Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

Great location, clean, helpful staff.

Very homey feel to this hostel. Which is incredible considering how big it is. Really enjoyed our stay here, the staff were so helpful and friendly. It is in a pricey neighbourhood but being next the Natural History Museum and Hyde Park means there is plenty to do. Highly recommend this hostel!

Loved my stay! Everyone was really friendly and welcoming, and I had a great time.

I really had a good stay in London due to the Hostel. Staff was friendly and eagle to help you. If you want a fun environment and meet nice, new people, this is the place to go.

• 17th May 2014
  • Spain

It was a mixed bag here. The facilities are good. I paid with a credit card, and he didn't tell me till after it cleared that they were adding a percentage surcharge to the payment since I was paying with my credit card. They charged me in USD, and used an inflated exchange rate, without asking. I would have rather paid in Pounds. Later, I forgot something in my luggage, which was in the left luggage area, and the front desk lady would not let me go in at night and was quite rude.

Good atmosphere, enjoyed meeting people staying there. The girl at the desk was helpful/nice each of the three times my door key card didn't work, and organising the shuttle to the airport. Only complaint would be the lack of power points. In a room of ten, charging of a night-time meant an hours charge before being unplugged.

• 16th May 2014

Really nice hostel and good atmosphere! Easy accessible and excellent with good weather as it is close to Hyde Park. Walking distance of all the bigger Museums like the National History Museum and Science Museum.

• 16th May 2014

Great place to stay, excellent atmosphere. Facilities are clean. Breakfast is included and it's really tasty.

Little things like no elevator, small dorm rooms, only one computer made things bit inconvenient but I thought it was a good enough hostel.

Great place to stay. Close enough to Metro's. Cages under beds are great for security and ease of access. Second time stayed here, and would go back again.

I absolutely loved it here. Great part of London to stay in. Close to thereto and museums. The staff were friendly and full of recommendations. Staying here if I ever come to London again

It was my forth time in London. Best hostel so far

At least the sixth time I've stayed here in the last 3-4 years. Always a fantastic experience. Friendly staff and a great location, will definitely be back again soon:)

• 10th May 2014

Very clean, great big (fantastic) kitchen, friendly staff, comfortable common spaces- I´m really impressed with the quality of this hostel, especially considering the relatively low price! South Kensington is a very nice neighborhood; it didn´t suit my personal tastes (Kensington is really high end), but that´s nothing against the hostel. It´s a good location for parks and museums and quieter atmosphere anyway. Thanks, Astor Hyde!

The only thing I didn't like was the bathroom. There were no soap (only in that particular room), the sink could be a bit bigger and when you turn the tap on it turns off way too fast. But those are actually the only drawbacks I can mention and they are not very significant.

• 10th May 2014
  • Russia

The location of the hostel is great! So is the staff and cleanliness. The only thing I didn´t like very much was breakfast. I think they should offer more options. But if go back to London, I´d stay there again!!

• 9th May 2014

Loved it, will come again fore sure!

• 9th May 2014
  • Croatia

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We're glad you loved your time at Astor HP and we hope you visit us again the next time you are in London :)

I stayed in one of the basements, in a bi-level room. There were three additional beds upstairs, and there was absolutely nowhere to charge my phone (no plug-ins anywhere upstairs) And the wi-fi didn't reach up there either. Otherwise, excellent stay.

Good location, helpful and friendly staffs, friendly roommates made me have a great time staying in Astor. But the drainage of shower in my dormitory didn't work well.

• 8th May 2014
  • Hong Kong

Hi there. Thanks for taking the time to provide us with feedback, should there be any aspect of our facilities that you may be unsure about please don't hesitate to contact reception and they will be happy to have this fixed for you. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and that our staff were able to provide a fun environment for your stay. We hope to see you in London next time :)

Clean and safe hostel with helpful staff in nice area. Near Hyde Park, Royal Albert Hall, Exhibition Road and it's museums. I'd definitely stay again!