Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

Our stay was great! The staff were incredibly friendly and the atmosphere there was great, everyone respected the space of the rest but at the same time created a really nice environment! The room was perfectly clean and save!

• 7th Feb 2014
  • Spain

Hi there, glad to hear you enjoyed your time at Astor Hyde Park and that we were able to provide a clean and enjoyable environment for your stay. Hope to see you next time in London :)

Very good hostel. Bit far from the city center, soho, Tower of London.. But close to V&A museum, National History and Science Museum. Very good value. Sometimes a dirty toilet or a light that does not work, but they fixed it almost immediately. Very good breakfast too. 24 hour reception.

• 3rd Feb 2014
  • Belgium

Hi there. Our reception is open 24 hours a day and should there be any problems with your room we are always available to rectify this for your immediately. We appreciate you taking time to give us feedback on the hostel as it helps us to give the best possible service to our guests. Hopefully see you next time :)

Arriving at our first hostel we didnt really know what to expect but the staff at Astor Hyde park were really welcoming, friendly and helpful. Really good breakfast, cool common room but the wifi was a bit slow which was a shame. The lockers in the room were also handy and the location was pretty good with less than a 10 min walk to the station. Would definitely recommend!

Hi there! We are glad you enjoyed your stay at Astor Hyde Park, we really appreciate you taking time to give us feedback. Hopefully see you the next time you are in London :)

When I first booked into this hostel I had no idea what to expect of my first hostel in London. What I found was an amazing place where I met some of the most awesome people I've known. The staff here are like a family and the hostel is clean, organised and located in a super posh neighbourhood, really central. If you're in London for a couple days, a few weeks or moving here for the long haul, check into Astor Hyde Park and chances are you'll remember the time spent there for years to come.

Great hostel, besides a naïve bu hurtful poster that hangs in the hostel, in which imperialism is celebrated

• 31st Jan 2014

Undoubtedly the best hostel I have ever been. I wish I could have stayed more than just a weekend

• 31st Jan 2014

Perfect location and friendly staff. The rooms are nice but you have to climb lots of stairs to get there. The price should have been cheaper since the dorms are 10 or 12 beds.

I had a great time at the Astor! Clean hostel, great location super friendly staff. Would recommend to all my friends. #hostelliving

• 29th Jan 2014

Hi there, we're glad you enjoyed your stay at Astor Hyde Park and we appreciate you taking the time to leave feedback. Hope to see you in London next time. Take care, the Astor Hyde Park team

One bathroom between 9 people and no other bathroom options is bad. 1 power point for 9 people is also bad. Not enough room for suitcases in smaller rooms of 4 people. Perhaps more mugs for breakfast time. All that aside (not that they are big deals) I am very happy with my choice of Hostel. The location is safe and a very nice area! close to tube and buses. Very clean and fresh interiors. Will definately be back if I need to a place to stay in London again and will recommend to friends.

• 28th Jan 2014

Poor facilities of toilets, Too many people in a small room.

• 27th Jan 2014
  • South Korea

Great hostel but it's far from the subway. It's a nice place and very clean, and the staff is amazing.

Fantastic hostel. Would stay there again.

The facilities are great, it's very clean and the breakfast it's amazing. There is not much atmosphere maybe because there's many people staying there, but it's a great hostel anyways. I would recommend it to a friend.

We stayed at a private room with bathroom included but the cleaningness was poor. The toilet was really dirty. There was no heating in the room or it wasn't working. It is an old building so the wood floor was noisy. We complained and the staff was really helpful. We had reserved 3 nights but they helped us to cancel the booking.

Nice and helpful staff. Facilities were adequate. They nickel and dime you for a towel to rent it and have it laundered ultimately costs you 2 pounds. Bring your own towel. Breakfast was super simple but free. Location was good near Underground amd Overground (bus). Get an Oyster card too. Ok place for the price.

Nice hostel with really good location. Good breakfast and friendly staff. Would recommend

I lived here for 2,5 weeks while I was new in London and were looking for a job and a Place to live. A fresh and Clean hostel with big and airy rooms. Great common areas where you could meet new people. A large kitchen och dining area as well. The staff were really good, friendy and cleaned the room every day. I had no problem at all living there for such a long time and I really recommend this hostel.

My friend and I stayed in a private room, really helpful and friendly staff, our room was clean and got cleaned nearly everyday. Good breakfast provided, tube station not too far away and bus stops close too. Free wifi but only worked in common room like the lounge and dining room. Also: beds were SO COMFY. Really good hostel would definitely stay there again.

• 20th Jan 2014

The Astor Hostel is an amazing place to Stay. I was a bit apprehensive staiying in a hostel as this was my first time I did it. I couldn't be happier with the result and glad I gave this a try. The Staff were kind and great to have fun with! The hostel organised a clubbing night where I became good friends with all of them. I got to meet so many new friends and by the time I had to check out I didn't wan't to leave. I couldn't recommend this hostel any higher It's great value for everything.

I stayed just for one night, however the staff seemed pretty nice, the rooms and bathrooms were pretty clean and functional. The locations was pretty good and the price just made sense.