Astor Hyde Park Reviews

191 Queensgate, South Kensington, London, England

Nice hostel overall, but the facilities were cramped. I was in a 5 bed room and there were two other rooms on my floor, all sharing one bathroom. The room itself was on the small side, but that's London, I guess. It had a sink, which was a plus! There were drawers under the beds for luggage storage, too.

Just used as a place to rest our heads at night. Staff was a little bit snooty when asked questions as they were always busy and at breakfast would not really interact with travellers. Would stay again due to safety and location.

Needed more plugs in the room

The hostel is in a beautiful neighborhood near tube and bus stops. Hyde Park & Kensington Palace are just around the corner and the tube takes you to the most important highlights in less than 10 minutes. The staff were very friendly and helpful (and plenty of them walking around) and most everything from phone chargers to padlocks for the luggage cage under your bed you can lend for free (deposit required). Lots of lovely eating and drinking facilities near by. I will be returning for sure!

• 11th Jul 2015

Convinient to travel to most area as theres piccadilly,district and circle line using the london underground. The stay was acceptable and clean and they provide luggage storage, padlocks,etc. Willing to help guests especially lvl 5's toilet often flooded easily. Feel safe walking at night and its near to most of the museums.

Just a few plug sockets in the room caused a little problem to charge my stuff but nothing really important. The courtains in the toilets are very old, some new would be nice. The staff guys were all very nice except for the guy that used to make the beds in the room. Nice location, tube in a couple blocks. Very good hostel in a general view, recommend.

This hostel messed up my booking, I was supposed to stay in an all female dorm and I was in a mixed dorm. The location is great but it's not the best place to stay in London. No one talked to each other and generally everyone seemed pretty standoffish, staff included. I would not recommend this hostel.

The Hostel is well located, close to a few museums. Bus 52 from Victoria Trains Station takes you directly there and it runs 24hrs as well as Bus 10 if you're hanging around Oxford Street and Picadilly Circus and want to go back late to the Hostel.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. Special mention to Victor who advised me on alternative routes to the airport (there was a tube strike that day), and for helping me to print the bus ticket.

Not bad. Some things I had a problem with were the rooms didn't have outlets for every bunk, the rooms were hot so the fan ran 24/7, and even though I stayed on the 1st floor we had no wifi in our room.

Such a great hostel! they make you feel very much at home, and really try to do everything to make your stay great. Most of the facilities are free to use and that gives you the feeling that they're interested in you having a good stay and wanting to come back, rather than just taking your money.

• 6th Jul 2015

Far away from metro station. Average. Good breakfast.

Hello! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our £1 Charity Breakfast! As our location is right by the famous Hyde Park there are two Tube Stations just 8 min by walk or just a 2min bus ride which will drop you right outside the hostel! Nice and easy :) We hope to see you next time you're in London, you can take the bus 70 from the tube! Safe travels Lots of love, Astor HP xo

One of the best hostels I've stayed in when staying in dorms. Spacious rooms very high ceilings, Spacious and comfortable bathroom in the room. Nice "historical" inside in general. Common room with a projector/huge screen. Dinning room downstairs, laundry and luggage deposit (locked and camera secured). Cameras security in the building and key-card opened entrance. A very helpful staff. Money for breakfast (only 1 GBP) goes for charity. Regular program of events. A very nice experience!

Was a small room, but very clean as well as the bathrooms. Bathrooms were a good size and showers were nice. Can rent a towel for 1 pound if needed. Staff was very helpful! Only downfall is I did not get wifi in my room on the first floor. The metro is a good 10-15 minute walk. But is located right across from the beautiful Hyde park!

The room was unbearably hot! They provided a small fan but it made almost no difference.

• 3rd Jul 2015

We had a lovely stay at the Astor - the staff were friendly and were able to put us in the same room our friend was staying in. The rooms and hostel were clean. I wished we were staying for longer!

• 3rd Jul 2015

I stayed in the 6 bed dorm and there was plenty of room. Beds were comfortable, locker below the beds, and one shared bathroom across the hall. Good staff. It's very close to Hyde Park!

I stayed for 2 nights solo. It was a good place, especially with the poind breakfast. My only real issue was that there was no way to plug your stuff in at your bed.

Loved every second of my stay at Astor Hyde Park (well, maybe not the stairs!) The staff were always friendly at all hours of the day, and made every effort to help whenever it was required.

• 1st Jul 2015

Great hostel in a good location.