Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

No elevator! Apart from that a nice stay!

The hostel itself was very basic, but my room specifically wasn't pleasant. The room was musty and humid, with no ventilation and only a fan to circulate the fetid and dusty air. The staff seemed more interested in hanging out and hooking up with each other than doing their actual jobs. The commons room was really nice and easy to relax at night with a movie or TV show. Location was decent, a few hundred meters from Hyde Park

Excellent location, friendly and helpful staff. Great hostel.

• 21st Aug 2015
  • Wales

Excellent location, very friendly stuff disposed to help you every time that you want help. It has towels and padlocks not free but still good. It's offer a lot of activities to had the best holidays in London. I liked a lot that is very secure. It has password to enter plus the card and it has the luggage room with key and camera.

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review! It was our pleasure having you apart of our family for a week! Please know that anytime you are in London you have a home at Astor Hyde Park! Lots of love and all the best, Astor HP xo

The staff were super friendly and the big screen projector in the lounge area was awesome!! The only downside was a ten minute walk to the tube. Besides that it was cozy, clean and a great place. Would definitely visit again.

Hi there! Thanks for leaving us a review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed our beautiful Hostel located right next to the famous Hyde Park! We can't wait to see you next time you're in London! Lots of Love xo

Super clean hostel, plus the staff were quite friendly. The 5 bed and 6 bed rooms were really nice, picking the 5 bed room gives you a chance at getting a single bed all to yourself with no one on top. The location is ok, right next to Hyde Park - just a bit away from the main attractions. The wifi worked well and the breakfast was good for £1, plus it's nice it goes to charity. Would definitely stay again!

Quality hostel, been finished to a high standard, all the facilities you could ever need. It's in a upper class neighbourhood of London so very posh, but it's a mission to get to the majority of London's main attractions and nightlife hotspots 30-40mins+. The nearest shop/tube is a 12 mins, walking, always! Atmosphere was library-esque although to be fair it was probably at 40% capacity, livlier with more people I'd imagine. Great staff, the cleanest hostel in London for sure!

This hostel is simply amazing!I've had the best time there, spacious rooms and very clean you could see that the staff really makes the extra effort to keep it good and clean the daily activities are a huge plus and the best is that pretty much all the staff takes you around London and makes sure that you have a awesome time. I'm really amazed by the facilities and the prices are pretty cool for all the good things they offer. I will be coming back for sure Astor Hyde Park is my house in London.

• Portugal

The Hostel is not bad. It is nice and clean but I dont understand with you have to clean the Kitchen at 10.00 am. Breakfast is from 8 to 10 so if you go there 5 minutes before ten you have to go and take the breakfast in your room. The most part of the time you can not use the TV because Ash is always controlling !

Very good location. Staff is good and facilities are alright I'm diffenetly going there again for my next visit to London

I'm only writing this review because I seen the staff love to read reviews and have a giggle (more man buns here than instagram has filters for). Staff were really friendly and helpful, arrival went smoothly, room was a tad hot at times and I swear the girl in the bed above was doing imaginary RKOs in her sleep from the violent jolts she was making. Huge lounge plenty of seats, great kitchen area, you won't be fighting over sockets as there's plenty. Fantastic location next to hyde park.

• Scotland

4 person dorm is too small for 4 people. There wasn't enough space. It would be good to make individual charges and lights for every bed as in some other hostels. Everything else was pretty good and location is perfect!

• Kazakhstan

Really great place and very laid back for London. We had a double room and i couldn't have asked for more. Clean and comfy bed, TV, towels, shower gel, plenty of plugs and tea making facilities. My only quarm being there wasn't any milk and as a brit I found that hard to compute apart from that it was everything we needed. I'd go back there again :)

• 15th Aug 2015

Great people, great hostel, great location.

Really secure hostel, staff was fantastic and movies were regularly played in the common room so that was pretty fun. The location is good! A short walk to the tube which really unlocks the city. I honestly have nothing bad to say about this place -- great experience!

The hostel was the friendliest place I could imagine and the staff were lovely. The rooms were perfectly clean and we wanted for nothing. Definitely reccommending. The price was very reasonable and the location was perfect for seeing everything in London.

• 9th Aug 2015

I was alone in London and they made me feel I wasn't. :)

• 8th Aug 2015
  • Spain

Really friendly desk staff. Made me feel very welcome. Kind of a hike to the underground but situated on a really pretty, very safe street.

Excellent hostel in an excellent location. Staff work hard to create a great atmosphere.

Great hostel, been many times. One issue is the bathrooms, showers make the entire place wet and smell of mould.