Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

I had a great stay at the Astor Hyde Park. The only minus, if I can call it that, is that there is no elevator, and we lived on the 4th floor.

• 14th Apr 2014
  • Norway

This was the best hostel I've ever stayed in. I was blown away by the friendliness of the staff. The building itself was fantastic, with a huge, well furnished lounge and a great kitchen. The rooms were clean and far more spacious than I expected them to be.

• 14th Apr 2014

Really top notch hostel all around. Has every amenity a hostel can possibly offer and the staff were friendly and professional. The rooms were clean and well kept every day. The location is the best as well. All of this is reflected in the price. An elevator would have been nice however.

The hostel is in a good place. The room was on the 4 th floor with no lift. Very hard to walk up and down every time. The room was in a dark corner. I especially hated it. Maybe if we had a room on the 2nd floor. The room and the bathroom was OK, but the kitchen and the breakfast was horrible. Better to rent cheaper and leave the breakfast.

It's a very good hostel with a very good price and good atmosphere.

• 11th Apr 2014
  • Spain

Somewhat inconvient was that there was no wifi in the rooms. Also the plugs where all located together and far from the beds, for us it was even more inconvient because our beds where on the mezzanine. A big problem was no ventilation in the bathroom which made the room moist and smelly. The only window that could be opened was at the mezzanine which was very difficult. My suggestion is when the staff cleans the room, they should open that window so the room can air out.

• 11th Apr 2014
  • Belgium

A very nice place with a great staff. We chose this hostel because it was one of the cheapeast to stay there, and we really didn't expect so much about the place. And it was a really nice surprise to see that it is fantastic. When we come back to London, we will stay in this hostel again for sure.

• 10th Apr 2014
  • Spain
  • All Male Group, 25-30

This hostel is by far the best i've stayed in. It's very spacious and clean, people are friendly, staff helpful and welcoming. And one thing that's rare: the wi-fi worked great!! The huge home-cinema in the living room is the cherry on the cake.

toilet/shower was so dirty..

staff is certainly the best ever! everything is great in Astor, i loved the films nights and the common areas, they are really meant for young people traveling!

room and toilet was not bad, it kept sort of cleanliness which made me satisfied a bit. About location, needs to take underground, but it is okay. friendly staff and good atmosphere. Wanna give my score of 8 our of 10.

the nights staying at Astor Hyde Park was great! i love where the hostel locates, especially it is easy to be reached by buses and plus, i used to cycle inside hyde park every morning and every evening when i was in london, because the hostel is just next to the hyde park!

• 7th Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

My only complaint is that the room was very cold and the radiators didn't work.

This hostel was great. The staff was phenomenal and the hostel was very comfortable and homey. No bar on premise, but the free breakfast was nice. The location was great and tube was very easy to access from multiple parts of the city. I definitely recommend the free walking tour that they advertise in the reception area.

the location of the hostel is very good and locates near the big city lung - Hyde Park, also it is near national history museum, where it is a place good for a walk

Very beautiful building with nice rooms.

• 5th Apr 2014

Such a lovely location. Great staff too!

• 5th Apr 2014

It was a very pleasant stay. The location is one of the best and the staff is very nice. I would recommend it to anyone on a short trip to London.

• 4th Apr 2014
  • India

Very clean but four bed rooms were very small. A lot of staff living there weren't so sociable. Difficult to get to know people if you are a single traveller.

great location, next to hyde park and a bunch of museums but bad breakfast system and the fire alarm started during the night with no reason, that was really bad!!! also one toilet (for all our needs...) for 10 people is not sufficient..