Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

This is a great place to stay! The rooms are very clean and fairly comfortable, the included breakfast is really varied and tasty, and the 24 hour reception is really useful. Would definitely stay again.

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • Scotland

good location and friendly, helpful staff, but the "free breakfast" was absolutely awful! Such a joke of a breakfast: bread rolls and assorted jams. No yogurt, deli meat, or even juice. For the amount of money you pay to stay there, the least they could do is provide some healthier food for you to start your day.

I had a really nice stay at the hostel. I was there for just over a week so i did use the kitchen a bit and it was very good. Plenty of ovens, stoves, pots and utensils. The bed was nice but it was a bit annoying having only one shower/bathroom for a twelve bed dorm. Although there was another one outside the dorm that we could use it was available to other dorms as well. Overall a very pleasant stay at the Astor Hyde Park.

Shared a 4 bed mixed dorm. Could have done with a multi power socket as there wasn't really any sockets in the room but we made do. Staff was friendly, breaky was cereal and toasted bread rolls. It wasn't really a party hostel which was good but it didn't feel overly social during the time I stayed. As a female solo traveller I was happy with it. I'd recommend it.

• 20th Jul 2014

Always clean and neat! just that wifi doesnt work if you get room underground.

Maybe my favorite hostel! The guy staff members are awesome, right by the best (and free) museums, and the common room is amazing--movies, tons of books, tables, couches. I just wish it hadn't been so hot and there had been more outlets! But I charged my things in the common area and it sort of makes sense there'd be no AC in such a beautiful old building. If you want to be by the museums and the park and some cool shops this is the place to be. Highly recommended!

The hostel is in a very central location, right near Hyde Park. The room & bathroom were very small (expected in London, although there was hardly any space to fit luggage on the ground) but clean & comfortable. Breakfast was average-poor for a hostel - cereal & bread rolls (no bread for toast) and a cordial-type juice (not fruit juice). The wifi was generally good, although sometimes dropped out in our room. A fan would be useful as it was really hot in July (small rooms=no air flow).

This hostel had a decent room, a very spacious and pleasant kitchen, and very helpful staff. The only downside was a lack of charging plugs in the room. There were only two outlets for 12 beds in my room. The location was amazing, with museums, Hyde Park and subway stations all close at hand.

We really enjoyed our stay here. It is located in a beautiful part of London and with some walking we covered a lot of the London's tourist attractions. The staff were friendly and helpful whenever we asked for anything. We really enjoyed our time here.

Very nice and clean hostel. Great with 24 h reception. Friendly and helpful staff. Good location and easy to find. Public transport just outside the door. Excellent with kitchen and fridge. Also good with basic breakfast offered and free tea & coffee available. Would definitely stay here again!

If you are carrying heavy luggage be prepared, they don't have any lifts and there are a lot of steps to the rooms. The wifi works in the room, which was great! Some of the staff were not very friendly. The location is perfect, close to several museums and parks, the tube station is about a 10 minute walk and can take you all around. Even though breakfast was included it was not very good, but you can buy your own and leave it on the fridge. The rooms from the 2 floor up can become very hot!

A short, but very good stay at the Astor Hyde Park. Clean, convenient location, nice hostel with good service!

Everything you need, not a particularly social atmosphere but perfect for those who plan on spending most of their time out of the hostel.

I had an amazing time in there, highly recommendable. The only thing I found was the hot, it was very soffocating inside the hostel because the don't have enought fans and it was a hot summer and that the wifi signal didn't made it to my room because of the double door. Otherwise I had a great experience, the staff was very friendly, the breakfast was ok, the bed was comfortable, my room was quiet beside it was next to the kitchen (has double door) and the location was excellent ;).

• Mexico

Awesome staff, amazingly clean, super amenities and fantastic location! Can't ask too much more of a hostel. Has to be one of the best hostels in London!

• 17th Jul 2014

The only issue I really had was there are only 3 or 4 plug ins in each room. This is clearly insufficient for a 10 person dorm. Also, the wifi was very good in the lobby but not so good in the room.

great staff so helpful and really friendly made you feel like more than just another number. location is in a great safe area close to atm's and the tube. cleaned every day very tidy, good luggage room to store your things. they also have a computer you can borrow very handy.

• 17th Jul 2014

This hostel was not what I would expect for the price tag. It was far away from almost everything, the common area seemed small, the staff were very hit and miss and the breakfast was gross. Additionally, we counted the number of steps to our room and it totaled 100. The room was incredibly small and the bathroom was always messy. The experience overall was sub par.

Very clean, friendly staff, great area - my favourite hostel that I've stayed at!

• 14th Jul 2014

Clean hostel, good location with a few museums around and the metro not to far away. The room was big and spaces, nice thing that the room had his own bathroom with toilet. Breakfast is what I expected at a hostel buns and some muesli.