Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

My first hostel so I have nothing to compare it to. That being said I enjoyed my stay and the staff was super friendly. Location is a bit far from central London, the closest subway is 15 minutes away. On the other hand it is next to Hyde Park which is a nice walk.

A calm hostel, where you get movie nights. The rooms are good, you get a shower per room. The neighborhood is amazing and they staff is very helpful.

Great staff, about 12 min walk to closest tube station. Wish they had curtains for the bunks, would add that element of privacy. Hot buns and cereal for breakfast. Nice hostel.

• 9th Jun 2014

My only complaint was that the beds were a little stiff, other than that it was a great experience

• 8th Jun 2014

New, modern hostel with a large kitchen and hanging out area, so you can meet and spend time with other travelers. Great staff and 24 hour reception - we checked in very late and they were accommodating. Free breakfast, coffee, tea, and access to the kitchen, so enjoy that. The location is close to Hyde Park and Kensington Palace, but you'll need the metro to get everywhere else.

Great location, very chlean, and friendly staff!

• 7th Jun 2014
  • Switzerland

So good. The place is very clean.

• 6th Jun 2014

Great location right near hyde Park. Staff were really helpful and friendly. Rooms and bathrooms have all the essentials and are clean. As with all london hostels can be expensive and need your own towel etc. Washing machines also available on site.

Amazing!! Would stay here again! Wish there was a closer tube station though

Really nice place with friendly staff, had a 12 person dorm which was extremely spacious. Good value for money and location of south Kensington, can't go wrong with this hostel.

• 3rd Jun 2014

Overall, I had a positive experience staying at Astor Hyde Park. The location was great and the staff was very friendly. I was also happy with how clean my room was. My only complaint is the lack of power outlets in my room. We had 10 beds but only 4 outlets, all of which were located far from my bed.

• 3rd Jun 2014

Nice hostel with great staff. Will definitely stay their again. Hostel is a little out of the way, but we liked that it was close to the park. A bit of a walk to the nearest tube.

First time staying in a hostel, so glad we chose Astor Hyde Park! Very comfortable atmosphere, common room was cozy an staff were very helpful.

Ups: great location (The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea is a fantastic area), nice staff, very English-like building. Downs: The mattress was upside down, very small restroom, the hot water wouldn't worlk sometimes, weak breakfast.

I loved this hostel. The first time I ever visited London, I had a really crummy hostel far from the city center, so when I came back I opted for this one, which is right by Hyde Park in a super nice area of London. You're literally down the street from some amazing museums, the Knightsbridge area (Harvey Nichols, Harrods, etc.), and a couple of tube stops. It was clean, had a nice common room, and I had a great chance to meet some awesome people from around the world. Highly recommended!

Hostel staff (cobbie) was very responsive and the hostel was very clean and well maintained. Location is near to museum and around 10-15 min walk to tube. We enjoyed the stay. Only downside was that our room was not locked for 2 days after the cleaner cleaned up the room which was a shock to us, fortunately nothing was lost.

• 1st Jun 2014
  • Singapore

Incredible experience! The location of this place is perfect. Walking distance to everything you could need and right around the corner from the natural history museum more. Plenty of outlets, clean bathrooms, not noisy, the staff are loads of help, breakfast is enough to keep you going, beds are comfortable. Overall great!

No value for money at all. This place was too expensive and besides the excellent location it was pretty disappointing. Breakfast was rubbish and it was included in price by default (I'd have preferred not paying for it and have a proper meal somewhere else) plus the kitchen closes at 10 so even if you wanted to cook your own stuff for breakfast, the staff would kick you out (so what's the point of having a kitchen?). Our bedroom was on the 4th floor with no lift and the WC wouldn't flush down

Awesome hostel! Great lounge area, big kitchen, good breakfast, friendly reception, and clean rooms. It was in a very nice part of town and close to hyde park and the natural history museum. Bout a 10-15 min walk to the underground stations. Check in isn't until 2 so i had to store things in the luggage rooms downstairs. No elevator and small staircase (going down) makes maneuvering large bags difficult. I would stay here again. I was a girl traveling alone and I felt very safe here.

really nice local area, about 10 min walk from the subway, really close to Hyde park, the Natural History museum and Royal Albert Hall if you're there for sightseeing. Also a really nice lounge area downstairs which is good because the rooms are quite small, but clean. The bathroom was clean and new. However I was on the fourth floor and with no lift it was a pain to drag my suitcase up all the flights of stairs, but that was the only major downside. A safe, quite cheap hostel; would recommend.