Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

Excellent hostel, felt very safe throughout the trip key card required to enter hostel and room. Locker under bed plenty big enough to store a suitcase. Both the room and en suite were clean. Breakfast provided with room cost consisted of cereal, toast; with a range of toppings, and tea/coffee. Only downside was several flights of stairs to climb as there was no lift but we soon got used to this. Overall we had a fantastic time and would definitely consider staying here in the future.

• 22nd Jul 2013

This hostel was good but it is not near a station! Be warned if you are walking there with a huge backpack!

All the staff at Astor Hyde park where extremely helpful. There where two individual associates Andy and Simone who went above and beyond to make my stay at this particular hostel an amazing experience. All of the other fellow travelers where very curious as well. But one particular resident there named Phil was hilarious, he was very welcoming very personable right off the bat. All in all it was hands down the best hostel I have ever been too, I would definitely come back again!

• 21st Jul 2013

Astor Hyde Park seems like it should have it all. Beautiful location near Hyde Park and Imperial College, cool building, decent rooms that are well-enough maintained, free (basic) breakfast. But the staff takes over the common areas watching TV all the time and there is little to no opportunity beyond the morning breakfast to meet other travelers. Ended up being one of the least fun hostels I've ever stayed in.

One of the best hostel experiences. The hostel takes up an old English building with history. There is a large common lounge area, were I found friends and like-minded people to make my stay exciting and fun. This is the place where you feel at home and big parties happen. There is a large kitchen, and free luggage room.

The staff is really friendly and helpful. I stayed for a week and I had the chance to meet a lot of people there. If you are travelling alone, I will recommend you to stay here.

The Astor Hyde Park Hostel is a great hostel! Excellent location, just a few minutes from the museums (free admission) and Hyde Park & Kensington Gardens in a safe and luxurious neighbourhood. Very friendly guests and staff, always up for a chat. The room was clean, quite spacious for a hostel and came with a shower and toilet. There are lockers under the beds. The room was, however, quite hot, but London saw temperatures over 30 C, so it's not surprising. A fan was provided.

• 20th Jul 2013

Great hostel, we loved it here. It's in a really beautiful area. Only downside is there's no elevator... And six levels.

I had so much fun here: met so many people, the staff was very friendly and helpful, location next to hyde park is awesome (beautiful park), clean, it is nice to have free breakfast. Very good, I would recommend it to my friends.

• 18th Jul 2013
  • Mexico

I liked the Hostel, stays in a safe location, the closest subway station is not so close, but it is not far. I would stay there again.

• 18th Jul 2013

Good fun place, didn't have the 'boys on tour' aspect which was good! Met some excellent people

clean hostel with friendly staff. there were only two power plugs for the whole,room,of ten people. It was around a,15 min walk from gloucester road station, but the area is v peaceful and feels safe. The rooms were spacious and modern with storage space under the beds.. Free breakfast from 8am consists,of milk, tea, cereal and toast. The bathroom was locates in the room which was v convenient.

• 17th Jul 2013
  • Singapore

Great location and the staff was helpful. Our room was pretty big but because of the way the bunk beds were set up, for the two of us we only had one locker we had to share. Would have preferred having our own. Still a nice place. Close to the bus and tube station.

• 16th Jul 2013

Good clean hostel. Quite close to a tube station. No real complaints from me.

This hostel was really good, the staff is helpful, there's a common kitchen where you can cook, there should be a bar to hang out with other persons. I know that the building is an antique, but it would be an elevator at last for the luggage. Talking about the dorms, the people are friendly; however the bathroom should be cleaned better.

• 15th Jul 2013
  • Mexico

Four floors, stairs only. Not a problem for me but be careful with that. Internet is not good, has frequent blackouts. It is good enough for sending emails and browsing, but not to use skype for example. All other things were excelent.

• 14th Jul 2013
  • Spain

very nice hostel close to everything

It's abt a 10-15min walk from Gloucester Station (or High St Kensington). Rooms are vacuumed and toilets are cleaned everyday. Large kitchen, big common area, friendly staff, quiet neighborhood for a good night's sleep. All in all a very comfortable hostel to be at when in London

Only there for a few nights but was perfect for what we needed. Met a few great people so it was good.

We found the website looking on the web for somewhere to sleep and this was definitely a very good surprise to find such a good place we could afford. The hostel is beautiful, the staff really kind and here to help you or answer any question you could ask. Surely if one of our friends looks for a place to stay in London, we will talk about this amazing place.

• 12th Jul 2013