Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

This hostel was amazing! It had clean bathrooms, an amazing location and the beds were comfortable! The only down side was in a 10 bed room there was only 4 plug outlets for charging but that is a small issue.

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback. We're glad we were able to provide a clean and comfortable environment for your stay. Following feedback from guests we have since ordered outlet additions for our rooms which should be installed in the coming weeks. We hope to see you next time you're in London! Cheers, the Astor Hyde Park team :)

Everyting was cool. Hostel have a big kitchen and you can prepare meal by youself.

The hostel was great. I was in a 4 room with 3 random others. The room was a little stuffy because I think we had people that were sweating when they slept so it smelled a little bad. But when the person left it was better. I can't say for everyone else but we had our own shower for the room which was nice. I would pay the little extra to get the shower to yourself. In terms of location it was great because one bus away will take you to piccadilly circus in about 20 - 30 minutes.

The Hostel was really nice and I enjoyed staying there. However, the best thing was the staff who were all really helpful, nice and fun to be around :)

• 11th Mar 2014
  • Denmark

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback. We're glad our staff were able to make your stay an enjoyable experience. We hope to see you next time you're in London. Cheers, the Astor Hyde Park team :)

A good price for an accommodation in London. The staff was friendly, the hostel clean, the breakfast as the average of other hostels (you take what you want). It is placed in a secure zone, also you enter at the building and at the bedroom with a magnetic card and you can put your luggage in a box closed with a key in the bedroom. If you are tall the bed will be short for you. Hot water with good pressure in the bathroom. Nice hostel.

• 9th Mar 2014
  • Mexico

Hi there, thanks for taking time to leave us feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at Astor Hyde Park and that we were able to provide a safe and secure environment for you. Hope to see you next time you're in London. Cheers, the Astor Hyde Park team :)

Very clean and secure, great staff, but a little expensive. Worth it, though, the location is excellent, less than one block from the hyde park. My only problem was finding food around - the closest shops are about 6 blocks from there, and in the winter that can be really desmotivating, so buy your food during the day! (there's a common fridge and you can label it). Also, the closest underground station isn't that close - but I used to go to Lancaster Gate through Hyde Park, nice walk!

• 7th Mar 2014

I think there really were reading lamps missing in the dorms.... Because by using the ceiling light at night you would wake up all you roommates. The location was perfect, the staff very friendly, the building was beautiful. But I missed love for detail. The rooms were just simply white with beds in it, nothing cozy, nothing memorable.

Could do with a bar.

• 7th Mar 2014

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback. Whilst we do not have a bar in the hostel we do allow guests to consume alcohol on the premises and we also offer pub crawls and pub nights 7 days a week!

Good atmesphere to meet people, have had a good time there.

• 7th Mar 2014

Hi there, were glad you enjoyed your stay at Astor Hyde Park and that we were able to provide you with an enjoyable atmosphere. We hope to see you next time in London. Cheers, the Astor Hyde Park team :)

First time I've ever stayed in a hostel and it was great! The staff were very very friendly and helpful and the rooms and bathrooms were clean. The kitchen was really good, very clean and had all the equipment you needed. Breakfast selection was awesome - 4 types of cereal, 2 types of bread rolls with peanut butter, honey, margarine, nutella and 3 types of jam. And tea and coffee all the time. I had a really loud and obnoxious room mate and I asked to change and it was no problem :) very happy!

Hi there. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, we're glad we were able to make your first stay in a hostel an enjoyable experience. We hope to see you next time your in London! Cheers, the Astor Hyde Park team :)

We stayed in a private 2 people ensuite bedroom. Room was clean and there was even a tv! The location felt safe but not much fun - we went to pubs by bus or tube. Many buses go really near, for example 9 and 10, and we liked buses more than the tube. The museums are really close and we enjoyed being in Hyde Park as well. The breakfast was bread and cereals. We had some problems with paying with debit card but the staff person was friendly and let us try many times - succeeded at last!

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at Hyde Park, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Hope to see you the next time your in London! Thanks, the Astor Hyde Park team :)

It was pretty nice hostel (a little bit pricey but it's all same as other hostels in London). Kitchen is nice, breakfast was nice, the livingroom was nice - but it was on construction for my half of stay so I had to go to kitchen - and staffs are really helpful. You have to take a bus or metro to bigben, national gallery and towerbridge but it's close from hide park, nottinghill, and some good museums. I would stay there again if I back to london.

Great to hear you enjoyed your stay at Astor Hyde Park and thank you for taking time to give us feedback. We hope to see you next time in London! Cheers, the Astor Hyde Park team :)

It would be nice if you could offer a bit more variety concerning breakfast...some tea or juices would be nice.

• 1st Mar 2014

Hi there. Thanks for taking the time to provide us with feedback we do indeed offer juices with breakfast, furthermore self service tea and coffee is available 24 hours a day in the kitchen.

I had a great surprise with Astor Hostel =) Location was excellent and I found pretty easy to get there by bus... The whole staff was incredibly helpful and friendly! You can have free breakfast and use their kitchen appliances as well.. Rooms are clean and tidy everyday...but the bad thing is the lack of elevator. I`d definitely recommend it to everyone!

• 28th Feb 2014