I was disappointed with the atmosphere. It was my first time going to a hostel without a bar in it, and as a result, people were less inclined to speak to people they didn't know. We could be 15 people in the same room but no one would be talking.

• 27th Oct 2014

It's a good Hostel, however, some of the staff are just hanging out and doing nothing (not sure if working or not) and I think I doesn't help the image seeing someone with the shirt "manager" doing nothing and sitting in the stairs. At least, don't put the shirt on... Friendly receptionist thought! The subway station is a short walk away but there is plenty of buses and things to see around so the location is pretty nice!

This hostel is sick, bit of walk from tube station, like 5-10 mins, but it feels like a home away from home, so fully worth it!!! Team are rad!!

This was my second time staying here and it was just as great this time. Theres plenty of plugs. Everything seemed clean. People were friendly. Overall a great stay.

• 24th Oct 2014