Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

I enjoyed this hostel. I found the place to be very clean, and saw staff cleaning at least 2 times a day. The location is very central, but a bit of a walk to the tube and a super market. I found buses were easier to catch. I found the place generally quiet however on 3 occasions a fire/security alarm went off, one in the middle of the night, with no explanation. I would stay here again and even extended my stay 3 nights.

all in all it was fine

• 4th May 2014
  • Greece

The room was small but did not matter in the bathroom toilet lid was loose, the shower water came out. The next day we went for a walk and at night to get to the room, in my bed there was another person, I had placed a pillowcase that was mine and took to my friend lost her blouse. The next to show that things were not the day, laundry commented that they had been taken everything and they could not refund anything. and that was his answer without help or anything, bad for them.

• 3rd May 2014
  • Guatemala

They really need to get an electrical lift instead of carrying the bags to the 3rd floor

Hi there, thanks for taking to time to provide us with feedback. Having a hostel in a beautiful centuries old heritage building unfortunately means that we cannot install an elevator however you are more than welcome to ask our staff to help you with your bags to the room. We hope to see you next time in London! Thanks, the Astor Hyde Park team :)

Although the neighbourhood was expensive it was a really safe one. Crew were very helpful. Bathrooms definitely should be cleaned more than once a day when hostel is crowded. I definitely recommend the place

• 3rd May 2014
  • Uruguay

small and mighty

Breakfast are provided. You can use the kitchen freely and it helps me to save money to have meals outside.

• 2nd May 2014
  • Hong Kong

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We're glad we were able to provide you with facilities that enable travelers to save money wherever possible. Hope to see you again in London! Thanks, the Astor Hyde Park Team :)

Excellent all around! Great location and service!

All perfect! I will just improve the breakfast service!! It was all dirty and i could'n eat anything. I think it's a part the hostel has to improve, putting there someone controlling and offering more food!! The way it works ( auto.service) i think is not the best way.

• 30th Apr 2014
  • Spain

Awesome location and nice atmosphere. Very clean. Great value for money. Would recommend to my friends!

Great hostel. Key cards and lockers, decent breakfast, giant lounge AND dining room area, clean rooms and decent location. Would be great if there were some organized events or excursions. DIdn't have the best sense of community. But I would recommend and stay again.

Very friendly place, chilled out crowd, cheerful staff and good quiet location! Kitchen, Bathroom, Common Room and the WiFi - all facilities were quite good. No complaint at all, would def stay again! (Only that its tab bit of a walk from the Gloucester Road station.)

Loved our stay at Astor Hyde park. Fantastic location, great staff, room gets cleaned everyday, kitchen, free wifi. Would definitely stay again.

Nice place, plus points were the excellent kitchen facilities, huge and well equipped and the great lounge room with a big tv and Netflix available to use on it. Decent location right near hydepark and the natural history and science museum, tube station not very far. Seemed like a lot of people who worked there also lived there and some times felt like u we're intruding on their home but for the most part a very chill place with nice people

stayed in a 12-bed room. too many beds for one shower room.

Nice hostel, kind staff and clean rooms. We stayed in 12 dorm room, had a bathroom only for ourselves. Location is good, but there is almost no night life. You can have a towel for £2 and adapters or hair dryers for free. Only one computer in common room, but it is not a problem if you want to use it. Free breakfast is ok: cereales and milk, bread and jam/honey/nutela. In room there are no lockers, but you can get a padlock for free or use lockers at the reception. I would recomend this hostel.

• 23rd Apr 2014
  • Slovenia

Staff are perfect!

Very happy with my stay at the Astor hostel, the location is great and the house is gorgeous!, I loved the old wooden stairs!. The girls at reception where very helpful and kind.

This hostel was super chill and staff were really cool. They are super accommodating and really want people to have fun, especially during the pub crawls. The location is not too far but it's relatively close to the tub so travelling around wasn't too difficult. Would definitely come back here

This hostel is in a great area of London near the tube. I felt right at home and the staff were so much fun. I liked that this hostel had an age cap of 18-35.