Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

Really cool place, perfect location. Breakfast was too simple. Super clean and lovely staff!

Very nice atmosphere and staff helpful and smiling

• 29th Mar 2014
  • Switzerland

Pros: VERY clean, beautiful house, great location and amazing staff! Cons: lack of outlets -- 4 for a room of 10! the breakfast can't really be called a breakfast...rolls and cereal Guests have to wash their own dishes after breakfast...which is okay except when some just rinse them off or don't wash them well at all

in the beginning, I booked a nine people room, but they charge me for ten people. the problem solved at the end. we enjoyed the stay , the room was quite, kitchen is handy . staff is nice.

• 25th Mar 2014
  • Taiwan

Really nice hostel, excellent location with the boris bikes right outside for hire and Hyde Park on the doorstep. Decent rooms, good sized cages for luggage and free wifi was good.

Very nice hostel, everything looks clean and there's enough space. Nice lounge etc. Very impressed!!

• 24th Mar 2014

I love this place I have stayed here before, last time I didn't think it could get any better but some how it is. It's even cleaner then before I saw the kitchen being cleaned 3 times in one day any my room was spotless well apart from the mess my room mates made but I can't fault the hostel on that. The staff are super friendly answering all of my question and chatting and partying with us even if they weren't working. I will always come back to Astor every time I'm in London. Thanks guys

Staff was very welcoming, friendly and helpful, and the place was great!

The staff were extremely considerate and inclusive of lone-travelers and are in tune with general environment. (One male quest who was making women uncomfortable was quickly asked to check-out.) They perform maintenance daily so the premise always feels clean. Towels, locks, and outlet adapters are available for a small fee. The location is great if you're a museum-junkie and it's a safe 0.6 mile walk to the nearest tube stop if you are an anything-else junkie. It's perfect for young travelers.

• 21st Mar 2014

The location of the hostel, just south of Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens, was great! A little more than I was willing to spend for just 2 nights, but with our own toilet and shower in our room, I was very satisfied.

Staff was very helpful. Even when questions did not concern anything about the hostel or travel in general, they where willing to help.

• 20th Mar 2014

Beautiful building located near the most beautiful parks in London! Staff is very friendly

Great location, friendly staff and very clean rooms!

Hi, thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback. We're glad we were able to provide a clean and friendly environment for your stay. We hope to see you next time you're in London! Cheers, the Astor Hyde Park team :)

Excelente hostel! Is really worth the money and more. Really well located, the rooms are comfortable and warm, the staff is very helpful and the breakfast is good. Close to Gloucester Road tube station, you can esasily get anywhere from there. Close on foot to Hyde Park, St James Park and Buckingham Palace and if you are in the mood of walking you even get to Buckingham Palace, Westminster or the Big Ben. In 3 words: Go For It!

This hostel was amazing! It had clean bathrooms, an amazing location and the beds were comfortable! The only down side was in a 10 bed room there was only 4 plug outlets for charging but that is a small issue.

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback. We're glad we were able to provide a clean and comfortable environment for your stay. Following feedback from guests we have since ordered outlet additions for our rooms which should be installed in the coming weeks. We hope to see you next time you're in London! Cheers, the Astor Hyde Park team :)

Everyting was cool. Hostel have a big kitchen and you can prepare meal by youself.

The hostel was great. I was in a 4 room with 3 random others. The room was a little stuffy because I think we had people that were sweating when they slept so it smelled a little bad. But when the person left it was better. I can't say for everyone else but we had our own shower for the room which was nice. I would pay the little extra to get the shower to yourself. In terms of location it was great because one bus away will take you to piccadilly circus in about 20 - 30 minutes.

The Hostel was really nice and I enjoyed staying there. However, the best thing was the staff who were all really helpful, nice and fun to be around :)

• 11th Mar 2014
  • Denmark

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback. We're glad our staff were able to make your stay an enjoyable experience. We hope to see you next time you're in London. Cheers, the Astor Hyde Park team :)

A good price for an accommodation in London. The staff was friendly, the hostel clean, the breakfast as the average of other hostels (you take what you want). It is placed in a secure zone, also you enter at the building and at the bedroom with a magnetic card and you can put your luggage in a box closed with a key in the bedroom. If you are tall the bed will be short for you. Hot water with good pressure in the bathroom. Nice hostel.

• 9th Mar 2014
  • Mexico

Hi there, thanks for taking time to leave us feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at Astor Hyde Park and that we were able to provide a safe and secure environment for you. Hope to see you next time you're in London. Cheers, the Astor Hyde Park team :)

Very clean and secure, great staff, but a little expensive. Worth it, though, the location is excellent, less than one block from the hyde park. My only problem was finding food around - the closest shops are about 6 blocks from there, and in the winter that can be really desmotivating, so buy your food during the day! (there's a common fridge and you can label it). Also, the closest underground station isn't that close - but I used to go to Lancaster Gate through Hyde Park, nice walk!

• 7th Mar 2014