Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

Really secure hostel, staff was fantastic and movies were regularly played in the common room so that was pretty fun. The location is good! A short walk to the tube which really unlocks the city. I honestly have nothing bad to say about this place -- great experience!

The hostel was the friendliest place I could imagine and the staff were lovely. The rooms were perfectly clean and we wanted for nothing. Definitely reccommending. The price was very reasonable and the location was perfect for seeing everything in London.

• 9th Aug 2015

I was alone in London and they made me feel I wasn't. :)

• 8th Aug 2015
  • Spain

Really friendly desk staff. Made me feel very welcome. Kind of a hike to the underground but situated on a really pretty, very safe street.

Excellent hostel in an excellent location. Staff work hard to create a great atmosphere.

Great hostel, been many times. One issue is the bathrooms, showers make the entire place wet and smell of mould.

Improve the toilet Provide better toilet paper Have move washing machine ? Only 2 ( and 1 of it is broke down ) not really enough I guess Beside that everything was great The room n the staff are really good The location is near to Hyde park 10-15 min depend how fast u walk to the nearest train station 3 min to the bus stop that bring to u Central of London Worth staying ^_^ good security as well

• 6th Aug 2015
  • Malaysia

Great staff, great location! Good variety of activities each night.

• 6th Aug 2015

The hostel was a good value for the money. The rooms were comfortable, with places to lock up belonging under each bed. The rooms were quiet for sleeping. Breakfast was offered for 1 pound in the cafe area. My least favorite part was the location, which is a bit far from all of the tourist areas. Overall a good stay though.

This hostel was very suited to our needs. There were 4 girls and we had a 4 bunk room with a bathroom. The negatives were that the Wi-Fi did not reach our room, so we had to be in the common areas to use that and it was about a 10 min walk to the Tube. The staff were very friendly and wonderfully helpful, as were the other guests. Security was great; the 4 of us left for 2 nights to spend in Pairs and left a lot of our stuff unlocked in the room, and nothing was missing when we came back :)

• 5th Aug 2015

This is a fabulous hostel - great staff, kitchen, common spaces and location.

Great stay for a valuable price! The staff were awesome, always willing to help out the guests. I would definitely stay here again!

Astor Hyde Park was a bit further out from the main parts of London, but still in a very nice area that's worth a stroll through. The hostel was quite comfortable and worth the price we paid (very reasonable). Staff genuinely cared about making my stay enjoyable and offered their assistance whenever possible. The vibe was nice at the hostel and people staying there were nice and easy to talk to. Bathrooms (personal with locking doors) were a bit dirty, but pretty much as expected.

• 4th Aug 2015

Cheap room in a good location with excellent staff :)

Great hostel. The staff is so extremely nice and helpful. The area is very nice and safe. It's in the posh area of west London so it was always safe. The only negative I would say is they need to update their bathrooms in the dorms.

Home away from home!

Thanks for your words! We loved having you apart of our family! Safe travels and we hope to see you again next time you are in london! Lots of Love, Astor HP

I absolutely LOVED my stay at Astor Hyde Park. The staff are amazingly friendly and always happy to include guests in the hostels nightly events. The rooms, common space, and kitchen extremely clean. And you can't beat the location. I would 100% recommend this hostel to anyone traveling in London.

• 1st Aug 2015

I had an enjoyable stay, though the only thing I would suggest that the staff be more vocal about the facilities offered, like the ability to store your food in the refrigerator, I didn't realize this the first day. Other than that, I would highly recommend this hostel. The staff was otherwise very nice, helpful and attentive. For an older building, it was very clean, I saw the staff working hard to make the atmosphere as relaxed but comfortable to the guests. I would go back.

Place was great for the location and price. Could not believe I was staying in Kensington for the price I paid. Had a huge accommodating kitchen. Also a huge movie room with a projector that had Netflix. I'd say the only downside was the staff somewhat. They did their job and all, but they seemed very cliquey with each other which is fine.

• 31st Jul 2015

Very nice location in clear upper class area, literally beside the park. Facilities very nice with kitchen for guest use and €1 breakfast. Staff nice and helpful, very chill vibe. Room and bathroom clean. Downside is only 3 plugs in the room, in the same spot on the other side of the room from the beds. Wifi good. No elevator so had to climb 3 floor with heavy luggage.