Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

It was a good experience. It is not so close to the underground, but it is not so far away. The staff is really nice. My english is not so good and they were really attentive, speaking slow and clear. A bad side is that they do not have a plug to recharge your cellphone in your bed.

Very good hostel, excellent staff...I would go back!! :)

• 22nd Oct 2013
  • Croatia

Its a nice hostel in a good part of town. It has a large downstairs communal area where the wifi is the solid. I had a little difficulty connecting to the wifi in my room but oh well. Enjoy

Pros: Really clean, nice building and facilities. Free breakfast (but very simple-- bread and cereal). Many things like lockers, hair dryers, and outlet converters are available for free (you just need to pay a deposit which you will get back in full when you return the item). Great location, in a safe, beautiful neighborhood. Close to the Picadilly line. Cons: Wish there was a younger feel...there is no bar and the common room is very quiet. Lots of stairs and no elevators!

I was actually surprised at finding a central inexpensive and CLEAN accommodation in London, doesn't happen very often!

Had difficultly finding the location as the numbering on the street is odd. When arrived had to walk up five flights with heavy luggage and the swipe card did not work. When I told the clerk his response was rude and tried to blame me for not being able to use the card. "Included breakfast" was just cereal, not even any juice. The tables were extremely sticky. Not all top bunks had railings! Almost fell out of the bed one night. A hostel much more friendly to partying types, not other travellers

Nice hostel on a good neighborhood. Not for a longer stay; a few nights was ok. My arrival to Astor Hyde Park wasn't the nicest. Dude at the reception was pretty rude and didn't tell me anything about the facilities: where's the kitchen and what's the wifi password etc. I was so exhausted at the time that I didn't even ask. Also, I came with a big luggage and the dorm was on 3rd floor - many, many stairs to climb. Could've maybe used the help if I had known it was so high up.

• 16th Oct 2013
  • Finland

A great hostel to stay at, great kitchen facilities and dining room! Very good location with easy access to buses and trains. Only negative is no lift and climbing up 6 floors of stairs isn't ideal all the time

Terrible. Dodgy. Sketchy - take your pick. Ignore the positive reviews for this hostel left by numerous oblivious customers. I thought I was an unlucky minority to have my iPhone and iPad disappear while staying here. After many conversations it turns out its a common occurrence. Staff were less than helpful, security to assist was pathetic and obviously fingers can't be pointed but this victim has more than enough reason to believe it was someone on the payroll. Simply: avoid here.

The best hostel I have ever stayed at. Very clean, amazing staff and helpful, great atmosfere. Close to everything. Can't wait to go back. Highly recommended.

• 14th Oct 2013

Nice and clean hostel with good facilities. Not the best for solo travellers due to the amount of live ins.

good choice to stay in LOndon !!!!!

• 12th Oct 2013

Nice place, very professional.

Definitely a great hostel and a nice way to spend a cheaper weekend in London than in a hotel.

• 11th Oct 2013
  • Luxembourg

Good job guys. Keep it up!

• 10th Oct 2013
  • India

Astor Hyde Park was a very nice place to stay with the excpetion that the bed we slept on was possibly the worst bed ever!

• 8th Oct 2013

This was my first hostel experience, but I have to say if this is the norm, I don't know why I've never taken advantage before. Hostel was in a great old victorian building with good, clean common areas. Staff were good people and helpful from check in to check out. Only two minor gripes: bag storage before check in is in an unsecured room, but it felt safe enough. The other thing is GBP5 for towel, but this could be a hostel norm. If I ever return to London, I'll be staying here.

• 6th Oct 2013

We are very happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations on your first stay at a hostel. Our building is a culture heritage old Victorian building. We put emphasis on cleanliness and customer service and our major concern is to ensure everyone a pleasant stay. Our luggage rooms lock and they are CCTV monitored to be a 100% sure about the safety of your belongings. As for towels, we only ask for a £5 deposit but we give £3 backs when you return it. Have fun traveling and see you next time!

If security of your personal items is a main concern, don't stay here. The luggage storage rooms didn't even lock and if you wanted to be able to lock the cages under your bed you needed to rent a specific lock from the front desk for 5£. I was told by a staff member that the only safe place to leave your stuff was by renting a tiny locker across from reception. Ended up being fine but was annoyed at the lack of security.

it does not look like a typical hostel, it was like a small dormitory, building itself was nice but one small elevator would be great for the people who stays on 4-5-6 floors...

My stay was for four nights at the hostel. First thing: Nice and quiet location in Kensington. You can reach it very good by bus or tube. The 5-Person room size was okay. The beds were comfortable and clean. Probably to hot in the summer. Negative: no elevator and small stairwells. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Bath rooms: In general for a hostel about average. Generally clean, but e.g. shower curtains needed to be changed. Breakfast: Cereals, jam and bread. Staff

• 3rd Oct 2013

Thank you very much for pointing out our amazing location. Only a few minute walk from Kensington Palace with buses and trains running 24 hours to all the major attractions. We ensure that we keep on track with our housekeeping services so that we provide a safe and comfortable stay to all our guests. Our staff are always willing and helpful to answer all your questions about the hostel and the famous attractions in London. Have safe travels and we hope to see you again! Best, Management@ AHP