Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

The hostel is in a good place. The room was on the 4 th floor with no lift. Very hard to walk up and down every time. The room was in a dark corner. I especially hated it. Maybe if we had a room on the 2nd floor. The room and the bathroom was OK, but the kitchen and the breakfast was horrible. Better to rent cheaper and leave the breakfast.

It's a very good hostel with a very good price and good atmosphere.

• 11th Apr 2014
  • Spain

Somewhat inconvient was that there was no wifi in the rooms. Also the plugs where all located together and far from the beds, for us it was even more inconvient because our beds where on the mezzanine. A big problem was no ventilation in the bathroom which made the room moist and smelly. The only window that could be opened was at the mezzanine which was very difficult. My suggestion is when the staff cleans the room, they should open that window so the room can air out.

• 11th Apr 2014
  • Belgium

A very nice place with a great staff. We chose this hostel because it was one of the cheapeast to stay there, and we really didn't expect so much about the place. And it was a really nice surprise to see that it is fantastic. When we come back to London, we will stay in this hostel again for sure.

• 10th Apr 2014
  • Spain
  • All Male Group, 25-30

This hostel is by far the best i've stayed in. It's very spacious and clean, people are friendly, staff helpful and welcoming. And one thing that's rare: the wi-fi worked great!! The huge home-cinema in the living room is the cherry on the cake.

toilet/shower was so dirty..

staff is certainly the best ever! everything is great in Astor, i loved the films nights and the common areas, they are really meant for young people traveling!

room and toilet was not bad, it kept sort of cleanliness which made me satisfied a bit. About location, needs to take underground, but it is okay. friendly staff and good atmosphere. Wanna give my score of 8 our of 10.

the nights staying at Astor Hyde Park was great! i love where the hostel locates, especially it is easy to be reached by buses and plus, i used to cycle inside hyde park every morning and every evening when i was in london, because the hostel is just next to the hyde park!

• 7th Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

My only complaint is that the room was very cold and the radiators didn't work.

This hostel was great. The staff was phenomenal and the hostel was very comfortable and homey. No bar on premise, but the free breakfast was nice. The location was great and tube was very easy to access from multiple parts of the city. I definitely recommend the free walking tour that they advertise in the reception area.

the location of the hostel is very good and locates near the big city lung - Hyde Park, also it is near national history museum, where it is a place good for a walk

Very beautiful building with nice rooms.

• 5th Apr 2014

Such a lovely location. Great staff too!

• 5th Apr 2014

It was a very pleasant stay. The location is one of the best and the staff is very nice. I would recommend it to anyone on a short trip to London.

• 4th Apr 2014
  • India

Very clean but four bed rooms were very small. A lot of staff living there weren't so sociable. Difficult to get to know people if you are a single traveller.

great location, next to hyde park and a bunch of museums but bad breakfast system and the fire alarm started during the night with no reason, that was really bad!!! also one toilet (for all our needs...) for 10 people is not sufficient..

Overall I found it unexceptional. The only thing I was happy about was that it was so low cost in such a high cost neighborhood. However, that should be a given considering I shared a room with 11 other strangers. I didn't like that we didn't have our own outlets and that the building was kind of grimy, but I suppose it's just old.

It was great staying at the hostel. The staff was great and very helpful, the hostel location was amazing and I have a great time during my ten days there. I will definitely come back if I can!

• 1st Apr 2014

Hostek stay in April was good. The rooms were very clean and spacious for a hostel. I was in a 6dorm with ensuite. The atmosphere was ok not much happening alot of the people staying there are full time workers. Its in a very nice area but i thought had to travel too far to get to things. The train station alond is around a 10 mintute walk and its just a pain if you need to quickly duck back get changed at hostel then go back into the city.

• 1st Apr 2014