Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

Staff are perfect!

Very happy with my stay at the Astor hostel, the location is great and the house is gorgeous!, I loved the old wooden stairs!. The girls at reception where very helpful and kind.

This hostel was super chill and staff were really cool. They are super accommodating and really want people to have fun, especially during the pub crawls. The location is not too far but it's relatively close to the tub so travelling around wasn't too difficult. Would definitely come back here

This hostel is in a great area of London near the tube. I felt right at home and the staff were so much fun. I liked that this hostel had an age cap of 18-35.

Definitely would stay again. The staff are great, and this hostel really sets the bar high for budget accomodation.

• 18th Apr 2014

I've been to London loads of times but it was my first time at Astor Hyde Park. Loved it from the moment I walked it. It is very spacious, clean and has a relaxed atmosphere. My friend and I did the pub crawl and Kat helped us get there, even making sure everyone knew how to buy tickets for the tube. Laura was also a great receptionist. Would definitely stay here again.

Very nice and clean hostel. The staff is really fun and helpfull!!

First stay in a hostel. Stayed in a four bed shared. Location is great, near bus stops and 10-15min walk to the tube. Staff were friendly and helpful. I stayed on the third floor, and was quiet enough there. Very satisfied with my stay ; ) Would recommend to anyone. Beds were a tad short for a 180cm man, but manageable. Security cages for a padlock were great for security, fits a standard suitcase. Would return for sure!

I've been to countless Hostels all over the world. This is definitely top three! The location is ridiculous. Its a little bit off the beaten path, but its pretty close to South Kensington Station, which connects you to anywhere in the city you'd want to go. Also, its in one of the nicest neighborhoods in all of London. I still can't believe a Hostel was in this Posh of an area. Last but not least, the building is old and gorgeous and the STAFF are AWESOME. A lot of cool Aussies work here :)

I had a great experience at Astor Hyde Park. It was my first time ever staying in a hostel, and so I appreciated that linens were provided. The staff was friendly and were able to answer all of my questions regarding transportation, restaurants, etc. The rooms were very clean and at a comfortable temperature. My only suggestion would be to add reading lamps to each of the bunks because I stumbled over someone's luggage basket in the dark.

• 16th Apr 2014

Fantastic hostel, great staff, good atmosphere, good facilities and common areas, activities and generally a great place to stay. Note that there is no lift and it's a tad far from the tube, but a great neighbourhood. Would stay again.

Everything was fine.

We were at Astor Hyde Park in April 2014, which was a wonderful time in London , what with the lovely weather and the average temperature of +17. The staff were extremely helpful, the location is good but maybe a bit too tame and well-behaved). One of the worst things was, we were staying on floor 5 and there's no lift, that was a bit difficult. Also, a window in our room was broken. But for the weather it might have ruined the stay. The bathroom was clean, I walked around in my socks.

• Russia

I had a great stay at the Astor Hyde Park. The only minus, if I can call it that, is that there is no elevator, and we lived on the 4th floor.

• Norway

This was the best hostel I've ever stayed in. I was blown away by the friendliness of the staff. The building itself was fantastic, with a huge, well furnished lounge and a great kitchen. The rooms were clean and far more spacious than I expected them to be.

• 14th Apr 2014

Really top notch hostel all around. Has every amenity a hostel can possibly offer and the staff were friendly and professional. The rooms were clean and well kept every day. The location is the best as well. All of this is reflected in the price. An elevator would have been nice however.

The hostel is in a good place. The room was on the 4 th floor with no lift. Very hard to walk up and down every time. The room was in a dark corner. I especially hated it. Maybe if we had a room on the 2nd floor. The room and the bathroom was OK, but the kitchen and the breakfast was horrible. Better to rent cheaper and leave the breakfast.

It's a very good hostel with a very good price and good atmosphere.

• 11th Apr 2014
  • Spain

Somewhat inconvient was that there was no wifi in the rooms. Also the plugs where all located together and far from the beds, for us it was even more inconvient because our beds where on the mezzanine. A big problem was no ventilation in the bathroom which made the room moist and smelly. The only window that could be opened was at the mezzanine which was very difficult. My suggestion is when the staff cleans the room, they should open that window so the room can air out.

• 11th Apr 2014
  • Belgium

A very nice place with a great staff. We chose this hostel because it was one of the cheapeast to stay there, and we really didn't expect so much about the place. And it was a really nice surprise to see that it is fantastic. When we come back to London, we will stay in this hostel again for sure.

• 10th Apr 2014