Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

The hostel is in a great location close to the Tube, but also shopping and restaurants. The staff was so helpful and ready to answer questions. The beds were nice with great comforters. The hostel provides fun outings each night of the week for people to get to know new people.

Staff were very friendly, but did lack professionalism in how they spoke of other members of staff within public areas. The rooms were spacious and clean with a good system of bed placement. The shower room was too small for so many people.

This hostel was great. Great safe location. The staff are amazing and answer every and any question. The hostel itself is cool. The entry inside made us think of Harry Potter. They have a cool commons area and another cool hang out game room area that held different activities every night. Would definitely stay here again.

Nice hostel. Clean and comfortable. Location was a little dull. Not much happening. Didn't have the best atmosphere compared to other hostels I've stayed in.

Location was decent, just wish there was more things open in the evening nearby. I felt totally safe and was near nice residential areas. The rooms and beds were clean. The bathrooms were decent and the staff were helpful.

• 31st Aug 2015

It was very clean. Every staff was very kind. Location was good. Tube station were a bit far but bus stop were close to the hostel.

Only had a short stay but the hostel exceeded our expectations, staff were friendly and helpful, room was clean and had everything we needed :)

• 31st Aug 2015

The location is in no doubt excellent; straight train from Heathrow airport and in vicinity to the main attractions. Only setback is the distance from Gloucester Road station. Have to walk quite a little (abt 15mins) thus must keep the luggage manageable. The tube station itself also have a flight of stairs to overcome. Other than that, bed is clean, toilet is clean. Staff is friendly. Free lockers and luggage storage. Only 1pound for towel and breakfast. Free wifi and hairdryer =)

• 29th Aug 2015
  • Singapore

I am very pleased with my staying in Astor Hyde Park. I am satisfied with the full service from the staff wich is very friendly and accessible and also from the cleanliness of hostel. From me they get straight five, thank you everybody to make my stay in London so nice :)

• 28th Aug 2015
  • Croatia

First hostel I've ever stayed at in London. The staff was super helpful, seemed like they really liked doing a good job. Me and my friend came a day earlier than three other friends of ours, and even though they were busy at the hostel, they made sure we got the same room. In general a very pleasant hostel, I'll definitely come here again. And, they do charity breakfast, 1 pound and you get a decent meal while helping kinds in Nepal. Awesome!

• 28th Aug 2015
  • Sweden

there are no shops or food places in the blocks immediately around but there are some closer to the tube station that's near

I ended my Eurotrip in this hostel, and it's definitely one I'll recommend to others. It's clean, roomy, and offers an inexpensive breakfast. There's free internet access, a kitchen, a lounge, and hangout area. The best part about this hostel is the location. It's a short walk to Gloucester station, and an even shorter walk to Hyde Park. It's right next to the biggest museums in London (science center, V&A, National Museum). Not too far from Buckingham Palace. Good value for money!

Very clean and has everything you need. In a bit of a fancier area so not too many restaurants, bars etc nearby. Close to museums. Staff is great. Not too much of an atmosphere unfortunately.

I stayed here for a week and had a great time. The location of the hostel is perfect, short walks to bus/tube stops, not to mention 2 minute walk to Hyde Park and the Royal Albert Hall. Kitchen facilities were great and the staff were fun, approachable and full of knowledge. The big screen in the lounge was awesome. Only thing I would fault is the lack of power outlets in the 12 bed dorm, there was none on the second storey of the two storey room! Would stay here again for sure :)

Great staff, great location! Great kitchen with everything you need and an awesome lounge with a projector

In a lovely neighborhood. Helped me to fall in love with London. I plan on staying here again!

Great hostel. I'll definately recommend to a friend. Only complaint is that the bathrooms could do with more shelving.

• 25th Aug 2015

Well located and impressive building. Nothing extra special otherwise

Fantastic and helpful staff. I lost my glasses the night before I had to leave. I emailed them in hope of getting them back, and actually got a timely response. I came back 3 weeks later, and they were able to give them back! =) Rooms are actually fairly spacious, and the bathrooms are as clean as communal ones can be. Breakfast is plain but does the trick. Location is not my favorite (about a 10-15 walk to Gloucester Road station), but it is next to some great museums and a park!

Staff were fabulous and where always keen for a chat. The building was beautiful with lots of space and the facilities are nice and clean. This place helped me love london and breakky was for charity. Perfect