Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

The location is in no doubt excellent; straight train from Heathrow airport and in vicinity to the main attractions. Only setback is the distance from Gloucester Road station. Have to walk quite a little (abt 15mins) thus must keep the luggage manageable. The tube station itself also have a flight of stairs to overcome. Other than that, bed is clean, toilet is clean. Staff is friendly. Free lockers and luggage storage. Only 1pound for towel and breakfast. Free wifi and hairdryer =)

• 29th Aug 2015
  • Singapore

I am very pleased with my staying in Astor Hyde Park. I am satisfied with the full service from the staff wich is very friendly and accessible and also from the cleanliness of hostel. From me they get straight five, thank you everybody to make my stay in London so nice :)

• 28th Aug 2015
  • Croatia

First hostel I've ever stayed at in London. The staff was super helpful, seemed like they really liked doing a good job. Me and my friend came a day earlier than three other friends of ours, and even though they were busy at the hostel, they made sure we got the same room. In general a very pleasant hostel, I'll definitely come here again. And, they do charity breakfast, 1 pound and you get a decent meal while helping kinds in Nepal. Awesome!

• 28th Aug 2015
  • Sweden

there are no shops or food places in the blocks immediately around but there are some closer to the tube station that's near

I ended my Eurotrip in this hostel, and it's definitely one I'll recommend to others. It's clean, roomy, and offers an inexpensive breakfast. There's free internet access, a kitchen, a lounge, and hangout area. The best part about this hostel is the location. It's a short walk to Gloucester station, and an even shorter walk to Hyde Park. It's right next to the biggest museums in London (science center, V&A, National Museum). Not too far from Buckingham Palace. Good value for money!

Very clean and has everything you need. In a bit of a fancier area so not too many restaurants, bars etc nearby. Close to museums. Staff is great. Not too much of an atmosphere unfortunately.

I stayed here for a week and had a great time. The location of the hostel is perfect, short walks to bus/tube stops, not to mention 2 minute walk to Hyde Park and the Royal Albert Hall. Kitchen facilities were great and the staff were fun, approachable and full of knowledge. The big screen in the lounge was awesome. Only thing I would fault is the lack of power outlets in the 12 bed dorm, there was none on the second storey of the two storey room! Would stay here again for sure :)

Great staff, great location! Great kitchen with everything you need and an awesome lounge with a projector

In a lovely neighborhood. Helped me to fall in love with London. I plan on staying here again!

Great hostel. I'll definately recommend to a friend. Only complaint is that the bathrooms could do with more shelving.

• 25th Aug 2015

Well located and impressive building. Nothing extra special otherwise

Fantastic and helpful staff. I lost my glasses the night before I had to leave. I emailed them in hope of getting them back, and actually got a timely response. I came back 3 weeks later, and they were able to give them back! =) Rooms are actually fairly spacious, and the bathrooms are as clean as communal ones can be. Breakfast is plain but does the trick. Location is not my favorite (about a 10-15 walk to Gloucester Road station), but it is next to some great museums and a park!

Staff were fabulous and where always keen for a chat. The building was beautiful with lots of space and the facilities are nice and clean. This place helped me love london and breakky was for charity. Perfect

No elevator! Apart from that a nice stay!

The hostel itself was very basic, but my room specifically wasn't pleasant. The room was musty and humid, with no ventilation and only a fan to circulate the fetid and dusty air. The staff seemed more interested in hanging out and hooking up with each other than doing their actual jobs. The commons room was really nice and easy to relax at night with a movie or TV show. Location was decent, a few hundred meters from Hyde Park

Excellent location, friendly and helpful staff. Great hostel.

• 21st Aug 2015
  • Wales

Excellent location, very friendly stuff disposed to help you every time that you want help. It has towels and padlocks not free but still good. It's offer a lot of activities to had the best holidays in London. I liked a lot that is very secure. It has password to enter plus the card and it has the luggage room with key and camera.

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review! It was our pleasure having you apart of our family for a week! Please know that anytime you are in London you have a home at Astor Hyde Park! Lots of love and all the best, Astor HP xo

The staff were super friendly and the big screen projector in the lounge area was awesome!! The only downside was a ten minute walk to the tube. Besides that it was cozy, clean and a great place. Would definitely visit again.

Hi there! Thanks for leaving us a review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed our beautiful Hostel located right next to the famous Hyde Park! We can't wait to see you next time you're in London! Lots of Love xo

Super clean hostel, plus the staff were quite friendly. The 5 bed and 6 bed rooms were really nice, picking the 5 bed room gives you a chance at getting a single bed all to yourself with no one on top. The location is ok, right next to Hyde Park - just a bit away from the main attractions. The wifi worked well and the breakfast was good for £1, plus it's nice it goes to charity. Would definitely stay again!

Quality hostel, been finished to a high standard, all the facilities you could ever need. It's in a upper class neighbourhood of London so very posh, but it's a mission to get to the majority of London's main attractions and nightlife hotspots 30-40mins+. The nearest shop/tube is a 12 mins, walking, always! Atmosphere was library-esque although to be fair it was probably at 40% capacity, livlier with more people I'd imagine. Great staff, the cleanest hostel in London for sure!