Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

Very nice hostel, everything looks clean and there's enough space. Nice lounge etc. Very impressed!!

• 24th Mar 2014

I love this place I have stayed here before, last time I didn't think it could get any better but some how it is. It's even cleaner then before I saw the kitchen being cleaned 3 times in one day any my room was spotless well apart from the mess my room mates made but I can't fault the hostel on that. The staff are super friendly answering all of my question and chatting and partying with us even if they weren't working. I will always come back to Astor every time I'm in London. Thanks guys

Staff was very welcoming, friendly and helpful, and the place was great!

The staff were extremely considerate and inclusive of lone-travelers and are in tune with general environment. (One male quest who was making women uncomfortable was quickly asked to check-out.) They perform maintenance daily so the premise always feels clean. Towels, locks, and outlet adapters are available for a small fee. The location is great if you're a museum-junkie and it's a safe 0.6 mile walk to the nearest tube stop if you are an anything-else junkie. It's perfect for young travelers.

• 21st Mar 2014

The location of the hostel, just south of Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens, was great! A little more than I was willing to spend for just 2 nights, but with our own toilet and shower in our room, I was very satisfied.

Staff was very helpful. Even when questions did not concern anything about the hostel or travel in general, they where willing to help.

• 20th Mar 2014

Beautiful building located near the most beautiful parks in London! Staff is very friendly

Great location, friendly staff and very clean rooms!

Hi, thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback. We're glad we were able to provide a clean and friendly environment for your stay. We hope to see you next time you're in London! Cheers, the Astor Hyde Park team :)

Excelente hostel! Is really worth the money and more. Really well located, the rooms are comfortable and warm, the staff is very helpful and the breakfast is good. Close to Gloucester Road tube station, you can esasily get anywhere from there. Close on foot to Hyde Park, St James Park and Buckingham Palace and if you are in the mood of walking you even get to Buckingham Palace, Westminster or the Big Ben. In 3 words: Go For It!

This hostel was amazing! It had clean bathrooms, an amazing location and the beds were comfortable! The only down side was in a 10 bed room there was only 4 plug outlets for charging but that is a small issue.

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback. We're glad we were able to provide a clean and comfortable environment for your stay. Following feedback from guests we have since ordered outlet additions for our rooms which should be installed in the coming weeks. We hope to see you next time you're in London! Cheers, the Astor Hyde Park team :)

Everyting was cool. Hostel have a big kitchen and you can prepare meal by youself.

The hostel was great. I was in a 4 room with 3 random others. The room was a little stuffy because I think we had people that were sweating when they slept so it smelled a little bad. But when the person left it was better. I can't say for everyone else but we had our own shower for the room which was nice. I would pay the little extra to get the shower to yourself. In terms of location it was great because one bus away will take you to piccadilly circus in about 20 - 30 minutes.

The Hostel was really nice and I enjoyed staying there. However, the best thing was the staff who were all really helpful, nice and fun to be around :)

• 11th Mar 2014
  • Denmark

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback. We're glad our staff were able to make your stay an enjoyable experience. We hope to see you next time you're in London. Cheers, the Astor Hyde Park team :)

A good price for an accommodation in London. The staff was friendly, the hostel clean, the breakfast as the average of other hostels (you take what you want). It is placed in a secure zone, also you enter at the building and at the bedroom with a magnetic card and you can put your luggage in a box closed with a key in the bedroom. If you are tall the bed will be short for you. Hot water with good pressure in the bathroom. Nice hostel.

• 9th Mar 2014
  • Mexico

Hi there, thanks for taking time to leave us feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at Astor Hyde Park and that we were able to provide a safe and secure environment for you. Hope to see you next time you're in London. Cheers, the Astor Hyde Park team :)

Very clean and secure, great staff, but a little expensive. Worth it, though, the location is excellent, less than one block from the hyde park. My only problem was finding food around - the closest shops are about 6 blocks from there, and in the winter that can be really desmotivating, so buy your food during the day! (there's a common fridge and you can label it). Also, the closest underground station isn't that close - but I used to go to Lancaster Gate through Hyde Park, nice walk!

• 7th Mar 2014

I think there really were reading lamps missing in the dorms.... Because by using the ceiling light at night you would wake up all you roommates. The location was perfect, the staff very friendly, the building was beautiful. But I missed love for detail. The rooms were just simply white with beds in it, nothing cozy, nothing memorable.

Could do with a bar.

• 7th Mar 2014

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback. Whilst we do not have a bar in the hostel we do allow guests to consume alcohol on the premises and we also offer pub crawls and pub nights 7 days a week!

Good atmesphere to meet people, have had a good time there.

• 7th Mar 2014

Hi there, were glad you enjoyed your stay at Astor Hyde Park and that we were able to provide you with an enjoyable atmosphere. We hope to see you next time in London. Cheers, the Astor Hyde Park team :)

First time I've ever stayed in a hostel and it was great! The staff were very very friendly and helpful and the rooms and bathrooms were clean. The kitchen was really good, very clean and had all the equipment you needed. Breakfast selection was awesome - 4 types of cereal, 2 types of bread rolls with peanut butter, honey, margarine, nutella and 3 types of jam. And tea and coffee all the time. I had a really loud and obnoxious room mate and I asked to change and it was no problem :) very happy!

Hi there. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, we're glad we were able to make your first stay in a hostel an enjoyable experience. We hope to see you next time your in London! Cheers, the Astor Hyde Park team :)

We stayed in a private 2 people ensuite bedroom. Room was clean and there was even a tv! The location felt safe but not much fun - we went to pubs by bus or tube. Many buses go really near, for example 9 and 10, and we liked buses more than the tube. The museums are really close and we enjoyed being in Hyde Park as well. The breakfast was bread and cereals. We had some problems with paying with debit card but the staff person was friendly and let us try many times - succeeded at last!

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at Hyde Park, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Hope to see you the next time your in London! Thanks, the Astor Hyde Park team :)