Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

Great hostel, besides a naïve bu hurtful poster that hangs in the hostel, in which imperialism is celebrated

• 31st Jan 2014

Undoubtedly the best hostel I have ever been. I wish I could have stayed more than just a weekend

• 31st Jan 2014

Perfect location and friendly staff. The rooms are nice but you have to climb lots of stairs to get there. The price should have been cheaper since the dorms are 10 or 12 beds.

I had a great time at the Astor! Clean hostel, great location super friendly staff. Would recommend to all my friends. #hostelliving

• 29th Jan 2014

Hi there, we're glad you enjoyed your stay at Astor Hyde Park and we appreciate you taking the time to leave feedback. Hope to see you in London next time. Take care, the Astor Hyde Park team

One bathroom between 9 people and no other bathroom options is bad. 1 power point for 9 people is also bad. Not enough room for suitcases in smaller rooms of 4 people. Perhaps more mugs for breakfast time. All that aside (not that they are big deals) I am very happy with my choice of Hostel. The location is safe and a very nice area! close to tube and buses. Very clean and fresh interiors. Will definately be back if I need to a place to stay in London again and will recommend to friends.

• 28th Jan 2014

Poor facilities of toilets, Too many people in a small room.

• 27th Jan 2014
  • South Korea

Great hostel but it's far from the subway. It's a nice place and very clean, and the staff is amazing.

Fantastic hostel. Would stay there again.

The facilities are great, it's very clean and the breakfast it's amazing. There is not much atmosphere maybe because there's many people staying there, but it's a great hostel anyways. I would recommend it to a friend.

We stayed at a private room with bathroom included but the cleaningness was poor. The toilet was really dirty. There was no heating in the room or it wasn't working. It is an old building so the wood floor was noisy. We complained and the staff was really helpful. We had reserved 3 nights but they helped us to cancel the booking.

Nice and helpful staff. Facilities were adequate. They nickel and dime you for a towel to rent it and have it laundered ultimately costs you 2 pounds. Bring your own towel. Breakfast was super simple but free. Location was good near Underground amd Overground (bus). Get an Oyster card too. Ok place for the price.

Nice hostel with really good location. Good breakfast and friendly staff. Would recommend

I lived here for 2,5 weeks while I was new in London and were looking for a job and a Place to live. A fresh and Clean hostel with big and airy rooms. Great common areas where you could meet new people. A large kitchen och dining area as well. The staff were really good, friendy and cleaned the room every day. I had no problem at all living there for such a long time and I really recommend this hostel.

My friend and I stayed in a private room, really helpful and friendly staff, our room was clean and got cleaned nearly everyday. Good breakfast provided, tube station not too far away and bus stops close too. Free wifi but only worked in common room like the lounge and dining room. Also: beds were SO COMFY. Really good hostel would definitely stay there again.

• 20th Jan 2014

The Astor Hostel is an amazing place to Stay. I was a bit apprehensive staiying in a hostel as this was my first time I did it. I couldn't be happier with the result and glad I gave this a try. The Staff were kind and great to have fun with! The hostel organised a clubbing night where I became good friends with all of them. I got to meet so many new friends and by the time I had to check out I didn't wan't to leave. I couldn't recommend this hostel any higher It's great value for everything.

I stayed just for one night, however the staff seemed pretty nice, the rooms and bathrooms were pretty clean and functional. The locations was pretty good and the price just made sense.

It was my second time at this hostel. Just a great place to stay if you want to have some fun but also need a place to rest after a wild day in London.

The location is not ideal. London is huge and you have to walk a lot anyways, but it's a good walk to the nearest subway and everything you want to see is far away. Beds were good, lockers under the beds, staff was great, the building is beautiful. Wifi does not work in the rooms, bathrooms aren't too bad. You get a key card for your room and our door broke while we were there….so the staff had to come upstairs every time you wanted in your room to unlock the door. I would stay here again.

Great customer service, friendly staff. 100 % across the board !

Location was excellent since it is near the Glocester Road and some good museums. Staffs are sooo much friendly. Other facilities are not extremely good but there's no deficiency. By reckoning very economical price, it will be very good choice. Would be there again if I go London again.

Hi there, glad our staff were able to make your stay at Astor Hyde Park more enjoyable and we appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback. We hope to see you again in London. Take care, the Astor Hyde Park Team :)